test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfleet Special Operations Fleet: Role Play, Social and Leveling

Comments

• stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has hit the nail, lets see if it drives it it now!

Love the new look, the feel, just wish wasn't having so many log in problems
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
    edited May 2013
    Got in the game but AGAIN failed to login to account for unknown reasons, guess my night of flying under the raptors wings is cut short. :(
  • vx989vx989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK hands up if you saw problems coming with this launch. *raises hand* Ah good old Cryptic, never fails to disappoint.

It's just wouldn't be a STO launch if everything just worked perfectly. No sarcasm here, genuinely I'd worry if everything worked perfectly, after two plus years and countless seasons/expansions/updates, all of which broke something with the game on release I've actually gotten used to it.

Got the same error as you Loki, can't login for "unknown" reasons. Ah well not long until the Rangers game so it's all good. Back to SWTOR until then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nimshaenimshae Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah comrades it seems there has been some problems over night with this, however fingers crossed they will be sorted with this new patch..

as ever hope springs eternal!!!

Sarah
    SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
    edited May 2013
    Of course there were problems, every update since Season 3 something either hasn't worked the way it was supposed to, or broke the game in one way or another when it goes to Holodeck.

Although even I have to admit with two emergency downtime's and patches Cryptic have really outdone themselves this time. I really hope their QA testers don't get paid much because they seem to really suck at their job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Well I knew it would have some problems, but I never imagined they would break the thing completely for a few hours lol.

For those that missed it there was a thread that in about an hour and a half generated over 1500 posts cause no one could login. I was lucky enough to get in twice, once after the trouble started and again about four hours ago.

Looks all good though before the last patch hit, we will see what happens over the next few hours hopefully this is all sorted now and they have a handle on it all.
  • zeropiumzeropium Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is Captain Shepard (formerly Commander Shepard of Mass Effect fame).:D
    It's been almost a full 24 hours here, waiting for everything to smooth out. The only issue I'm having now is when I select my character to play, the game loads to about 94% then the server stops responding.
    All that aside, I'd like to say hello to you all, as this is my very first post in the forums.
    Now down to business. I must say, you've made a very good selling point for fleet recruitment, and I'm very interested in joining.
    I've been with a few fleets during my play time, but none panned out well for me. They were either relying too heavily on ranking through PvP systems, or fleet members would simply not talk to anyone. That sort of thing is not really for me.
    Furthermore, I'd like to mention that I enjoy the fact that you placed the emphasis on being open for casual gamers. Myself, I guess you could consider me a casual player. I don't partake in PvP that much. In fact, aside from the solo missions, my favorite thing to do is fly around doing system patrols.
    Now I'm assuming you're still actively recruiting potential fleet members, so I just wanted to throw my name in the hat for a possible future date (when the server issues have been all sorted out and fixed).
    I'm very much open to doing things as a team, or just flying around, hanging out in social hubs and chatting, etc. I also enjoy rp elements. While I don't really consider myself to be a "trekkie" (as I cannot speak Klingon, or have intense conversations about full starship specs using all the correct terminology) I do enjoy role-playing with anyone like so many of you all.
    Hopefully in the very near future, I can search for you in-game and we can get down to just having fun like the rest of us fans love doing so much.

I wish you all the best, and I look forward to the possibility of joining you in the fun.
    edited May 2013
    Hey Shep.

By all means come by, grab some ale and some tribble, and check us out at www.ssofleet.com

Cheers man,

Loki
    edited May 2013
    A little Star Trek Trivia for you guys: Endgame, the final ever episode of Voyager first aired 12 years ago today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the reply Loki.
    I haven't logged into the game yet, . It's day three, and following the additional patches from yesterday, I still haven't been able to successfully log into the game.
    Yesterday, there were too many people logged in, so I was constantly stuck in queued limbo. Today it looks like I've reverted back to the loading screen that freezes at 94% when the server stops responding.
    I'm all for being patient, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
    Nevertheless, as soon as I'm able to log in (who the hell knows when that will be) I'll be sure to look you guys up and give you a shout.
    -Cheers.
    edited May 2013
    What are YOU looking for in a fleet, thats the major question isn't it?

Here at SSO we don't shove democracy down your throat, we don't have a giant list of ranks you have to hastily crawl through to actually be somebody, your you, and thats what WE are looking for. We don't want some wanna be admiral, we don't expect you to act a certain way, besides not being a D bag, we want you, the player, in this fleet.

I have seen a lot of recruitment threads in my years in this community, I've seen a lot of fleets say we welcome all, only for that player to spend a few days mucking about and still feeling left out of it all, not here.

We value every member as a member, not some rank we tack on, not same nameless face in a group of 300, but a valued member of this community.

So it all comes down to this, just what are YOU, the player looking for? If your looking for fun, if your looking for a great community that see's you as a human being, a player to be welcomed, then come check us out at www.ssofleet.com.

