Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 29, 2013

Comments

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Somethings different on the outside of ESD
    You mean like there's more detail on the Earth globe? I noticed that too.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cehus wrote: »
    "All textures everywhere" seems pretty comprehensive and yet somewhat vague. ;)
    Could you elaborate on what was done?

Agreed. More help, please! :p

I did notice my Tier II Warbird (not good with names) looked like it had more lines running around it in sector space. Can't elaborate on what those are or what they mean, but I know I didn't notice them there before.

Are you trying some kind of "high-definition" set of textures?
  • Options
    kalder77kalder77 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Are you trying some kind of "high-definition" set of textures?

I think it is, not a real hd...but close :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Badaboom
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kalder77 wrote: »
    I think it is, not a real hd...but close :)

Definitely not a true HD, I'll agree. :) But I'm figuring the textures were updated to have more of an HD-like appearance.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've began patching roughly a half hour ago. It seems stuck at 61.5%. I'm going to cancel and restart my download - via proxy as was previously suggested - and see what happens.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You mean like there's more detail on the Earth globe? I noticed that too.

You know I've always thought it would be a cool feature if Earth had a real time rotation.

Whatever the way the light fell on the globe would match up with today. Nice thing is that time zones are irrelevant since the time of day on whatever the globe is already accurate no matter the local time. I know it's madness and would probably take a metric ****ton of programming. Still an idea I've always hoped would be in the game some day. Just a slow turning of the Earth in the Sol System instance.

On another note is there any way to get the sun to shine like New Romulus' star.

The Sun looks like a star on an astrometric map, not the shining sun we know and love. Maybe something in the patch? (fingers crossed)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ya know, gotta say it I love the it's a fake emote.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With all the talk of retexturing everything, I again plea for an art team dev to please take some time to texture a few flat blocks for foundry authors.

We need carpets and ceilings. Work you taco magic here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Making earth rotate wouldn't be too hard. But ESD is supposed to be in geosynchronous orbit, so in reality, the earth wouldn't appear to spin, but the sun would appear to rotate around Earth AND ESD.

However, we'd need some programmer to help unlock something that imo was hastily locked out since the launch of the game.

Updating the star is not a ton of work, and is part of what I did for my Sol planet system maps, but those seem doomed to the warehouse with the ark in it. If I can ever get the go ahead to update Earth Space, I would do it in a heartbeat, in the middle of the night, on a weekend, on Christmas.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    dsrulesalldsrulesall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    If I can ever get the go ahead to update Earth Space, I would do it in a heartbeat, in the middle of the night, on a weekend, on Christmas.

The next time Christmas occurs on a weekend is 2016. Should we check back then?
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If I can ever get the go ahead to update Earth Space, I would do it in a heartbeat, in the middle of the night, on a weekend, on Christmas.
    Right after you redo the DS9 interior, complete with the infirmary and security office? :P

Just kidding (kinda)...I think everybody around here appreciates your passion, Tumerboy.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm definitely noticing some improved hair textures. There's a drastic difference between the character select screen and in-game.
  • Options
    durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Making earth rotate wouldn't be too hard. But ESD is supposed to be in geosynchronous orbit, so in reality, the earth wouldn't appear to spin, but the sun would appear to rotate around Earth AND ESD.

However, we'd need some programmer to help unlock something that imo was hastily locked out since the launch of the game.

Updating the star is not a ton of work, and is part of what I did for my Sol planet system maps, but those seem doomed to the warehouse with the ark in it. If I can ever get the go ahead to update Earth Space, I would do it in a heartbeat, in the middle of the night, on a weekend, on Christmas.

Don't forget the difficulty in getting the moon to move as well. Also the traffic issues with ESD and the moon so close together, wouldn't there be gravitational problems?
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Right after you redo the DS9 interior, complete with the infirmary and security office? :P

Just kidding (kinda)...I think everybody around here appreciates your passion, Tumerboy.

I have no particular issue with DS9.

The FED fleet starbase looks pretty junky compared to the KDF fleet starbase on my PC, though. Then again an optionaled-up KDF starbase is one of the cooler locales in the game.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2013
    Ok noob question ,

is there any way to earn dilithium on tribble so you can buy consoles from the dilithium store for your rom test toon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do the Dailys.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Ok noob question ,

is there any way to earn dilithium on tribble so you can buy consoles from the dilithium store for your rom test toon?

