What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 29, 2013

Comments

• Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the Fleet T'Varo Refit with a Enhanced Battle Cloak, 33k hull, 4 fore/3 aft weapons slot, 5 Tac consoles, 3 Tac boff stations (1 Com/1 Lt./1 Ensign) would be overpowered in pvp especially when used as a Torpedo/Mine ship... i think u guys need to take out the extra tac console and put it to either the Eng or Sci section or just remove 1 Tac boff station so ppl would not stack mutiple rommie boff with a Superior Operative trait so ppl can't increase their crit & crit sev bonus and reduce their cloaking time especially when the Rommie players themselfs could use a Operative trait as well.

The only reason i suggested this is because i have alot of experience PvPing in my B'rel Refit torpedo boat killing alot of Feds in pvp using transphasic torpedoes, breen clusters and mines to do alot of damage while under cloak, even though the B'rel Refit have 3 Tac consoles, in many pvp matches i did more damage than most players using Jem'Hadar Attack Ships, Fleet Defiants and Kumari Escourts which have 5 tac consoles.

General Yanin Vismitananda - I.K.S. Shenyang
  • Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the ships look waay better now. love the touches to the warp nacelle grills and deflector dishes.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    Still patching here, sounds like some awesome changes. Can we progress any further in the Romulan story arc? Or still limited to the end of Temporal Ambassador?

Seems we are still locked after Temporal Ambassador.

Overall, I was quite afraid for the D'Deridex, but even with two mark IV RCS consoles, it turns quite well.

Well enough to use its battlecruiser Dual heavy cannons for PVE. Thank you Cryptic for letting Romulan cruisers use dual cannons.

The overall RCS console mechanic seems to work better for cruisers now, a nice addition.

So far the graphics look nice, and is it just me or the Romulan ships have more "Window type" options ?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,846 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the Fleet T'Varo Refit with a Enhanced Battle Cloak, 33k hull, 4 fore/3 aft weapons slot, 5 Tac consoles, 3 Tac boff stations (1 Com/1 Lt./1 Ensign) would be overpowered in pvp especially when used as a Torpedo/Mine ship... i think u guys need to take out the extra tac console and put it to either the Eng or Sci section or just remove 1 Tac boff station so ppl would not stack mutiple rommie boff with a Superior Operative trait so ppl can't increase their crit & crit sev bonus and reduce their cloaking time especially when the Rommie players themselfs could use a Operative trait as well.

The only reason i suggested this is because i have alot of experience PvPing in my B'rel Refit torpedo boat killing alot of Feds in pvp using transphasic torpedoes, breen clusters and mines to do alot of damage while under cloak, even though the B'rel Refit have 3 Tac consoles, in many pvp matches i did more damage than most players using Jem'Hadar Attack Ships, Fleet Defiants and Kumari Escourts which have 5 tac consoles.

I agree, as much as I would love the power I think should get rid of at least one of the tac consoles. Advanced Battle Cloak and 5 tac consoles can make the ship really OP, for balance I would rather have it be 3 or 4 tac than losing boff slots.
  • Options
    kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dkfleet5 wrote: »
    I'm finally getting fully patched thanks to the suggestions in this thread. BTW, anyone know how to get that patch transfer window that I've seen in a few screenshots people have posted (like the one below)? I've gone through the launcher options and don't see an option for it. Is it enabled through an "Advanced command line" or is there a different method to get this. Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking it's a command-line option. I'd like to know this myself...
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Huh, little speech bubbles.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013

So the romulans can not have a fleet defiant analogue.

No, keep it as it is for the PVE players who want a good ship. Again, PVP happens to be the bane of PVE. :confused:

The expansion is not even out yet, and the "nerf this, nerf that" effect is already starting.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »

No, keep it as it is for the PVE players who want a good ship. Again, PVP happens to be the bane of PVE. :confused:

The expansion is not even out yet, and the "nerf this, nerf that" effect is already starting.

