What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• Options
    leestarkleestark Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well atleast they have acknowledged our issues & made it a top priority. Thank you guys !

I'm getting Withdrawal symptoms :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    eskiss766 wrote: »
    Use website hotsing like mediafire, upload laucher and mediafire gives you a link, then you can share it

here it is - http://www.mediafire.com/?7zb31v9kz2cv23u

hope it helps - however it seems this is an update server issue and is being worked on
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    eskiss766eskiss766 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    here it is - http://www.mediafire.com/?7zb31v9kz2cv23u

hope it helps - however it seems this is an update server issue and is being worked on

Youhou it's working \o/
    thx guys
  • Options
    noisyboy99noisyboy99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah am in the UK and am having the same problems

yep this works Hotspot Shield :)

but not happy about having to iinstall a program that i dont know.

download from CNET so should be safe.
  • Options
    raschen1raschen1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Strangely, I downloaded the launcher - that wouldn't work. Now tried verifying cache (Steam) -all seemed fine. Now for some reason, downloading the game again (4.4GB!) - Not quite sure what happened
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    noisyboy99 wrote: »
    yep this works Hotspot Shield :)

but not happy about having to iinstall a program that i dont know.

download from CNET so should be safe.

HSS is pretty safe - been using it for over a year now
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    having the same problem, eastern US. Worked perfectly this morning and now will not load. re-installed the game figured i'd give it a shot. no go. now at least I know there is a major issue effecting alot of people. Kinda wish I hadnt reinstalled before checking tho XD
  • Options
    jonbanbergerjonbanberger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :mad:
    Id like to really truly thank the update developers for totaly ruining my Son's 1st opportunity to play this game... I started his account and gave him access for his birthday TODAY only to find that nither he or I can log in... Ive read dozens of posts ranging to utter dibble and babbling to suggestions to check MY connections or electrical plugs... Does any of this make sense? the game worked last night before i went to bed and this morning AFTER a Maint./ Service outtage, YOUR log in updated is FRACKED! FIX IT... RESOLVE IT! OWN IT! GET IT STRAIGHT! Free to play was a great approach to keeping players in the system but some of us... yes some of us... STILL PAY to play! Savy?!?!?!
  • Options
    discojusticediscojustice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :mad:
    Id like to really truly thank the update developers for totaly ruining my Son's 1st opportunity to play this game... I started his account and gave him access for his birthday TODAY only to find that nither he or I can log in... Ive read dozens of posts ranging to utter dibble and babbling to suggestions to check MY connections or electrical plugs... Does any of this make sense? the game worked last night before i went to bed and this morning AFTER a Maint./ Service outtage, YOUR log in updated is FRACKED! FIX IT... RESOLVE IT! OWN IT! GET IT STRAIGHT! Free to play was a great approach to keeping players in the system but some of us... yes some of us... STILL PAY to play! Savy?!?!?!

It's an outage. It happens. Relax. Wait. They'll fix it.
  • Options
    kamifubukikamifubuki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I downloaded the link and replaced my old one with it, but I am still failing to connect.
  • Options
    antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any Infos when this Issue get fixed?

Still not Possible to connect to Autoupdater.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still ****ered, how about you get this useless server provider and ram them up their managers TRIBBLE
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like more than some players to me..........

Would it help to say I just downloaded the game today and it wasn't from STEAM but a direct download?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    dragonantisdragonantis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just tried the OP's fix, replaced the launcher and tried but it didnt work.

Looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow for a fix :(
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hotspot Shield Did NOT work for me.....but SpotFlux did Both available from Download.com
  • Options
    zhouzhizhouzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same problem as everyone else here, tried router reboot, refresh IP, reboot PC, delete Internet cache, checked firewall, deleted all local STO files and re-downloaded, setting the STO exe file to different compatibility modes, nothing. As with others, all other games and internet applications run fine, the problem is exclusive to STO. Hopefully this will be fixed within the day, I've been trying to log on since after this morning's maintenance, roughly 6 hours ago.

Edit: Just tried again for the heck of it, it WORKED! And a big red message that they are aware of this issue and fixing it. There is hope.
  • Options
    annanaisannanais Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The Problem I am having is the laucnher is showing no logon at all in the middle where it normally is. Instead its behind the advertising box and in the upper left hand corner... Thus rendering me unable to log in.
  • Options
    s0k098s0k098 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Having the same issue.. Took forever to install the original patch, then launched the game and every map change I'd get a dynamic error and kicked back to login page. I relaunched the game and now I can't even get the launcher to come up as it fails to connect. I'm only trying to log in so I can refine my 8k dilithium for today, but I can't even get in for that long.. Are we expecting to get any compensation?
  • Options
    ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    s0k098 wrote: »
    Are we expecting to get any compensation?

