test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I imagine an anniversary week level event is unavoidable. I am sure Cryptic will do all they can but no amount of testing is going to cover that.

What some people seem to forget, is the anniversary problem was not a bug. There was no error in coding. There was just too many people. Not saying that is a bad thing, but that is what happened. The servers simply could not handle the amount of people that were trying to play the game all at once. The result is they failed.

Just another reason to show they need to provide more servers, they do all this flash stuff but fail on having enough server space and stability for it's users and customers. Many of us both paid and F2P have put money into it. Is it too hard to ask for some server stability and proper testing and releasing. STO seems to be the only major MMO I know of to this his bad workmanship. If they were a tradesman they would have gotten the kick years ago.

I think they need to improve their workmanship and stability before introducing more stuff which seems to be all they care about. If this wasn't Star Trek I doubt this game would still be up. If another Star Trek MMO came into existence I think most of us would jump ship.

We're just asking for more sever space and stability. I can tell you the week this expansion is out I won't be coming online to the game as it will be so laggy and the queues will be so long (even for a lifetimer member as myself) they it won't be worth the time.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That was the most Underwhelming things that Cryptic has come up with. All that waiting just for a teaser trailer and one web page that say nothing out of the ordinary.

Most of my fleet mates were speculating that it was going to be a Romulan Reman playable faction, and it was more than conformed when they said that the next update was TOO big to call it Season 8, so the only thing left was a playable faction.

What a waste, a countdown timer to a date that was already mentioned before the timer went up.

They did say that something BIG was coming in May, we just didn?t know the exact day, though my fleet mates were guessing May 24th at the earliest and the 31st at the latest

I must say the Marketing department really failed on this one.

WOW, very unimpressed, would have liked more info than just, ?Oh, we are going to add a Romulan and Reman faction to the game, more to come ?SOON?, bye.?
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just another reason to show they need to provide more servers, they do all this flash stuff but fail on having enough server space and stability for it's users and customers. Many of us both paid and F2P have put money into it. Is it too hard to ask for some server stability and proper testing and releasing. STO seems to be the only major MMO I know of to this his bad workmanship. If they were a tradesman they would have gotten the kick years ago.

I think they need to improve their workmanship and stability before introducing more stuff which seems to be all they care about. If this wasn't Star Trek I doubt this game would still be up. If another Star Trek MMO came into existence I think most of us would jump ship.

We're just asking for more sever space and stability. I can tell you the week this expansion is out I won't be coming online to the game as it will be so laggy and the queues will be so long (even for a lifetimer member as myself) they it won't be worth the time.

As I said, The problem is there is no way of knowing how many people are going to be online when this hits. "A Lot" has many variables. You want them to buy extra servers just for the few days/week they need it. If there workmanship really needs work as much as you say, seems to me that would be a lot of wasted resources that would be better served elsewhere.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not a fan of the Romulan Engineering symbol, looks little too much like a certain Hindu symbol.

It should be curved more, less straight lines coming out of it.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the Romulan Engineering symbol, looks little too much like a certain Hindu symbol.

And idiots can't take a spiral arm now, just because it has 4 arms like a hindu good luck symbol ? Well crosshairs usually have four lines coming out of its center. Yeah, crosshairs should toatlly not be used in any game either.

Plus Star Trek had a "wierd alien TRIBBLE" episode almost in every series. Geeze , grow up!
    If that was fine to show on TV, then a symbol with the same number of lines coming out of it should really be not confused for something it is not. What's next, accusing the Klingons of being communists?

I am ashamed to share the same species as you.

Lines bending towards the central point, as in the singularity core that romulan engineers no doubt muck about as much as Scotty does a warp core.

Very appropriate.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As I said, The problem is there is no way of knowing how many people are going to be online when this hits. "A Lot" has many variables. You want them to buy extra servers just for the few days/week they need it. If there workmanship really needs work as much as you say, seems to me that would be a lot of wasted resources that would be better served elsewhere.

