What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Romulan Alliances and the Romulan Republic Faction

Comments

• duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wardmatt wrote: »
    Ouch.

The sad thing is they will still get away with it because when it comes right down to it people will still play the game. Cryptic knows this so the keep doing stuff like this.

from what i've seen here they already lost about 3000EUR right away., just in this thread..
    (LFT, DOFF packs, inventory packs, fleet holdings sinks, lockbox keys for lobis.. not talking about ships, cause yes, they will make money on the ships)

that would be a 1month/1dev worth

i am a member in a fleet with some 40 people who will feel the same.

so you just multiply it by ...10

multiply that by 100 or more

they will get away with this, but it will be no good publicity, and they could have had far more

if it is a time problem, they can just tell us to wait a month longer. at least it would be honest and everybody would understand, while grinding the new reputation.
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So it begins.... Romulan whine babys and proof that you can't satisfy people in mmorpg games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    plox21 wrote: »
    So it begins.... Romulan whine babys and proof that you can't satisfy people in mmorpg games.

Give me an actual Romulan faction.
    Poof! Satisfied. I was satisfied before this, therefore your blind generalization is disproven.
  • cuzecozecuzecoze Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I would feel different if they just admitted it was a new race and not a new faction. They said it was a new faction. It's not. Just be straight up imo.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2013

and if it was your favorite faction that had been promised since release which was being bastardized and treated like garbage, how would you feel?
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If they gave us an honest to goodness RSE faction, I would have no complaints. Heck, I'm sure if they jsut took away the 'side with another faction at level 10' thing and gave them their own stabases, a lot of this would be eliminated.

Cryptic messed up big time, a little bit of criticism is well in order.
    edited March 2013
    If they gave us an honest to goodness RSE faction, I would have no complaints. Heck, I'm sure if they jsut took away the 'side with another faction at level 10' thing and gave them their own stabases, a lot of this would be eliminated.

Cryptic messed up big time, a little bit of criticism is well in order.

yeah, this, DOFF's and foundry

perhaps a homeworld in time

i don't care how the base would look like. even if it was just a room with a couple of green consoles.
    was just looking forward to finally play with my friends without having to travel through baby blue ESD.
  • goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2013

If the Federation was getting shafted I bet you would a whine baby about it.
    edited March 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    and if it was your favorite faction that had been promised since release which was being bastardized and treated like garbage, how would you feel?

Romulans are my favorite faction since when they first apeared in ST , i will play them and enjoy in them regardless of what are they now and what they will be in future.
    If you are true romulan fan you wouldnt talk like this :cool:.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Romulans are my favorite faction since when they first apeared in ST , i will play them and enjoy in them regardless of what are they now and what they will be in future.
    If you are true romulan fan you wouldnt talk like this :cool:.

You sound like a reunificationist to me......
    edited March 2013
    The one thing I wanted most out of a Star Trek MMO was the ability to play a Romulan.
    An actual Romulan, working for the Star Empire, for Romulans.

I was elated when I discovered Romulans were being added.
    I was willing to accept that it might be light on content, that we'd still be doing the same STFs as the others in the endgame, that it wasn't actually the Star Empire but the "Romulan Republic".

But now I'm told it was all a bait and switch, and I'm supposed to be happy?
    No. Cryptic have essentially trolled me, and I am upset.
    edited March 2013

let's burn him!

where did i put my plasma rifle?
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Let's have a poll:

How many people will decide to be "Fedomulans"(fed-dom-u-lans)? or "Federomulans" (fed -der-rom-u-lans)

And which term do you like better?
    edited March 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    let's burn him!

where did i put my plasma rifle?

Burning a reunificationist wastes precious energy.
    I suggest the airlock.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulan freelancer then for KDF. Ah well, one needs to make a living, eh ? At least I get some green cloaky fleet ships this way. Just in case there are no good ten console warbirds...
    :cool:
    House of Duras, I'm coming !
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
    edited March 2013
    Let's have a poll:

How many people will decide to be "Fedomulans"(fed-dom-u-lans)? or "Federomulans" (fed -der-rom-u-lans)

82% lol 10chars

burning a fool is an exotermic reaction. let's have some blood wine! (meant ALE, but i see the KDF has left it's fingerprints on me)
    edited March 2013
    Let's have a poll:

Oh I see another topic has been shoved in here with us, getting a little tight don't you think.
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You come into our Dojo to troll us? what a swell person, if the "mmorphg games" could satisfy the players then you would then be unsatisfied yourself, since there would be little for you to troll.
    edited March 2013
    lizwei wrote: »
    Burning a reunificationist wastes precious energy.
    I suggest the airlock.

