Install Arc
Options

Tal-Shiar?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Don't know what you people are talking about i still can put IRW on T5 Romulan ships like the D'Deridex and Mogai retrofits

Shuttles you can't but why would you want anything other than None on a shuttle.

Edit: in fact you use to not be able to put it on the Ha'feh, and now you can so I'm assuming if you're missing it it's a bug and you should report it, instead of crying about it.

I'm assuming it's a RRK bug.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my Ha'feh can still have and does have IRW
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't get it why people have such a hard time playing as a Republican Romulan. The Republic consists of both the Romulan Military and many civilians. Devs could have easily gone with the name Star Empire but they wanted something new. That's fine by me. It's like the Roman Empire has gone back to its Republican roots. However this doesn't necessarily mean that it's now a peaceful society. The Roman Republic wasn't exactly peaceful either. It was a very imperialistic and belligerent society. The only real difference to the Roman Empire was that the Republic was a tad more democratic in its organisation and had two consuls in power instead of a dictator (generally called 'emperor').

My only real gripe is D'Tan and his idea of Reunification. I think it was a bad idea from Cryptic to put him in charge as it might get players the idea that every Romulan now follows his views. IMO it would have been better to make him a senator in the Republic instead. Also they should have at least put one Romulan (Temer?) into the storyline to explain that people are generally flocking around the Republic for safety from the Tal Shiar, not because they embraced D'Tan's views. This subject should be handled MUCH more controversial in the storyline, with people openly showing their hostility towards it and making it clear that they fight for the Republic to get rid of the Tal Shiar and not to create a Federation light. As I said the Republic can obviously call upon the Romulan Military and everyone who watched the shows should know how much they hated the Tal Shiar, but this doesn't necessarily make them Reunificationists.

Lastly, starting as a 'civilian' on a Romulan planet doesn't necessarily mean that our characters lived there their whole life. They could have been part of the Romulan Military but resigned when Sela made herself empress. That would at least explain why everyone has basic military education and can pilot a starship.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing related to Tal-Shiar that needs fixing is when you join the KDF and have the KDF Dark Color pallate for the Tal Shiar uniform. Ew, Give me bright colors please for joining KDF and wearing a Romulan TalShiar uniform?

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I Don't know what you people are talking about i still can put IRW on T5 Romulan ships like the D'Deridex and Mogai retrofits

Shuttles you can't but why would you want anything other than None on a shuttle.

Edit: in fact you use to not be able to put it on the Ha'feh, and now you can so I'm assuming if you're missing it it's a bug and you should report it, instead of crying about it.

I'm assuming it's a RRK bug.

Nah, it's just a rumour that the Tal-Shiar-brainwashed haters are spreading, just like the one that you couldn't train Tovan Khev new skills or remove him from his ship station.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nah, it's just a rumour that the Tal-Shiar-brainwashed haters are spreading, just like the one that you couldn't train Tovan Khev new skills or remove him from his ship station.

What you're saying is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKcJF4fOPs
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

I can here this perticular arguement now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhTwqKoiMpk
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eisenw0lf wrote: »

My only real gripe is D'Tan and his idea of Reunification. I think it was a bad idea from Cryptic to put him in charge as it might get players the idea that every Romulan now follows this idea. IMO it would have been better to make him a senator in the Republic instead. Also they should have at least put one Romulan (Temer?) into the storyline to explain that people are generally flocking around the Republic for safety from the Tal Shiar, not because they embraced D'Tan's views. This subject should be handled MUCH more controversial in the storyline, with people openly showing their hostility towards it and making it clear that they fight for the Republic to get rid of the Tal Shiar and not to create a Federation light. As I said the Republic can obviously call upon the Romulan Military and everyone who watched the shows should know how much both hated the Tal Shiar, but this doesn't necessarily make them Reunificationists.

D'Tan is a fringe wacko few Romulans would follow let alone take seriously. An equivilant would be if suddenly we in the US put Michelle Bachman in charge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

maybe because those were things that were FIXED because people brought it to someones attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Registry issue has been fixed it seems with the last patch.

