test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• warbird001warbird001 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I gave up on trying to make Cryptic listen, the problem is... as an American company, they are not subject to the same laws as UK companies.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    warbird001 wrote: »
    Its sad, 189 pages of posts and ignored completely by the Devs... They honestly don't care so lets just give up and go do something else. This is a lost cause.

that attitude is the wrong answer, not trying to be harsh on you but we need to make a stand so we get the game that we wanted really see. As I have stated I've been here from the get go, I love Star Trek, I believe in Gene Roddenberry's dream. I had the year by year sub back when they had it and loved it then.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kyuui13 wrote: »
    It doesn't fit in my metrics right now....

Sorry guys. My metrics are what I go by.

I am so so tempted to steal this for my sig :D

May I?
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    captw wrote: »
    that attitude is the wrong answer, not trying to be harsh on you but we need to make a stand so we get the game that we wanted really see. As I have stated I've been here from the get go, I love Star Trek, I believe in Gene Roddenberry's dream. I had the year by year sub back when they had it and loved it then.

I've been doing that since the start and all I get is called a "TROLL"
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely 1000% agreed. If I was happy with the state of affairs I would be playing. Don't misunderstand. I'm not apologizing for anything Cryptic has done in this. They are dead wrong and it needs to be addressed. Period. My point is simply speculating on the financial health of the company is pointless.

But wether the company is in finacial is okay. but them losing revnue should make them notice. So far we haven't seen them do any to correct it but rather mess with things that are okay and now are gone. Great example is Tholian Red Alert. It's broke, you can't play it and rather than fix that they eliminate fleet marks in foundry. now which should have priority
    edited February 2013

hey, if you want to give up then fine. Plenty more brassed off players around here.
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    hey, if you want to give up then fine. Plenty more brassed off players around here.

The problem is, even if Cryptic does resolve this... so much has to be done to repair the game and public faith in Cryptic... I dunno if its possible? Is it?
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013

all I can say man is don't give up, keep up the good fight.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's now 190 pages and close to 1900 posts, not including that 75 page thread that was closed, nor the Klingon and Federation in game protest pages.

Now is not the time to be defeatist, nor is it time to turn against each other. Only a strong united front will show we aren't going to lay down anymore.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The problem is, even if Cryptic does resolve this... so much has to be done to repair the game and public faith in Cryptic... I dunno if its possible? Is it?

So, you give up...good for you, hope you sleep better now, yada yada. In the meantime, is it really necessary to talk the rest of us into your defeatist attitude? :)
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013

It certainly isn't if we do what you propose.
    NOTHING VENTURED = NOTHING GAINED.
    I need a beer.

• jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Its sad, 189 pages of posts and ignored completely by the Devs... They honestly don't care so lets just give up and go do something else. This is a lost cause.

The initial post was on a Thursday. Stahl posted a second time later that day. Brandon posted letting us know feedback was continuously being collected on a weekend, Saturday IIRC. Today is Monday; the people capable of making decisions just got back to work today and doubtless have a massive pile of feedback, both intelligent and otherwise, to look through.

Tuesday. Tomorrow. If we don't get a reply by the end of the day Tuesday, then whine about being ignored. Believe it or not, it takes time to consider responses and possible solutions.
    edited February 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    The initial post was on a Thursday. Stahl posted a second time later that day. Brandon posted letting us know feedback was continuously being collected on a weekend, Saturday IIRC. Today is Monday; the people capable of making decisions just got back to work today and doubtless have a massive pile of feedback, both intelligent and otherwise, to look through.

Tuesday. Tomorrow. If we don't get a reply by the end of the day Tuesday, then whine about being ignored. Believe it or not, it takes time to consider responses and possible solutions.

They have to take metrics first:rolleyes:
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »

Monday was a holiday here in the US, I might give it until early Wednesday.
    edited February 2013
    It's now 190 pages and close to 1900 posts, not including that 75 page thread that was closed, nor the Klingon and Federation in game protest pages.

Now is not the time to be defeatist, nor is it time to turn against each other. Only a strong united front will show we aren't going to lay down anymore.

Yes, you are right, the Federations and the KDF need to act as one! We should be united in this cause and make Cryptic listen!

I am sorry for being so defeatist and I fully support revolutionary action.
    edited February 2013
    Yes, you are right, the Federations and the KDF need to act as one! We should be united in this cause and make Cryptic listen!

Hear hear, that's more like it :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    squatsauce wrote: »
    I don't think anything's being ignored. Silence is usually preferable from a RP standpoint than a hasty conciliatory announcement that subsequently must be overturned.

Pulling fleet marks off the foundry missions wasn't the problem. The problem was that whole lot of otherwise content players were effectively told that the would need to now spend several more man-months in order to get their fleet bases up to snuff and buying keen fleet gear would take even more time.

I'm fairly certain that there's a potential solution in there, but the fact that it wasn't implemented at the same time that FMs were pulled from the Foundry says that someone somewhere's grasp of scheduling could probably use some work.

Exactly the point... the thread has turned into a last straw over many things but it all could have been handled differently to begin with. Now it's time at least restore some confidence and put the marks back in game somewhere under similarly timed missions until such time they have a more permanent solution to implement. It's been this way for 6 months whats 3 more? Let this be the motivation to get your changes in game sooner.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    incidentally... now you know why alot of STO players have jumped ship to The Old Replublic

What? I don't think I've heard of anyone moving over.

Also I play both.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bermanator wrote: »
    I think this is a great option. Cryptic has said that people would abuse this power and progress a small fleet really quickly so they can get the larger starbase/rewards and then invite everybody back in, and now you have a large T5 fleet in half the time (which isn't fair).