We don't just want your toon in our fleet, we want you in SSO.

See you out there.

Loki
    edited May 2013
    What am I looking for in a fleet? I do believe everything I've been looking for has been explained in fine detail in this thread.
    What I can offer you all is camaraderie, companionship, and someone who enjoys giving and listening to feedback and opinions. I enjoy feeling like part of a community. Being brothers and sisters in arms is a great feeling and I look forward to experiencing more of that in the near future.
    I like being able to connect and talk with fellow fleet members, in instances where we can all get together and just have a good time enjoying each others company.
    I'll help people out with assignments, tasks, events, of simply just fly around with them while exploring the galaxy.
    Need more resources for the fleet bank? I'll patrol and explore anywhere I can to find supplies for the crew.
    Need someone to RP with because you have a craving for it? I'll be there.
    Overall, I'll be one of you who enjoys his place and time within the group.
    When you can get together with friends and have a good time together, that's when games like these become the best.
    So all server maintenance problems aside, (because yet again, who the hell knows when these problems will ever be fixed) I look forward to seeing you all out there.
    edited May 2013
    I think Zero's got it!

You ever need anything Zero, even if you join some other fleet, hit me up at @stone_loki

See ya out there

Loki
    edited May 2013
    Right well it's 5am here in jolly old England, guess I should get some sleep (despite the fact the sun is coming up :P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    stoneloki wrote: »
    I think Zero's got it!

You ever need anything Zero, even if you join some other fleet, hit me up at @stone_loki

See ya out there

Loki

Day five, attempting server connection. Please standby...

Error: Server loading halted at 94.3%

Dammit, still no luck!!
    Guess we'll have to wait longer to let the good times roll.
    Anyone else still having an issue with this?
    edited May 2013
    zeropium wrote: »
    Day five, attempting server connection. Please standby...

Error: Server loading halted at 94.3%

Dammit, still no luck!!
    Guess we'll have to wait longer to let the good times roll.
    Anyone else still having an issue with this?

I would get with customer suppoprt, I've been logging in fine except after the first udate and last but I am on right now so not sure what trouble your having man.

If you need any help we have a mumble server and I could talk you through what you would need to tell customer support.

Just register with our website at www.ssofleet.com and PM me at loki, I'll get your perms sorted and walk you through getting on mumble.

Loki
  • karitas01karitas01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can heartily recommend this bunch, having recently joined, all their claims are true!

I play mostly in UK time and its a jolly helpful community, I'm a grown up with a job and everything and this was just what i was looking for being an MMO vet - right mix of casual attitude and "hardcore" level of knowledge and abilities.

just awesome.
  • whonchickenwhonchicken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How exactly does the fleet thing work? Similar to guilds in other MMOs? I decided to give this game a try and was looking around for a laid back group to hook up with. Do y'all take brand new peeps and if so what kinda details would i need to know for interfacing with y'all?
    edited May 2013
    How exactly does the fleet thing work? Similar to guilds in other MMOs? I decided to give this game a try and was looking around for a laid back group to hook up with. Do y'all take brand new peeps and if so what kinda details would i need to know for interfacing with y'all?

Hey Chicken, first off we do take new players, player level does not matter as we are not looking for a certain level from the character you have, just from you.

We have a fleet website at www.ssofleet.com you could throw a welcome message in our recruit section, however if joining sites is not your thing you could whisper me @stone_loki or send me a in game mail.

The fleet system is just like the guild system in other games, I can invite you from in game, we have a voice chat system on mumble and in game fleet chat channel for cross faction talk.

Pretty much we are what we say, a laid back community looking for fellow players that think along the same lines.

Hope to see you in game soon,

Loki
    edited May 2013

I'm pretty sure this group would gladly walk you through and answer any questions you may have.
    I haven't been able to connect to the game until now, so I've been unable to join this fleet for the time being.
    However, I've heard nothing but good things about this fleet. If and when I finally join, I'm sure I won't regret it.
    edited May 2013
    Captain's personal log

