test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Foundry/ Fleet Mark Reward Changes

Comments

• designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The loss of fleet marks is a shame if the current Fleet missions aren't getting looked at to improve their rewards. I would have liked to see these stay and be increased incrementally like the other rewards if the FMs rewarded from Fleet missions weren't improved.
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So now the thread topic does not match the OP at all. I have no idea what this thread is about.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How about this: you get fleet marks by doing Foundry missions in teams.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The loss of fleet marks is a shame if the current Fleet missions aren't getting looked at to improve their rewards. I would have liked to see these stay and be increased incrementally like the other rewards if the FMs rewarded from Fleet missions weren't improved.

Well instead of getting 25 marks at best fleet PvE and events should give 75 marks at worst
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • wan5wan5 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Some times i can come on the forums and find something cool, some times I find things that make me scratch my head.

This is one of those times.

The current Fleet mark missions are dull, very repetitive and the rewards suck. Simple.

As a space player, i hate ground missions... cant stand the suckers. So for FM's im down to replaying the same three 8 month old maps, over and over and over again.

Hell it was the foundry that kept me interested in the game, if it wasnt for some of the cool maps out there i probably woulda stopped logging in months ago.
    Speaking of Foundry, i guess my slots are useless now. I try to make maps that players will enjoy playing, but even I know people play them for fleet marks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
    The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
  • admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Which Foundry author asked that fleet marks be removed? I missed that post.

we cant name the 3 that pushed and threatened
    to pull their missions unless this nerf happened. Naming people in the forum will get your post removed.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    admgreer wrote: »
    to pull their missions unless this nerf happened. Naming people in the forum will get your post removed.

Hmm, can't name names, but is it against the TOS to 'recommend missions' ?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please. Let's not use this thread to bash Cryptic's decision. I can well understand the notion of limiting Fleet Marks as a reward for doing things with fellow fleet members, rather than solo content. It makes sense.

Rather than scream about the change that will happen, let us try to determine ways to compensate for the change that fit in line with fleetmates working together.

I can understand it too, but certain people don't team no matter what and people get tired of doing the same content. Foundry missions is a good way to get Fleet Marks while keeping the players entertained. This change will cause certain players to only contribute the 10 Fleet Marks from doing those dailies.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    admgreer wrote: »
    to pull their missions unless this nerf happened.

Also, the sane players will laugh at your tinfoil hats.
    <3
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=380251

This is going to end just like the STF loot nerfs.

One can only draw one conclusion. What do you call a person who repeats the same action and expects the result to be different?
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    just gonna put some feedback to our tyrants in the cryptic building...

i dont support this change and i dont like it.. thats my 2 cents and my view, sorry if you dont like it.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, goodbye Foundry. It was nice spending time with you, but if you won't give me fleet marks, I see no reason to keep coming around.:mad:
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please... Let's stop pitching a tantrum over this.

Let's talk about what might be done to improve fleet content so that it is fun and worth doing, preferably for more than just snagging daily mark allowances.

Any time the reward is the sole motivator for doing any form of content, it is a sign that said content is broken in some way.

Here's a good question to start with... Forget for a moment that there is a starbase and an Embassy that requires fleet marks to progress in. What in your mind should players in a fleet be doing as part of said fleet?

The reward is the primary reason I do any content in any MMO.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Scale fleet marks based on time. Situation solved. Why is that so hard to do?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Which ever smart a""se came up with this idea, good on ya, u have now ruined foundry missions, hardly anyone will run them now which means foundry authers will get no dil for there missions. Goodbye foundry, its been nice knowing you. I sure woont be using them unles this changes back. No one in my fleet will either.

Until this is fixed, i refuse to Buy Zen, and i usually buy $200 worth a faortnight. Not anymore. U take away Fleet marks from IOR and I take my money and spend it somewhere else.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In all honesty, I think Cryptic made a major knee-jerk reaction. They turned the Foundry Daily into a repeatable mission, that became too good, and so instead of reverting it, they took it out altogether.

Which reminds me of other similar parallels that Cryptic made, like the recent Tricobalt Mine Nerf. It originally was just a single mine, then changed it to be functional with Mine Patterns, that became too good, and nerfed the effect instead of revering it to it's less overpowered change. :rolleyes:

So to me, all they had to do was just make it a daily once again, that solves the Farming issue. Meanwhile, the EC Farming was untouched. :P
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Having read the entirety of this thread something occurred to me. I've recently began to read threads of congratulations for fleets who are now reaching the Tier 5 Starbase. Might they have been meant to take longer to reach this benchmark? If I'm correct, there would be no need to shift the removed Fleet Marks elsewhere in the game. In other words, working as intended.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • xilrxilr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I been gone a long time. I came back to do the new featured episode (or whatever you want to call it).

