Install Arc
Options

'Disenchanted' - a polite appeal to KDF players

Comments

• Options
    xsharpexxsharpex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello everyone,

some of you may be aware of the recent decision to axe Fleet Marks as a reward for 'Investigate Officer Reports' - whilst Dan Stahl has stated that alternate ways of earning Fleet Marks will be implemented at some point in the future, that's of little comfort to small (or even large) KDF and Federation fleets right now.

Many in the community are still unsettled by the depth of the cutbacks to Dilithium rewards and the increased emphasis on grind that was introduced with Season 7 and this latest move is seen by myself and others as a further step towards taking freedom of choice as to how to enjoy this game out of the hands of the players.

These issues aside, the KDF as a whole is still in dire need of more content and Dev attention - I won't go into specifics here since we're all aware of where Cryptic/PWE has failed the KDF.

So I have a simple request - Cryptic has inadvertently given the KDF a means to peacefully protest when the Federation has none - the 'Disenchanted' title that's given as a reward for completing the Fek'lhri missions.

I'll be changing the title on both of my KDF characters to Disenchanted until such a time as Cryptic/PWE shows itself to be addressing the concerns of not just the KDF, but the player-base in general and I appeal to all of you that feel the KDF and the game deserves better to do the same.

Thank you for your time :)

lmao! this is amazing. i'm sooo doing this when i log on tomorrow.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Darum, my Nausicaan BG is now Disenchanted as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My Klink'll be Disenchanted...sometime, need to really get around to doing the kdf only missions...

..which mission gives the title?
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey everyone!

Just drinking my first coffee of the day and checking the forums :)

Thank you all so much for your support! I'm going to be in-game in a little while and talking to some fleet leaders to see if I can gain their support - I'll keep you updated here.

More to follow - stay disenchanted!! ;)
    burstorion wrote: »
    ..which mission gives the title?

'The Gates of Gre'thor' - one of the Fek'lhri missions :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    * wonders around DSN rattling a tin cup *

Spare change, Gorn feeling disenchanted here...........with no or little content in my forced Empire citizenship ..............my mate won't speak to me unless I get some cash..............I won't kill you............trust me................my first officer will do a little dance for you..............fine.

* gets out Nokia comm unit *

Come in Dragon Pride..........hang on, I'll move to the second level...........you hear me?..............yeah, no luck...........apart from some kid who thought I was some guy called Barney, that's about it really.........yeah go ahead....change it to disenchanted.............hang on............... just got a gold pressed strip from some guy called Dan......walked pass snickering...........huh?..........yeah, I'll check it......................oh great, wonderful.............it's a FAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!

Thank you so much crashdragon!! Aww - that huckster Dan - don't worry, I've got tons of latinum with nothing to spend it on so I'll give you some of mine :)

I've been speaking with some of my friends in-game and we're continuing to add more 'disenchanted' to the ranks, I'm also working on a manifesto of sorts and planning to transfer all this over to Facebook/Twitter/Wordpress - I'll keep you all posted here!!

*hugs!!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to skip past the boring rehased Devidian stuff to complete the Feklhir arc so I can get this title on my Klink toon.

Imagine that, the community, and not Cryptic, gave me a reason to play with my Klingon toon (aside from using him as a contraband/dilithium "clicky" toon).
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah sure, why not.

How are we going to get the word out there to wider KDF? And how are we going to use it to drive home the point?
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay...I did the barge of the dead and the gates mission...yet I got no Disenchanted..did I miss something?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you purvee and lordagamemnon!!
    purvee1 wrote: »
    Yeah sure, why not.

How are we going to get the word out there to wider KDF? And how are we going to use it to drive home the point?

A little at a time :) if we can get some of the larger fleets on board that'll help but in the meantime, talk to your fellow KDF! If you run an STF with a fellow Klingon, tell them why you're using that title and point them to this thread.

If you PvP, talk to your fellow PvP'ers too - we're doing this for them (Fed and KDF) too :)

Please don't spam things like Zone chat though - we don't want to annoy our fellow players, just solicit their support through conversation, through the forums and soon, through Facebook and Twitter etc.

More info to follow - I'm preparing a draft manifesto which will be available on the Wordpress and Facebook pages - I'll then be looking for feedback from the community so we can shape it into something realistic and reasonable that benefits us all :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    Okay...I did the barge of the dead and the gates mission...yet I got no Disenchanted..did I miss something?

Hmm... it's been a while since I've done the Fek'lhri missions so perhaps you have to complete them all? Hopefully someone else reading this thread can help?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roelandmroelandm Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    done! :) dont amtter though, cryptic dont care, they wouldnt even care if the whole KDF player base left :S
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    roelandm wrote: »
    done! :) dont amtter though, cryptic dont care, they wouldnt even care if the whole KDF player base left :S

Don't be so sure - for one thing, the KDF is the opposition - imagine a STO where as a Fed you never fought alongside KDF in STFs or against them in PvP.

Imagine a STO where travelling through sector space all you encountered was other Federation ships - the KDF add contrast and character to a game that would be sterile and bland without them.

Cryptic says that we're 16% of the player base as if that's a small, irrelevant number - but I wonder how small and irrelevant 16% would feel to them if it was a cut in their salaries? Or an increase in their working hours?

And by their own admission, if STO has '2 million Captains' then surely that's 320,000 KDF Captains? Does that sound small?

But irrespective of how they try to spin the figures and justify a lack of attention to the KDF, remember that our money is just as good as our Federation counterparts ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had an idea.

