test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Foundry/ Fleet Mark Reward Changes

Comments

• zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ryeknow wrote: »

It was also a big source of my fleets FM earnings too since Cryptics fleet events and Nuke are worth less than scratching my balls.

Yea if they take the rewards away from the Foundry I'm hoping they "replace" these lost fleet marks in the fleet actions
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    should i assume that fleet marks from fleet events will increase?
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was hoping if they'd do this that they would enhance the volume you get from Fleet Alert and the like, ah well :(
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    Yea if they take the rewards away from the Foundry I'm hoping they "replace" these lost fleet marks in the fleet actions

That is nothow nerfing works.

Thisis the punishment that many ofthe elitists wanted. Ihope they are happy withthe results.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Another brilliant idea of Mr. Brandon, remove fleet marks rewards! Let?s force all player kill rabbits in end of game
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Very sad. Not sure how I'm going to manage to accumulate Fleet Marks going forward when I'm soloing most of the time, if I can't play the content I like to play.

Any chance the CXP->FM DOFF assignment can be adjusted to reward better accordingly?
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Guys, I'm sure they will listen to your feedback on FMs. But it makes perfect sense that they belong to things that you're supposed to do as fleets.

They don't belong to the Foundry, but maybe Cryptic will increase the alternative ways to reward them, like with Fleet Actions.

What would be extra cool is if your fleets got bonus FMs for actually playing a FvE event as a fleet.
    arristid wrote: »
    Ok so Brandon why would I be interested in the foundry at all if there are no fleet marks, being that was the only reason I did foundry missions in the first place. It is very clear that you guys are trying to make STO better but most of the things you are doing like this only TRIBBLE long time players off because we have to grind the game more in a manner that is not very fun and extremely repetative. As a whole the entire Star Trek fan comunity that plays this game wants to have fun but taking away Fleet Marks from these missions is not the thing to do if anything we need more Fleet Marks for completeing Fleet events and alot more Romulan Marks for the Romulan events as neither is really worth the time it takes to do them for the return. So in a nutshell my question is how does this make the game more fun to play as Im already a lifetime subscriber why should I continue to spend money to buy Zen for a game that is constantly changing aka nerfing its equipment that many of us already spent time and money to acquire.
    Im trying to be as constructive as I can with this because I really do enjoy playing alot of this game but some of it is just too much like the Spheres in the STFs being more powerful than Cubes that doesnt even make sense considering that they are a support craft for it. But theres one thing in all of this that comes to mind "If it isnt broke dont try to fix it" you have plenty of players already playing the game and more are coming every day this isnt a question of that to be concerned about what to think about is if we change all these things at some point its going to make the game less appealing to return players and that will start to really hurt in the wallet.
    We are all playing this game to have fun not to have more work to do in a game by having to spend hours doing resource grinds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is going to hit the KDF and smaller fed fleets very very hard. It's not always easy to get a team of 5 fleeties willing to grind fleet events for hours and in low yield events. I don't fault the foundry authors for wanting to tell good stories or for working within the system they were given. You suck cryptic.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What dose Brandon have to do with it?

And meh my fleets are fine we are many
    GwaoHAD.png
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zorbane wrote: »

Yeah if they increase the FM payout in the fleet actions, I'll start doing them again. But for now they arent worth the time invested. By doing this though, Cryptic has taken a huge dookie all over small fleets in particular. This very well could be the death rattle of many small fleets.
    edited February 2013
    IMHO you should get FLEET marks by running FLEET events.

getting marks with the foundry was like asking for romulan marks on STFs

On the other side the rewards for doing fleet events were pathetic.

I think it could have been better incrasing the fleet events rewards instead putting the marks on the foundry in the first place.

That was a dev's fault and now we have this mess
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    12701.png
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I think it could have been better incrasing the fleet events rewards instead putting the marks on the foundry in the first place.

I wouldn't be remotely annoyed with this change if those marks were being dispersed into other events, so I mostly agree with you. And I think that's probably true of most here.

To just take them out completely? My goodness.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah if they increase the FM payout in the fleet actions, I'll start doing them again. But for now they arent worth the time invested. By doing this though, Cryptic has taken a huge dookie all over small fleets in particular. This very well could be the death rattle of many small fleets.

Since there's many more small fleets than large, Cryptic stands to shrink their profit margin with this change. While the game is F2P and not everyone buys from the C-Store, those who don't log in are certain not to spend money.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    atomictiki wrote: »
    That is nothow nerfing works.

Thisis the punishment that many ofthe elitists wanted. Ihope they are happy withthe results.
    Lolwut?

not really. Actually, in many ways, except the FM change, it's an improvement over the old way. You can get dil much faster, and even get EC sometimes.

Like the one guy said, if you didn't see this coming, you were deluding yourself.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I'd agree with you IF the KDF ques weren't dead and i could wrangle a team of 5 whenever I wanted.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't be remotely annoyed with this change if those marks were being dispersed into other events, so I mostly agree with you. And I think that's probably true of most here.

