What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

'Disenchanted' - a polite appeal to KDF players

Comments

• Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just stumbled across this, I really like this, General's Kevaas, Naymor, Lakara and Sidra are joining your ranks.

Keep up the appeal, you have my support. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will add my 3 klingons to the ranks of the disenchanted.
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you both for showing your support and joining the 'Disenchanted' :)

I'll be making a fairly long post here a little later today and I welcome all your comments and thoughts on it :)

Have a lovely day!!
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    badvaio wrote: »
    I will add my 3 klingons to the ranks of the disenchanted.

Awesome stuff!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why is this still going on? The romulan faction is proof enough they dont give a rat's TRIBBLE about the KDF.

They wont fix anything KDF anymore. Romulan is where the new player fad-population will be and where all the resources will be focused into.

Disenchanted or not the KDF has been tossed into the QQ toilet and flushed.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Why is this still going on? The romulan faction is proof enough they dont give a rat's TRIBBLE about the KDF.

They wont fix anything KDF anymore. Romulan is where the new player fad-population will be and where all the resources will be focused into.

Hey :)

I sympathize, I really do - but firstly, we don't know exactly what LoR will bring for the KDF yet - I'm not expecting a great deal but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Secondly, being 'Disenchanted' isn't just about the KDF - in order for the KDF to improve there needs to be an open two-way dialogue with Cryptic and that's something that would benefit not just the KDF, but all players of the game.

I don't expect miracles - I don't expect Cryptic to magic developers and money out of nowhere to put the KDF on parity with the Feds - but if we can talk about the factions most pressing issues and get a commitment out of Cryptic to review and start addressing them then that's a start.

I fully accept that STO's business model (as in the way they make their money) isn't likely to change, but as a fan of STO, I want to keep playing - I'd like to see the game grow and improve - and I'd like to give Cryptic my money but I can't - because I won't give money to a company that holds its customers in such low regard.

All we can do is try - not to try is giving up, or just accepting that things can never get better - and I'm not quite there yet.

Thanks for posting :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013

well aren't you a right little ray of sunshine...
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2013
    well aren't you a right little ray of sunshine...

Unfortunately he is perfectly justified to feel like that. The current hypothesis is that there will be bitter disappointment in May.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    vitzh wrote: »
    Unfortunately he is perfectly justified to feel like that. The current hypothesis is that there will be bitter disappointment in May.

that doesn't mean he has to be so bloody negative about it; i may be disenchanted, but that doesn't mean i'm going around spreading gloom and doom
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    that doesn't mean he has to be so bloody negative about it; i may be disenchanted, but that doesn't mean i'm going around spreading gloom and doom

He's perfectly entitled to his own opinion. Whether you agree or disagree with it is entirely up to you but it doesn't detract from this simple fact.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'll just say that whilst I'd prefer to see a tone of optimism and solidarity in this thread, I understand where every KDF player is coming from when they show anger and dismay at the treatment of the faction - that's why I made this thread in the first place.

And if you can't vent that frustration here - with other players that understand what unfulfilled potential the KDF holds, then where can you?

Please try to keep it constructive though - hard though it may be, to be reasonable when Cryptic has neglected the KDF for so long, being unreasonable just gives them further excuses to ignore us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Feds need a similar title *stands in solidarity with Klingon brothers and sisters*

See... us Starfleet lot aren't that bad...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Feds need a similar title *stands in solidarity with Klingon brothers and sisters*

See... us Starfleet lot aren't that bad...

Some people have suggested 'Warrior of the Empire' to show support Fed-side - also, some have renamed their ships 'Disenchanted' too (but ship names are a very personal thing so don't feel obliged).

Thank you for your support Adam!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for your support Adam!!

Anytime, I'll change my titles accordingly :)

Edit: i don't have Warrior of the empire on one of my characters so I'm using In a state instead
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Edit: i don't have Warrior of the empire on one of my characters so I'm using In a state instead

Got to kill 100 KDF ships - but don't worry - we'll turn a blind eye to that ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Look, its a simple thing to grasp.

Not once in 2 years + has KDF received a unique ship. They've all been copy/paste of Fed ships. No Vesta type unique design, no Armitage type unique design, no Kumari type unique design, no Yellowstone type unique design.

Not once in 2+ years has a KDF-specific bug been addressed or fixed. The only times they looked into it was when the Fed faction was receiving the KDF kit. Examples? Caitan carrier about to be introduced.. suddenly the pet AI bug was addressed (and not fixed yet but thats another story..the point is only then did they look into it). KDF visuals and other equipment bugs? Oh hey fixed within days of FEDs getting access to them.

Money talks. The Fed faction always received full priority due to their population metrics and money generated from it.

Now they're adding a new faction that everyone will want to try out which will effectively get a higher population than the federation has now. Care to take a guess what that will do to any (if there ever was) scheduled KDF fix or new ship?