Of course this is an issue for PvP only since there is no need for such a powerful ship in PvE. Elite STFs can be done in any Tier 5 ship, hell some people even managed to complete them in Tier 1 ships.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Have u ever seen a Defiant firing weapons while still cloaked??? if they keep these stats as it is, and u somehow decide u join PvP (which i doubt u will, with u being a PvE player) being attack by those ships while they firing Transphasic Torpedoes taking about half or all ur Hull points from a High Yield III in a single alpha strike or getting killed by a single Breen Cluster Torpedo attack, all of that with the T'varo attack which u can see the ship for less than 1 sec then it goes back into cloak... you will be crying ''Nerf''

and like i said b4... i done this a thousand times with a B'rel Refit with only 3 tactical consoles, so if these stats is kept as it by the time of the expansion release, alot of ppl including me will abuse the T'Varo Warbird and it will make the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship for what it look like... A Bug!
  • Options
    edited April 2013

You mean the pve'ers who want a OP ship or the pvp'ers? Must be a fed...

When will the KDF ever get a 5 tac console ship? Feds have three and RR may or may not have one but yet the most militaristic of the three factions doesn't? Seems a little odd if you ask me.

One thing I would like to ask of the devs while they are here making many changes to the game.

Would it be possible to see Sci abilities returned to exotic damage? Others and I don't like the idea of them doing kinetic damage. Considering how weak they are at most of their debuffs it would be nice to get a little damage out of them.

Even if it means having their damage reduced to compensate.
  • Options
    scorpion11207scorpion11207 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    do any one have a problem to get the launcher update. i cant get it to work. every time i hit the launcher i get a ERROR that the cryptic game laucher wont work. do any one now how to get it fix.

thanks an sorry for the bad eng.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Will it be possible in the Foundry to have non-scaling space NPC groups, therefore allowing to have custom combinations of enemies, such as a single Dreadnought or two Battleships and three Frigates etc. (same with allies of course)?
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    zaniidorzaniidor Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    the "everything looks better" attitude sums it up pretty much. Everything looks more real, ship hulls, walls, lighting in some cases, ESD looks much more alive(from the outside and inside), earth looks like earth etc etc...
    I've yet to check all my characters, different stations and so on to see the full picture?
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some minor issues I found in the new Status Window changes:

"(...) When you dodge an attack, it does stuff."

When I crouch, sprint or roll, dodge rates don't change.

Kinetic still says "Resist" while the rest says "Resistance Rating."

Suggestions

- Add shield resistance to stats?
    - Add back the resistance value in percentage somewhere, keeping the rating as well. It's hard to tell how much you're gonna resist from an attack when it says you have 70.7 rating, as opposed to a percentage like 40%.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    You mean the pve'ers who want a OP ship or the pvp'ers? Must be a fed...

When will the KDF ever get a 5 tac console ship? Feds have three and RR may or may not have one but yet the most militaristic of the three factions doesn't? Seems a little odd if you ask me.

One thing I would like to ask of the devs while they are here making many changes to the game.

Would it be possible to see Sci abilities returned to exotic damage? Others and I don't like the idea of them doing kinetic damage. Considering how weak they are at most of their debuffs it would be nice to get a little damage out of them.

Even if it means having their damage reduced to compensate.

It's a fair point he makes. And for the record the T'varo fleet has 5 tactical consoles.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Romulans will now get voiced congratulations when attaining a new rank.
    Nope, can't hear anything on my KDF-Rom.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Everything is like an Android's bottom
    Data walks up, looks over the Earth from spacedock, looks around, ponders.....shakes his head and walks off with a half grin.
    Hm.

Looking at this, aside from noted window/lighting changes, I'd venture that we have shinier and more granulated alpha channels for all textures.

It looks mostly GREAT.

Two problem areas though:

LCARS look slightly weaker to my eye here. Everything else looks sharper with the alpha channel microtextures (looks like several varieties including a porous one for skin). (Not the Temporal Bridge TCARS but old LCARS). If you're doing this, it may be time to bite the bullet and update LCARS. And I'd suggest getting Thomas to reinsert some of the color schemes into LCARS beyond blue. The glistening of the high def alpha channel makes things more detailed looking (along with smaller windows/light sources that glow brighter) but this makes the LCARS look worse by comparison.

Certain large objects like ships. Looking at the Romulan fighter on New Romulus. It was always a bit low rez but now the alpha channel map looks too low rez, causing pixelated glistening effect that intensifies the low def feeling.
    I'm not that well versed in graphics technology and lingo....but the bolded is something I can agree with.

And leave the Fleet T'Varo alone. It's not a Defiant analogue, more of a Kumari analogue. And this brings up something. It's got five tactical consoles. Well it's a fleet ship, Ten Consoles. Can't take that away. An enhanced battle cloak? Scimitar technology, the Romulans and Remans perfected it. And be happy it doesn't have five forward weapon slots. Romulan ships already take a hit to their base power level, and the singularity charge now makes their ships more easily detectable, so it's not like there's no balance. Let there be some on field play testing before we start nerfing things.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • Increased the turn rate bonus on the Tachyokinetic Converter in the same way that RCS Consoles were recently updated.
      • This will benefit slower ships with the console more than faster ships.
      • The tooltip is unchanged.
        • The behind-the-scenes math has been altered to make the effect closer to the tooltip that is displayed.
    • Increased the Turn Rate bonus given by the Starship Impulse Thrusters skill.
      • This will benefit all ships with this skill, but slower ships will see a larger bonus compared to what they were previously seeing from the skill.
      • This is similar to the recent change to RCS consoles.

This is excellent news for cruisers, specifically the Engi heavy ones and the Dreadnought.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't nerf the fleet T'Varo because of whiny pvpers please :(
  • Options
    dieutoutpuissantdieutoutpuissant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know what happened to textures, but now, everything, especially consoles and panels on walls look horribly pixelized, even with the best video settings. Qonos' atmosphere is pixelized. So is the sun of Qonos, walls of the first city, floors, flames....

This is imo a huge step backward. Anti aliasing is completely useless now.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Data walks up, looks over the Earth from spacedock, looks around, ponders.....shakes his head and walks off with a half grin.

I'm not that well versed in graphics technology and lingo....but the bolded is something I can agree with.

And leave the Fleet T'Varo alone. It's not a Defiant analogue, more of a Kumari analogue. And this brings up something. It's got five tactical consoles. Well it's a fleet ship, Ten Consoles. Can't take that away. An enhanced battle cloak? Scimitar technology, the Romulans and Remans perfected it. And be happy it doesn't have five forward weapon slots. Romulan ships already take a hit to their base power level, and the singularity charge now makes their ships more easily detectable, so it's not like there's no balance. Let there be some on field play testing before we start nerfing things.

Enhanced Battle Cloak? Klingons used it first (ST VI: Undiscovered Country) and been in the game for since the B'rel Refit came out... so it's nothing new. even though the Fleet T'Varo may not have 5 foward weapons slots, if it's spec into torpedo boat using torpedo and mines abilities with 5 tac consoles for them while fighting cloaked it will be overkill. as for their base power to stealth? ppl can over come that with their rommie char and boff with subterfuge trait, universal consoles, doff with 25 aux+ while cloak, armor sets, and increase power to aux to increase stealth, so it will not hurt them as u think. i hope they do some how allow field testing to show u how powerful that ship really could be, in some ways i'm already proving that everyday in PvP with my KDF char by killing u Feds with my B'rel refit with far inferior offensive stats than the fleet T'Varo except in turn rate, like that would matter if the ppl ur attacking can't see u.

• Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know what happened to textures, but now, everything, especially consoles and panels on walls look horribly pixelized, even with the best video settings. Qonos' atmosphere is pixelized. So is the sun of Qonos, walls of the first city, floors, flames....

This is imo a huge step backward. Anti aliasing is completely useless now.

