test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #3

Comments

• saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Someone please tell me the paint job on the bottom of the T'liss Light Warbird (Tier 1) is a joke. That is just horrible.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    saedeith wrote: »
    Someone please tell me the paint job on the bottom of the T'liss Light Warbird (Tier 1) is a joke. That is just horrible.

That is called Star Trek the Original Series. The Romulans painted birds on their ships' undersides there.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013

What's wrong with it? It's pretty much the same as it was in the show.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I know it looks like it compared to the others but that's actually pretty accurate, bare in mind it's from tos. not tng or any time after.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are we going to have Veteran and Lifetime rewards from the off with the Romulans, Like uniforms, Ships and everything else you get with the other factions?

The only thing I've seen from Dan was they are hashing out what the veteran/sub awards will be... which is also why we haven't heard about a definite answer on liberated borg rommies yet. I would guess there will be a 1000 day vet ship like each of the other factions for tier 5... but I don't even use those ships now.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Star Trek" Wiki Link: 23rd Century Romulan Bird of Prey

"Star Trek" Freedom Wiki Link: List of Romulan Ships
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its Hard canon
    Live long and Prosper
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks good, I'm looking forward to them. It don't matter to me being limited on the ships. As I won't be using my Romulan in a Fed or KDF ship anyways. There is only a couple ships I will be using on my Romulan anyways. Like the Mogai and D?deridex is the main ones I really want. And maybe the small one that is "BOP"
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just hope there is alot more to pick from then just those. Iam guessing theres going to be a few cstore versions :P

Very nice ships though, mogai is my fav thus far.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm guessing the TOS ship will be the POS junker that the farmer has out back

What about that Romulan BoP at the Azura Tholian STF, will that be in-game
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope we get the Scout Ship / Science Vessel shown on TNG. Wouldn't want to miss out on a canon ship, now. And I wouldn't want the Romulan faction to be lacking a true science ship.

I assume the Scimitar will be released via the C-Store- hopefully as a dreadnought carrier type.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm guessing the TOS ship will be the POS junker that the farmer has out back

What about that Romulan BoP at the Azura Tholian STF, will that be in-game

It's in tribble already, under a new name and the Republic are flying it sooo I'm going with yes.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Great work to the Artists I noticed the ENT BOP is missing, the one that the NPC's use all the time. I wonder if that will be added and there will be more lower tier ships they haven't revealed yet.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So... if those are the only five Romulan ships available in-game... that essentially guarantees that most Romulans are going to be flying "allied" ships.
  • twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So... if those are the only four Romulan ships available in-game... that essentially guarantees that most Romulans are going to be flying "allied" ships.

I think thats 4 examples, theyre missing ships like the Valdore Class .. they cant give everything away already ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How could anyone read the article and think those were the only ships being added?

The pictures aren't big enough to be that distracting.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How could anyone read the article and think those were the only ships being added?

It sure seems like they are the only free classes of ships.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I assume the Scimitar will be released via the C-Store- hopefully as a dreadnought carrier type.

More likely a siege ship a la Guramba.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some nice lookin ships! I can't wait to learn the stats of these pretty little things!
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    It's in tribble already, under a new name and the Republic are flying it sooo I'm going with yes.

Where are you finding/getting this? I thought Romulan play hadn't been unlocked yet? I hate it when people are more clever at finding easter eggs then me. :(

I think thats 4 examples, theyre missing ships like the Valdore Class .. they cant give everything away already ;)

Valdore Class (ie the ship Donatra is flying in Nemesis) is the Mogai. Tier 3, If I am remembering correctly.
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Probably this line:
    The ships below will be available to players for free upon leveling up. Other Romulan ships, such as Refits and Retrofits of these vessels, as well as completely unique ships, will be available for purchase through the C-Store.

I mean, call me crazy, but that sure makes it sound like those are the only five Romulan ships that will be available in game - not the Z-Store.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's a distinct but not-so-subtle undertone in this thread of...,

...more... More.. .... MOARE!!! :eek:

Remember folks, this is a business trying to keep itself financially stable...

...Giving Away somewhere in the neighborhood of 90% of this update for FREE.

Lets not try to be too ungrateful..., shall we...

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't believe I havn't seen anyone mention that we have to pay cash for a tier 5 d'deridex. this really annoyes the hell outa me.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably this line:

I mean, call me crazy, but that sure makes it sound like those are the only five Romulan ships that will be available in game - not the Z-Store.

brandon and and another dev said in this thread that theres gonna be more than the listed ones. look at the first page and page 5 of this thread of thier statements
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't believe I havn't seen anyone mention that we have to pay cash for a tier 5 d'deridex. this really annoyes the hell outa me.

I knew it would happen before LoR was ever announced. And I mean back when it was still called season 8 and not an expansion.

the D'Deridex is by far one of, if not the, most popular Romulan Ships. Cryptic is first and foremost a business and as a business they would have to be insane not to have it as a C-store option rather then a free one.

Look at the TV show ships on the fed side. all the same Enterprise-D (Galaxy), Voyager (Intrepid), and Defiant are all Free tier 4, with a C-store tier 5. It was obvious that is what they were going to do with the D'Deridex.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With any luck, they'll make the D'Deridex a true formidable foe in game now. I remember the first time I had to face one (before difficulties were in game). I thought "Oh TRIBBLE! A D'Deridex! This is gonna be one heck of a fight." Then I fired a phaser beam at it and it blew up. It was VERY disappointing.
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Great ships, can't wait to see more details on them. Though like others I'm concerned about turn rates.

One little nitpick, the Romulans, Klingons, and a sizeable chuck of the Federation appear to be located in the BETA quadrant, not Alpha. At least according to both your in-game galaxy map, and the Star Trek Star Charts.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Interesting. Most of the ships look nice, except the T'liss. This one is really ugly. I hope it's just a start, because we haven't seen science ships yet.

Are you kidding the T'Liss is amazing.
  • aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2013

What do you mean? It's exactly like the one on the show
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know why it took this long to sink in but...I have a BOff named T'liss. I think I'll go rename her lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter