test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 29, 2013

Comments

• astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    looking outside D'Tan's window in the Flotilla...

i see the EDGES of Spaaaace...

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/nh5eskr3/GameClient2013043019223219.jpg
    http://i.imagebanana.com/img/jyxjjdmf/GameClient2013043019223219_r.jpg

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/9um1pilk/GameClient2013043019224021.jpg
    http://i.imagebanana.com/img/9j6lcfwr/GameClient2013043019224021_r.jpg

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/3s6ic6h7/GameClient2013043019225173.jpg
    http://i.imagebanana.com/img/48rfkegt/GameClient2013043019225173_r.jpg

PS: i'd recommend to place a few Ships out there... maybe add something that looks like hull of the own Ship / Station that we are supposed to be inside of...

-> then walked to the tailor... looked around tailor options (still no Romulan Head Tattoo in there -.- )... cancelled... 2 steps around and client crashed... hmmm yah...

reloading now to look around for new textures

I always thought space was square :P
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Loving the new textures. Makes the game look much better, especially at full detail.
    I agree on one thing though. For all the great new textures, why do consoles still look so low res and pixelated?

I have a feeling something isn't working right. When I went to ESD, at first, consoles looked great and LCARS/Displays were much sharper, then all of a sudden they reverted to a low resolution state.

So, most likely just a bug at this point. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    astro2244 wrote: »
    Romulan race are supposed to have certain gimmicks to draw people in to play just like Kdf has certain gimmicks, If you want Kdf perks roll a Klingon, if you want rommie perks roll a rommie. Whether it will be op isn't known for sure just speculation. so wait till it comes out before passing judgement. If it is everyone knows the nerf bat is always swung at the end of the day anyway, so theres not really anything to worry about with this ship.

Doesn't exactly take a genius to see this will be abused, even if it had 4 tac consoles...it blows the B'rel out of the water in every way and feds will love it, wouldn't surprise me if they take the ship out in groups.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    Zero, the patcher is broken. It is still stuck with the Plasma Dual Cannon Files and now, even freezes the whole launcher.

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130430/tgxba7qt.jpg

how did you get that window/tracking option
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Doesn't exactly take a genius to see this will be abused, even if it had 4 tac consoles...it blows the B'rel out of the water in every way and feds will love it, wouldn't surprise me if they take the ship out in groups.

I could see your point if only the feds were allowed access (eg kumari) but since both factions can use it I don't really see any one faction abusing it more then another if it happens at all. Since both Kdf and fed's will have access also.
    And on the point of abusing something, it also doesn't take a genius to understand that someone will always find a exploit to use in game eg the kerret faction switch bug, disruptor proc bug, foundry exploit bug, and the many other exploits waiting to be discovered and abused and the list goes on. put simply anything can be abused or exploited if given enough time.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • logicoslogicos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »

I love how all the examples of why the T'Varo is going to be OP have been that the B'rel easily kills people without getting killed itself etc. Yet its only the T'Varo that should be nerfed? Tbh it sounds more like enhanced battle cloak should be reworked in general because you could apparently nerf the T'Varo down to 3 tac consoles and it would kill just as easy as the B'rel, right?
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    with a mk 4 RCS rare console i get a 9.4 deg/sec turn rate in system space before cloaking

after cloaking i jump to 23.8

this is on the balanced setting @58 eng power

This was at NRC

PS. @Tacofangs... :P I took the name lol

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4371/scrnshotl.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Either everyone is downloading the new bits right now, or PWE has a serious issue with their network right now. I've been downloading for hours now and still under 37% done.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here 10char
    What ? Calaway.
  • mmonut61mmonut61 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    decided to get the new patch just now, tried downloading and it is EXTREMELY SLOW, it seems to be patching files normally but the download it self is slow
  • milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In the test vendor under Ground Sets, you have misplaced Ground Shield with Space Engine.
    Also the space engine shows visuals for borg engine.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The mission flow to the lvl 10 / allegiance is improved, it is much faster to do now, much less slow flying about sector-space.

I have encountered several times the story popups with bridge office would show the wrong character.

Tovan Khev replaced by a Reman, then by an Andorian was very akward.
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how did you get that window/tracking option

CTRL+X

10char
    What ? Calaway.
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes. There is indeed higher resolution textures, but with that comes very pronounced edges. On Everything.

I like the higher detail, but the edges on everything crawl and stand out when in motion or moving the camera. It is very distracting and a very big detractor. Yes, 8xAA and all.

Normal 8xAA doesnt Anti-alias textures, just sides of vectors/objects, so that explains the issues you are seeing.

You need to either force Supersampling or Full Screen Sparse Grid Super Sampling (SGSSAA) to achieve antialiasing on everything including textures.

