What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    druunajonesdruunajones Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just happy, that's all there is to say, I bought myself a starter pack. Also, I do play in the closed BETA and enjoying myself very much. Everything looks great, I have no bugs to reported yet.:D ...even no mistakes in spelling spotted so far. Keep the great work.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    If we buy the pack now, will it show up on our account as activated or it will show once it's live? I seem to remember having an issue with something like this for CO.
    I think it depends on how much you already have on your account. I have so much that new things I add are below the fixed line limit, thus none of them ever show up now.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If we buy the pack now, will it show up on our account as activated or it will show once it's live? I seem to remember having an issue with something like this for CO.

I ordered the starter pack. In the "Charge Zen" dropdown menu, above the forums and the website in general, there is a "My Wallet" link. Zen purchases and free Zen appear here, as well as the pack purchase I made. It has a confirmation number and everything.

Edit: I don't know if that actually answers your question, but it does show up as purchased for me. So even if it's not "active" or whatever when LoR goes live, I can just point there and say "Oh yeah?"
  • Options
    djismydogdjismydog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to know as being a lifetime subscriber do i have to buy the Legacy Pack or Starter Pack or do I get them free? Probably have to pay but I just wanted to make sure.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    djismydog wrote: »
    I would like to know as being a lifetime subscriber do i have to buy the Legacy Pack or Starter Pack or do I get them free? Probably have to pay but I just wanted to make sure.
    The Legacy and Starter Packs are simply C-Store bundles with a 30% discount for pre-ordering them. They have nothing to do with your Subscription status. Just as a Fed or KDF player must buy C-Store items, so must a Rom player.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    djismydogdjismydog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Legacy and Starter Packs are simply C-Store bundles with a 30% discount for pre-ordering them. They have nothing to do with your Subscription status. Just as a Fed or KDF player must buy C-Store items, so must a Rom player.

Oh ok do you know the total C-Store price of all of this?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    djismydog wrote: »
    Oh ok do you know the total C-Store price of all of this?
    The Legacy Pack gives you $181.00 worth of C-Store items for $125.00. The Starter Pack gives you $31.00 worth of items for $20.00.

Just as a Fed or KDF, you'll get a free T1 through T5 ship as a Rom. The C-Store ships are just slightly better.

Edit to add that you can buy all of the ships in the C-Store individually once LoR goes live. You don't need to buy them now if you don't want to. Buying them now just gives you the discount.
  • Options
    wsevwsev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So basically if I bought a Lifetime subscription at the start of the game I still have to pay either $19.99 or $124.99 to get the Legacy of the Romulans expansion?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    wsev wrote: »
    So basically if I bought a Lifetime subscription at the start of the game I still have to pay either $19.99 or $124.99 to get the Legacy of the Romulans expansion?
    The LoR Expansion has nothing to do with the C-Store bundle sale. The Legacy Pack and Standard Pack are C-Store items bundled together for a discount. It has nothing to do with playing the expansion any more then buying a T3 Excelsior has anything to do with playing the free Federation content.
  • Options
    wsevwsev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks cosmic.. I've been gone for a few months and was wondering :)
  • Options
    dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm so excited about the legacy bundle. I'm an avid C-store ship/ship collector after all, I mean all the titles and master keys are nice, but at the end of the day, its the ships, races and costumes for me. Like right now, I'm working on earning more ships for my future FED/Rommie Captain.
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • Options
    sheepdog3sheepdog3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As I don't use Keys, ever, I'm guessing the Starter Pack will work best for me. I'll just buy the other ships and items as I need them.

Im with you here...I used to use keys, but as they basically became a huge waste of money for me (risk vs reward does not equal $$$$ spent), so I don't use them...I have like 15 keys in my bank, and may save them for any "new" boxes that drop after the LoR comes out...but plan on the Starter Pack and whatever ship I may want to buy afterwards. I cant justify spending $125 on a game expansion, not in this economy.

As much as I enjoy this game, the real world takes most of my time. I plan on playing the Romulans most definitely, it was the one playable race I really wanted to play when the game came out...but even as a Lifetimer, I cannot justify spending another $125 right off the bat...especially since some of the ships are not ones I would ever play.
    "We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world...The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog...He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep...Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep...Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will the Liberated Borg Reman's appearance be customisable?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Will the Liberated Borg Reman's appearance be customisable?
    I would imagine at least as much as any of the rest of the Lib Borg Boffs.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    I think Cryptic owes thecosmic1 a free ship or something for answering so many people's questions, often the same question over and over again.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The fact that he hasn't snapped yet over people's inability to read is amazing. Good show.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I think Cryptic owes thecosmic1 a free ship or something for answering so many people's questions, often the same question over and over again.
    quintaris wrote: »
    The fact that he hasn't snapped yet over people's inability to read is amazing. Good show.

It has been an exercise in patience. :) It's given me a new-found respect for BranFlakes and what he deals with daily.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    It currently does not show up on the My Account page along with my Pre-order, Wrath of Khan Uniform, etc etc.

I did get a confirmation e-mail though.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Any word on whether this shows as an activated feature if we buy it now or will it show once we LoR goes live?

Thanks.

We were not able to get it to display in there, but you can confirm your purchase if you're logged in and visit the Legacy Pack page -- the "buy now" buttons will be grayed out and there will be a message towards the top-right.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It has been an exercise in patience. :) It's given me a new-found respect for BranFlakes and what he deals with daily.

I honestly don't get it. Why have you done this? And how have you found the time?
    We were not able to get it to display in there, but you can confirm your purchase if you're logged in and visit the Legacy Pack page -- the "buy now" buttons will be grayed out and there will be a message towards the top-right.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

As I stated in an earlier post in this thread, it also shows up in the "My Wallet" link of the "Charge Zen" drop down tab.

The little message should probably say "the Legacy Pack" - I know it's probably technically grammatically correct without the "the", but it sounds weird.

It also describes the stuff in the pack as "content", which is rather telling - I imagine most people would describe "items" NOT as "content".

By the way, if we buy the starter pack, and later decide to go full on legacy, will the price of the starter pack be deducted from the legacy price?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    As I stated in an earlier post in this thread, it also shows up in the "My Wallet" link of the "Charge Zen" drop down tab.

Oh right! Thanks, it will show up on the billing transaction history at billing.perfectworld.com.
    By the way, if we buy the starter pack, and later decide to go full on legacy, will the price of the starter pack be deducted from the legacy price?

No, it won't, but you can ticket into Billing for assistance on this -- they may be able to help.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I honestly don't get it. Why have you done this? And how have you found the time?
    I was just one of many people, like yourself, trying to get the correct info out there. It doesn't take much misconception to turn a group into a mob. :)

As for the time it took, there's benefits to being retired - though some might say too much spare time is a curse. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, thecosmic1, for helping to answer questions in-between my visits :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, thecosmic1, for helping to answer questions in-between my visits :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    No problem. I think it helped boost my post count past 2,000. :)
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any word on what career the Liberated Borg BOFF is?
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would assume Engie like the Fed/KDF one is.
    w8xekp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.