test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »

The only suggestion I can make is if there is a way to remove those items from inventory and them give them back I take it will likely work so something like that Tholian EVA Mk XII project that takes them away and give them back would likely work , I know the Recycle tab is problematic for the reasons you stated but works in the purpose of addng them back to the player inventory that is the step to make then register.

I can confirm that this works and offer a fairly simple fix. Sorry I never got around to posting this before.

I resolved my own accolade progress issue by selling and repurchasing. I assume that when buying back, it effectively mints a new copy of the item.

The less risky fix would be to add rep projects that offer a piece of STF gear as a reward and which take that exact same piece of STF gear as the sole project input.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you wanted to do it in an especially nice way that was also thematic and a bit less clunky than exchanging an item for a copy of the same item...

Add a one time only project.

"Allow Ferengi engineers to analyze Battle-tested MACO/Omega Force Gear."

You hand in the item as a project input.

You receive a box which contains the item you handed in, 10 Lobi, and one of the random Omega rep boxes.

That kind of thing.

It rewards the item that the person just handed in but feels less clunky than simply exchanging the item for itself.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's weird about it is reclaiming the items gives the accolades
    [7:18] [System] [LegacyFloaterMsg] You have collected three pieces of Mark XII Honor Guard Ground Gear!
    [7:18] [System] [ItemReceived] You received a new title choice: Honor Guard Elite
    [7:18] [Mission] Accolade complete: Honor Guard Elite
    [7:18] [System] [LegacyFloaterMsg] You have been promoted.
    [7:18] [System] [ItemReceived] You received a new title choice: Honor Guard Elite Commander
    [7:18] [Mission] Accolade complete: Honor Guard Elite Commander

But that character already has those accolades on Holodeck

Remove the accolades from the chars and put them in the auto-add list?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the Hos and Quv already. Helmet is in the Head section as a Head type, I think. Here's what I meant by the recycle/discard/retrieve method:
    1. Unequip your KHG MkXII pieces (shield, armor, gun)
    2. Open inventory, right click on your MkXII pieces and click 'Discard' on each of them
    3. With your inventory still open, click on the 'Replicator' button on the bottom of the window
    4. Click on the 'Retrieve' tab in the new window.
    5. 'Buy' back your KHG MkXII items
    6. As your items are returned to your inventory (yes this costs a little bit of EC but you earn some when you discarded earlier), your accolades should update and you should get a message that you've been 'Promoted to Klingon Honor Guard' etc etc
    7. Go to your tailor, make sure you have the "Honor Guard" selected in your Uniform/Off-Duty drop window
    8. With 'Honor Guard' selected, you should be able to select the 'Honor Guard - Be'Ves' option from one of the top drop windows.
    9. Enjoy!

Let me know if that helps!
    Altchachan, thank you for the repro steps!

I went to copy my Orion character (Alira) that's missing the chest piece and she's not on the list of available characters to transfer. :confused:

The notes on this page say something about if the character already exists on Tribble you won't be able to transfer it. So I logged into Tribble and removed Alira (actually, I removed all my Tribble toons). She's still not on the transfer list... So I guess I'll try again, later. :confused:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Altchachan, thank you for the repro steps!

I went to copy my Orion character (Alira) that's missing the chest piece and she's not on the list of available characters to transfer. :confused:

The notes on this page say something about if the character already exists on Tribble you won't be able to transfer it. So I logged into Tribble and removed Alira (actually, I removed all my Tribble toons). She's still not on the transfer list... So I guess I'll try again, later. :confused:

If you have more than 8 toons, you'll need to use a workaround to transfer them to the test servers. They broke the page again when they moved it to Arc.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15673241&postcount=21
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you have more than 8 toons, you'll need to use a workaround to transfer them to the test servers. They broke the page again when they moved it to Arc...
    Oh, of course.

>shakes head< :rolleyes:

Thanks Khamseenair.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Oh, of course.

>shakes head< :rolleyes:

Thanks Khamseenair.

You're welcome. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's weird about it is reclaiming the items gives the accolades

But that character already has those accolades on Holodeck

Remove the accolades from the chars and put them in the auto-add list?

This method has never worked for my character on holodeck or tribble, I have tried it multiple times with no success.

