Install Arc
Options

'Disenchanted' - a polite appeal to KDF players

Comments

• Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I'm working on the accolade right now. I will join the protest. What about a peaceful march? :)

I'm lazy, how about a sit-in? :)
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I'm working on the accolade right now. I will join the protest. What about a peaceful march? :)

Thank you diogene and warbird! Maybe not a march, but definitely a gathering in Qo'noS soon!!
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That wasn't an Opinion, it was a put down of disable childern.

And I didn't flag his post or anything, it was the mods decision to delete the post, not mine.

He can still make his point without being mean to disabled kids.
  • Options
    xilradaxilrada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would do it, but the game doesn't seem to want to give me the disenchanted title even after doing the whole quest line... so I shall wear intern instead.
    Ali'kshash in STO. Marauding Gorn Science.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree the KDF neeeds work. Here are some quotes and promises that they said and never came or postponed far dates later.

Go Here: http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrine_Falcon#The_History_Of_The_Klingon_Empire_With_Cryptic_Studios
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sorry. If this was just about the lame state of the KDF in the light of a possible new Romulan faction, I'd be behind it. I'd like to do more than just farming for my Feds with my KDF officer. And I really don't want a pointy eared version of the same thing.

But I find the motivation behind it... Lets be polite and call it "lacking substance".

Good luck to you all. I'm sure you'll be able to get those console clickies back the very next day.
    <3
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well if anyone wants someone to team up for the accolade/title hit me up in game, I already have the title but I'll be happy to tag along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey cmdrskyfaller :)

If I write to a bunch of gaming websites and say 'hey, the KDF aren't happy and they're complaining on the forums in STO' that's not a story.

If I write and show them a pic of 100 of Qo'noS finest all proudly wearing their 'disenchanted' titles in solidarity in the grand hall then that's something they can cover.

Media is visual - people get hooked into the imagery and that pulls them into the story.

And all revolutions start small :)

I can but try - will you help?

If their metrics say KDF is a small portion they won't allocate resources to it to begin with. You think a 'protest' is some sort of bad publicity? There is no such thing as bad publicity. A protest plastered on gaming sites will only bring new players.

..which will start as Fed and not figure out or understand what the complaining is about until a month later. In the meantime, their being Fed new characters adds to the metrics showing Fed is the largest chunk of players!

See how this idiotic metric is self-feeding? :)

I'll say it again. Delete your fed toons. Do the protest at the same time if you want. But it will be the drop in fed metrics that will get you the attention from a company that for 3+ years has shown in word and action they dont give a TRIBBLE about the KDF faction because its such a small % of the playerbase.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will add title to KDF player immediately.

And also, isn't it frowned upon to protest? At least in this game (for whatever reason)?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm with you.

I only play one KDF and one FED. I won't play the KDF episodes because of black screen bug. What I can and will do is change the names of my ships to "Disenchanted." I suggest others who cannot earn the title do the same.

This may have been recommended by someone else by now. I didn't read the whole thread yet.
  • Options
    husserehussere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm with you.

I only play one KDF and one FED. I won't play the KDF episodes because of black screen bug. What I can and will do is change the names of my ships to "Disenchanted." I suggest others who cannot earn the title do the same.

This may have been recommended by someone else by now. I didn't read the whole thread yet.

This is a very good idea !

I got KDF toons here that havent done episodes yet, and fed toons taht would use the title but can't.

My feds and KDF ships are going to be named Disenchanted !
    A Disenchanted player
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Two things I would like to add/point out:

1. Just imagine a large fleet of ships all named Disenchanted then remember back to those episodes of DS9 that displayed huge Fed and KDF fleets.

2. I believe that we should not discount all the hard work that the developers have already done on the Big May Update (henceforth referred to as the BMU). I have no doubt that they have been busting their respective butts to get that done and I think it best that we realize this. That being the case the BMU could very well go live and leave us in greater disappointment than now, even if our appeal is agreed to. Perhaps it would be best to take it upon ourselves to make that concession sooner rather than later. The developers work as hard as any of us and they should be respected for their efforts even if we find the results lacking. I'm suggesting that we start from a basis of mutual respect in this endeavor and then let their actions from that point onward dictate the increase or decrease of said respect.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Two things I would like to add/point out:

1. Just imagine a large fleet of ships all named Disenchanted then remember back to those episodes of DS9 that displayed huge Fed and KDF fleets.

2. I believe that we should not discount all the hard work that the developers have already done on the Big May Update (henceforth referred to as the BMU). I have no doubt that they have been busting their respective butts to get that done and I think it best that we realize this. That being the case the BMU could very well go live and leave us in greater disappointment than now, even if our appeal is agreed to. Perhaps it would be best to take it upon ourselves to make that concession sooner rather than later. The developers work as hard as any of us and they should be respected for their efforts even if we find the results lacking. I'm suggesting that we start from a basis of mutual respect in this endeavor and then let their actions from that point onward dictate the increase or decrease of said respect.

The 'Disenchanted' fleet is a wonderful idea! I'll change all my ship names accordingly :)

I don't want anyone to feel obliged to do this though since people love their ships and the names they give them - the title seemed the simplest way of getting our message across.

This does give the Federation players an opportunity to show their support though so to anyone that joins us, thank you!! :)

Regarding being appreciative of the Devs efforts - of course we are. They go into work every day and work (probably) long hours to grow this game, add new ships, new worlds and new things for us to do.