Actually the servers are needed not just for this week but regular days. The server not responding warning and lag has been ongoing since at least when F2P started in early 2012. It's one of the things needed. They keep stating they want to expand the game etc, improving and expanding the servers wouldn't be a bad thing to start with so they can support the new gamers coming in.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    And idiots can't take a spiral arm now, just because it has 4 arms like a hindu good luck symbol ? Well crosshairs usually have four lines coming out of its center. Yeah, crosshairs should toatlly not be used in any game either.

Plus Star Trek had a "wierd alien TRIBBLE" episode almost in every series. Geeze , grow up!
    If that was fine to show on TV, then a symbol with the same number of lines coming out of it should really be not confused for something it is not. What's next, accusing the Klingons of being communists?

I am ashamed to share the same species as you.

Lines bending towards the central point, as in the singularity core that romulan engineers no doubt muck about as much as Scotty does a warp core.

Very appropriate.
    That comment is very inappropriate. I hope that I am a different species than you, as I am going to go get tested as I speak.

It is ironic, that Klingons were actually based on the Soviet Union (watch ST6 again), which are technically communists.
    edited March 2013
    That comment is very inappropriate. I hope that I am a different species than you, as I am going to go get tested as I speak.

It is ironic, that Klingons were actually based on the Soviet Union (watch ST6 again), which are technically communists.

They were quite mongol like too. However back then they did not seem to have a thing for red colouring. It was all black and gold, quite classy.

But now they appear to be space vikings, but otherwise agreed.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • kmaximuskmaximus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fed != gets every other races' stuff. OMG you already ruined SFB and SFC. Leave STO alone! You go to your quadrant. Go to your quadrant!
    edited March 2013
    kmaximus wrote: »
    Fed != gets every other races' stuff. OMG you already ruined SFB and SFC. Leave STO alone! You go to your quadrant. Go to your quadrant!

Why do you think the Feds are getting all the stuff?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013

It looks like a pinwheel.... who cares?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2013
    It looks like a pinwheel.... who cares?

Ah another sane person. I salute you.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013

It looks like a pinwheel and it's long past time people stopped recognizing the symbol for how it is perverted rather than where it comes from. It was and still is a symbol widely used in Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. It's just a religious symbol that's supposed to represent being with one's higher self, not as the trademark of the most notorious bunch of barbarians in recent history.
    There are extremist groups that use crosses as a symbol and you don't see anyone talking about banning that.

I am going to be cautiously optimistic about the May expansion, just having a better ui will allow me to enjoy playing a klingon, if for no other reason, although I will say that some of the Romulan ships do look badass.
    Somhow I get the impression that this will be a different group of Romulans than the ones we're dealing with on New Romulus, the reveal page talks about going undercover to gather information that will foment a revolt against an oppressive regime, so I'm thinking you'll be fighting your way out from under Sela's control.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • nomadeaternomadeater Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Where can we get a wallpaper of the Romulan chick? :cool:
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nomadeater wrote: »
    Ah the joys of 2D love, I just hope the hair style is a character option, I don't like the classic v cut bang.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
    edited March 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Ah the joys of 2D love, I just hope the hair style is a character option, I don't like the classic v cut bang.

I would really love the hair the vulcan and romulan cover girls have for my characters. C store please!
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nomadeater wrote: »

View background image, save image?

ANyway, what's this free torpedo launcher? When I try to "prepare myself" it tells me I'm already logged in.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok just one question....Where the frak is my torpedo launcher for loging in?
  • wilusawilusa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    very nice! i, for one, am very excited for new content! can't wait till may. :D
    ee35678e98b44a8e156730c58125ec53.jpg
  • bananubananu Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    oh pretty please, may I alpha test? or beta test? :-)
  • tyranthraxisiityranthraxisii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Curious if this implies an overhaul of the KDF faction too, as it states we can play any faction from the start, and level our captain from 1 - 50. I'm not one of those KDF players by the way that's crying for more content, I just saw this and thought that they must be "fixing" the leveling/storyline arc for the KDF if this is true.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TREQGl54BU8&feature=endscreen
    I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.:confused:
  • starchasernxstarchasernx Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Excited that Romulans are coming in as a proper faction.

