test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Foundry/ Fleet Mark Reward Changes

Comments

• logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    You've got a point. Although, they still have to complete the mission.

What just occurred to me, though, is that there is now a reason to queue up for PVE that rewards fleet marks and then AFK.

Pretty easy to take care of with some simple code. Just look for missions with a high standard deviation of play-time and then put those through a different algorithm to clip off the time outliers rather than using the mean or median.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    If this change is implemented and this grind becomes even 1 fm or dil worse, I promise to cancel my 3 month sub and go back to F2P and to spend no cash on the game until the changes are reverted or unless something else is introduced to make the grind easier.

I urge all to do the same.

The daily as it is right now is one of the best ways to grind FM and dil for all these T5 projects. Stop TRIBBLE up the already repressive grind.

The foundry rewards are not supposed to be for "grinding" the same exploit missions over and over. They are supposed to be a reward to encourage players to try new missions with potentially interesting stories and gameplay.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I won't start b******g until I see how its rewarded.

.......even though my fingers are getting itchy! ah! :eek:
    :eek:
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kind of saw this coming when I replied in a Foundry thread a while back. A handful of authors getting their feelings hurt because no one would play their stories.

In escense, "You will play my overly wordy mission or else!"

Another attempt to "legislate morality" and dictate to players how they will spend their hard earned free time.

I can pretty much guarantee that this wasn't due to a few complaints of unplayed missions, but because Cryptic looked at their internal data and saw that people were earning fleet marks "too fast" and by means other than grinding out the same fleet actions over and over.

It's not the Foundry authors saying "play our way or else," it's Cryptic (who have, as we see here, the power to actually enforce it).
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well from what I recall some team members didn't leave right away and worked on it. Anyway this just saved me and like 90 people 199 dollars each on Neverwinter preorders. We wanted to play it for the foundry, but that game's version will be nerfed too so no point in playing that. I won't even bother, even if they said nothing was going to change in that, because some day it would be.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought I earned some today doing Battleship Royal Rumble. Did you do a foundry mission long enough to qualify for the rewards?
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought I earned some today doing Battleship Royal Rumble. Did you do a foundry mission long enough to qualify for the rewards?

Check the Tribble notes, no FM s and the Dil will be on a sliding scale

EDIT -

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=549851

General:
    Resolved an issue that could cause the Dilithium mining minigame to display incorrectly.
    The Foundry daily missions have been replaced.
    The existing daily missions have been removed.
    Now, all qualifying Foundry missions will automatically reward a scaling amount of Dilithium and skill points/expertise.
    Dilithium will be rewarded based on the average playtime of the mission.
    All spotlight missions will reward the same as a qualifying mission, with two exceptions.
    Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a bonus 1440 Dilithium.
    Once every 24 hours, the first spotlight mission completed in that time frame will get a scaling amount of Energy Credits, based on the player's level.

EDIT 2 - The FM removal is announced by Branflakes in the thread
  • ariseaboveariseabove Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is totally not fair for the KDF, the group fleet missions no body plays on the KDF side so its impossible to get fleet marks without the foundry.

I'm also very sick and I mean very sick I'm in and out of Hospital at the moment I don't get that much gaming time any more my reflex's are shot to hell and so is my eye sight (after effects of chemo) so I can't really play group missions that often the foundry gave me an option to still contribute to my Fleet.

I play some pretty long missions in the Foundry like killing over 40 odd ships, I earned my fleet marks can't they just increase the time again to a min 20min foundry mission instead?

Instead of punishing players!

Take away the fed one but leave the KDF ALONE!
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PWE had nothing to do with it ;)

The point of getting Fleet Marks, is to do Fleet-related content... not get them quick and dirty easily from another source, which everyone can use; that's an exploit by most standards.

The changes simply reflect that.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Check the Tribble notes, no FM s and the Dil will be on a sliding scale

Yep, they enjoy TRIBBLE us over like this..we had that daily for a month or 2 and now its gone. They want more of our money of course though in return for the TRIBBLE.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    LOL CS.

I see a new renaissance for AFK grinders.

Time scaled rewards indeed.

Well, I'm right aren't I? This was the best way to get fleet marks, and I was actually starting to get into the game again! So much so, I was considering starting a Foundry Oriented Let's Play series.

Fudge that noise. :mad:
    edited February 2013
    trek21 wrote: »

The point of getting Fleet Marks, is to do Fleet-related content... not get them quick and dirty easily from another source, which everyone can use; that's an exploit by most standards.

AN EXPLOIT THAT PWE PUT INTO THE GAME!!!

They cant leave anything alone. We had that mission because there are ALOT players that do not want to participate in the fleet actions for piddly amount of FM they give, especially with the amount of TRIBBLE players causing the mission to fail over and over.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    Yep, they enjoy TRIBBLE us over like this..we had that daily for a month or 2 and now its gone. They want more of our money of course though in return for the TRIBBLE.

Ah yes they want our money, thats why they took out the thing (FM)you can't use money on.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Ah yes they want our money, thats why they took out the thing (FM)you can't use money on.