The problem is never on their end, so I doubt it.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    holo18drewholo18drew Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    AHHHHH!!!! Similar issues... I had a problem with my cryptic launcher auto-update yesterday and you guys at STO put out a general message saying that there was a problem with some players probably regional. well today I opened the game up and yes you fixed it for about 4 hours I had to download the whole game again and at some point my gameplay froze and when I force closed, guess what... problem came back! :P not cool.... Please help someone.
  • Options
    holo18drewholo18drew Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    AHHHHH!!!! Similar issues... I had a problem with my cryptic launcher auto-update yesterday and you guys at STO put out a general message saying that there was a problem with some players probably regional. well today I opened the game up and yes you fixed it for about 4 hours I had to download the whole game again and at some point my gameplay froze and when I force closed, guess what... problem came back! not cool.... Please help someone.
  • Options
    ladymoondanceladymoondance Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I do start getting annoyed.
    I mean. I could log in 2 hours ago without problems. Then I come back I can't get the launcherpast "loading. please wait"
    :S
    And yes. I updated the launcher.
    Yes. I had checked the tracert and the nettest.
    I filed a bug report yesterday and all I got was the link to the launcher. which does not solve the problem.
  • Options
    danedangerduvaldanedangerduval Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey there!

I am from the netherlands and the problem came back @ here to.

Hope you guys can get this fixed fast.

Think i like the game and so need to play adict style to find out for shure.

Friendly regards and keep up the good work from,

Dane Duval
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    Hi Captains,

I just checked in with the team and they are running some tests with our external routing vendor to try and identify where the cause of yesterday's issues lies. If you're having receiving an error, please try again in a few minutes as they are completing their tests.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    timerastimeras Member Posts: 33 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    Login issues are back again in germany. The patcher won't start ... just like yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Photonen im Wind a foundry mission by timeras13
    Photonen im Eis a foundry mission by timeras13
    Photonen im Schatten a foundry mission by timeras13
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Having similar problems. I can get into the game occasionally now, despite having a perfectly functional experience since about four-ish. Now, switching systems causes the game to attempt to patch, locks up and I have to force the program to close. Then it won't start properly.

Not impressed, Cryptic.

ADDENDUM: Just found the following error.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    ehsradehsrad Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Today my error is different, yesterday my launcher just wouldnt update and eventually around 4 hours later i got on. Today, i can log in and then the launcher goes white, no errors, messages, just a big white box, i cant do anything other than quit and try again which yields the same results. Time for a server rollback? The guys in my fleet are from the US (im from Glasgow UK) and they had issues too along with items and skills vanishing on them, i dont think this can be fixed any other way than a rollback and a phased distribution but thats just what i do at work...
    What do you mean I'm not kind? Just not your kind!
  • Options
    ehsradehsrad Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    @johngazman I just got that error too, the lack of information we have is leading to wild speculation all over the forums and facebook. Everyone seems to be saying its just regional and isnt happening to Americans but i know that to be untrue.
    What do you mean I'm not kind? Just not your kind!
  • Options
    caenethcaeneth Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Previously I posted this without trying the link at the start of this post. Same issue no change.

I was able to get on last night some time after 9 and when the launcher messed up again after 11. Error reported is the same as others. It does seem to work after I try a few times now but extremely slow. Likes to nock me off the game or load instance changes extremely slow. What ever the issue is its not fixed still get Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate trying to connect 2 times fail... and then the message Connection problem check my Internet connection same thing as yesterday....
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its down in the UK as well. 21:38pm

Tracert to launcher.startrekonline.com gives:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\Users\john>ping launcher.startrekonline.com
    Pinging launcher.startrekonline.com [208.95.185.44] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Ping statistics for 208.95.185.44:
    Packets: Sent = 1, Received = 0, Lost = 1 (100% loss),

C:\Users\john>tracert launcher.startrekonline.com
    Tracing route to launcher.startrekonline.com [208.95.185.44]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    1 2 ms 3 ms 2 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 26 ms 25 ms 25 ms 5e0fcbfe.bb.sky.com [94.15.203.254]
    3 24 ms 25 ms 24 ms 10.245.180.209
    4 31 ms 31 ms 31 ms te0-6-0-0.er10.thlon.ov.easynet.net [89.200.134.
    211]
    5 27 ms 29 ms 29 ms ae3.lon10.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.74.93]
    6 104 ms 104 ms 103 ms xe-1-2-0.bos11.ip4.tinet.net [89.149.183.13]
    7 105 ms 106 ms 104 ms internap-gw.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.77.54]
    8 113 ms 107 ms 106 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    9 117 ms 125 ms 126 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 108 ms * * launcher.startrekonline.com [208.95.185.44]
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * 104 ms launcher.startrekonline.com [208.95.185.44]
    Trace complete.

The website using startrekonline.com is also unavailable, times out but works fine through the perfectworld sub-domain sto.perfectworld.com.

Ive run out of ironing....what am I supposed to do now??!! :P
    server_hamster6.png