test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Foundry/ Fleet Mark Reward Changes

psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
It's in the Tribble patch notes but because it is important and easily missed I'm posting about it here:

There will be no Fleet Marks awarded for foundry missions with the daily being completely replaced. Also:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.13

General:
  • The Foundry daily missions have been replaced.
  • The existing daily missions have been removed.
  • Now, all qualifying Foundry missions will automatically reward a scaling amount of Dilithium and skill points/expertise.
  • Dilithium will be rewarded based on the average playtime of the mission.
  • All spotlight missions will reward the same as a qualifying mission, with two exceptions.
  • Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a bonus 1440 Dilithium.
  • Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a scaling amount of Energy Credits, based on the player's level.

Discuss!
Post edited by psymantis on

Comments

• ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well that takes the TRIBBLE. The IORs was the best way to get FMs. The fleet events suck.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Spotlight missions, and only spotlight missions. Nice.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    It's in the Tribble patch notes but because it is important and easily missed I'm posting about it here:

There will be no Fleet Marks awarded for foundry missions with the daily being completely replaced. Also:

Discuss!

Hmm. Wonder if this part:
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20130128a.13

General:
    • The Foundry daily missions have been replaced.
    • The existing daily missions have been removed.

...means they've been replaced with the rest, or there will be a new daily for fleet marks. It certainly seems to imply the former. :(
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The fleet mark loss is much, much worse than the Dil. Dilithium is so easy to get it's not even funny watching people complain about that. Hell with a half decent DOFF crew you can cap 8K a day on just DOFF, assuming you run the "turn in contraband" once a day. If you run the academy event like me for a week, you end up with a literal 32K backlog of unrefined ore. Dil is everywhere.

The fleet marks on the other hand... what exactly is the other good source supposed to be? That's a terrible change.

There had better be some serious reductions to the costs of fleet projects coming.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In principle I like scaling rewards an I think that it is ultimately the right way to have rewards, but I do want to see how they scale out before I comment further. what's the max, what's the minimum etc.

fleet marks going is a pain, but if they are looking to increase the output on other missions to compensate then i would be ok with that, but at the present time they have not indicated that, so i think that might be a bad move as it stands.

its not going to make fleets get built any faster, and its never good to take away rewards. again ill wait a little longer to see how it plays out. i dont think this is the end of the changes.

extra rewards for the spotlight is good.

at the moment its a mixed bag and I need to see and hear more.
  • bryguy#1741 bryguy Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I guess I'm done with the foundry. It was my primary source of fleet marks, same with my fleetmates.

It's just beyond sad that a certain element with a complex had to go ruin things for everyone else. I'm done with the story missions too as the only thing I can do now is grind out fleet events for marks.

This wouldn't be nearly as horrible if fleet marks were left attached as a reward, or even an option for reward.
    Thank you for the T6 Galaxy Class. - I support Tovan Khev. - Please bring back the exploration missions.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's just beyond sad that a certain element with an entitlement complex had to go ruin things for everyone else. I'm done with the story missions too as the only thing I can do now is grind out fleet events for marks.

Which Foundry author asked that fleet marks be removed? I missed that post.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundy for me will be completely useless. And who's idea was this at Cryptic?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In principle I like scaling rewards an I think that it is ultimately the right way to have rewards, but I do want to see how they scale out before I comment further. what's the max, what's the minimum etc.

Means we'll have to sit thru hours long missions from those RP writers who will insist we read their 10,000 word text filled boxes to get our measly 1400 dilith.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Obviously we were getting fleet marks faster than they wanted us to (Tier 5 in 2015, yay!), and the wrong way (soloing Foundry missions rather than grinding out fleet events).
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Needs a scaling Fleet Marks reward in intervals of 10, maxing out at 80 for those 2+ hour some people feel are necessary to make.

Ideally, half an hour would scale out to 50 or so, so it balances out.
  • fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Which Foundry author asked that fleet marks be removed? I missed that post.

Do you want me to answer that? They asked for EVERYTHING to be removed. There are a great many posts I can quote.
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well Cryptic made the architect in CoH which Paragon nerfed after Cryptic left, and that didn't work out well. I guess I won't buy neverwinter since that means they'll plan ahead to make that games foundry useless too. I honestly don't care about spotlight missions anyway. tired of my vulcan feeling emotion or my tactical officers being frightened or in love with characters they created. The only good thing about this thread is you saved me and my friends $199 each on the Neverwinter founders pack.

I'm not grinding out anything in this. I got a life.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like the idea of scaling rewards, but they probably should have left Fleet Marks in. I'll see how this works out in-game before commenting further.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is how the foundry missions should have been designed in the first place, to scale based upon average play time. This is how I suggested they do it over a year ago.

The only bummer for me is the removal of fleet marks. I hope that they consider placing in a scaling fleet mark reward as well.