Will we be entering the year 2410 when this comes out or staying in 2409?
  • chooch99achooch99a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On the subject of hair.

I too, am tired of the "V Cut" hair on Romulans and Vulcans. The first Romulan female we met had long, beautiful flowing brown hair.

The first female Vulcan we met was T'Pring, who had gorgeous primped up noble style hair do.

Caitlin Dar, an Ambassador in Trek 5 on Nimbus, also had nice hair. Nero's wife in 2009, although seen on holograms shown to Pike, we can see her behind scene images online, had long wavy/curly red hair.

Saavik, Kirstie Alley version, had beautiful long hair, she was Romulan/Vulcan. The Robin Curtis version had long curley hair.

Then we come to the awful TNG/DS9/Nemesis female Romulans. They make Romulan females look like mutants with plastic wigs.

Please, STO, remember the better examples of Romulan female beauty does exist.

Which is why I love that poster Romulan chick. Now let us have such options in game please :)
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    @pwebranflakes - When is the Romulan Faction recruitment forums going to be set up?

@chooch99a - Preach on brotherman, preach on....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    edited March 2013
    chooch99a wrote: »
    On the subject of hair.

I too, am tired of the "V Cut" hair on Romulans and Vulcans. The first Romulan female we met had long, beautiful flowing brown hair.

The first female Vulcan we met was T'Pring, who had gorgeous primped up noble style hair do.

Caitlin Dar, an Ambassador in Trek 5 on Nimbus, also had nice hair. Nero's wife in 2009, although seen on holograms shown to Pike, we can see her behind scene images online, had long wavy/curly red hair.

Saavik, Kirstie Alley version, had beautiful long hair, she was Romulan/Vulcan. The Robin Curtis version had long curley hair.

Then we come to the awful TNG/DS9/Nemesis female Romulans. They make Romulan females look like mutants with plastic wigs.

Please, STO, remember the better examples of Romulan female beauty does exist.

Which is why I love that poster Romulan chick. Now let us have such options in game please :)

Agreed, plus that shoulder lenght long hair is adorable. We only have lenght options that go down your back, or end above the lower neck.
    No shoulder lenght hair in between, like T'its and So'hot (or S'ultry?) have.

Torpedo launcher is an LT item for Newly registered accounts. Since it says new launcher on the registration page, eve slower people may take that hint with a little bit of thought on the matter.
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The arrival of a romulan fraction can be fun if it also implies that both existing factions are finished.

If I just look at the episodes on the wiki the feds have 74 missions to complete purely from the start of episode 1 the klingon wars untill the end of episode 6 the undine advance.
    For these same episodes the KDF only have 37 missions. I have done no comparrison for the total gained mission reward between the 37 KDF and 74 Fed missions.

Also I find it extremely wierd that the KDF used to start from lvl 6, to have this changed to lvl 21 and now suddenly it will be lvl 1 ?!?
    This at least implies increased content.
  • dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    @pwebranflakes - When is the Romulan Faction recruitment forums going to be set up?

@chooch99a - Preach on brotherman, preach on....

I agree Spartan I hope we get a Romulan Faction recruitment thread
    in the Fleet Administrative Station soon.
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On the subject of Romulan hair
    Anyone remember the young officer Kirk beat up on in TOS?
    now that was a haircut
    Live long and Prosper
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been waiting since I was beta testing for a romulan faction. so thank you. it's also made a bold statement about the game and it's future. adding the much wanted and needed romulans, put an end to them dishonourable kdf cry babies and much much more in a huge update.:cool: i'm very impressed with what is coming in may. I actually can't believe that there is still some negativity out there about something that is 100% good for the game. I seriously take my hat off to your hard work and I hope it all pays off!!

keep up the good work devs :)
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So... I really want to know who those new aliens from the Beta Quadrant are!
    Speculations, guys?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!