I have to admit I got interested in the game again. I started logging on regularly again.....

Now this...

This is the exact same stuff that was going on when I stopped playing before. Just fill in the blanks...

"No one wants (Insert Punitive Change here). No one asked for (Punitive Change here). But Cryptic cant wait to (Insert Punitive Change here)."

Why, Cryptic? You've got a long history of this. Remember the crafting changes no one wanted? Remember the ship token debacle no one wanted? Since I was gone for so long I'm sure players that stuck with it can name off things I dont even know about.....

Why do you go against the playerbase so much? Please spare the "long term health" argument too, most of us have heard it before. Its bollucks and you know it. Players like the IOR, some people like grinder missions, some people like all text missions, some people like the featured missions....Why are you so opposed to people playing the game in the manner they desire to play it in?
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please... Let's stop pitching a tantrum over this.

Let's talk about what might be done to improve fleet content so that it is fun and worth doing, preferably for more than just snagging daily mark allowances.

Any time the reward is the sole motivator for doing any form of content, it is a sign that said content is broken in some way.

Here's a good question to start with... Forget for a moment that there is a starbase and an Embassy that requires fleet marks to progress in. What in your mind should players in a fleet be doing as part of said fleet?

Rewards of some sort is the ONLY reason why the vast majority of people play MMOs, or any games. Once one can no longer advance be it ranks/levels, gear, accolades, status points..etc there is NO use for the game.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You know what would be nice? The ability to convert Romulan/Omega marks into Fleet Marks. I'd be happy with that.
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You know what would be nice? The ability to convert Romulan/Omega marks into Fleet Marks. I'd be happy with that.

That would be very nice. I have tons of Omega/Rom marks that are basically useless now.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, I'm not as upset about this as I thought I'd be. I'll still play foundry because I mainly play it when I'm bored of doing everything else, and not for rewards. (which are still nice I guess... :P)

I can see how this will hurt small fleets though, which sucks. :(
    edited February 2013
    This is a very good idea - many folks have capped their Rep Tiers in these areas.

By adding this ability and increasing the current FM rewards given in Fleet Events (plus adding FM rewards to the Fleet missions that don't currently have them) would be a great optional/alternate way to make up for the FM loss of the IOR wrapper.

Heck, I'll go one further:

Allow 1:1 conversion to FMs all the time.

Add a daily to allow 70 RMs and 70 OMs combined into 200 FM, to encourage playing diverse aspects of the game.

I'd also like, longterm, to see an option to queue multiplayer mission replay for FMs. That would effectively require identifying and tagging individual missions that are team appropriate for the queue system.
    edited February 2013
    Another thought for the longterm:

Add a Foundry option to create multiplayer Foundry missions. These might have extra requirements/limitations on the Foundry author such as enhanced enemies and minimum combat quotas. Maybe dialogue tree length limitations.

As these get spotlighted, make them queueable and award Fleet Marks.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thing about what leviathan suggested about omega/rom marks to convert to fm, if they did do that you better put down some money that theyll lower the earnings where those are gotten :P.

Good idea though
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    all i have is one question . . .

:confused::confused: WHY? :confused::confused:
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2013

This is a good idea, it should be available at all times IMO.

Also it would be nice if we could use GPL to buy 'Fleet Mark boxes' or 'Fleet Mark bonus' boxes since all we have now is the Holo-TRIBBLE nobody wants anyways....then I could have a reason to geek out on Dabo.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Another thought for the longterm:

Add a Foundry option to create multiplayer Foundry missions. These might have extra requirements/limitations on the Foundry author such as enhanced enemies and minimum combat quotas. Maybe dialogue tree length limitations.

As these get spotlighted, make them queueable and award Fleet Marks.
    User-generated Fleet Missions would be a logical extension of the Foundry. The category just doesn't exist yet. Having its own Spotlight makes sense.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well so much for the 5 members of my fleet getting together and running a mission, BRR was fun in a 5 man group, Dreads were fun!. Key word, Were. Well its going to slow us down again, but thats fine, we're at T3 so we're ok. Get the Embassy to T2 and call that done too.

All cryptic is doing is giving me, less reasons to play more parts of the game. Now, its doffs, the occasional STF, Colony invasion for the grins, and that, is all. I've already got one T5 rep, and almost done on the other so I've got less to do by the day. Since they don't want to give me a reason to play the foundry, I won't. I'm not interested in your stories, how much work you put into them, or whatever, I'm interested in getting something I need from it. Since it no longer has what I need, i have no need for it. I get my Dilithium, and EC from Doffs, its all I need to get them. I need Fleet marks, So, I played BRR or whatever struck me at the moment.

Guess I'll start staggering out CXP turn ins
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks to the grinders we now have all lost the daily FM's. Thanks. I knew that they would TRIBBLE it for the rest of us.
This discussion has been closed.