There are some truly fantastic foundry missions out there and I am glad people will be encouraged to play those rather than some quick-fire exploit mission.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Hmm. Wonder if this part:

...means they've been replaced with the rest, or there will be a new daily for fleet marks. It certainly seems to imply the former. :(
    I suspect it's temporary while they evaluate whether their scaled rewards code works properly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fourxgamer wrote: »
    Do you want me to answer that? They asked for EVERYTHING to be removed. There are a great many posts I can quote.

By "They", you mean like two people.

And what's wrong with Cryptic saying, "The Foundry is for fanfic"?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Needs a scaling Fleet Marks reward in intervals of 10, maxing out at 80 for those 2+ hour some people feel are necessary to make.

Ideally, half an hour would scale out to 50 or so, so it balances out.
    It's not like I TRIED to make a 2 hour mission.... I just kept adding stuff.... over and over.... hehe.... I don't really try to plan the length of my missions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well Cryptic made the architect in CoH which Paragon nerfed after Cryptic left, and that didn't work out well. I guess I won't buy neverwinter since that means they'll plan ahead to make that games foundry useless too. I honestly don't care about spotlight missions anyway. tired of my vulcan feeling emotion or my tactical officers being frightened or in love with characters they created. The only good thing about this thread is you saved me and my friends $199 each on the Neverwinter founders pack.

I'm not grinding out anything in this. I got a life.

Architect was made entirely after Cryptic left, as far as I know. It wasn't even announced until nearly six months after Cryptic left CoH.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    LOL CS.

I see a new renaissance for AFK grinders.

Time scaled rewards indeed.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hope they (Cryptic) will keep fleet mark earning scaled. With high amount of fleet mark requirement, it is silly to remove a "solo" player from earning fleet mark.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How about before you take away one of the best ways to get fleet marks you give us a new way to earn them. Those of us who have been around this game for some time, you know the ones you make all your money off of, are board out of our skulls with grinding the 2 ground and 3 space missions you have given us for fleet marks. We have been doing the same missions over and over and over again for 8 MONTHS. Its not like these missions are challenging or interesting like STFs, they are basic missions that anyone can easily beat. How about adding elite versions that are more difficult but reward more marks, something to atleast make things more interesting.

I hope these "scaling" dilithium rewards are inline with what we get now, 960 for a 15-20min mission and more if the mission is longer. If not then you have yet again done more harm to the sto economy by reducing the dilithium supply in the market place while the demand is ever increasing.

All this to appease a small minority of foundry authors who complained about there story missions not getting played enough. Good job, anger the majority to appease a small minority.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is how the foundry missions should have been designed in the first place, to scale based upon average play time. This is how I suggested they do it over a year ago.

Are they going to add real dialogue trees that function as a true game mechanic that influence what happens instead of the current "You know, you've probably noticed just jamming F repeatedly produced the exact same in game result as careful reading by now" that we currently have? Because unless they're making dialogue a working game mechanic, this is a case of putting the cart before the horse.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what a shame..my finger was just about to click my mouse to become a founder of "you know" ...but this new input via my visual cortex stopped the movement..again: a shame
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In the Tribble Release Notes thread, BranFlakes stated that fleet marks are intended for specific fleet and group activities.

Since they're pushing people to play STF's maybe those should grant FM's too. But I'm not a big fan of this idea that we should be forced to grind specific content when there's other stuff we'd rather be doing.

At this point, I think they should simply get rid of fleet marks altogether and just use Dilithium instead.

Let us decide how we want to play and where we want to spend our Dilithium.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are they going to add real dialogue trees that function as a true game mechanic that influence what happens instead of the current "You know, you've probably noticed just jamming F repeatedly produced the exact same in game result as careful reading by now" that we currently have? Because unless they're making dialogue a working game mechanic, this is a case of putting the cart before the horse.

Yes, there will always be players who will try to play through a mission faster than the average player, the same as for Cryptic-designed missions.
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kinda of sad that fleet marks cant be got with the foundry daily anymore especially after this.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5593791&postcount=2
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kind of saw this coming when I replied in a Foundry thread a while back. A handful of authors getting their feelings hurt because no one would play their stories.

In escense, "You will play my overly wordy mission or else!"

Another attempt to "legislate morality" and dictate to players how they will spend their hard earned free time.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If this change is implemented and this grind becomes even 1 fm or dil worse, I promise to cancel my 3 month sub and go back to F2P and to spend no cash on the game until the changes are reverted or unless something else is introduced to make the grind easier.

I urge all to do the same.

The daily as it is right now is one of the best ways to grind FM and dil for all these T5 projects. Stop TRIBBLE up the already repressive grind.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    I see a new renaissance for AFK grinders.

You've got a point. Although, they still have to complete the mission.

What just occurred to me, though, is that there is now a reason to queue up for PVE that rewards fleet marks and then AFK.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.