test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Celebrate the upcoming Legacy of Romulus expansion by pre-ordering a Legacy Pack today! This pack contains valuable items to aid you in your journey of rebuilding the Romulan legacy.

Click here to learn more about the Legacy Pack.

Our Legacy Pack FAQ can be found here.

Watch the new Legacy Pack spotlight video here.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice. I hope there will be a challenge in getting these digital objects beyond the means of buying them straight off 'the shelf'?
    ...and 119€ That is mighty steep for an 'addon'/'update' A thousand danish kroner for an expansion?!?
    Expansions usually costs ->20€, no? Is there something I have missed out on?
    /Floozy
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Call me old fashioned, but I have a distinct problem with purchasing a pack where a vast majority of the items aren't actually described.

You may want to get on releasing stats pronto.
  • Options
    krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rofl ..........

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • Options
    redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How dose this work with life time subscribers in game already? what if anything from that do we get from having the LTS?
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What! Charge me money for....oooh, shiny.... :D
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL

So this is like a special C-Store bundle promotion, right? Everything here can be earned in-game or bought from the C-Store at launch?
  • Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited April 2013
    its cute the way they offered this for cash only right after doing zen discount promo.
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Except for the titles, this appears to be just a bundle with a discount. As opposed to NW's exclusive mount.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can we create female Remans, or is this a male-only species like the Nausicaans and Gorn?
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will you be able to buy this pack on the CStore?
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm willing to bet that you will be able to get these ships outside of these packs, although it will probably involve ship modules which means each ship is exclusive to the character who bought it. However it says that if you buy the packs, you get those ships for every Rom character on your account. So if you are someone who really likes making alts, it will definitely save you a ton of time and money.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'me willing to bet that most of the items will be for sale in the C-Store. The only things that says exclusive are the titles and the one Reman outfit. Plus, we already know that the Reman playable species is unlockable by reaching Tier 5 of the Romulan Reputation system on any character.
  • Options
    cwrichesonzenocwrichesonzeno Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to give you money for content. However, the very large pack isn't really targeted to me. I intend to make one Romulan character only, and I already know what ship I want to play with. The smaller pack is closer to meeting my needs. I would absolutely be willing to buy the smaller pack if there were other, additional $20 packs with slightly different ship selections and perks. Even something as simple as a pack that has the bridge officer, a D'deridex, and some master keys would be perfectly acceptable as I understand that creating more Tier 1 ships is outside of the company's ability at this stage.

If you would like to expand your offering I would be more than happy to give you my money today. However, given that there is a very limited number of items of interest to me in those packs I currently plan to wait and simply cherry pick what I really want from the C-Store.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Can we create female Remans, or is this a male-only species like the Nausicaans and Gorn?

Based on some playing I did in the Character creator, I would say Female Remans are possible. There are assets for them at any rate.

devtracker wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet that you will be able to get these ships outside of these packs, although it will probably involve ship modules which means each ship is exclusive to the character who bought it. However it says that if you buy the packs, you get those ships for every Rom character on your account. So if you are someone who really likes making alts, it will definitely save you a ton of time and money.

Fleet modules are for fleet ships only. None of these say they are fleet ships, my guess is they are all standard C-store fanfare fore the Romulan Faction, except if you pay for it ahead of time, you get it at a discount. Wait till May, and no doubt you pay full price. Titles might be the only things exclusive to the packs.

I will admit, I am tempted. The tier 5 D'deridex is just what my Romulan Captain needs when he eventually reaches max level. And I like the T'varo better then the T'Liss. But i am honestly not sure about some of the other stuff.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just hope everything in here goes on the c-store.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Just hope everything in here goes on the c-store.

I hope that as well, for example I should have unlocked playble Remans anyway, does kinda lower the "value" of that pack... ;)
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ouch! I would love to get the packs, but I am on a tight budget at the moment. Hopefully the promo will still be around next week or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    forcardassia6forcardassia6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Keeping in mind that all of the bonus stuff that I got from my lifetime subscription and initial purchase of the collector's edition of STO ended up going to the C/Zen Store, I find $120 a bit too steep for what is being offered. I don't feel as if I have enough knowledge on what Legacy of Romulus has to offer content / story / mission-wise to justify me throwing away that much money. Cryptic has burned me before on that. Never again. :(
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    CRYYYYPTIC!!!

You dirty rats, now I have to try and convince the wife that this pack is worth the price...and that never works she is like scrooge on steroids.....

Seriously though, I don't know if this pack is a good thing or not....on one hand it means I will spend less on all those things in the future, but on the other, well scroogy wife.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this Legacy Pack?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Both the packs are far to expensive and apart from the consoles on the ships and the borg/remanI don't think is worth the price. Also I don't think I'll be making a romulan toon as there part of the new romulus if they sllow a option to be tal Shiar in the future I may reconsider so this time I'm keeping my money
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My thought right now is...why create a thread when there is an official one just about the pack.... ? ;)
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You must be having a laugh.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    My thought right now is...why create a thread when there is an official one just about the pack.... ? ;)

Hmmm....well...I...oh shut up, I haven't had coffee yet :P

-throws pie at qjunior-
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Valdore Heavy Warbird has the same power as the D'Deridex from Star Trek Armada
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    michaelp1989michaelp1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will those ships and Reman species be possible to buy via C-Store?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only things that would have made this a better deal (in my opinion, not yours) is a playable liberated Reman borg and liberated Romulan Borg, a liberated Romulan Borg BOff, and a character slot or two.

Don't get me wrong, will still be supporting the cause and picked up the big bundle, but just sayin...
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    LOL

So this is like a special C-Store bundle promotion, right? Everything here can be earned in-game or bought from the C-Store at launch?

I have no inside knowledge (everybody knows by now I'm not an employee, right? I'm just a user like you, with some forum janitor powers), but I would assume that everything in there will be for sale in the store (some of it already is; the lockbox keys) except the things that say they are "exclusive" to the pack, which is only a couple of items. None of the ships say exclusive, so presumably they'll be in the store some time.

This is basically a big bundle of store items, with a discounted price and a few extra perks for paying cash instead of using your stored-up Zen. I am willing to bet 14 quatloos that you will be able to buy most of the individual pieces with Zen instead if you so choose, which effectively means they're available via in-game means too via Dilithium trading.

Like anyone, I'd of course like to get more things "free" for my LTS, but there has always been C-Store stuff we don't get for free, and most of this stuff will likely be C-Store stuff; it's just a couple of extra perks for people who pay cash. They don't even affect game play, they're just titles and stuff.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I have no inside knowledge (everybody knows by now I'm not an employee, right? I'm just a user like you, with some forum janitor powers), but I would assume that everything in there will be for sale in the store (some of it already is; the lockbox keys) except the things that say they are "exclusive" to the pack, which is only a couple of items. None of the ships say exclusive, so presumably they'll be in the store some time.

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/324877539866722304

https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes/status/324882741738999809
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will those ships and Reman species be possible to buy via C-Store?

If I am reading it all correctly. Everything but the titles and possibly the Nemesis Uniform (don't quote me on that last one). Will most likely be in the C-store. Possibly at or near launch. However, relative to what you will be paying now, it will cost more. Though those figures are based on the idea that you buy everything (including possibly the keys) in the pack.

If you only want a few things in it, It might be more prudent to wait.
This discussion has been closed.