This is a long shot, but I often had troubles with terrible textures whenever I changed a setting or it was changed for me. This was fixed by changing the assigned VRAM; typing /videomemorymax in chat, looking at what number is displayed, and say, doubling it, by typing the command again followed by that number.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Check the half resolution setting, too. It seems to switch on randomly on Tribble for me, no matter how many times I turn it off. Always done that, even though live never has.
  • Options
    obsidianballsobsidianballs Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://i.imgur.com/tihYF86.jpg

Even with the "new" textures, the Venture skin on the Galaxy-x still has the missing windows - for a c-store skin on a c-store ship I expect this to be near on perfect.

Other gripes on this supposed war ship is the phaser lance being off centre as well as other minor symmetry issues with the model and the boff seating. A warship with just 3 tac skills, 2 ensign, 1 lt is a joke.
  • Options
    kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So we still have two engineers on the ceiling above the ground equipment vendor on the flotilla, hope they finish repairing what ever is broke up there soon...
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Enhanced Battle Cloak? Klingons used it first (ST VI: Undiscovered Country) and been in the game for since the B'rel Refit came out... so it's nothing new. even though the Fleet T'Varo may not have 5 foward weapons slots, if it's spec into torpedo boat using torpedo and mines abilities with 5 tac consoles for them while fighting cloaked it will be overkill. as for their base power to stealth? ppl can over come that with their rommie char and boff with subterfuge trait, universal consoles, doff with 25 aux+ while cloak, armor sets, and increase power to aux to increase stealth, so it will not hurt them as u think. i hope they do some how allow field testing to show u how powerful that ship really could be, in some ways i'm already proving that everyday in PvP with my KDF char by killing u Feds with my B'rel refit with far inferior offensive stats than the fleet T'Varo except in turn rate, like that would matter if the ppl ur attacking can't see u.

Exactly...you can throw 5 torp consoles in there and the Ferengi console, the thing just has way to many tac consoles...there is no reason that anyone needs this in pve other than to stroke their ego with bigger numbers.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, bit I just got on Tribble and noticed a couple of things at Character select:

• Noticed that the BOffs that are supposed to be w/my Characters are not coming up right away. They start to appear when I choose a different character. Re-selecting the previously chosen Character doesn't bring them up. For the Record, I like that we see the 'Away Team' BOffs with the selected Character. I just hate seeing them in 'Action Poses'. It just looks wrong to me.
    • After going to the Create Character screen and then going back to Character Select, I get a Black Screen that I can not interact with. When I either change it to windowed mode or change it back to full window mode, I see a flicker of selection screen, then back to Black Screen.

I'll have to get back on later to check out the other stuff.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hm.

...And I'd suggest getting Thomas to reinsert some of the color schemes into LCARS beyond blue. ...

Second that! Although Nemesis used the blue-based LCARS color scheme, a little more variation in the LCARS textures would be awesome!
  • Options
    dieutoutpuissantdieutoutpuissant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Check the half resolution setting, too. It seems to switch on randomly on Tribble for me, no matter how many times I turn it off. Always done that, even though live never has.

It's disabled. It's just that the texture quality is too low. Some stuff definitely looks better until you get far away or closer, and then it's just dreadful and fugly.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013

So are we taking away the five tac consoles for the Tactical Bortas'qu, the Fleet Tac Escort retrofit, and the fleet Advanced Escort Retrofit too?

Overkill is not anything new either. I saw the other day a Prometheus with Tricobalt mines and a dispersal pattern that one shotted the cubes in Cure Found Elite without destroying the nanite probes first.

The Romulans are supposed to have an edge in stealth. Overcoming that is the challenge. If you're that concerned about their stealth abilities, then the Fleet T'Varo likely isn't your only worry. Do you have concerns with the other Fleet Romulan ships? Is the T'Varo the only one with E Battle Cloak?

And a last question...what would you remove?

The traits are already the advertised advantage that Romulan characters are supposed to have, as you said E Battle Cloak is nothing new or unusual and even though the Klingons came up with it first it was a ship on the Romulan side that did it best, A Fleet ship is supposed to have ten consoles and the T'Varo being the tactical oriented ship should have 5 tactical consoles. If you decrease the stack damage for mines and torpedo consoles you're reducing the effectiveness of other people's builds that don't have this cloak. By your descriptions this seems like the perfect storm of normal ship development.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"