Best way to get normal ordinary super sampling in game is to use the /RenderSize setting and double or tripple or quadruple the amount of your nominal resolution.

/RenderSize 3840 2160

(from 1920x1080)

Depending on what you like anyway, also you could try changing the LOD Setting in your driver options maybe, at least its possible with Nvidia cards per application. (Allow instead of clamp)
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well... the download stopped at about 40% (took about 4 hours) and restarted.... I think I'll just have to go to Holodeck and then start the Tribble bits download to come in overnight.....
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good to know that Neutral No More is fixed, and I'm excited to try it out so I can progress with my Romulan who sided with the Klingon Empire.

Its the only real option. Aligning with FED makes the content even less Romulan than it is now. might as well have rolled a Tellarite if you pick Fed because its anethma to any thing Romulan.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Well... the download stopped at about 40% (took about 4 hours) and restarted.... I think I'll just have to go to Holodeck and then start the Tribble bits download to come in overnight.....

Ditto that - I have been trying to get this thing to run the patch/update since 10:00 a.m. my time (it's now nearly 3:00 p.m.), and I am sitting at a whopping 5%...

Would LOVE to do some testing and actually see the improvements, but I might be 90 before that happens at this rate (and my comp is FAST...), so...;)
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Take into account that today is Neverwinter's launch day. Patching servers are probably being hammered real hard, so things are bound to be unclunky until they adjust for the demand.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    astro2244 wrote: »
    I could see your point if only the feds were allowed access (eg kumari) but since both factions can use it I don't really see any one faction abusing it more then another if it happens at all. Since both Kdf and fed's will have access also.
    And on the point of abusing something, it also doesn't take a genius to understand that someone will always find a exploit to use in game eg the kerret faction switch bug, disruptor proc bug, foundry exploit bug, and the many other exploits waiting to be discovered and abused and the list goes on. put simply anything can be abused or exploited if given enough time.

KDF has had access to the B'rel forever and I haven't heard of many if any cases where a group of B'rels torp ganking anyone.

But considering all of the whining about wanting cloak I'm sure there are a fair bit of feds who will use this.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    Take into account that today is Neverwinter's launch day. Patching servers are probably being hammered real hard, so things are bound to be unclunky until they adjust for the demand.

I've heard the same and I'm certain that's the issue, I'm just "itchin'" to get back to testing, ye know, ha! Just have never seen things move soooo slooooowly. :P
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    started downloading new patch super super slow it may take days at this rate....i want to officially change the name for the patcher to crawler
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Patched and in tribble. Patching took about 20 mins (50/mbs). Devs: Please turn off ugly Klingon face for my kdf Romulan. Its uncalled for. Also, lets get these boffs into a proper uniform. I still can't modify them in the tailor. Scarves aren't allowed on my ship. Thanks!:D
  • stmsmokey1stmsmokey1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    started downloading new patch super super slow it may take days at this rate....i want to officially change the name for the patcher to crawler

Mines been going for probly 3 hours now and just barely downloading anything too!!!! Im sitting at 3.4 percent wtf lol. This has got to be fixed Im starting to get impatient lol
  • raklau1971raklau1971 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having issues with patching as well, yesterday I was all patched up and played for some time, today I log in to my fed main and I started to have crashing issues.

Now I'm back to patching again, this has been going on since 1pm, it's now 4pm my time and I'm still patching, I did enable patch via proxy and wile it's moving a little faster then it was with out, it's still moving at a snail's pace.

I haven't noticed any new patch notes thus far so I was wondering if Cryptic really released a new patch for 4/30/2013 or is my client now busted because of the 3 earlier crashes?
    edited May 2013
    raklau1971 wrote: »
    I'm having issues with patching as well, yesterday I was all patched up and played for some time, today I log in to my fed main and I started to have crashing issues.

Now I'm back to patching again, this has been going on since 1pm, it's now 4pm my time and I'm still patching, I did enable patch via proxy and wile it's moving a little faster then it was with out, it's still moving at a snail's pace.

I haven't noticed any new patch notes thus far so I was wondering if Cryptic really released a new patch for 4/30/2013 or is my client now busted because of the 3 earlier crashes?

Nope I think the problem is due to their servers being overloaded from the neverwinter game going open beta. Mines at a measly 8 percent patched. I played last night and had no issues. Im gonna try the proxy setting that you mentioned though and will update on how that works out.
    edited May 2013
    Changed it to proxy and its weird the game tried to launch then locked up and now the launcher relaunched and is patching all over from the beginning again. Back to 0.3 percent lol. Sad but true, something has got to be done about this
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2013
    slllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • supertone4761supertone4761 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried every last suggestion, and I can't get the launcher to update faster than a snail with a cold. Is there any cure at all for this or will the launcher remain this slow?
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 hours of patching and am at 10%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]