test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Disenchanted' - a polite appeal to KDF players

weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Hello everyone,

some of you may be aware of the recent decision to axe Fleet Marks as a reward for 'Investigate Officer Reports' - whilst Dan Stahl has stated that alternate ways of earning Fleet Marks will be implemented at some point in the future, that's of little comfort to small (or even large) KDF and Federation fleets right now.

Many in the community are still unsettled by the depth of the cutbacks to Dilithium rewards and the increased emphasis on grind that was introduced with Season 7 and this latest move is seen by myself and others as a further step towards taking freedom of choice as to how to enjoy this game out of the hands of the players.

These issues aside, the KDF as a whole is still in dire need of more content and Dev attention - I won't go into specifics here since we're all aware of where Cryptic/PWE has failed the KDF.

So I have a simple request - Cryptic has inadvertently given the KDF a means to peacefully protest when the Federation has none - the 'Disenchanted' title that's given as a reward for completing the Fek'lhri missions.

I'll be changing the title on both of my KDF characters to Disenchanted until such a time as Cryptic/PWE shows itself to be addressing the concerns of not just the KDF, but the player-base in general and I appeal to all of you that feel the KDF and the game deserves better to do the same.

Thank you for your time :)

*Edit* My draft proposal from us to Cryptic - feedback much appreciated - @aegisprime or kdfkaz 'at' gmail.com
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Post edited by weylandjuarez on

Comments

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Done and Done.
    I need a beer.

• tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Done! Q'plah!
    Thank you both for your support!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Done :) *hugs*
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would do this, but I don't play KDF as it is an incomplete faction. Obviously not your fault.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol! it's nowhere near as bad as you might have heard - in fact, there's a lot to love about the KDF and so much unexplored potential - I spend far more time on my KDF characters than I do my Feddie these days - if you decide to try it sometime we'll welcome you with open arms, tales of glory and a toast of bloodwine!

Qapla'!!
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Done :) *hugs*

Thank you!! *hugs!!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Not at all. It's kinda' fun. It's like playing an underdog faction where you need to be creative as hell and put all the braincells to work so you can counter all the new toys thrown at the face of the Feds.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My 9 kdf lovelies might be walking around with a certain title now :o
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
    edited February 2013
    My 9 kdf lovelies might be walking around with a certain title now :o

Thank you so much!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This will be done the next time I actually decide to log in. Which isn't likely soon.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Btw Kaz, apparently crosslinking is against the rules :(
    I need a beer.

• lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What can us Fed players do to show solidarity with our opressed Klingon brothers?
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ..looking at a list of titles on the stowiki

'This Far, No Further' (does require blowing all 10 unimatrix ships from red alert though...)

'Fallen' Receive 500,000 Tetryon Damage with your Ship

There are others but they dont feel right, or might be a tad aggressive :/

(just some ideas, not suggestions ^^;)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
    edited February 2013
    Any efforts you want to make on the Fed side would be greatly appreciated!!

Just refer them back to this thread - I'm going to concentrate my time on the KDF since I spend more time there anyway and honestly, the KDF have had a much harder time of things than the Feds have.

That's not to say that the issues we're discussing don't affect both factions but the removal of the Fleet Marks reward isn't the whole issue, it's just a symptom of Cryptic ignoring what its players want in favour of 'metrics'.

If we're going to appeal to Cryptic for a meaningful dialogue and transparency in its handling of issues that affect the player-base, I think the KDF is the obvious place to start :)

I'm going to be writing to a number of the big KDF fleets to try and get them to support us - wish me luck! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamaharonjamaharon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll bend my bow to your will, sir! You have my blade!
    Hello everyone,

some of you may be aware of the recent decision to axe Fleet Marks as a reward for 'Investigate Officer Reports' - whilst Dan Stahl has stated that alternate ways of earning Fleet Marks will be implemented at some point in the future, that's of little comfort to small (or even large) KDF and Federation fleets right now.

Many in the community are still unsettled by the depth of the cutbacks to Dilithium rewards and the increased emphasis on grind that was introduced with Season 7 and this latest move is seen by myself and others as a further step towards taking freedom of choice as to how to enjoy this game out of the hands of the players.

These issues aside, the KDF as a whole is still in dire need of more content and Dev attention - I won't go into specifics here since we're all aware of where Cryptic/PWE has failed the KDF.

So I have a simple request - Cryptic has inadvertently given the KDF a means to peacefully protest when the Federation has none - the 'Disenchanted' title that's given as a reward for completing the Fek'lhri missions.

I'll be changing the title on both of my KDF characters to Disenchanted until such a time as Cryptic/PWE shows itself to be addressing the concerns of not just the KDF, but the player-base in general and I appeal to all of you that feel the KDF and the game deserves better to do the same.

Thank you for your time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Unlimited In-Game Mail Access" must mean something different to Cryptic than it does to English.
  • jamaharonjamaharon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Weyland, how can I get a hold of you in-game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Unlimited In-Game Mail Access" must mean something different to Cryptic than it does to English.
  • nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2013
    I've been playing STO since launch and I find it very frustrating that the Developers have done so little to bring the KDF up to the same level as the Federation players. I dabble from time to time with a Klingon toon so I see first-hand just how little the Klingon's have in the way of content compared to the Federation side. STO is making a killing on the cost of lockbox key's and needs to take some of it and sink it into creating content for the KDF. You have my support.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Add my name to the rolls of the disenchanted for disenchanted I have been for some time now.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited February 2013
    jamaharon wrote: »
    Weyland, how can I get a hold of you in-game?

@aegisprime - if I'm not on feel free to send me an email :)
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Add my name to the rolls of the disenchanted for disenchanted I have been for some time now.

I've read many of your posts and they've always communicated so well your frustration with Cryptic and the state of the KDF, but also the hopes you have for things to get better - thank you so much for your support!!

And thank you too nassiris!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the next time i log into my KDF toon it shall be done

FOR THE EMPIRE!!!
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    edited February 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    the next time i log into my KDF toon it shall be done

FOR THE EMPIRE!!!

tlhIngan maH!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Disenchanted horror (that's my current kdf main).
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Done and done.
  • magnumstarmagnumstar Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is a great idea, count me in.
    edited February 2013
    Thank you so much pokersmith, bumble and magnumstar!!

I'm going to post some more thoughts here tomorrow (it's getting late) but in the meantime, please point this thread out to your friends and fleet-mates to help spread the word!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • husserehussere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Done and done
    A Disenchanted player
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ..looking at a list of titles on the stowiki

'This Far, No Further' (does require blowing all 10 unimatrix ships from red alert though...)

Aha, so that's what I got for completing that! Changed my fed main's title in support!

Oh yeah, and dont let the lack of a complete faction keep you from trying kdf side... there's *some* unique content there, and it's definitely worth playing. 8)
    I'm in with my 3 characters, I'll try to get the missus to do it as well (unlikely though, she rarely plays KDF as it is, and I think she may give up on the game entirely after the recent changes that show utter disregard for the feelings of the community at large).
    What can us Fed players do to show solidarity with our opressed Klingon brothers?

Get a KDF character if you don't already have one.
    Recruit Fed-only players to the KDF.
    Add something to your forum sig.
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will most definitely do this as soon as I get from work in the morning... Great idea to put it on Fed characters too... This is an excellent idea...
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll do this when I get home.

*Queues Klingon drinking song*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
This discussion has been closed.