test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Special Operations Fleet: Role Play, Social and Leveling

nimshaenimshae Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Earth Spacedock
The Orion slave girls jump around excitedly, they tug around their bikini's and flip their hair around with wild abandon. This plan has been in motion for several months. Leather clad Gorn's and Klingon's have overseen and whipped our cadre of little red shirted ensigns while they worked their very fingers to the bone knitting our recruitment nets, when someone dropped of exhaustion they were quickly dragged to an airlock and deposited without mercy into the cold depths of space....

No, no I can?t keep it up, I am grinning too much. Hey there, welcome to Starfleet Special Operations Fleet recruitment thread, yeah we have dancing girls, free beer, pizza?s and laughs but luckily none of the cold blooded stuff....that is unless, you want it!. Sarah gives a saucy bawdy wink!

So we are looking for bold adventures to join us in our quest to boldly go, and play Star Trek Online, chat, banter, RP, while eating copious amounts of pizza and drinking any alcohol we can get our hands, talons, paws or whatever is your chosen appendage on.

Let me tell you a little about our fleet, we are very new, if you are looking for huge progressions, sadly we are not the fleet for you. If you are wanting to join a community that's just starting to emerge then we are just where you may want to be.

Our prime directives are Community, Friendship, Casual Play and Camaraderie, the very tenants that made Star Trek what it is today, we want to distil into our fleet. Also we would classify ourselves as heavy RP with a rider clause. Our RP is done via in game events, forum role plays and creative writing of various degree's. However is NOT compulsory. We want you to join for the community and spend your time in game doing what YOU like.

What we can offer you as a fleet....

1. A very casual and laid back community experience, where your game time is yours to do what you would like with. Want to RP with us, we would be happy to have you. Make groups and play, likewise. Just play solo and chat, also excellent. We will not limit your playtime at all, AT ALL. That means no enforced activity checks, no fleet exclusivity rule. We are not that insecure that we are worried that you have to be made loyal to us through such measures. Want to hang out on mumble, the forums or whatever with us. That's great, your choice. It means more to us that you choose to play with us than we force it.

2. No Military or Corporate Organisation what so ever. We have a council, a cadre of officers basically smucks who do all the work!, Members and Recruits. Recruit's become Members after a month and we all have the same voice and rights. No JAG or complex rules. All we ask is that you don't act like a douche and are over 16 to cope with the slightly fruity language. If you become disruptive and upset lots of members we will just remove you without prejudice.

3. Some of the very best organised RP events on Star Trek Online. Our Bridge RP the U.S.S. Valkyrie has been running for 3 years, over nine seasons. We have some of the best players, artists and writers but what's more we have no elitist attitude or rules. We WANT new people to come and join for the sheer fun and joy of it. We WILL help, we WILL encourage. However we will never EVER Critique!. We are just starting a new Role Play based on a Star Base as we found after so many years the constrictions of a ship hampered creativity, so if you like to Role Play, watch this space.

For us we want the same experience from our Role Play that you felt as a child, where sticks, buckets, and leaves were props. Where the only real tool you needed was your imagination. The sheer breathless wonder, joy and amazement you got playing during summer holidays. When even for a brief period you could shrug into the life of another. We believe we have achieved this.

4. Great people, from all over the globe. Chatty, funny, irreverent, we are here not to rule, not to enforce, but to extend the hand of friendship, to make a band of brothers and sisters with who to enjoy our free time and leisure. This should never be made complicated.

5. A professional website, forums and mumble communication server, as well as the use of exclusive graphics and the chance to work with some very talented writers and artists who while have both formal and non qualifications, and are passionate and committed to this fleet.

6. An established level 14 fleet, with a tier 4 Starbase, a tier 3 Dillithium Mine, a tier 2 Spire and Embassy and we have done all this with less than 20 active members at any one time. Proof positive that small fleets are just as mighty a sprawling ones, and we are still growing.

Our Web Site
Our Forums

What can you offer us...

1. You, that's all we want. Do you search the stars, the empty nights and galaxies looking for friends on YOUR terms. Who won't penalise you or make you feel second rate because you don't have as much time to play. Did you join an MMO with a set ideal of meeting like minds for discussions, laughs and fun and found that your dreams were lacking. Then maybe we are for you...

We want to make friends, we want to meet you, we extend our hand in friendship....will you perhaps take it.
SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
Post edited by nimshae on

Comments

• Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bridge of the USS Valkyrie.....

Sorrin called for a report as smoke rolled across the bridge, the attack had come out of nowhere, no warning, no transmission, it had all went to hell in seconds.

"Sir we have nothing on the scanners, nothing on long range or short, no idea where the weapons fire is coming from!"

Sorrin grabbed the arm or his chair as the Valkyrie shook again.

"Evasive action, full power to shields and engines, if we can't find them we can at least make it hard for them to hit us."

The Valkyrie rolled in space as it shifted its profile and accelerated away, a pulse of purple light appeared behind them seeming to chase them through space.