However each time I purchase a new maco/omega gear piece, it will chime in just like it's the very first time gaining these, but will not unlock the accolades nor flash any type of confirmation across the screen nor in the logs.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• keihamkeiham Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Species: Klingon
    Allegiance: KDF
    Unlock: KHG Style 2, 4
    Missing Pieces: Be'ves Chest, Hos Helmet, Arm, and Leg Accessories.

Transferred character to Tribble for testing, unlocked the Honor Guard recruit accolade (Initiate, Veteran, Elite and Adapted Elite already unlocked) but still missing/greyed-out options in Tailor.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have the Hos and Quv already. Helmet is in the Head section as a Head type, I think. Here's what I meant by the recycle/discard/retrieve method:
    1. Unequip your KHG MkXII pieces (shield, armor, gun)
    2. Open inventory, right click on your MkXII pieces and click 'Discard' on each of them
    3. With your inventory still open, click on the 'Replicator' button on the bottom of the window
    4. Click on the 'Retrieve' tab in the new window.
    5. 'Buy' back your KHG MkXII items
    6. As your items are returned to your inventory (yes this costs a little bit of EC but you earn some when you discarded earlier), your accolades should update and you should get a message that you've been 'Promoted to Klingon Honor Guard' etc etc
    7. Go to your tailor, make sure you have the "Honor Guard" selected in your Uniform/Off-Duty drop window
    8. With 'Honor Guard' selected, you should be able to select the 'Honor Guard - Be'Ves' option from one of the top drop windows.
    9. Enjoy!

Let me know if that helps!

Able to confirm this worked for my Orion Female. She has Quv unlocked, but not Hos and she started the STF grind for Honor Guard after Season 7. So the Be'ves doesn't require the elite optionals to be done and just the Mk XII Honor Guard.
  • vroupvroup Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    EEXAMPLE 1
    Species : Alien
    Allegiance : Federation
    Unlock : Omega Force / M.A.C.O & M.A.C.O Operational & M.A.C.O Striker
    Missing Piece(s) : All Omega Force Harvester pieces

EXAMPLE 2
    Species : Vulcan
    Allegiance : Federation
    Unlock : Omega Force & Omega Force Harvester / M.A.C.O & M.A.C.O Striker
    Missing Piece(s) : All M.A.C.O Operational pieces

Fun fact, on my main (the alien) I am missing the M.A.C.O Veteran accolade (the requisites are all ticked, but it's not recognised as completed)
    She is also missing the Omega Force Shadow Operative accolade (the requisites are fullfilled, but not recognised)

On my alt (the Vulcan) I am missing the Omega Force Operative accolade (the requisites are all ticked, but doesn't get recognised)
    The M.A.C.O Veteran accolade is also missing (requisites ticked, but not recognised)
    And lastly the M.A.C.O Elite Commander accolade (requisites ticked, but not recognized)

---

I tried the recycling method, it had no effect.
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey Bort,

It worked on Tribble! I am one super happy camper, dude, so thanks!

::High-fives::

All I ask is that this doesn't get broke between now and when it comes over to Holodeck. I think that's a concern shared by many here.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Discard option no go on my attempt either with standard MACO gear, mk XII.
    Accolade is still locked for me as of today's Tribble patch.
    Affected Accolade: M.A.C.O. Elite Commander
    Requirements met, but still not unlocked.
    Tribble Character: Roll@rattler20200

My tribble transfer went the same as above. My broken accolade related to having all the optionals was fixed. But the M.A.C.O. Elite Commander accolade remained broken for me. Still this is one step closer then I was so far.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lelyh@Spook333
    Sixteen@Spook333

Both unlocked the MACO armor MKXII and then did costume project.
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Here is my tier 5 Romulan girl with Omega harvester armor (The optionals done one)

Species : Romulan
    Class: tactical
    Allegiance : Rom-Fed
    Unlock : Omega Style 2, 3
    Missing Piece(s) : Both Omega Harvester Thigh armors :Hips attach left and Hips attach right, even the slots of these are missing!

Tried recycling and then retrieving them.

Leg parts are still missing :
    http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140408/screenshot_2014-04-08-11-02-27_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I am very NOT happy about the state of missing leg plating!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi, just logged in to tribble and I would like to report that the SHADOW OPERATIVE accolade auto completed for my char thus all the Harvester options are now available to choose from.

