Install Arc
Options

'Disenchanted' - a polite appeal to KDF players

123457»

Comments

• Options
    hugereddogghugereddogg Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "With fire and steel did the gods forge the Klingon heart. So fiercely did it beat, so loud was the sound, that the gods cried out, 'On this day we have brought forth the strongest heart in all the heavens. None can stand before it without trembling at its strength.'"

that just seemed oddly appropriate

Seemed absolutely Appropriate!! :D
  • Options
    wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Done :D

Empress Circe is a 'Disenchanted' smuggler now.
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With all the new content being shown off on Tribble (read some of the forum notes down there if you want) and the conversion of fed missions to KDF, tier 1 and 2 KDF ships being added (D'Gavama class bird of prey looks gorgeous, I want that skin!), possible costume options and just the general adding of goodies to the KDF come May 21st what do we, The Disenchanted, feel we aught to do next?

It's entirely possible we will still be incomplete in minor ways (fingerless gloves and greatcoats) but our main goals of lvl 1 start, full lvl 1-50 content, new ships and more consideration seem to have been well thought out on Tribble.

I'm not suggesting we cease being Disenchanted right away but our little protest might have been noticed by all involved in the expansion so should we consider showing our thanks in the same way?

I fully intend for my fleet name to remain 18 Percent, but my alts' titles should surely change to reflect gratitude for months of hard work. I can only think of Honourable (one of the first you get for helping the House of Martok) or Wicked (for killing 200 Fek'Ihri). Any others (that don't require a purchase, to make it fair for all)?
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking about this issue too (particular since my german fleetmates' translation of Disenchanted makes me seem more sad than morose)

The upcoming major changes are a good start for KDF, however we are still neglected

for example romulan boff costumes were fixed in days on tribble, yet no one thought to fix the enemy faction boff costume for KDF at the same time?

I have the feeling KDF will continue to be ignored except in cases that it overlaps with the other factions
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still wear my Disenchanted Tag .. and when any one asks I tell them why
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've managed to play some on tribble this weekend

OMFG!

New tutorial is brilliant. It really feels Klingon! First City looks amazing (Tacofangs explained they have improved MipMaps all round so everything looks better) and there's loads of little things making a huge difference. I'm not going to give any spoilers away in this thread but I will say this... if LoR doesn't boost KDF player numbers, I'm not sure what would.
    I for one am looking for a new title for my KDF toons, as I will no longer be Disenchanted come May 21st.

Q'apla from 18 Percent.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was preparing to create a second KDF toon in my empty slot remaining. I1st started as an engineer, but now I've got the B'rel I want a KDF tac.

Then came LoR's news. The empty slot is still empty, prepared to see all new content in style.

May 21st might be the end for a certain title I have for almost 3 months now...
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've managed to play some on tribble this weekend

OMFG!

New tutorial is brilliant. It really feels Klingon! First City looks amazing (Tacofangs explained they have improved MipMaps all round so everything looks better) and there's loads of little things making a huge difference. I'm not going to give any spoilers away in this thread but I will say this... if LoR doesn't boost KDF player numbers, I'm not sure what would.
    I for one am looking for a new title for my KDF toons, as I will no longer be Disenchanted come May 21st.

Q'apla from 18 Percent.

I agree in many ways the Klingon tutorial is better than the Romulan one and the Romulan tutorial is pretty impressive. I also enjoyed the first four new missions, very Klingon with a little humour thrown in for good measure. I also like how it ties in with some of the later KDF missions and even one or two of the Federation missions.

Very stroy drive LoR seems to be, something that with the exception of the Fek'lhri and early KDF missions that STO has sorely lacked for both factions. I am kind of hoping this isn't just a one shot deal and that they plan to bring few new missions each season to the game for all three factions, or at least for the Romulans and KDF till their line up is similar to the Federation and we can finally get rid of the horrid FE's that don't make sense for the KDF.

They have certainly outdone themselves for LoR, apart from a new merger with my fleets, this is the most excited I have been with STO since I started playing the KDF with my first KDF character Naymor. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and we can finally get rid of the horrid FE's that don't make sense for the KDF.
    uh-uh; it's already been said several times that featured episodes were intended to be shared content, so they're here to stay, for all current and future factions
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uh-uh; it's already been said several times that featured episodes were intended to be shared content, so they're here to stay, for all current and future factions

Well at least re-work them for the KDF perspective would make them work a lot better than the way they are now. Giving DS9 back to the Federation, rescuing Drozana in the past from Devidians doesn't make a lot of sense for Klingon players.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well at least re-work them for the KDF perspective would make them work a lot better than the way they are now. Giving DS9 back to the Federation, rescuing Drozana in the past from Devidians doesn't make a lot of sense for Klingon players.

