edited April 2013
    I'd buy it in a minute if it was available in the C/Z-Store :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    otakuboyt wrote: »
    I'd buy it in a minute if it was available in the C/Z-Store :(
    Most of it will be after the 21st of May - just not on sale. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    craig76 wrote: »
    yeah, i think it should be thrown in as a added bonus for being a lifetime member

I think not. Life Time Subscribers already reap numerous benefits which actually cost the game some long term revenue.Furthermore, it has already been noted that Gold/LTS players will be given some kind of incentive for just being...whatever. These pre-order items are an incentive for all players to invest in new content and allow PWE/Cryptic to recover the costs of development. LTS players, with their free Zen stipend will have the option of acquiring most of these items over the long run at no additional cost. If LTS players want them sooner, they can voluntarily purchase the items at the same cost as all other players. Such is the price of convenience and immediate gratification. I'm quite glad that PWE/Cryptic has chosen this method and that some of these benefits will only be available to players who are willing to invest in both this expansion and the concept of future STO expansions.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Still, they could have used something a little more Romulan:

RALH: High Commander
    RAUP: Lord Commander
    VA: Supreme Commander

LoL! Don't know much about Star Trek Romulans, eh?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    azyurion wrote: »
    LoL! Don't know much about Star Trek Romulans, eh?
    I simply think it's stupid to use the same Ranks as the Federation at the Admiral level. They should be more specific to the Faction - without going into political titles.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I simply think it's stupid to use the same Ranks as the Federation at the Admiral level. They should be more specific to the Faction - without going into political titles.

I understand your position, but the Romulan ranks and titles in canon have always been similar to both the Federation and Klingon ranks. Really, once you get past Sub-Commander (as a rank) the ST Romulan (military) pretty much would look just like what we already have.

Consul and ProConsul would be nifty titles to differentiate the higher tiered Romulan officers from their existing factional counterparts. However, you are correct that the titles were political in later Roman society.

However, in their earliest usage, they were actually more of a hybrid rank. Originally, Consuls in Roman society were expected to be both civil leaders and military commanders of the legions. In many ways, the title is most equivalent to the Imperial British colonial position of Governor-General, who were heads of the local colony and commander in chief of the local military contingent.. I think, in that context, they would make fine and appropriate titles for high tiered STO Romulans.

If STO were touse actual Roman senior military rank titles forits factional rank structure, then higher tiered STO Romulans would have ranks such as Legate, Tribune and Prefect. As you can see, that would overlap with canon Cardassian structures and likely upset some players.

Of course, canon also used the title Uhlan, which were historically a type of 19th century european cavalry unit. So, following that canon tradition, STO could rightfully adapt such words as Dragoon, Hussar and Cuirassiers. While completely inappropriate, it would, at least be unique and sound cool.

As for various versions of Commander. Well, that is just uninspired and boring. I personally would rather see the various forms of the Marshal title implemented than umpteen versions of Commander.

To each his own, I suppose and I certainly respect (but disagree with) your opinion.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I still don't get the price discrepancy. At current exchange rates;

$124.99 = ?82.06 + VAT = ?98.47

But because I can't pay in GBP or Dollars (Idk why, pretty sure I didn't pay Euros for my LTS) I have to pay in Euros, which according to my order page is;

119.99 EUR = ?102.78 + VAT =?123

Can someone explain why there is like a ?20 discrepancy? Economics, as you can guess, is not my strong point.

EDIT: Never mind, it's because of the stupid Economy.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    azyurion wrote: »
    I understand your position, but the Romulan ranks and titles in canon have always been similar to both the Federation and Klingon ranks. Really, once you get past Sub-Commander (as a rank) the ST Romulan (military) pretty much would look just like what we already have.
    In canon there is no military Romulan ever mentioned with higher then an Admiral rank - thus the idea that they follow the Federation scheme of Rear Admiral-Lower, Rear Admiral-Higher, and Vice Admiral is a fallacy.