My vote is for strapping him to the front of a Warbird as a warning to others.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Cardashians Take Space Dock!

And finally! My first officer BOFF Lamar Odom makes sense!

LOL :D Your No. 1 is Lamar Odom?
    What are his passives, free throws & rebounds? :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited March 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    82% lol 10chars

burning a fool is an exotermic reaction. let's have some blood wine! (meant ALE, but i see the KDF has left it's fingerprints on me)

Blood wine is swill! I'd sooner drink crab juice!
    Any Romulan caught drinking blood wine or chateau Picard will be subject to arrest, interrogation and stomach scrubbing.

Sincerely,
    Tal'Shiar Commission for the Preservation of Proper Romulan Beverages
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Honestly, I fail to see why people are so unwilling to accept the existence of Romulans seeking a less authoritarian and xenophobic Romulan state yet not going so far as to want actual reunification with their Vulcan cousins. Or perhaps reunificationist is simply an easy slander for the Tal Shiar and their ilk to attack reformists with?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I request the OP make descriptive thread headers. "A Request" ain't one.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited March 2013
    lordinsane wrote: »
    Honestly, I fail to see why people are so unwilling to accept the existence of Romulans seeking a less authoritarian and xenophobic Romulan state yet not going so far as to want actual reunification with their Vulcan cousins. Or perhaps reunificationist is simply an easy slander for the Tal Shiar and their ilk to attack reformists with?

ANOTHER ONE!!!! -points frantically- They are everywhere these days, like roaches.
  • inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They either make 3 factions or cancel the entire thing because what they have done is essentially idiotic beyond comparison. I expect that if they haven't changed things by mid April then they will lose a ton of the players because of this terrible move.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Let's have a poll:

In DAO, it was the Dalish elves, gypsy elves looking to restore the glory of their fallen empire.I really expected it to be a re-skin half faction like the KDF, causing forum rage in may.This was....wow.Worse than I expected.I truly feel bad for the diehard Romulan fans who wanted their own faction.
    I'm guessing KDF, and Starfleet security, will have their hands full ...checking "Green"cards.
    Too soon?:confused:
    edited March 2013
    Everyone hate new informations about Romulans but when May comes they will be first to create new character :) , i just love when people rage about new faction that is not exactly what they wanted.

Mommy Mommy I want new faction , when they got one everyone is like....But i don't like this mommy.....why you hate romulan toys mommy...why why why???:D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cuzecozecuzecoze Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Everyone hate new informations about Romulans but when May comes they will be first to create new character :) , i just love when people rage about new faction that is not exactly what they wanted.

Mommy Mommy I want new faction , when they got one everyone is like....But i don't like this mommy.....why you hate romulan toys mommy...why why why???:D.

Are you TRIBBLE? There is no new faction. You just can't comprehend what's going on, I guess.
    edited March 2013
    lordinsane wrote: »

I'm unwilling to accept the existence of Romulans who will mortgage their species and their future to their sworn enemies for a little safety.

Those who trade freedom for temporary security deserve neither.
  • kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes because that works real well, good luck with that.
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    In what sense are they "shafted"?

You add a 3rd system and people will bail but you people seem as delusional as the KDF fan base, you are going to be the next 18% and you will suffer the exact same issues as the KDF.

Adding the Fleet system to the Romulan faction at this point would be the death of small fleets because new shinny on the Romulan lawn but they will not stay there, they will come back so you end up with dead or dying fleets outside the major ones, for KDF it would be worst because there are people that play the 2 factions and adding a 3rd would simply overweight then to the point they would make a call on what to support and right now that would be Fed.

Also does the Fleet system contribute anything for the faction?

I might not agree with the system as they are doing but at the same time you think they can add content 1-50, a change to PvP maps, a entire new faction Base along with changes to the existing maps?

PvP is going to have changes, the Fleet system NEEDS to have changes ... Romulans can wait unless you people and you "we are entitled to everything the others have" and "we want it NOW" dont mind dragging everyone down with you because you MUST to have your cake and then we get nothing because of YOU.

At the right time we can ask for changes, right now we must adopt a sit and wait the things that are needed for a healthy faction to exist, not half done system that lead to nothing ... we have the KDF as PROOF were that leads.

Romulan front is level 17-29, this is not going to change with the FE mission being Captain level, thats still 30 levels that need content, hardly a "tutorial"

Same with KDF that needs 25 levels worth of missions.
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.