"Captain that energy wave will be on us in ten seconds, source is still unkown."

Sorrin contemplated their postion for just a moment.

"Helm take us to warp, get us out of here."

The Valkyrie went to warp, star lines surrounded the ship.

Sorrin began to look at the damage report when his Ops officer brgan to speak.

"Captain! Its back!"

The round crackling pulse appeared behind them, Captain Sorrin looked at the screen, determined to uncover what was doing this.........

What is happening in the Hades Sector of space, what adventures await the crew of the Valkyrie?

Join us for the seventh season of one of the longest running RP's in STO history, meet the crew amd the players behind them, and ofcourse, boldly go where no RP crew has gone before!
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I can definitely recommend our RP events for both experienced and toe tippers alike, some of the best times I have had in this game bar none have been on the bridge of the good old Valkyrie....

All I can say Loki is if thats what we are facing for the new season, TRIBBLE bells man, you'll have me on beta blockers....
    SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
  • Options
    angelgigaangelgiga Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well we have our first active forum role play just launched!

Outpost Ragnarok. A Federation space station on the fringes of known space.

What will we discover? Is it safe out there in the great black beyond?

Who knows?

Join us and find out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    looking for tier 5 shipyards, a 500 man guild, and a dozen ranks with no way to ever get to the top?

Well you won't find that here. SSO is a new fleet that is about community first. We are fresh out of space dock and climbing the ladder of victory, but not the victory most people are.

Our victory is in our community, our friendships, our legacy.

This is not a community of elitists, we are not perfect, and would never expect our members to be.

We don't have a giant list of rules, we don't have a secret police force in the shadows watching our members, cause at the end of the day what can they really do to make things fun in a fleet?

What we do have is fun, fun members, a fun community, a fun time.

Whether its pizza and ale STO night, or just hanging out on mumble taking out klinks, we have fun, and thats the point in a fleet isn't it, fun.

Come check us out, we got a cool website designed by a artist that loves all things trek, and if thats as far as you get sign up anyway, cause we welcome any and all to our forums even if your not a member in game.

Cheers!

Loki
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What great day for doffing.....anyone else addicted as much to these little delicious bites as I am....

They are so adorable, couldn't you just put em in your pocket or something.

"An artist who loves everything Star Trek!", I don't know about that! I like it bunches, but I don't you know love it, and I do take direction well!

I am thinking our LCARS Gateway needs some work though....somethings don't feel right...
  • Options
    vx989vx989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well speaking as someone who has know Loki for a while I can say he's one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet...well despite the occasional Romulan Ale theft that is, he knows what I'm talking about :)

And Nimshae...saying she's awesome is an understatement of epic proportions, they're both great and fair people and excellent RP's so anybody who goes there I can honestly say you guys will have fun with them if you join.

Guys I wish you all the best with the new fleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What is SSO about?

Well its different for everyone, for me its about Community, others its about a drama free fleet, for others its the fact its casual.

Point is we don't tell you what we think you should get from it, you tell us, :D

Loki
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You guys were near the bottom so back up you go with this here bump from me :D

Oh and thanks for the Ale mate, 2215...great year!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Why it's Mr Awesome, how the heck are you doing!. Would you believe it's because of your fine fleet that I am thinking of redoing our artwork graphics.

UFP have done LCARS so well that I am thinking we need something very different. Mind you I do like to see the UFP site all the flashy lights are so cool....

Thank you for you fantastic comments and compliments, to be honest you are a great guy yourself and UFP is lucky to have you. Mr Awesome himself.

So far we are doing really well, as every anyone is welcome to join, and at the moment we are slowly but surely working towards our starbase and embassy...

As well as May the 12th which is the kick off of Valkyrie Reloaded RP event. I am working on Logo and Patch graphics as well as the concept art for the new gateway graphics.

However really all we do is Banter, drink alcohol, hang out and play....just waht you want from aband of friends and a great MMO.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm doing good thanks! And you? It's been ages since we last spoke, hope all is well. Your site is awesome too, I recognised your handiwork the second I saw it, as brilliant as always.

Glad to hear things are going well for you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm Good Vox, thanks for the compliments on the artwork, I have been working my backside off to get things up and ready as quick as we can.

Busy with Jack at present as a lot of things are coming in to play now as the goverment finally takes note that he needs help.

Now just going to spend lots of money on Zen points, I have many doffs to buy!!!
  • Options
    captainwestbrookcaptainwestbrook Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All the best with this Sarah and crew :)
    Join www.UFPlanets.com
    5 FED Fleets | 3 KDF Fleets - T5 Colony on both factions
    Mack.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    vx989 wrote: »
    You guys were near the bottom so back up you go with this here bump from me :D

Oh and thanks for the Ale mate, 2215...great year!

Any time man!

Hope things are going well for you at UFP and thanks for the support you have shown. Always helps when your getting your feet wet to have a friend stop by and help.

