test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy X only availabe to one character?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Anyone know wether this rumor is true. If you buy it it is only availbe to the character you purchased it on. I dont want to waste 25 dollars on somehting thats is no more than a vanity ship if all my characters cannot get it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Anyone know wether this rumor is true. If you buy it it is only availbe to the character you purchased it on. I dont want to waste 25 dollars on somehting thats is no more than a vanity ship if all my characters cannot get it.

I don't own one. But in threads I've read by people who do own it ... once the bugs got worked out ... it could be used by any and all characters you had at the Rear Admiral level of gameplay.

I think this is what helps keep the rumor going ... the confusion ... people see that they can't equip it on their Lt Commander 2, or their Captain 5, and think it only works with one character.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    well my first RA bought the ship and that was fine

my second RA can not get it. its not there under the special unlocks. its still showing on the top page for 2000 points. i only had 600 left and it said i did not have enough points when i tried to click it.

i could be wrong and it might be a bug but i actually think you have to buy the ship for each character
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm assuming if you discharge it, you can always claim another?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    not as of present, if you discharge it, you just lost $25.00 probably a bug there, but pretty well screwed. As for being able to get it on multiple characters I doubt that'll happen anytime soon, I think its working as intended as it doesn't claim to work on any other characters of Admiral rank like the imperial class skin says. So 1 character, and 1 issue.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey All,

It's supposed to be a single purchase that unlocks it for all RA5 fed characters. We'll check into it and see if there is a bug. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    thanks again destra always in with the answer needed
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GMDestra wrote:
    Hey All,

It's supposed to be a single purchase that unlocks it for all RA5 fed characters. We'll check into it and see if there is a bug. Thanks!

OMG! Thank you!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thats a relief :D my Tac was upset when he found out my Eng had it :D
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GMDestra wrote:
    Hey All,

there has to be a bug, im using it on my RA 3 fed character and my RA 5 character cant claim the ship, it just shows the buy option.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey All,

An update on this - the fact that you can only claim it on one character has been confirmed to be a bug. Once the fix goes through, you should be able to claim it on all your characters.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the clarification, Destra.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GMDestra wrote:
    Hey All,

An update on this - the fact that you can only claim it on one character has been confirmed to be a bug. Once the fix goes through, you should be able to claim it on all your characters.

Can it be claimed multiple times? ie. If I discharge it and want to get it again, can I claim it again for free like the TOS Connie?