The game needs to differentiate Roms at those Ranks, but they don't need to use the Federation titles.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So if I where to buy this Legacy pack I only need to later buy,farm/grind 5-6 FSM to own all the Romulus Fleet ships ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    So if I where to buy this Legacy pack I only need to later buy,farm/grind 5-6 FSM to own all the Romulus Fleet ships ?
    One for each C-Store T5 ship, yes.
  • Options
    shadowgirlshadowgirl Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The shameless greed is apparent in the fact that you cannot purchase these packs via the c-store, thus preventing you from doing anything other then hand them more money. Shameless. *shakes head*
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    shadowgirl wrote: »
    The shameless greed is apparent in the fact that you cannot purchase these packs via the c-store, thus preventing you from doing anything other then hand them more money. Shameless. *shakes head*

Yeah how dare they offer a hefty pack of C-Store fluff at a moderately substantial markdown from their total list price!

...wait
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Clarification on the Reman uniform question:
    Q: Can I use the Reman "Nemesis" uniform on my FED/KDF characters? How about my Bridge Officers?
    A: Only Reman characters and Reman Bridge Officers* may use this uniform. *This does not include the special Cloaked Intentions feature series Reman BOFF reward as its appearance is uncustomizable.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    b3tazoidb3tazoid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why does the d'deridex retrofit only have a turn rate of 2? That's ridiculous, that's even worse than an Atrox carrier for gods sake, and that things bigger than Luxembourg!

I really hope there's a legit reason like all turn rates are gonna be nerfed or something...
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b3tazoid wrote: »
    Why does the d'deridex retrofit only have a turn rate of 2? That's ridiculous, that's even worse than an Atrox carrier for gods sake, and that things bigger than Luxembourg!

I really hope there's a legit reason like all turn rates are gonna be nerfed or something...

Oh wow nerd rage, here have a cookie:
    To answer a couple questions:

-The D'deridex has a base turn rate of 5.5, which is still low, but comparable to the Bortas. I'll check into why it might be displaying so low on the store. Some of the D'deridex's Singularity abilities can help to compensate for the low turn rate, and there will be more details coming on that (as well as the Refit and Retrofit versions of the D'deridex) soon.

-The lower power levels for Warbirds are intentional. Warbirds currently start with a base of 40 power to all subsystems, plus a ship-specific bonus (in the case of the T'liss, +5 Engines and +10 Weapon Power). This is to help counterbalance the power of the Singularity abilities that these ships have access to. We are still iterating on this and welcome player feedback. There are blogs coming to describe some of this further.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=624851

+
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, but many of the stats on the ships above level 20 are placeholder. Our current testing is focused on levels 1-20 because that's what's ready to test.

We are actively monitoring these feedback threads and we are listening to player concerns.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=624851&page=10

You know there is a dev tracker......................... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    If they follow the pattern of the other races, sort of - see this dev blog. The Tier 1-4 ships will be in the game, but will have one less console slot and will not come with the special console that is included with the ones here. From the looks of things so far, at tier 5 there is only one ship to pick, the Ha?apax Advanced Warbird - but they may have others they have not announced yet.

You can always buy the ship you want from the C-Store via the Dilithium Exchange later if the price is too rich for you to get all of them.

It looks like I will be using the free Romulan ships until I reach tier 5, when I won't have a choice. That is, if I make it to tier 5. I have not been playing the game much lately.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    sirricwin wrote: »
    Just another reason to hate this EU. A Common Market was a fantastic idea, but bureaucrats and politicians ruined what should have been operated by veterans of business and commerce.
    I will welcome the day when England withdraws from the EU.

Referring to my LTS payment, I do not know why it happened. Perhaps the payment service thought I was in the US or if there was a problem of some kind with their servers, a glitch perhaps or a bug of some kind.
    I'm also curious now if Ebay is included in that EU tax. I recently purchased a new set of pads for my aging Logitech G9 mouse, they came from Australia but there was no silly EU regulated charge added to that purchase (via Paypal) unless its a stealth charge increasing the price. After checking the listed selling and shipping costs in AU Dollars and converting to GBP, there was no discrepancy.