To just take them out completely? My goodness.

I hope it's just a case of them doing this first before adjusting FMs from other sources...
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited February 2013

Well if they change the pitiful rewards that are currently given in those fleet events to 50 fm's per event, then the foundry daily nerf is a non issue.

I somehow think that wont be the case.....
  • prestonpoolprestonpool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    do the tholian ground hard missions and the deferi ground hards missions. with a half way team you can get all these done in about 45 minutes and if you are in a fleet with few members make it mandatory. you really can rack up some decent fleet marks this way. though better rewards for doing everything in elite difficulty should be raised across the board
    edited February 2013
    The Tholian missions give comically low rewards. A lot of people in my fleet agreed they were fun, but the investment of time wasn't worthwhile.

• sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    It was bound to happen.

I got my 100 marks today anyway.
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You need more than halfway decent teams to match the 50 marks of the Foundry :(
    edited February 2013
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Well if they change the pitiful rewards that are currently given in those fleet events to 50 fm's per event, then the foundry daily nerf is a non issue.

I somehow think that wont be the case.....

That's is my main concern... currently i don't see hints for more FM from other events :confused:
    tidetogo1 wrote: »
    I'd agree with you IF the KDF ques weren't dead and i could wrangle a team of 5 whenever I wanted.

Sadly that's true :( . I think that if those events had better rewards, the queues wouldn't be dead
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    12701.png
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In principle I like scaling rewards an I think that it is ultimately the right way to have rewards, but I do want to see how they scale out before I comment further. what's the max, what's the minimum etc.

This is exactly what I thought when I read it.

I'm not very confident that I'll like how it turns out though. I still don't understand how my 10 minute Foundry mission qualified, while my 20+ minute mission didn't. There was definitely something odd about how it determined eligibility. I have no doubt that something odd (and frustrating) will pop up with this change as well.
    edited February 2013
    do the tholian ground hard missions and the deferi ground hards missions. with a half way team you can get all these done in about 45 minutes and if you are in a fleet with few members make it mandatory. you really can rack up some decent fleet marks this way. though better rewards for doing everything in elite difficulty should be raised across the board

The Nuke missions are a complete and utter joke in time vs reward. The fleet actions are ok, but the FM yield is still too low and if your KDF, good luck getting the queue to pop at all.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I do honestly wonder if the "pittance" and "low" rates from the fleet events - if you can find enough people to queue, which is by no means a certainty - is, in fact, the rate at which Cryptic wants us to earn Fleet Marks. They don't want us getting the end of the Space Clubhouse system too soon...
    edited February 2013
    I still suspect there will be more exploiting to come than now depending how the dilith scaling works.

There will be nothing to stop someone from say picking a ground foundry, finding a corner and hitting auto-run and go afk for 30 mins to an hour or more then come back and F-spam the mindless dribble dialogs.
    edited February 2013
    Assuming you level everything up as quickly as possible (which cannot happen), the hard cap Cyrptic has said is still 7 months. Realisitcally it's more like 16-20 for a fleet with a reasonable contribution rate, I would think.

It's a bleebin' video game, I don't know how much slower it can possibly need to go.

• kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I still suspect there will be more exploiting to come than now depending how the dilith scaling works.

There will be nothing to stop someone from say picking a ground foundry, finding a corner and hitting auto-run and go afk for 30 mins to an hour or more then come back and F-spam the mindless dribble dialogs.

The rewards are based on the average play time of the mission, not an individual's playtime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013

the catch is that it needs to be a concerted effort of several people. missions seem to need at least 10 plays by different players to qualify for a reward at all now. thus you would need to have your own private cabal be the ONLY ones to ever play the mission.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the catch is that it needs to be a concerted effort of several people. missions seem to need at least 10 plays by different players to qualify for a reward at all now. thus you would need to have your own private cabal be the ONLY ones to ever play the mission.

You would be surprised at how easy that is to accomplish. Simply make the beginning of the mission give no clue or way-point to an object to interact with that moves you to a new map to AFK at for an hour before hitting final trigger.

Easy.

Oh and this is a F2P game I'm sure the vast majority of hardcore grinders/farmers have more than one account.
  • valordutyvalorduty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i like to know what they are thinking, every time they change some thing screws the smaller fleets/ guilds in the game. if your small fleet of 20-30 you have no chance of up grading your base, expecally if they are from different parts of the world. This type of upgrade would make me want to boycot by not purchasing zen!
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, this basically means the foundry is practically dead except for the small handful of people that played them solely for the story.

For those that did the missions for the Dilithium, the current grinders will simply get replaced either with long Boff grinders or long versions of the afk-autocomplete missions. (those that basically put you in an empty room and finish automatically after a 15-min timer runs out).
This discussion has been closed.