Thank You. Sorted.
  • zaalbarzaalbar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Latest Tribble patch worked for me too, Omega Force Shadow Operative and MACO Elite Commander are now completed. Also, I was able to claim that MACO Style 4 costume that was stuck in my projects and the new costumes are now available.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    zaalbar wrote: »
    Latest Tribble patch worked for me too, Omega Force Shadow Operative and MACO Elite Commander are now completed. Also, I was able to claim that MACO Style 4 costume that was stuck in my projects and the new costumes are now available.

Huzzah!

If the latest Tribble patch is NOT working for anyone, please let me know which Accolades are still missing/incomplete.

Not Costumes - that's a separate issue!
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Huzzah!

If the latest Tribble patch is NOT working for anyone, please let me know which Accolades are still missing/incomplete.

I'll throw you one so it can hopefully finally get fixed. The Gamma Orionis sector defense accolades don't progress, because, unlike all the other sector defense ones, you still have it tied to the old missions. Please, please, fix it.
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Huzzah!

I had the costume issue not the accolade issue on my female Orion B'ves part. I sold my set on the recycle tab in the inventory and reclaimed it and the missing part became available. In case it matters I had already done the all the costume projects and when the I first logged in one accolade Im not sure which refreshed but that alone wasn't enough to make the part available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am still missing the qov helemt. You know the items I put in a bug report over a year. That still not fix. Guess It never getting fixed.

I know got all the accolated. I could care less about the accolated.

I want the custom unlocks I Unlock a year go that STILL DO NOT HAVE BECAUSE YOU GUYS CAN NOT FIX A BUG!

I mean really it been over a year. AND STILL NOT FIX ON tribble.

SO I GUESS WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR BEFORE ANOTHER ATTEMPT IS MADE. SO MUCH FOR THE NEW FOCUS ON BUG FIXING.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All accolades and matching costumes fixed on both a klingon orion and federation vulcan for me.

Very nice and thanks a lot for doing this for us it means a lot.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,467 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    HOT DAMN!
    Bort! I have a message for your Bug team.

Congrats on slaying the Season 7 Accolade Bug Demon! You guys did it!!!!!!!

MACO Elite Commander Accolade auto unlocked on Tribble for my affected character Roll! I take back all the frustration I vented in this thread and offer not only my thanks, but a high five!

I'll buy the drinks at Club 47 whenever it gets finished.:D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The missing parts for my Female Orion (that Bee'ves thing) came available only after I recycled all my STF gear and retrieved them back. But it worked nonetheless. Thanks for the fix :)
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• naoki9naoki9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    HOT DAMN!
    Bort! I have a message for your Bug team.

Congrats on slaying the Season 7 Accolade Bug Demon! You guys did it!!!!!!!

MACO Elite Commander Accolade auto unlocked on Tribble for my affected character Roll! I take back all the frustration I vented in this thread and offer not only my thanks, but a high five!

I'll buy the drinks at Club 47 whenever it gets finished.:D

Really? They fixed MACO/Omega accolades?

Excuse me if won't hold my breath before my accolades are really fixed... I've been waiting for more than a year, and all the excitement is long gone... :confused:
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It has been fixed this time around Bort, my one and only broken toon Raphael@shadowwraith77 after better than a year was fixed on tribble.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• velhymstovelhymsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    MACO Recruit and MACO Veteran Accolades are not completing. If not an error in itself, might need to be addressed since the gear associated with them is no longer available.

http://puu.sh/831rQ.jpg
    http://puu.sh/831sw.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    The missing parts for my Female Orion (that Bee'ves thing) came available only after I recycled all my STF gear and retrieved them back. But it worked nonetheless. Thanks for the fix :)

What do you mean by "recycled" exactly ?
    You unequipped / re-equipped them , or something else ?

Also , a question to those who have tested this -- do the "Shredder" pieces unlock as well ?
  • silverserasilversera Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oh god I just tried it on tribble, the whole trick of discarding your honor guard set and buying it back from the replcator and it actually work, on my captain and BOFF!!!!!!!! thanks so much for the tip

Now my beautifull klingon amazon tactical boff can finally get he mighty cleavage she deserve, than you so much dev team for finally slaying that big bug.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The "scrap & reclaim" trick doesn't work for all it would seem. I just tried it, to no avail.
    I need a beer.