Greetings fellow captains. Thought I'd provide you all with a status report.
    My latest attempt at a server connection was finally a success. I'm very pleased that this ordeal has finally been put to rest.
    I only logged on briefly today just to make sure everything is in order.
    Also an FYI for Loki: I sent you a friend request, hopefully you'll receive it sometime soon. I'll put off joining the fleet for the time being because I won't have sufficient time today. I'll have a better opportunity tomorrow when I have the entire day to myself.
    Following all the new patches and updates, I'll be wanting to take some time to examine the new UI more closely. In addition to that, there are several customization updates I would like to do with my character and bridge officers. Once all these details have been sorted out, I will finally be able to put the focus back on the gameplay and most importantly, the joining in the fleet.
    Also Loki, if you happen to see me online tomorrow at any time, feel free to pm me, and we'll talk.
    I look forward to seeing you all out there, and I hope all your missions are a success.
    -Shepard out.
    edited May 2013
    So how far have people gotten in LoR?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I personally can't help you there, as I have not purchased the expansion yet. Sorry.
    edited May 2013
    Hello again to all members and potential recruits of SSO.
    Right now, I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you who invited me on board and took the time to speak with me today. The patching and server problems are finally over, and now we can get back to having a good time out in space.
    On a personal note for Loki, I look forward to taking part in your event next week. Sorry I missed the current one, as the timing was just off today. Also, in the near future when the red shirt period is at an end, and if everyone gives me the go-ahead to become a full member of SSO, I will gladly take the time to register to the official SSO forums.
    Thanks again to everyone, and I'll see you out there in the galaxy.
    edited May 2013
    Zero the actual Legacy of Romulus expansion is free, it would have downloaded in the last patch, it's just the extra content stuff that you'd have to buy if you want it but LoR itself you should have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    vx989 wrote: »
    Zero the actual Legacy of Romulus expansion is free, it would have downloaded in the last patch, it's just the extra content stuff that you'd have to buy if you want it but LoR itself you should have.
    Well damn...that explains the sudden appearance of a Romulan character creation option in the menu.
    I must have got it mixed up with all the people talking about paid lifetime subscriptions, sales, users complaining about not being able to play all week, etc.
    That, and I never really looked at any of the LoR info to begin with. I just stuck with playing my Fed character.
    Nevertheless, thanks for the info...even if I now feel like a complete idiot.
    edited May 2013
    What are you looking for in a fleet?

Lots of drama? Fleet leaders at each others throats? Fleet politics that bring the fun of the game down ten levels?............well than SSO isn't for you lol.

SSO started out as an idea, a hope that we could build a place free of drama and leader mongering with one goal in mind, to make sure the game and fleet is fun for YOU, the member.

Why should you have to serve under some wanna be admiral? Why should you have to have some guy who logs in twice a month to keep his activity checked make choices that effect YOUR fleet? You shouldn't, and you won't have to deal with any of that at SSO.

No Segregated Division nonsense, no leaders mongering above you for who will decide what, and absolutely NO secret police force waiting in the shadows with a threat of expulsion while they play their own superiority game like some mad ugenics war.

Its simple here, fun, its what all guilds should be about, fun.

www.ssofleet.com

At SSO we make it so.

Don't believe me? Can't see that it is possible?

Talk to our members, check out our site, look at our member drop rate which just happens to be a big fat ZERO cause we don't ever treat you like a number.

See you out there!

Loki
    edited May 2013
    What is SSO all about you ask?

How bout what we are not about?

We don't count you as a number, we don't make you jump through hoops to keep our fleet message on the top of the forums (like making you confirm your forum handle when you've already spent an hour filling out a fleet app) we don't make you fill out a two page fleet app that tells us nothing about who you are as a gamer^

What SSO cares about is the gamer behind the screen, not a list of TRIBBLE that tells us nothing about who YOU are, or what YOU are looking for in a fleet.

What it always comes down to is two things, the player, and fun, isn't that what it is supposed to be about?

If its about using you to keep our place here why even sign up? See we don't care about any snobbish policy or aspect that doesn't have anything to do with being a part of a truely awesome fleet. We don't make anyone do anything, we are here to serve one purpose, make sure YOU, the player, has a fun time in game, thats what fleets are SUPPOSE to do, isn't it?

If I am wrong by all means ignore us and move on, but if your looking for a group that cares about fun, and our members having it, then check us out at www.ssofleet.com

See you out there!

Loki
    edited May 2013
    Have you ever went to join a fleet and recieved this?

"Please fill out forms A through Z, you must copy and paist the 9 page form and provide us with all information cause we must have everything filled out because we are so large and so stuck up our own backside that in reality we trust absolutely no one even though our fleet banks are locked and you will never be able to remove anything we still don't really trust anyone joining us unless they achieve a certain rank in a division and give themselves over to our rule completely and become a lap dog of one of our admirals so they can do all the work and our admirals can log in twice a month and seem active while you do all the work and they get all the credit cause in reality you are just a number in our eyes untill you have been here over a year and then it really matters what division you are in and who you know cause if your casual you will never get anywhere here cause we want all our numbers to do nothing but live on our forums even if we tell you we are a relaxed fleet we want your confirmation that you are who you really say you are cause we are so stuck up and so tight butted that we want you to do all our work for us cause really we can''t be bothered and blah blah blah blah blah...."

Yeah, we have seen that, and thats why we threw that book out before we ever got together here to make a community FOR the gamer, not to use the gamer.

You'll never be just another number here, you'll never get snubbed or put down at the bottom cause once your here your here, there is no ladder climbing or elite few, we are all those merry few looking for a good time in game, and thats what you get at SSO.

Don't believe me? Say it can't be true? Check us out at www.ssofleet.com

See you out there

Loki
    edited May 2013
    Damn Loki, my brain almost got lost reading that one!!