test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do YOU hate ground combat? Take two!

1234568»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    #1: a it used to have a miss chance, but that got taken out IIRC, b: push B for shooter mode.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just a thing directed at everyone complaining about the weapon remodulation.

This is a Star Trek game which is supposed to be based on Star Trek. If you're complaining about this then you obviously haven't watched any of the episodes of the various shows or its films which feature the Borg. They won't get rid of this because that's what the Borg do. They adapt (in the shows at least) to all attempts to counter them, that's why a bunch of half dead robotized space zombies who fly around in weird looking geometric shapes are able to do what they do. Please don't ask them to make this game any less 'Trek' than it already is....
  • punijabpunijab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just a thing directed at everyone complaining about the weapon remodulation.

This is a Star Trek game which is supposed to be based on Star Trek. If you're complaining about this then you obviously haven't watched any of the episodes of the various shows or its films which feature the Borg. They won't get rid of this because that's what the Borg do. They adapt (in the shows at least) to all attempts to counter them, that's why a bunch of half dead robotized space zombies who fly around in weird looking geometric shapes are able to do what they do. Please don't ask them to make this game any less 'Trek' than it already is....

I have seen several borg episodes (both TNG and Voyager) and yes, they do adapt. However,
    I've NEVER seen them go shooting people in the face. They always have to be withing melee range to take someone out. So if STO is going to keep the 30s re-mod time, then they should get rid of the the borg aim-bots. (I might just be blind and have completely missed the one instance in which a borg shot someone, but I doubt it)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    punijab wrote: »
    I have seen several borg episodes (both TNG and Voyager) and yes, they do adapt. However,
    I've NEVER seen them go shooting people in the face. They always have to be withing melee range to take someone out. So if STO is going to keep the 30s re-mod time, then they should get rid of the the borg aim-bots. (I might just be blind and have completely missed the one instance in which a borg shot someone, but I doubt it)
    True, but the old Borg got party- wiped by Janeway. This is a new version. Besides.... other than wanting to assimilate people, the Borg had no reason not to do it before.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My reasons are as follows:

1. BOFF autonomous AI is deficient and will hopefully improve if the AI has been improved for Neverwinter's BOFF counterparts.

2. Weapons 'feel' like they lack punch, and when they do have punch its usually just a oneshot.

3. Device slots/batman utility belt. Having to equip food before I can use it makes no sense in a rapid fire gameplay environment. I'm already carrying it.

4. Food, hypos et al. are non-applicable to regular gameplay. They should be the essence of survival. Plus I should be able to administer a hypo on a teammate.

5. Kits (thats a topic onto itself).

6. Finally, while I don't 'hate' ground combat, I dislike that I am forced into engaging in ground combat more often than not. Its not a choice I am free to make and this cheapens the feeling for me.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    punijab wrote: »

Well there is the episode where a pack of them are controlled by lore.
  • draxlanddraxland Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This thread came up with my google search: star trek online ground combat removed

I was really hoping they had removed this horrible side to the game, or had a means to opt out / autocomplete missions with ground content. It's the only reason keeping myself and other friends from playing this game. We've tried twice and just can't get past how horrible it is.

So seriously why keep something around that clearly a bunch of people don't enjoy? Focus on one thing and make it good. Keep it simple.

And yes this is my first and only post to the forums because it is really that bad!
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    draxland wrote: »
    This thread came up with my google search: star trek online ground combat removed

I was really hoping they had removed this horrible side to the game, or had a means to opt out / autocomplete missions with ground content. It's the only reason keeping myself and other friends from playing this game. We've tried twice and just can't get past how horrible it is.

So seriously why keep something around that clearly a bunch of people don't enjoy? Focus on one thing and make it good. Keep it simple.

And yes this is my first and only post to the forums because it is really that bad!

A lot of people like it...including myself.

The mix of space and ground is what makes this game as good as it is...in my opinion.

If you really hate it as much as you say...you always have the foundry...PvE space queues...space only patrols.

You can easily keep this game space only if you wanted to.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We've tried twice and just can't get past how horrible it is.

So, let me see if I understand you correctly. You tried it a grand total of 2 times, didn't like it, so it should just be gotten rid of?
    So seriously why keep something around that clearly a bunch of people don't enjoy?

Because if you read this thread, there are 'clearly a bunch of people' that DO enjoy it.
    edited January 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    So, let me see if I understand you correctly. You tried it a grand total of 2 times, didn't like it, so it should just be gotten rid of?

Because if you read this thread, there are 'clearly a bunch of people' that DO enjoy it.
    Yeah, really. I will be happy to show you how much fun ground can be Draxland. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing