test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let me know if I'm just that oblivious

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
Currently DLing the beta client from fileplanet. Have been since last night probably around 12ish EST. So its been around 9 hours and I dont even have a gig DLed. I'm on the highest DSL offered here and I dont usually have this problems with it but the DL keeps jumping up to about 50-60 KB/sec, stops, and then drops to 0 KB/sec. Then it all repeats. I'm really not tech savvy at all so can anyone can tell me what might be wrong or if I'm just ignorant and its supposed to take this long.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The FilePlanet servers are being hammered at the moment. A huge amount of people who pre-ordered from places that don't give their own downloads (Game, Play, Amazon etc etc.) are all trying to download the client at the same time, and thus the speed that you receive is greatly reduced. You're either going to have to sit tight and wait for it to finish, or try out the torrent on the Downloads page.
    edited January 2010
    I had the same issue. I began my Fileplanet download around 9a last night, went to bed. Got back on my computer this morning at 8a....download was at 7%! WTF! :mad:

So, I stopped the download and clicked the 'Download Maxium Speed' button again. It found another mirror and now its blazing at 300kb/sec consistently! :D

I will be late for open beta, but at least I'm at 10% download in 40 minutes right now vs 7% in 11 hours this morning!

So, you may want to simply stop that download and ask the 'button' to find a better mirror. You'll see right away if the new mirror works better by noticing if the blue meter remains consistent vs. going up and down like a roller coaster.

Hope this helps...at this point you're going to be late for open bate anyway it goes. The question now is, late by how much?
    edited January 2010
    I've read that the torrent is much faster and that I can share it once done to help other players but when I click on it I get a wall of code. Is the link broken or am I still the dumbest guy on this thread?