With something like the May update, I suspect the die has already been cast but what this campaign wants to achieve is Cryptic genuinely listening to the player-base's concerns and acting on them - and for May, that means taking note of the feedback from Tribble and changing their plans/systems accordingly.

Season 7 was disastrous because all its faults were identified and pointed out to the Devs well ahead of its release - and all these suggestions - all these hours spent testing the game for free for the benefit of the Devs and other players were wasted and ignored.

Aside from testing/feedback - we need more Community Managers. Brandon does a great job but there's two factions in this game, both with their own unique content and issues - there's also a PvP community that's desperately in need of attention for it to grow and flourish.

Each of these areas needs a dedicated Community Rep and more than that, needs a Dev assigned specifically to issues affecting that area. The KDF have been very patient - and we'll continue to be patient and supportive if we see things that affect us every day slowly getting fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    himble42himble42 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Done on my Klink toon.

My favourite Fed title is Moist... if I could find a way to make it relevant to this....
    Himble_zps0106667a.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The greatest actions that have shaped history have always been done by the one, with the help of a few or many. All it needs is a single protest to get it rolling.

Be it real life or cyberspace.

Let's not get above ourselves - we're dealing with First-World Problems here ;)

But the sentiment is true - we're as powerless as we choose to be.

Thank you everyone that's joined our cause or just posted their feedback!! Please keep this campaign moving by talking to your friends and fleet-mates :)

*Edit* U.S.S. Damocles, I.K.S. Gorig and the I.K.S. Asimov are all now 'Disenchanted' :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I read now this thread in aprox 4 hours I am in my home... i will change the name ships for my 6 fed toon and the title and name ships for my 16 kdf toons

I want for all check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

I hope that link no was a problem with the rules

Qapla'
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tarsudo wrote: »
    I read now this thread in aprox 4 hours I am in my home... i will change the name ships for my 6 fed toon and the title and name ships for my 16 kdf toons

I want for all check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

I hope that link no was a problem with the rules

Qapla'

Thank you tarsudo!! Links to stuff like youtube videos are fine :)

Qapla'!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just as soon as Lothar Ofthe Hillpeople, commander of the good ship SNL's Revenge, completes that quest I'll change his title.
  • Options
    tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you tarsudo!! Links to stuff like youtube videos are fine :)

Qapla'!!!

I post in the web of my Fleet, here is the link if you wish post too: http://www.flotahispana.com/index.php/foros/the-embassy

Qapla'
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you hiplyrustic - and you too tarsudo - thank you for bringing it to the attention of your fleet!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Renamed my ship to I.K.S. The Disenchanted :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you so much bubblygumsworth!!

The adding of Fleet Marks to the Tribble build is a welcome change but the issue of communication between Cryptic and their customers still needs to be addressed.

It shouldn't take an angry, 2000-post thread to get something like this discussed - far better to be open with the community about proposed changes before they're implemented so you can take their feedback into account.

If as a player, you feel that more transparent communication between the Devs and the community can only benefit this game, please consider joining us in showing your 'disenchantment' :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    husserehussere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My ships are now 'Disenchanted' as well !
    A Disenchanted player
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i won't be putting the disenchanted title on any of my KDF, because the ones they already have, they have for a reason, but i'll throw in my support all the same

the KDF does desperately need some TLC (Tender Loving Care/Content; take your pick) from the devs, and their PR practices also need a good looking at and revisment while they still have a public with which to have relations
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    dertylondertylon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Done & done on both my kdf toons
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you dertylon, shadowfang and hussere!!

Dan has posted an apology in the Fleet Marks thread which makes interesting reading.

Whilst the apology is welcome to some (personally, I don't feel he needed to apologise, he needed to explain) it still doesn't address the issue of communication between the Devs and the player-base and gives no indication that Dan or Cryptic intends to address this.

Essentially, Cryptic is working in a vacuum, using only their metrics to guide them on the largest update this game has seen. Staff are working long hours, some of it, it seems unpaid - and yet, whatever it is they intend to deliver in May, it'll be without any feedback from the community until it's on Tribble.

And we all saw how that went with Season 7.

I don't want to see the Devs efforts belittled or ignored in a storm of protest when Season 8 goes live because of choices made that unfairly impact the players - but as with Season 7, that's exactly what will happen if feedback and opinion is ignored.

If you'd like greater transparency and communication between the players and the developers of this game whose salaries you pay, please make your voice heard by joining the Disenchanted. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I sign as well with S'kaa, Ssegashham, Colonist, Mirror of S'kaa, and My Fersean (5 KDF) On This. Please, read this history of the Empire at my link below. You can know more from it.
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    portgazdportgazd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yep, all 3 of my kdf toons are Disenchanted. Power to the Empire!

also changed my signature to have Disenchanted
    Vice-Chancellor of Federation Fleet Directive 010

DISENCHANTED
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I support the sentiment, but believe this to be a bad idea. The nature of this thread is that of wanting CHANGE. Change necessarily increases entropy, for the entropy of a closed system must always increase. CHANGE IS BAD.

Let us not forget the lessons of S7 so quickly. People thought that the system of random proto drops was bad. They wanted it CHANGED, and they got it: Now there is not a single thing you can actually have without paying an arm and a leg for.

The KDF's present state may not be ideal, but it could be worse...and if you get it changed, it WILL be.

CHANGE IS BAD: OPPOSE CHANGE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.