elessym wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Least he's not using yellow anymore.
  • Options
    mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nabuboria wrote: »
    Too bad gifs are not allowed here...so many ring true to this ripoff :D

ah well, LTS was good while it lasted, at least we know the new trend.

Expansion = not free, even though we say it is but really we all know it isn't we just love to lie mwahahaha :rolleyes:

Uh huh.

Tell us how the expansion isn't free, please.
  • Options
    sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yup. Using comparative pricing to existing retrofit ships.

Remember though, some retrofits are $25, Akira, and Prometheus. All the recent Retrofits have been at the $25 price range, only the three canon ships were $20. Not saying this won't happen with the Romulan faction, but I would be more inclined to put their price at $25.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This thread has certainly delivered. Most entertaining.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sollaf wrote: »
    Remember though, some retrofits are $25, Akira, and Prometheus. All the recent Retrofits have been at the $25 price range, only the three canon ships were $20. Not saying this won't happen with the Romulan faction, but I would be more inclined to put their price at $25.

Those aren't refits. They're functionally different vessels that come with substantially different boff seating and appearances. The original refits (Galaxy, Defiant and Intrepid) didn't add new appearances.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Yeah. All the T5 retros in the C-Store are generally $20.00 - $25.00. Galaxy R, Defiant R, Intrepid R, etc.

Good lord. Well, I adjusted my little chart.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Expansion = not free, even though we say it is but really we all know it isn't we just love to lie mwahahaha :rolleyes:

It's completely free. Did you really expect that there weren't going to be c-store ships, extra species and boffs in the c-store to get people to spend money once the expansion hits?

They've been saying this will happen since LoR was launched, they are here to make money. The dil exchange has been rising because people want zen to buy all the new romulan ships which were obviously going to hit with the launch.

Paying $125 for a bundle of every Romulan c-store item at launch is insane, and something I'd never do - but I don't see a problem with them doing it. Even if they just sell a handful, that's good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @ Cryptic,

While I might not be able to purchase these packs, due to getting paid a week later, I will keep my eye out for other c-store purchases. If these retrofits are of any indication, the core ships will be just as good. Thanks for all the effort.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

Folks, please keep the forum rules in mind when posting. I would hate to see anybody lose their access because they got carried away. By all means discuss this issue, and by all means disagree with each other; but do so with respect and in accordance with the rules.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Thanks, :)

syberghost
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    banmanthran99banmanthran99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You're not required to buy any C-Store Rom ships, nor are you required to take advantage of the C-Store Rom bundle. You get free T1 through T5 ships for Roms just as you do KDF or Feds. If you want better ships you get the in the C-Store.

that's not the point!!! aestu said it like it is, the goal is to attract stipid customers willing to pay more for less, in the belief pwe will finally invest in the game!!! they wont, they're just cashing out!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Look on the bright side, if Aestu keeps posting under different handles on the forum - all easily verified by the IP address that secretly gets posted with any post someone makes - Cryptic will eventually kick him from the game and lock-out his account. Anyone remember Revlot? He lost his LTS that way. :)

my bf and i have the same ip because we share an isp/router. its illegal discrimination to discriminate based on relationships etc.
  • Options
    alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not only are we used to seeing a VAT-Inclusive price, but most companies selling a digital product like this tend to have the EU base price a bit lower, so that when its compared to the US price, it comes out around even.

Sad that PW does not do this.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL he keeps making throw away accounts just to troll. This gets better and better. Who's got the popcorn? Don't be stingy now! :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    This thread has certainly delivered. Most entertaining.

The sad things is I honestly can't tell if this is one of the most epic trollings in STO history, or whether the guy actually believes all of this.

If the former, somebody needs to be taking notes for Sollvax.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

LTS has never covered C-store ships though.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Hi,

Folks, please keep the forum rules in mind when posting. I would hate to see anybody lose their access because they got carried away. By all means discuss this issue, and by all means disagree with each other; but do so with respect and in accordance with the rules.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Thanks, :)

syberghost

Thank you.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ethan definitely does. after he got banned though he just closed ie and opened tera. though i dont like that game because i think its degrading to women =/
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Actually, under the TOS you agreed to when you joined the forum, it's not. :)

i am in law school. its illegal to enforce an illegal contract. those terms are unenforceable in court. discrimination based on family relations and marital status is illegal.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The last few pages of this thread have been immensely entertaining.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just notice the Remen ship skin option for unlocking the Remen
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    LTS has never covered C-store ships though.

It has.

We get a free Defiant, Galaxy, or Intrepid retrofit and VA, for every character. We also get a Kar'fi, or Ber'el Retrofit at VA for every Klingon character.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, but can someone clarify - when does this promotion end?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    johngazman wrote: »

No one knows - but it's been asked in the FAQ thread, so I'd assume we'll know in the near future.

A reasonable guess would be May 21, though.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The thing I find best about this is that if you pony up the $125 for these ships you get nine ships but no free ship slots. So if you want to use all nine ships you'll have to purchase more slots which will likely net even more money in Cryptic's pocket.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    I don't believe an official date has been given, but it's safe to assume the pre-order will be here until LoR goes live on the 21st. At that time all the items will go into the C-Store and be their full price.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    btw...ethan got a ba in classical studies, he specialized in classical art history...is working on his cpa/mba and yes he works as a operation manager at a business here...so yes he knows both art and accounting...but now he says he dosn't want me to post anymore which is too bad because this is really ridiculous... =/

'a fool and his money' =/
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    captsol wrote: »
    The thing I find best about this is that if you pony up the $125 for these ships you get nine ships but no free ship slots. So if you want to use all nine ships you'll have to purchase more slots which will likely net even more money in Cryptic's pocket.
    If you are Silver, then yes, you would need to purchase more slots. But you can always just dismiss the C-Store ships and recall them whenever you like.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    captsol wrote: »

Not everybody keeps all their lower-tier ships when they level up, and not everybody will use all of these ships on the same character. But still a point well taken.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Sure they say the expansion is 100% free but there're trying to make us pay for it in other ways.

That is the fiscal model that F2P games use, yes.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't believe an official date has been given, but it's safe to assume the pre-order will be here until LoR goes live on the 21st. At that time all the items will go into the C-Store and be their full price.

This is a logical answer, and sounds reasonable.

We can, in my opinion, safely assume that the discount offer will end when LoR gets released.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
This discussion has been closed.