I do inded now how the choice for a REAL Romulan registry on my Ha'feh.

But you did not earlier in the week.

So thats been fixed.

I guess if we didnt "spread these rumors" then nothing would have been done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D'Tan is a fringe wacko few Romulans would follow let alone take seriously..
    You are talking about a 10yo kid in the underground. What Sela was doing at 10yo ? A scared little girl that was screaming because her mother was trying to escape her father. Would you follow a scared little girl ?
    They've grown up. Not once D'Tan try to make peace with Vulcan, or teach the Surak ways to Romulan in STO. Not once. However, he is rebuilding Romulus. He is still a reunificationist, but never act for himself, only acting for the benefit of all Romulan, no matter if they beleive or not in reunification. He never impose his own ideas to his people, instead following what THEY want. He even work with the Reman and Obisek, who couldn't care less about reunification. He is a true Romulan, and a great leader.

If the Romulan Republic were called Romulan Star Empire, and it wasn't D'Tan the leader, but anyone else, but still doing the exact same things, you would be happy.
    I was against D'Tan as a leader at first. I didn't want a Reunificationist, and Vulcan lover Romulan. But then, I saw he was keeping his idea of reunification for himself, and doing the best he could for the Romulan.

Also, the reunificationist movement on Romulus was more than a bunch of wackos. They used to grow so fast it scared the Tal Shiar, and they labeled them as "terrorist" and hunted them.

So yeah, I can't think of a better leader than D'Tan for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    You are talking about a 10yo kid in the underground. What Sela was doing at 10yo ? A scared little girl that was screaming because her mother was trying to escape her father. Would you follow a scared little girl ?
    They've grown up. Not once D'Tan try to make peace with Vulcan, or teach the Surak ways to Romulan in STO. Not once. However, he is rebuilding Romulus. He is still a reunificationist, but never act for himself, only acting for the benefit of all Romulan, no matter if they beleive or not in reunification. He never impose his own ideas to his people, instead following what THEY want. He even work with the Reman and Obisek, who couldn't care less about reunification. He is a true Romulan, and a great leader.

If the Romulan Republic were called Romulan Star Empire, and it wasn't D'Tan the leader, but anyone else, but still doing the exact same things, you would be happy.
    I was against D'Tan as a leader at first. I didn't want a Reunificationist, and Vulcan lover Romulan. But then, I saw he was keeping his idea of reunification for himself, and doing the best he could for the Romulan.

Also, the reunificationist movement on Romulus was more than a bunch of wackos. They used to grow so fast it scared the Tal Shiar, and they labeled them as "terrorist" and hunted them.

So yeah, I can't think of a better leader than D'Tan for now.

It doesnt matter who the leader actually is... the entire "New Romulas" thing is complete BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It doesnt matter who the leader actually is... the entire "New Romulas" thing is complete BS.
    Why ? They try to rebuild a homeworld, as you probably know Romulus was destroyed. I don't see anything wrong in that.
    They made allies, so what ? Nothing new, Donatra allied herself with Picard, and built bridges for a fed/romulan peace. Before Khitomer, Romulan and Klingons were allied. Romulan are xenophobic, doesn't mean they can't understand the value of an alliance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why ? They try to rebuild a homeworld, as you probably know Romulus was destroyed. I don't see anything wrong in that.
    They made allies, so what ? Nothing new, Donatra allied herself with Picard, and built bridges for a fed/romulan peace. Before Khitomer, Romulan and Klingons were allied. Romulan are xenophobic, doesn't mean they can't understand the value of an alliance.

We HAVE a new homeword - Rator III and many other already established planets and colonies. and all that happened 20 years ago so most any "refugees" would already have settled somewhere. Most likely a city and not some trailer park in Klingon territory

There is no point to finding or bothering with New Romulas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you don't like it then don't play problem solved
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We HAVE a new homeword - Rator III and many other already established planets and colonies. and all that happened 20 years ago so most any "refugees" would already have settled somewhere. Most likely a city and not some trailer park in Klingon territory

Rator III belong to Sela, it's the seat of her Empire. A lot of established colonies are also part of Sela's Empire. She is the one who decided it would be the new Homeworld.
    New Romulus used to be the Romulan Homeworld for some time when they left Vulcan. It have a lot more legitimacy than any others colony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rator III belong to Sela, it's the seat of her Empire. A lot of established colonies are also part of Sela's Empire. She is the one who decided it would be the new Homeworld.
    New Romulus used to be the Romulan Homeworld for some time when they left Vulcan. It have a lot more legitimacy than any others colony.