Here's another easy way to solve the exploit: scale the provisioning project. So a fleet of 25 might have to put only a fraction of the resources in to build up their starbase, but they also only get a fraction of the assets from their provisioning projects. So it doesn't do you any good to kick everyone out of your fleet, build up to T5, then invite everyone back, because you'll be stuck with a starbase that provides only a trickle of provisioned assets.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited February 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »

Also I play both.

I swapped over to TOR and I honestly had a blast. I like both games... STO has better space combat but less immersible atmosphere.
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am so so tempted to steal this for my sig :D

May I?

I would be honored to be a sig Glad it means that much to you. :)
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got a partial tax return today. I was very tempted to spend some of it on Zen as my KDF fleet is in dire need of some dilithium, but I cannot do it. I cannot support a game that time and time again goes in the opposite direction that the players want. I'm tired of broken promises, and bone head moves based on "metrics". Make a fun engaging game, and there wouldn't be a need for people exploiting, or not as many would feel the need to do it!

While this was originally just about FM in IOR, it has turned into so much more. It's about not listening to your player base, it's about requiring us to play limited, poorly designed missions repeatedly in order to feel a sense of progress in the game. It's sneaking and not communicating game changes that affect every player. Its about taking something away and not replacing it, and then telling us it'll happen in a few months. This company used to be transparent with updates and what it was working on. While it may have bit them from time to time when they couldn't deliver, it was so much better than the cloak and dagger that we have now. We used to feel like a community who could have actual dialog with the devs about where we are going, what we need to do to get there, and what we think about it along the way. Now we're nothing but numbers on a spreadsheet. Its sickening the change this game has taken in just over a year.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

*Gives a knowing nod*
    I know your game, you've had ?5 on this not getting to 200.
    *Hands out some sandwiches to keep everyone's sugar levels up.*
    Keep it up lads and lasses. Sorry those of you who are veggies, they are BEEF apparently which probably means HORSE I suppose....mis-selling and wrongly labeling things
    .....which brings us back on topic I guess.
  • bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Here's another easy way to solve the exploit: scale the provisioning project. So a fleet of 25 might have to put only a fraction of the resources in to build up their starbase, but they also only get a fraction of the assets from their provisioning projects. So it doesn't do you any good to kick everyone out of your fleet, build up to T5, then invite everyone back, because you'll be stuck with a starbase that provides only a trickle of provisioned assets.

If you're saying what I think you're saying: you only get some Mk XII items at first and then slowly get the others with the other tiers, then I'd be fine with that. I'm not sure what would be easier from a development standpoint, so that'd be up to Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »

Also I play both.

Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Tree in the forest argument? It happens, I know of one person, who has. That is just one person to 1 game, Me, I'm spending more time in WoW now, and brought a friend over from STO. thats now 3. See?

From what I've seen from my private chat, is more folks aren't in game, they're either using outside chat channels to talk into the game or playing other ones.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    tis a shame that this game has come to such disarray but lordagamerob5 is quite correct... the governence of this game is now equal to the Obama administration in the US but on a corporate front. as a startrek fan i can safely say we should unite against this as "we the people" pay for this game.

however when the needs of the ONE "the game company in this case" outweighs the "needs of the many" the gamers who pay either through the store or via subscriptions and we have capitchulate to the will of the state" (in this case perfect world).. it deminishes us all collectavly....

GENE RODDENBERRY if he saw this would turn in his grave.!!! and i dont mean the outcry from the players.. i mean the fact it (no matter what) falls on deaf ears!
    edited February 2013
    jam062307 wrote: »
    I got a partial tax return today. I was very tempted to spend some of it on Zen as my KDF fleet is in dire need of some dilithium, but I cannot do it. *snip*

Why would you, they keep raising the bar anyway. If you could trust on requirements being the same or possibly lowered, it could be usefull. But since they slow us down in other ways if we get too close, the whole point of buying resources gets nullified...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    GENE RODDENBERRY if he saw this would turn in his grave.!!! and i dont mean the outcry from the players.. i mean the fact it (no matter what) falls on deaf ears!

I don't think he would turn in his grave.

1) He was cremated :D

2) He was a business man like any other. Hell, he even wrote lyrics to Star Trek's main theme just so he could cash in on the loyalties. Kind of sounds like something Cryptic/PWE would do.
  • terminationshockterminationshock Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tis a shame that this game has come to such disarray but lordagamerob5 is quite correct... the governence of this game is now equal to the Obama administration in the US but on a corporate front. as a startrek fan i can safely say we should unite against this as "we the people" pay for this game.

however when the needs of the ONE "the game company in this case" outweighs the "needs of the many" the gamers who pay either through the store or via subscriptions and we have capitchulate to the will of the state" (in this case perfect world).. it deminishes us all collectavly....

:rolleyes:
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't think he would turn in his grave.

1) He was cremated :D

2) He was a business man like any other. Hell, he even wrote lyrics to Star Trek's main theme just so he could cash in on the loyalties. Kind of sounds like something Cryptic/PWE would do.

Do you think Cryptic has a solid understanding of business management?

I think they have some strong technical understanding of their field but I don't know that translates into strong business management and I think they look at metrics as game designers, not marketing or management specialists.

And even then, I'll lodge some doubts about entirely numbers based business management. Nobody can predict the stock market at a rate of what...? 10% better than random? At best, management informed by and concerned with numeric modeling is an unimpressive but safe way to operate if you stick to making unimpressive and safe decisions.

However, if you find your decisions rock the boat, you either need to scale back those decisions or start basing them on strong qualitative principles or information.
This discussion has been closed.