Its not doom and gloom. Its reality backed by a consistent chain of events that repeat themselves in predictable patterns.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not once in 2 years + has KDF received a unique ship. They've all been copy/paste of Fed ships. No Vesta type unique design, no Armitage type unique design, no Kumari type unique design, no Yellowstone type unique design.

the Bortasqu' was released a little over a year ago, and it is clearly NOT a copy-paste of the odyssey, so this statement is partially wrong, though i will concede the no unique answer to the vesta, armitage, kumari, or yellowstone

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Got to kill 100 KDF ships - but don't worry - we'll turn a blind eye to that ;)

Don't worry, I got Pulverizer on several toons and keep getting it whenever I make another toon. I'm sure that makes up for that ratio.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    the Bortasqu' was released a little over a year ago, and it is clearly NOT a copy-paste of the odyssey, so this statement is partially wrong, though i will concede the no unique answer to the vesta, armitage, kumari, or yellowstone

Its not?

Look at its contemporary release..the Odyssey.

Its the same ship concept. A cruiser with a universal lt cmdr. They merely shifted the boff slots and console amounts. Its a copy/paste with a different skin and minor changes.

Just because it is slightly different doesnt mean its not a copy/paste ship.

I'm talking about new ships. Again, look at the vesta. Its a completely unique design (hangar, aux cannons, its consoles, etc). The kumari..again, unique design. The armitage and yellowstone... unique designs.

Why were no resources put to giving the KDF its own unique ship design at the same time? Or ever since 2+ yrs ago? (heck I think the last time KDF got a unique ship was the B'rel retro). Ask yourself that and you will know why the new faction will be burying the KDF in the priority list and feds will become #2 priority rather quickly.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Its not?

Look at its contemporary release..the Odyssey.

Its the same ship concept. A cruiser with a universal lt cmdr. They merely shifted the boff slots and console amounts. Its a copy/paste with a different skin and minor changes.

no, it's not

you take any good odyssey build and try to make it work on what you think is the bortasqu' counterpart...it will fail hard, because the bortasqu' and odyssey are nothing alike

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Instead of Champion of the Empire (I suggested Soldier of the Empire way back in the thread but found it was Champion on all my Fed toons, sorry) I also suggested Descendent of Kahless, which I think you get for one of the Klingon War missions. I used that on my newest Fed until I earned Champion of the Empire.

As a side note, I just changed my KDF fleet name to 18 Percent. Want to join? Look for us in game. :D
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually, there are quite a few Ody builds that work well on a Bort. And there are quite a few Bort builds that an Ody would not be able to support nearly as well.

Either you love or hate the Bortasqu'. I love her. IMO people who flat out *HATE* her just don't know how to fly her. She might not be what you like, but she is certainly effective in the proper hands.

That is besides the point, consider me Disenchanted.

I wish I had found this earlier.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As a side note, I just changed my KDF fleet name to 18 Percent. Want to join? Look for us in game. :D

That is epic! :D

Now all we need is a Disenchanted Fleet lol. :P
    kimmym wrote: »
    Actually, there are quite a few Ody builds that work well on a Bort. And there are quite a few Bort builds that an Ody would not be able to support nearly as well.

Either you love or hate the Bortasqu'. I love her. IMO people who flat out *HATE* her just don't know how to fly her. She might not be what you like, but she is certainly effective in the proper hands.

That is besides the point, consider me Disenchanted.

I wish I had found this earlier.

I have been testing the Bortasqu on Tribble lately. I have the 2nd Anniversary one but want to see if the Bortasqu is worth the investment considering I already own the prototype. Haven't done much but so far I am liking the disruptor auto fire, chewed up a few Torg Raptors nicely.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hehe! The Bortasqu is a ton of fun!

I won't say the people who call out her weaknesses are wrong, because they aren't. I find her to be capable in other areas that make up for it. And maybe they exaggerate a hair... =P

There isn't another ship like it. Some come close in some areas but it is a unique mix. She won't handle like other ships and won't thrive under the same conditions. When you get her tuned to doing something she excels at she shines like no other.

And at the very least, when you TRIBBLE it all up you still look BA...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Done Thanks for the Idea
  • Options
    iktankatiktankat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i read this thread, i am newbie in the kdf side... in the game in general... when i reach the lvl of the mission i choose then the title

q'apla
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a massive KDF player and think there is so much potential for the KDF. and as someone who loves Klingons, it's a massive bonus to the faction awesomeness:D consider me Disenchanted! (I still need to get the title though)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    -scrambles into game- Must change title....DOWN WITH CRYPTIC!!!

-cough, cough- Oh right peaceful....ahem.

Edit: Done on 3/4 KDF toons, only reason I didn't change the fourth is because he doesn't have it yet.
  • Options
    hugereddogghugereddogg Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After reading through this thread i am simply amazed at the Unity that Fellow KDF players have shown!!

For that reason, i have not only Changed my Title, I have also Re-Named our Fleet!!

Come Join the Disenchanted - Showing Cryptic that we may be the smallest in number, but by the gods are we the Loudest!!

:D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    but by the gods are we the Loudest!!
    :D
    "With fire and steel did the gods forge the Klingon heart. So fiercely did it beat, so loud was the sound, that the gods cried out, 'On this day we have brought forth the strongest heart in all the heavens. None can stand before it without trembling at its strength.'"

that just seemed oddly appropriate

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.