test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Legacy of Romulus Pre-Patching Enabled (Now disabled!)

Comments

• Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it gave up straight away last night. Looks like a full patch on LoR is going to be my only option. That's fine as I didn't expect to get in on that day anyway, it's just a tad annoying it won't do it while I'm in the land of nod.
  • Options
    nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What gives with this latest patch, anyway? I've run through the same 3600kb patch for the past five days, every day, every time I log in.

Anyone else dealing with this annoyance?
  • Options
    nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Pre-patching for Legacy of Romulus has been enabled! Upon logging out of Holodeck, the launcher will pop up again and start the pre-patch download.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And it still crashes almost instantly, same as before. And still starting at 0 every time.
  • Options
    dwolf1400dwolf1400 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a few days now, after I exit STO, the patcher keeps trying to download a large number of files. But it keeps freezing,

Is there a place I can download the file directly and install manually?
  • Options
    powerpruetzpowerpruetz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prepatch, 7th try, went to ~80% over the course of 6-7 hours and then of course crashed. Back to 0.

Cryptic, how about you tell us if this POS is able to pick up after it crashed or if it really can only download the whole 5G in one session? Should we delete the prepatch folder if it crashed or just let it continue (if it continues at all and does not crash almost immediately on subsequent tries)? Seems that there are 7 .hogg files in there that are written simultaneously and 4 more that just sit there at 65kB.

Even better, put the 5G (or the individual files) on a server that can offer a bit more than 100kB/s download (or talk to your ISP if its throttling on their part; I'm in Europe FYI).

With that performance, the 21st will be 'interesting'. Better get out your asbestos hull platings ;)
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting a big patch as well 9883Mb and i do not know way it is patching after close the game is all ready fully patched is this a big nasty bug or some thing.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cancelled mine most of the times anyway.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm at 75 % so far, been only an hour gone by or so, and having no problems with the pre-patch.

Perhaps it's only people who use "steam" (whatever that is) that are having problems?
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yer mate its doing the same for me its like its not saving it on ur comp and yes dev i got the new patcher
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have now disabled on demand patching. Anr restarted the launcher. And surprisingli, the big patch is downloading at maximum speed. Fev minutes and it will be downloaded soon. Before that the launcher always started downlaoding patch in aprox. 3650 kB. And after exiting game, it started downloading big patch with slow speed and never finished downloading it. Maby the problem will be solved if you try the same way I did.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amahood wrote: »
    I'm at 75 % so far, been only an hour gone by or so, and having no problems with the pre-patch.

Perhaps it's only people who use "steam" (whatever that is) that are having problems?

Steam is a online dgital purchase system for games. Anyway I do not have it therefore it is not likely that is the cause.
  • Options
    carardrhas25carardrhas25 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys you should read some post before asking stupid things.

The patch you are denying is the LoR prepatch.

This happens to reduce the Server Load on patch day.

So keep it running over night or when you are up to other things.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's wierd. After launcher downloaded patch, I statred the game. And after exiting game, the launcher started downloading patch in size around 10Gb. Is this a joke? Guess I'll have to wait and see. Patch is downloading with maximum speed. So It vill be downloaded fast. But, what will happend after that, i don't know.
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    Steam is a online dgital purchase system for games. Anyway I do not have it therefore it is not likely that is the cause.

ok.

I was away from the computer for a bit, and when I got back not too long ago, I found that the launcher window was closed, so I assumed that it was done patching.

I re-logged into the launcher, it patched something small like 1000 kb , then i logged into the game, and logged out , to see if indeed I got the entire patch done (since I don't know how else to check), and it started to patch 5000 mb again...?!?!?

so is that an automatic thing? or does that mean that it didn't patch hundred percent?

this has confused me indeed.

-Aaron
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not weird at all, when you pre-patched before you only did the bare minimum due to having patch on demand enabled. Now you are downloading all of the pre-patch as per your settings.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here (steam version)

Patching on game start over 3GBs
    Patching on game exit over 5GBs

EVERY TIME :mad::mad::mad:

Downloaded last days over 50GBs of data

Its rediculous.
  • Options
    jasq2009jasq2009 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borgus1122 wrote: »
    That's wierd. After launcher downloaded patch, I statred the game. And after exiting game, the launcher started downloading patch in size around 10Gb. Is this a joke? Guess I'll have to wait and see. Patch is downloading with maximum speed. So It vill be downloaded fast. But, what will happend after that, i don't know.