Im sorry no. None of what you said is the least bit correct. Aside from it being the seat of the Romulan Star Empire which it is. We are the Romulan Star Empire so ergo its the homeworld.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried searching in the sub-forum for my question, but I think I screwed something up and didn't get any hits.

Is there currently a way to join with the Tal-Shiar and not the Republic? I vaguely recall a devblog mentioning that at some point we will get to choose who to side with, but I don't know if that's been scrapped or not.

At one point in the tutorial you have some dialogue with Hakeev, I was a bit antagonistic, but if I had been submissive would anything have changed?

Thanks!
    -Quiiliitiila

yes there is a point you get to choose who to side with but its not romulan faction related its the alliegence mission turning point at the end you go to flortilla and choose KDF or FED however I am a double agent both republic and Tal Shiar
  • Options
    emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No Rator III is not the new homeworld New Romulus is the new homeworld the Dewa III planet.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Rator III is not the new homeworld New Romulus is the new homeworld the Dewa III planet.

they are talking about before the hole NR story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sorry no. None of what you said is the least bit correct. Aside from it being the seat of the Romulan Star Empire which it is. We are the Romulan Star Empire so ergo its the homeworld.

I say we rename it Romulus 3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic clearly aren't going to move away from the Romulans Republic, having put so much effort into it. What I think would be a nice idea though, would be to put a Romulans only social hub on Rator III, with all the facilities of New Romulus Command, except the story mission contacts. That way, players who want to represent the Empire have a home base for themselves, without having to deal with D'tan outside the story missions. Heck, copy/paste New Romulus Command to Rator and I'd be happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    diotw wrote: »
    Cryptic clearly aren't going to move away from the Romulans Republic, having put so much effort into it. What I think would be a nice idea though, would be to put a Romulans only social hub on Rator III, with all the facilities of New Romulus Command, except the story mission contacts. That way, players who want to represent the Empire have a home base for themselves, without having to deal with D'tan outside the story missions. Heck, copy/paste New Romulus Command to Rator and I'd be happy.

ive wanted to suggest something similar...

but they would have to get rid of the scarf wearers and replace them with actual Romulans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormwraith01stormwraith01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    more grey than the Romulan Republic, at any rate. These fellows are nicer than either the Klingons or the Federation, wheras on the shows they were usually much worse. It's liek bizarro land here on STO, with the Romulans being some of the nicest people around.

Heck, I'm not. I'm letting my inner Mal Reynolds shine. Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons, the wrong thing for the right reasons, and generally being way too hard on myself. If only I could kick someone into my singularity core just to make a point.

I see the Republic as having the right idea, but they've made some shady alliances to do get what they want.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the player gets to more-or-less act as an assassin in a few stories. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warzeriorwarzerior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    you don't like it then don't play problem solved

That's the point that I got to with them...
  • Options
    jamestkirk7jamestkirk7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the horde!

yes that may be the case that they want to make the tal shiar like the bad guy but when you play as a fed they make the kdf look bad but you can still join the kdf
  • Options
    ulicceldromaulicceldroma Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So new poster. I just checked out the Legacy of Romulus expansion and hate it more then ive hated a video game in a long long time. I DID NOT create a romulan character so I could shoot romulans. I created a Romulan character so I could shoot star fleet. The entire concept of the Romulan Republic is ridiculous and goes against everything in established star trek canon that tells us what Romulans act like. I DO NOT want to fight the tal shiar. I want to JOIN them. Thats what I thought I was getting with the expansion. Instead I get a federation human character iwth pointy ears trying to re-found the federation with romulans. Boring boring boring boring. This expansion is such a terrible waste of a good concept.