You can set your display to permantly show the title.

Arange as many captains as you can to be on at one time and get a photogrpah of all these Disenchanted types sanding in the great hall.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    purvee1 wrote: »
    Had an idea.

You can set your display to permantly show the title.

Arange as many captains as you can to be on at one time and get a photogrpah of all these Disenchanted types sanding in the great hall.

lol! you read my mind :) not yet though - when we go to the gaming press ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Btw Kaz, apparently crosslinking is against the rules :(

Cross-linking means (and says, actually) to other PWE sites; cross-linking to other relevant threads within STO's forums is perfectly OK, if it's not done in such a manner as to violate other forum rules (such as spamming, flaming/trolling, etc).

Discussing moderator action, however is, not.

I personally think this link from the other convo was fine, and I also think this is a wonderful method of showing PWE how you feel about the changes.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you so much for the clarification and your kind comments syberghost - both are greatly appreciated :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is done! For I certainly am disenchanted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited February 2013
    What exactly are your goals and/or intentions? i had a quick read but not entirely sure. Wish there was more opinion polls on forums for certain player bases so we can see exactly what their beef is with this game.

I know my top two are "no PvP rewards or as mainstay" and "Fed players" But only one Cryptic can sort out, by fixing other stuff they can sort of help with the other situation.

Forgot to add, peaceful protests aren't my thing personally. I'm quite apathetic towards the idea of Cryptic "listening" when we're being reasonable.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    vitzh wrote: »
    What exactly are your goals and/or intentions? i had a quick read but not entirely sure. Wish there was more opinion polls on forums for certain player bases so we can see exactly what their beef is with this game.

I know my top two are "no PvP rewards or as mainstay" and "Fed players" But only one Cryptic can sort out, by fixing other stuff they can sort of help with the other situation.

Forgot to add, peaceful protests aren't my thing personally. I'm quite apathetic towards the idea of Cryptic "listening" when we're being reasonable.

I'll reply to this in a little while - doing some 'behind-the-scenes' stuff at the moment :)

Annnd: Kaz is on Facebook!!

And Twitter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My newly rolled Klink will join once he's done the missions and the other 2 are being changed now. Even got the one on my wife's account changed too! Good wife. :D

Could get the Feds to go with "soldier of the empire" to show solidarity...
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Followed on FB and Twitter :)
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    My newly rolled Klink will join once he's done the missions and the other 2 are being changed now. Even got the one on my wife's account changed too! Good wife. :D

Could get the Feds to go with "soldier of the empire" to show solidarity...

Oooo! yes!! I like that! Good thinking! :)

*Edit* Now on Wordpress :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is brilliant.

/signed
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im so doing this on my 2 kdf toons but it will have to wait to tomorrow great idear maybe if you not all rdy u should ask pppl on zone at 1st city to do the same :rolleyes:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    im so doing this on my 2 kdf toons but it will have to wait to tomorrow great idear maybe if you not all rdy u should ask pppl on zone at 1st city to do the same :rolleyes:

Thank you redricky and wilbor!

Yes, I may try to gather some people to our cause in Qo'noS but I'd rather not spam zone chat if I can avoid it - appealing to the fleets will be my first move and we'll see where we go from there :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    humm... I'll go ahead and change my main from "The Magnificent Kui" to "the Disenchanted Kui"

on a note. if the faction hadn't been so busted to begin with this recent fleet mark issue wouldn't make a difference. Though the elimination of the wrapper mission with its little smidgen of fleet marks has been the only content thats allowed me to contribute to my fleets starbase progress. My machine is barely spec (my main gaming box died, replacing it is going to have to wait for more income) and multiplayer play is a slide show for me. This pretty much leaves out ALL of the regular missions for earning fleet marks.

I'm willing to belive that Cryptic is working on the long promised KDF content, but this one is decision that shows up a tad short sided when they dont have its "replacement" working yet as they seem to describe/intend. At the same time, a way thasts fairly low pressure to earn fleet marks has been taken away and no reasonable replacement put in its place for those gamers (like myself at present) who end up getting left out in the cold for any number of reasons.

This sounded so nice and no a bad deal when I listen to Danial on the pod cast talking about it. Unfortunatly the real cost to me in game has turned substancial. My fleet contributions that require fleet marks just came to a screaming halt, because I cannot run any of the other missions to get them due to a low end comp. If I cant get 'em through solo play then I'm pretty much stuck dead in space.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you redricky and wilbor!

Yes, I may try to gather some people to our cause in Qo'noS but I'd rather not spam zone chat if I can avoid it - appealing to the fleets will be my first move and we'll see where we go from there :)

ill ask on fleet chat tomorrow im in 3 400+ member fleets so should be able to get some to join in

requst sent to facebook
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm behind this initiative, it's been done on my characters
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I for one would like to see more KDF players using the KDF assistance channel or at least start a new community channel (I started one before I didnt know about the KDF Assistance one, if you're keen to join it send me a PM in game @Bubblygumsworth).

Somewhere we can arrange KFD fleet events (Its hard filling a 20 starbase fleet defence, and now that the fleet marks have been removed from the foundry it will be harder to progress with KDF fleet content imo), kerrat raids or even STFs, PvP or even just to meet up in game in a social zone and headbutt each other over a barrel of bloodwine!

Qapla' fellow warriors!

Heghlu'DI' mobbe'lu'chugh QaQpu' Hegh wanI'
    (Death is an experience best shared)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
This discussion has been closed.