Did the same as u did, and same result as u...ill just wait and see what will happen...maybe afterwards another 20gigs patch :)
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here (steam version)

Patching on game start over 3GBs
    Patching on game exit over 5GBs

So EVERY TIME I start and exit the game :mad::mad::mad:

Downloaded last days over 50GBs of data

Its rediculous.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Cryptic should look at this problem. Becouse is irretating. Maby Tal Shiar doesn't want us to download the normal patch (if it's for romulan missions and toon). :)
  • Options
    shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jasq2009 wrote: »
    Did the same as u did, and same result as u...ill just wait and see what will happen...maybe afterwards another 20gigs patch :)

Its probly starting to download the new expansion for Legacy of Romulus (LOR)
    this new expansion has lots of features and I remember when it downloaded it for tribble (test server) it was way over 50gb, so if you disable the patching now, when it get released you will be hit with a 50gb++ patch you need to patch and dont forget you wont be the only one downloading so expect it to fail a couple of times or even the patch server going down because of all the people trying to patch

*snipped this from one of the tribble test updates 4-29-13*

General:
    Updated every texture in the game, everywhere.
    ogew7.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amahood wrote: »
    ok.

I was away from the computer for a bit, and when I got back not too long ago, I found that the launcher window was closed, so I assumed that it was done patching.

I re-logged into the launcher, it patched something small like 1000 kb , then i logged into the game, and logged out , to see if indeed I got the entire patch done (since I don't know how else to check), and it started to patch 5000 mb again...?!?!?

so is that an automatic thing? or does that mean that it didn't patch hundred percent?

this has confused me indeed.

-Aaron

like everyone else its a false download at this time. cryptic should disable it and leave it disabled. everyone has to download a huge amount of gb data at launch anyway, so it really wouldn't matter one way or the other.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013
    Great work, now it already fails when the Launcher tries to Update itself! Still two days until the Launch of LoR, and already now you kicked people out of the game due to technical issues! :mad:
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pre-patching isnt working. i have no idea if the patch is ok, because i cant download it. i tried 6x and it crashed always around 50% (more or less). and it starts again from 0.

=> just make the patch available from torrent. would solve all the complaints.

there is a special thread, where tons of people complain about this in pc support. nobody, i mean NOBODY at cryptic took the time to write something in the thread. so: why does the forum exist?

if the patch doesnt work, at least write: it wont work. patch at 21th. would be more than we got till now from cryptic ppl... sorry but thats just sad.
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • Options
    ewtasticewtastic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well now at least Cryptic sorted their hosting issues out so one gets good international speeds. Everytime i quit it patches 9883 MB of data, but it doesnt seem to actually save anything it downloads, the pre-patch folder contains the initial 5.8GB of stuffs.

So what is this 9883 MB of pre-patch phantom data it downloads everytime one quits STO?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asches1 wrote: »
    there is a special thread, where tons of people complain about this in pc support. nobody, i mean NOBODY at cryptic took the time to write something in the thread. so: why does the forum exist?

they are not that daft to ignore feedback when it is in-front of them. if they act on it is another matter entirely.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just failed my 6th attempt too,50% thought hey this might work,the horror when it crashed again,just dont get it,i wouldnt mind if cryptic posted something but not one reply:mad:
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am curious as well seeing as my pre-patch folder is 7.36 Gig in size. How big is the LOR pre-patch supposed to be?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have been trying since they released the pre patch im now trying again but its taking me like 1 hour to patch 489 mb and i have 9833 mb to patch this sucks
  • Options
    tyrion10tyrion10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thing is i had this going on several times including the freezing, and then yesterday it patched again and suddenly it crashed. And now everytime it tries to patch again after i played the game after a short while it just dissapears. I really wonder what's going on.
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013
    It's the prepatch for LOR. However it just doesn't work cause it keeps freezing.
This discussion has been closed.