Do explore strange new worlds and doff missions I don't expect too many people to be doing stf's on tribble or i'd recommend them.
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm definitely noticing an improvement in planets when you get closer. At a distance, say, in the K7 system, its kind of funny. You see the area where texture is super improved quite quickly (just based on texture distance, I imagine).
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wouldn't YOU like to know. . . :D

But seriously, I do want to tell you, but I actually really want to see if/what you guys notice. So I'm not going to say anything right now. There's nothing huge here, so you should just play like normal and see if anything sticks out.

I noticed Earth has lost its atmosphere, is that it?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you can begin to test Romulan missions further, how can you obtain them?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Warbirds can now equip all marks of Piercing Tetryon Dual Cannons.
    What in the heck are Piercing Tetryon Dual Cannons? Internal name for Refracting Tetryon Dual Cannons perhaps? Phased Tetryon weapons?
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I noticed Earth has lost its atmosphere, is that it?

Ooooooo. . . that shouldn't be. I'll take a look tomorrow.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ooooooo. . . that shouldn't be. I'll take a look tomorrow.

No rush, everyone down there is already dead. :P

EDIT: One thing I did find, there's a noticeable jerkiness when moving the camera about quickly, or while running and turning with the camera, on the ground. Not sure if that's anything to do with the new texture stuff or not.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I admire your vision. Not to mention your speed of response.

Locked out? If it's not too technical you've peaked my curiosity on that one.

Is that Warehouse 13 or 14? I mean say the word, we should be able to organize a raid.

But you're right, Spacedock's location wouldn't change relatively speaking. (Always thought that it should be over San Francisco or Paris instead of Washington DC, how the heck did the Breen get past that fortress anyway? :confused:, Easy avoid the heck out of it...then again for all the TRIBBLE those Breen in Orellious talk, they didn't get any of that fleet back).

In all seriousness though, I was more concerned just with the way the light falls on Earth consistently moving rather than Spacedock moving.

But I hadn't even thought about the moon. But the moon moving would be an incredible organic addition. I can see the accolade for flying through an eclipse now. "Ring of Fire in the sky" or something like that.

Well, at least there's a nice list of utter coolness for when they do give you the go ahead to update the Sol System. I can only imagine all of the stuff you want to do when it comes to the rest of the planets (Pluto we love you, you still count in my book!!!) Jupiter Station, Titan's Turn. To be perfectly honest I think Earth is too small. It should look size wise more like Quadra Sigma in Khitomer Accord with the moon further away. Alright, shutting up now.

But you wouldn't happen to have screen shots laying around for Sol system maps would you?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2013
    thanks for the help i forgot about the dailies hopefully I can get on tribble in next couple of hours patcher at 41% :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    thanks for the help i forgot about the dailies hopefully I can get on tribble in next couple of hours patcher at 41% :D

You can take it off proxy patch the normal way is working now
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I noticed that my Chimera-class starship now has shiny warp nacelle grilles, deflector array, and bussard collectors. The problem is, they all now appear less glowy than before. The deflector array in particular seems most effected.
  • Options
    hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is anyone else having issues patching Tribble? I am currently.

EDIT: I had to enable patch via proxy. The patch would get to a certain point then stall out completely.
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2013
    Wouldn't YOU like to know. . . :D

But seriously, I do want to tell you, but I actually really want to see if/what you guys notice. So I'm not going to say anything right now. There's nothing huge here, so you should just play like normal and see if anything sticks out.

Something very similar to what was done for textures will have to be done to ship models to fix those black triangle errors. But that is not this.

I noticed that the textures in general seem a little sharper.
    The 7of9 top has now matching neck/torso seems, before one was off on the neck.
    And i also noticed that skins seems to flicker A LOT, as does the 7of9 top, like no texture, texture, no texture, texture, several times per second.
  • Options
    dkfleet5dkfleet5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm finally getting fully patched thanks to the suggestions in this thread. BTW, anyone know how to get that patch transfer window that I've seen in a few screenshots people have posted (like the one below)? I've gone through the launcher options and don't see an option for it. Is it enabled through an "Advanced command line" or is there a different method to get this. Thanks in advance!

aegon1ice wrote: »