I had always hoped the Devs would have rewritten that mission to portray the KDF as working counter to the feds like in the ToS series.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and a La Gloria Cubana Torpedo #1 cigar. As for new content make a visit the Chancellor and watch the council members new reaction. Again as I said in another thread we want the proper music tracks for the Klingon side not the elevator music we have now. :D

Oh, I have put up "This Far, No Further" in my title as requested over disenchanted.

This is also taking into account the new Klingon tour of duty from the update coming out. Lesser rewards and higher cost along with now being told what it will cost to reach full station construction with a small house basically would take us either buying what we need or 2 - 3 years of saving and not putting any of our resources into anything but the station.
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013

Oh, I have put up "This Far, No Further" in my title as requested over disenchanted.

Should change it all from disenchanted to "This Far, No Further" especially with Fed's getting Plasmonic Leech.

If you Fed's want our continued support and respect, how about doing something for us and start hammering Cryptic by boycotting the new lockboxes or just lockboxes in general? This is going to see a massive exodus of good players mark my words if Cryptic don't get their act together. We saw an exodus of good players over Fed's getting carriers. We saw another over the season 7 grind. Now what you think is going to happen now?
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look, what I said would happen in the first pages of this thread happened.

KDF did not only get boned this time around, they also got dumped into the 'we really don't give a TRIBBLE' pile at dev central.

Boned:

- Feds get plasmonic leech and kdf gets a worthless torpedo. Yes, worthless because only in PVP is it of any use and worthless because its so slow you can outrun it at half impulse.

- No fixes to any KDF issues.

- No new KDF ships, items or anything.

- Starting level 1 is pointless in a game where you reach level 50 in less than 3 days. Endgame is where its at and endgame KDF only gets a 'please bend over some more' every patch.

- New Reputation weapons = KDF elite fleet weapon proc. Not surprisingly, there are no Fed elite weapon proc found in same said reputation weapon store.

-

TRIBBLE'd:

- Romulans get insanely overpowered cloaking ships and cloak abilities the KDF is locked out of (cloak damage bonus/cloak timer reduction space traits for example).

- Romulan faction has received enormous bonuses that can be stacked in their favor which are not available to fed or kdf. Plasma damage items,stats,traits, etc. KDF gets TRIBBLE'd here because it is a fact the kdf is now the third faction on a priority list that used to be 99% fed stuff 1% romulan. Now it will be something like 90% romulan 9.9999% fed and kdf .0001 priority. Did you not notice the horde of fed issue fixes coming this patch which was done while they worked on romulan stuff? notice too there are NO KDF fixes? That tells you all you need to know.
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - New Reputation weapons = KDF elite fleet weapon proc. Not surprisingly, there are no Fed elite weapon proc found in same said reputation weapon store.

False. Brandon stated that the Lockbox weapons cause added Bleedthrough, while the KDF Elite Disruptors lower Shield Resistance.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jaegernl wrote: »
    False. Brandon stated that the Lockbox weapons cause added Bleedthrough, while the KDF Elite Disruptors lower Shield Resistance.

False. Look at them in game. They do reduce resists on shields. Not as much as the kdf elite proc but its there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They don't. They increase Bleedthrough. KDF elites do not.

Oh, and by the way, Aceton Assimilators are no longer immune to energy damage. HOORAY. Bend over some more.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    False. Look at them in game. They do reduce resists on shields. Not as much as the kdf elite proc but its there.

I guess you're refering to the -5 resistance? Thats hull resist, like all disruptors.
  • Options
    wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i suport this and will say good luck to you all cryptic/pwe needs to get on the ball before they lose there entire player base just like world of kung fu did but i dont have a klink and romies dont have that option
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *Sings Klingon drinking song*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *Sings Klingon drinking song*

*Raises a mug of bloodwine*
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I still wear my Disenchanted title. Nothing's happening...
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    ehgatoehgato Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    even if we do not receive a response must persist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

Q'APLA!!!!!!

Sry for mi english
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My name is loukoc...

and I do not support a revamped
    Galaxy-class Exploration Cruiser!

Just joking, but it's hilarious how three people in a row have the same signature...
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Qa'pla! <raises mug>

As well if it hasnt been added, DDIS list of needed KDF racial BOff traits needs to be in the thread of KDF concerns added to STO.

===post above is by bitemepwe===

EDIT: This thread has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic :) Thanks! ~BranFlakes
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
This discussion has been closed.