No, they want to have us BUY Dilithium using ZEN to donate to fleet projects now, instead of the free in game currency FM's to donate to make our fleet credits...think in terms of greed, which PWE is full of.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That sucks. If they are going to do this, they should increase the amount of marks we earn doing fleet actions.
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, I'm right aren't I? This was the best way to get fleet marks, and I was actually starting to get into the game again! So much so, I was considering starting a Foundry Oriented Let's Play series.

Fudge that noise. :mad:

Its true. Now its back to rubbish.
    edited February 2013
    AN EXPLOIT THAT PWE PUT INTO THE GAME!!!

They cant leave anything alone. We had that mission because there are ALOT players that do not want to participate in the fleet actions for piddly amount of FM they give, especially with the amount of TRIBBLE players causing the mission to fail over and over.
    Oh, so because they put an exploit into the game, that makes it okay? Right... :rolleyes:
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No, they want to have us BUY Dilithium using ZEN to donate to fleet projects now, instead of the free in game currency FM's to donate to make our fleet credits...think in terms of greed, which PWE is full of.

Really that's why they kept the dilithium and took out fleet marks which you can't buy with money.

They only took fleet marks out of the foundry, not the game.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kind of saw this coming when I replied in a Foundry thread a while back. A handful of authors getting their feelings hurt because no one would play their stories.

In escense, "You will play my overly wordy mission or else!"

Another attempt to "legislate morality" and dictate to players how they will spend their hard earned free time.

It's sad but true that a lot of Foundry Authors starting getting butt hurt that their drawn out fully scripted hour + missions were not getting played and now even with the changes coming I doubt they'll see any more plays.

I like playing the 20 -30 minuets shootem ups and would never really want to lock myself down to play any mission that ran for longer than 30 minutes.

I want to get has much playing has I can in when I can do it and being locked down on one mission for an hour or more would just eat up 90% of the hour or so A day that I get to play.

I hope that this new scaling rewards system is fair and balanced towards all types of Foundry missions and not just geared to the long winded part 2 of 50 Story missions.

There?s going to be a lot of upset players once this goes live and perhaps a lot of 1 stars being handed out :P

I hope that Fleet Marks get added to STF missions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, I guess this is a great idea if your goal is to turn the foundry into a ghost town, populated only by the insular little clique of self-entitled authors who cried for it. I, for one, will have no further use for the foundry as of this patch, and I hope everyone else follows that example. You want to force people to play as you think they should? Fine. Have fun all by yourself in your little sandbox.
    :rolleyes:

Sadly, this may also be what finally kills my fleet base. I'm long since sick and tired of "Blockade," "No-win scenario," and the pittiance they both reward.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I'm not trying to be cynical, but Fleet Actions (Gorn Mine Field, SB24, and KSF) currently give no Fleet Marks. I farm them everyday for a 1st or 2nd place Mk XI or XII purple drops.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    looking at our ts server, people jump from room to room, the info is out :D
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They're axing Fleet Mark rewards for IORs?

TRIBBLE. There goes our fleet's main source of FMs.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • izdubar2izdubar2 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Since they didn't post how it scales, I'm going to go out on a limb and posit that the formula will be worse than the current 960/dil per 15 minutes and there will be nothing to replace the loss of marks.
    How MMO companies reach for the stars: "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre."
    edited February 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be cynical, but Fleet Actions (Gorn Mine Field, SB24, and KSF) currently give no Fleet Marks. I farm them everyday for a 1st or 2nd place Mk XI or XII purple drops.
    I'm aware of that, but I was refering to Nukura Prime and the Fleet Starbase events, which do.

Still think Fleet Actions should though reward them though :confused:
    Was named Trek17.

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ryeknow wrote: »
    Its true. Now its back to rubbish.

It was my new favorite part of the game.
    sumghai wrote: »
    They're axing Fleet Mark rewards for IORs?

TRIBBLE. There goes our fleet's main source of FMs.

As goes mine. Supercrapafudgeariffic-expialabullshiznat.
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not so much worried about the dilithium* as I am with the loss of Fleet Marks, as IORs have been a major source of FMs for our fleet upgrade projects.

*I've been quite lucky with Zen surveys, often earning a lump sum of 11k dil every second day.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm aware of that, but I was refering to Nukura Prime and the Fleet Starbase events, which do.

Still think Fleet Actions should though reward them though :confused:

No arguments here. I hope they add Fleet Marks to those three maps as a future upgrade without taking away anything else.
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It was my new favorite part of the game.

As goes mine. Supercrapafudgeariffic-expialabullshiznat.

Yup. I played the foundry a lot since they changed the IOR to 30 min CD and added fleet marks.

It was also a big source of my fleets FM earnings too since Cryptics fleet events and Nuke are worth less than scratching my balls.
  • zalandexzalandex Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't know what to rage about... it is the same thing with the console clickies - if a game mechanic can be used as an exploit it will be taken away.

It was a bad design decision in the first place and every one with a bit of common sense could have seen it coming that it would be taken out sooner or later.

Don't blame the foundry authors because they want to use the foundry to tell stories. that is how it is meant to be used.
This discussion has been closed.