Cheers mate!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Always happy to help mate, let me know if there's anything else I can do for you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you CaptainWestbrook thats very nice of you, I will try and refrain from rugby tackle hugging you to the ground as I might do serious damge. I am not a light weight :)

Vox you can always do things for me....you can bring me cookies, I am always happy when handosme men bring me stores of cookies....

Makes me a happy girl!!

Sarah
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So you want me to bring you cookies and yet your not concerned about doing serious damage to me with your rugby tackle hugs? That's nice, where's the love Sarah, where's the love? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The love is in SSO Vox lol.

and to anyone out there looking for a solid fleet here it is. We have our own site that we give a lot of love to, a mumble server we kinda love, and a starbase we would love to get bigger!

SSO loves the fact it doesn't have ranks, or a giant list of rules to follow. We love keeping it simple, because we hate drama and anything over complicated making it harder to do what we love, and thats have fun lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh well in that case and considering I'm unfortunately not in SSO then my cookies are also staying out here with me too :P

Until I eat them that is, gobble gobble *burp*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Vox you know where the love is....

*it's cough* in my private dungeon with the studded walls and the leather clad romulans, with the whips and lashes.

You can always, always bring me cookies in there....

As for not worrying about crushing you, you are a ruddy great hokey player, I douby my 5ft 2 inch frame is gonna make much of a dent in you!! :P

As for SSO Fleet, yes we aren't what you are looking for if you want huge progression straight off the bat, a fleet thats run very rigidly or with tons of admin, red tape and rules.

We are old school, bringing sexy back to fleets....

Members and a GM, one rule based on your commonsense, and no mandatory rules and regulations. your playtime YOUR choice.

We are here for what fleets and guilds were always supposed to be, a place to make new friends, and hang with others while you play...

do we sound like your bag....then give us a try, heck even chat to any of us in game, we are really freindly!

Sarah
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh I have no problem bringing you cookies in there, it's the getting out that concerns me because we both know you wouldn't let me go once I was there ;)

After all I did have to escape the last time, I'm not quite sure if you've forgiven me for that yet :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    o7 to SSOF!

May you have clear horisons, Valkyrie.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    o7 to SSOF!

May you have clear horisons, Valkyrie.

To you and Medical as well *nods*
  • Options
    angelgigaangelgiga Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The U.S.S. Valkyrie has been spotted on maneuvers out in the Hades sector.

What could it possibly be doing out there?

Why not join us to find out and get involved in one of the longest in game roleplays in Star Trek Online. 18 months and going strong!

But we don't just roleplay, oh no!

As we progress up the ladder we will be running more and more events, some maybe even with prizes! :eek:

Want in?

Visit us at our website at www.ssofleet.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A great group of people here who know how to RP well and some of the greatest people I've had the privilege to call true friends in the 20+ years I've been gaming. If your new to RPing these guys would be the perfect group to show you the ropes and bring you in and if your an avid RPer you'll have one hell of a good time with some great stories with even greater people.

I believe this so much so that I'm selling them to you guys more than I do my current guild which should tell you something :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hades Sector, Stardate 90331.412

Captain Sorrin walked into his ready room and stood looking out the transparent titanium watching the stars streak by.

"Captain, we have the report from Special Operations, would you like me to display them?"

Sorrin looked up at the woman dressed in blue and black and nodded.

The display map took center stage and solar systems came to life in the middle of the room. Large Nebula scattered the area, almost 90% of the sector was covered in them. If certain members of Starfleet intelligence were correct the Romulans could hide their entire fleet twice over and no one would know till it was all over.

"As soon as we have confirmation on the Galilee's position I want to use the comm relays that she has been placing to send a full report back to command, mark it urgent and send it to the Commander involved in overseeing Intelligence in this sector."

The woman in black and blue nodded.

"Comm will be sent to Commander Lock as ordered sir, anything else?"

Sorrin just stood with his back to the woman

"As you command sir, logging out."

The woman faded away as well as the map of the sector, Sorrin stood and continued to watch the stars.......

What is in the hades sector, what has happened to the USS Galilee, who is Commander Lock and the woman in black?

Join us as we continue perhaps the longest running weekly STO RP in history, meet the crew and cast behind them, explore strange new worlds, boldly go where no RP has gone before with Startrek Valkyrie!

www.ssofleet.com
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Damn Loki whyd you have to go and post that makes me almost want to join! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And I am here browsing waiting for STO to come back online, anyone else finding themselves twiddling their thumbs, inhaling confectionary, and laughing at random people getting badly hurt on you tube!!!

Sarah
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nope I've been badly hurt playing hockey enough times to not find it funny, I am howeve mind numbingly bored though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am!!!

Need more fleet marks!!!!!

Must get more fleet marks!!!!!

Please help me I need more fleet marks!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey Loki you replace the words fleet marks with Romulan Ale and you'll sound like me whenever I run out :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]