What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• Options
    wisty5000wisty5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm also still getting the update launcher error, even with the updated exe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leestarkleestark Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate
    Trying to update the Launcher.
    Please be patient.
    Tried Connecting 2 times.

Connection problems
    Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check your internet connection.
    If the problem persists, please contact technical support.

There is nothing wrong with my connection. The game was working fine before it wen't down for maintenance. Anyone having the same issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wpace2wpace2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yep I tried that new launcher that was linked and its still doing the same thing :confused:
  • Options
    fenash3030fenash3030 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    let me state how it all started with me... aprrox 5am CST (7AM PST) i was kicked form the server as per maintenance. It is now 12:15 CST (2:15 PM PST) and still down. I have seen some posts stating that there are players ingame playing right now, yet it seems many of those having problems are in america... anyone in europe or asia having problems?
  • Options
    captainiwwcaptainiww Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sry the link doesn't work.

still the same problem - cant connect to game - update launcher.

i am little bit warry because i am lifetimer^^
    maybe spend my money for something better in the future.

IWW
  • Options
    kordeekordee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "updated" launcher link not resolved the problem .. my launcher still dont want to connect to servers... bad joke
  • Options
    leestarkleestark Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Come-on Cryptic & Forum Managers Sort This Out

We want to play the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wisty5000wisty5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am also getting this exact same problem, and I don't have Team Viewer installed, much less running.
    kordee wrote: »
    "updated" launcher link not resolved the problem .. my launcher still dont want to connect to servers... bad joke
    fenash3030 wrote: »
    let me state how it all started with me... aprrox 5am CST (7AM PST) i was kicked form the server as per maintenance. It is now 12:15 CST (2:15 PM PST) and still down. I have seen some posts stating that there are players ingame playing right now, yet it seems many of those having problems are in america... anyone in europe or asia having problems?

I'm in Europe and have the problem exactly as described
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    avengerctc25avengerctc25 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same problem here, game cannot connect to update the launcher and times out, even with the above link
  • Options
    eskiss766eskiss766 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not working for me :(
  • Options
    pk580ukpk580uk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am in the UK and I cannot get onto it either, Just keep getting a box saying "trying to update the launcher. Please be patient"

Anyone else having trouble or anyone who can advise how to fix then I would be grateful.:(
  • Options
    tolorintolorin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im in spain and having the same issue so i am assuming it is on their end and not ours
  • Options
    sharyiasharyia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher started to have issues before today downtime, it is server issue. Can't log in either (Czech Rep.)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    tolorin wrote: »
    Im in spain and having the same issue so i am assuming it is on their end and not ours

Well let us hope so.
  • Options
    jawz786jawz786 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    UK player.

This is ridiculous. Tried everything possible including downloading the launcher from the link repeatedly.

Nothing works. Same error message, trying to update the launcher but after 2 tries it times out. -unable to create link to patch server-.

Get you act together Cryptic and at lease have a Dev come on and speak to us rather than repeating download the link which obviously is not working for most of us.
  • Options
    stickman3447stickman3447 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yea thanks for the useless updated launcher doesnt do anything trys to connect says TRIBBLE u and goes byebye actual solution would help...
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im having the exact same issue - tried downloading the exe - no help

FYI - I am in Dubai - Using a 32MB connection - was working JUST fine before the update - then stopped around 30mins before the update started - spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to make it work - below is my temporary solution

SOLUTION

1. Download Hotspot Shield
    2. Install it and get it set up
    3. Launcher then works
    4. Get into the game (at esd or something)
    5. Disconnect HSS
    6. Log in (game login screen - not launcher)
    7. WORKS FINE

I hate doing this everytime I log in... but its working for me right now - Cryptic please solve this problem - when I run the nettest and the other test (dont remember what its called) it gives a negative result (something to do with your cogentco - since it fails to connect there)
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    animusarcusanimusarcus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Am also having the launcher not conecting error it keeps trying but noting not even when i use the version in the mains post so HELP. :(
    "Good" and "Evil" are purely subjective concepts, given credence only by the prevailing opinion of the masses
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    yea thanks for the useless updated launcher doesnt do anything trys to connect says TRIBBLE u and goes byebye actual solution would help...

I agree with these comments entirely, someone should at lease acknowledge that there is problems and give us an update.
  • Options
    mgcheethammgcheetham Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Won't reapeat what has been said before but i take it this has been going on all day. Been at work since 7am get home and find that nothing works!

Fantastic!

What really annoys me is that there is no news on the main page so you have no idea what is going on. Especially when it says the servers are up, and i have to dig around for a while to find out whats going on.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    Im having the exact same issue - tried downloading the exe - no help

FYI - I am in Dubai - Using a 32MB connection - was working JUST fine before the update - then stopped around 30mins before the update started - spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to make it work - below is my temporary solution

SOLUTION

1. Download Hotspot Shield
    2. Install it and get it set up
    3. Launcher then works
    4. Get into the game (at esd or something)
    5. Disconnect HSS
    6. Log in (game login screen - not launcher)
    7. WORKS FINE

I hate doing this everytime I log in... but its working for me right now - Cryptic please solve this problem - when I run the nettest and the other test (dont remember what its called) it gives a negative result (something to do with your cogentco - since it fails to connect there)

Post your launcher if it works please
  • Options
    noisyboy99noisyboy99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hi ya

UK player

launcher ok this morning now getting this error.

error message, trying to update the launcher but after 2 tries it times out. -unable to create link to patch server.

downloaded the launcher from the link as well buy still no joy.
  • Options
    reaperwrightyreaperwrighty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah am in the UK and am having the same problems
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    eskiss766 wrote: »
    Post your launcher if it works please

Its the same launcher I had before - Using hotspot i was able to update the game and start it up... btw - how do i post that launcher (although i dont think it will work) XD?
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    Its the same launcher I had before - Using hotspot i was able to update the game and start it up... btw - how do i post that launcher (although i dont think it will work) XD?

Use website hotsing like mediafire, upload laucher and mediafire gives you a link, then you can share it
  • Options
    atombondatombond Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm in southern US and I'm getting the same error. Played last night, this morning it wouldn't work.
  • Options
    daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am sick of this, every time you patch the game i get this same issues.

I really want to become a lifetime STO player, but this problem and the bloody FLASHLIGHT that doesn't work means i shall just not bother.

I hate to complain, but this is just turning into too much hassle.
  • Options
    ussdanubeussdanube Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi
    My Launcher won't work. i can't even log in. i love the game and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. the error messages say :- Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. if problems persist, pleasr contact Technical Support. i tried downloading the patch at the top of this page but that didn't work either. my internet connection is fine.
    thanks for assistance
    ussdanube
  • Options
    corvackscorvacks Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same for me, UK player, everything was fine this morning and now I can't open the launcher as it wont update. Downloaded from the link but no joy.
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just downloaded latest launcher from the link left on this thread and still nothing as it wont even load that up due to latest issues? My PC and connection is running at full spec and i have had no issues at all previous to this latest patch? Please can someone get this sorted as it is a total joke!!!!! I just feel sorry for all the lifetime subscribers who cant log in!!!!! :( Been playing solid since 17th jan last year and never seen an issue like this!!!! Also if certain players can get in and others not surely its to do with cryptic and not everyone else which has been banded out of late. :( Things must be pretty bad if you have to do all this messing about just to load STO!!!!! :(