You're really making a mountain out of a molehill. The difference between what we pay in Euros and what we'd pay in GBP with our own VAT of 20% is 4 pounds GBP...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    taylor44331taylor44331 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys I just went to buy the LOR pack. 124.99 in US in euros is 96.70. so i type in my details and i see they are charging 119 euros how in gods name does it jump to this? are they work on EU pays more?
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys I just went to buy the LOR pack. 124.99 in US in euros is 96.70. so i type in my details and i see they are charging 119 euros how in gods name dose it jump to this? are they work on EU pays more?

Was VAT added at the end? I think all prices are pre-tax usually.

But I did have a question: Is the Borg BOFF in the Starter Pack a Tactical Bridge Officer? It's kind of the tipping point on whether I'll spend the $20 for this bundle. #3DifferentBorgBoffSetup
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Guys I just went to buy the LOR pack. 124.99 in US in euros is 96.70. so i type in my details and i see they are charging 119 euros how in gods name does it jump to this? are they work on EU pays more?
    The EU have a VAT fee - a tax the EU charges people who buy things online from outside the EU. The take is between 15-25% depending on where you live.

Unlike the EU, list prices in the US do not include taxes - taxes are added afterwards.
  • Options
    taylor44331taylor44331 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    O i see. well looks like ill have to knock out more money lol. Thanks for the reply guys. woman is going to kill me.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really hope the answer is yes for this, but here goes. Can the T-liss skin be used on the T'varo, and T'Varo retrofit. I really hope you say yes, as I'm actually quite fond of the little ship.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Victim of a ninja edit. Please move along.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i see alot of questions but no devs are giving answers, yet they want our money.
    Are our toons going to be able to cloack like they do in cardassian struggle missions?
    There are a million bugs in this game, in mho, they charge way to much yet every other game i have ever played, charge half the price for a game that has half a million less bugs in it.
    So, should they really be releasing more stuff in it, only for more things to go wrong, when they coud be trying to make this a top notch game. I mean, we are throwing our money at them.
    If anything, i would say, boycott spending money on the game untill they can improve the mechanics a bit more. Seems that would be the only way to get them to listen. While people throw money at them, they wont give a hoot!
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    pr0teanpr0tean Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I already have a federation and KDF character. When romulans go live will a third (possibly earnable/unlockable) free character slot be made available?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pr0tean wrote: »
    I already have a federation and KDF character. When romulans go live will a third (possibly earnable/unlockable) free character slot be made available?
    The last I heard that has yet to be determined. I'm sure further information will be in a forthcoming blog.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    But because I can't pay in GBP or Dollars (Idk why, pretty sure I didn't pay Euros for my LTS) I have to pay in Euros, which according to my order page is;

Because it took companies some time to understand the changes in EU law. It's illegal for them to charge you GBP or Dollars. This is a fairly recent law, but as I said, not everybody complied with it immediately. Not everybody has complied with it at all yet, in fact; the authorities will get around to most of them eventually.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    infantryman32infantryman32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a lifetime member, and was wondering if the lifers get any of the stuff in the legacy pack?
    1-27INF~WOLFHOUNDS~
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a lifetime member, and was wondering if the lifers get any of the stuff in the legacy pack?

Only if you use your stipend Zen to buy the non-exclusive items separately in the store after launch.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just so there's no confusion there, the Legacy and Standard Packs are just upcoming Romulan C-Store item bundles you can buy for a 30% discount. They have nothing to do with playing the upcoming Legacy of Romulus Expansion. That expansion is free: you get free T1 through T5 ships just as you do a Fed or KDF. The C-Store items have nothing to do with being an LTS, Gold, or Silver member.
This discussion has been closed.