test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else having an issue logging in? (Resolved!)

Comments

• yuvondovahyuvondovah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Found this post in tech support, someone got on using VPN. I tried it and didn't get on but maybe I was doing it wrong.

sivvas wrote: »
    Try this, it seems to work just fine for STO.
    The original post is here.

Check this out.

Step 1:
    Google Hotspotshield

Step 2:
    Install the free VPN

Step 3:
    Run the VPN software and connect. Once connected you are routing traffic through the VPN. You can verify by checking your external IP by Googleing "What's my IP"

Step 4:
    Lauch the BLR launcher. It should start updating and patching.

Step 5:
    Once the patch is complete, turn off the VPN connection. Once disconnected, you should be on your normal internet. You can verify by checking your external IP by Googleing "What's my IP" - it should be different than your VPN IP address.

Step 6:
    Press the PLAY button.

Just FYI- after you patch, you will STILL be unable to run the BLR launcher without first launching the VPN service. Just make sure you shut it off after the launcher is launched or you will be playing the game through the VPN! This will lag you really bad in game... Ohh, and for those who think I can just launch BLR from the BLR.exe after a patch, it will not work for me without first launching the launcher and pressing play...

It took me weeks to get this working. I hope I help a few people out!!!
  • docroadie69docroadie69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The issue should be resolved. Can you let me know if you're still seeing the error?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Houston, we still have a problem...
  • pardusian141pardusian141 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yuvondovah wrote: »
    Found this post in tech support, someone got on using VPN. I tried it and didn't get on but maybe I was doing it wrong.

I'm not sure that would work as the information is lost during hops from one point to another. The connection drops (at least for me after running a tracert in CMD) between hop 15 and hop 16.

Must be the Iconians planning an invasion!
  • rondrosrondros Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Correct VPN will not magically fix the servers and I am certain that it will not work. I am guessing he got connected (got lucky) and the VPN did nothing.
  • issueman1issueman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And to think i was going to buy some keys and a doff pack
  • cursixcursix Member Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    If some people are getting in, then the issue is a routing/bandwidth issue. Either Cryptic has blown out a route to most of the internet when starting the pre-patch or some tech messed with the routing tables and now most of the internet can't find Cryptic's servers. VPN may help as it changes 'where' you are coming from, but giving the wide blackout, it may not be much of a chance.
  • kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Check your Antivirus/Firewall to see if they are blocking it.

Not the case here. Turned both off and same thing happens. Try to update twice and nothing.
    edited November 2012
    Maybe some internet maintinace worker in some random state disconnected a single cable to replace it and caused cryptic to loose access to the patch server (like what happened to Alaska Air Lines recently). That would be funny. But the connection is being lost somewhere....
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    We're still tracking the issue but it now appears to only be affecting some players. I'll continue to provide updates as I have them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We're still tracking the issue but it now appears to only be affecting some players. I'll continue to provide updates as I have them.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update. Waiting for it to work. :)

Jim
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    still effecting me. so i guess im in the "some" catagory lol
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems that the Cryptic sites are having issues, the pwe versions are up, guess which versions the patch servers use. :(
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well that sucks that I'm in the "some" group who can't get in. lol
  • jaynestown75jaynestown75 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I thought it was me at 1st too, it's not. I can't get to the website, launcher tries 2x's.
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hopefully it gets back up soon. STO was my plan for my night off here. You can't expect me to get drunk and watch election results without also roundhouse kicking Borg in the face!
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Add me to the "some" category.

We have a NO GO for launch.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • byssotbyssot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It seems like there is trouble accessing any site routed through crypticstudios.com, the perfectworld.com sites seem to be up, but startrekonline.com and secure.crypticstudios.com both are timing out still
    edited November 2012
    I'm not sure that would work as the information is lost during hops from one point to another. The connection drops (at least for me after running a tracert in CMD) between hop 15 and hop 16.

Must be the Iconians planning an invasion!

Iconians? Last thing they said to me was"Look upon us and tremble!" They got that right, I am trembling with frustration. You must be right!
    At least I know why VPN isn't working. I'm not much of an expert but willing to try (almost) everything that could help to fix a problem.

Just ran a tracert in CMD, a lot of timeouts (3 and then again starting fron 13 to 30) but I haven't got a clue how to read these things. :P Just surprised by the amount.
  • kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would all of these players be in the U.S.? Sounds like Romulan treachery to me!
  • shaitan100shaitan100 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wow...some players eh...guess all are not equal...must be nice NOT to be a "some" player
  • joeljohnstonjoeljohnston Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was in the game when the issue started for me, sat at the loading page for 20 minutes then the game crashed, I restarted it and it worked for 5 minutes and did it again now I get the launcher error, it's been like that for almost 3 hours now, I just tried again and I'm still getting the launcher error.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's c0cked up here too.
    edited November 2012
    Sucks.. I am almost too tired to wait any longer. I just love spending 3 hours doing nothing :eek:
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was in the game when the issue started for me, sat at the loading page for 20 minutes then the game crashed, I restarted it and it worked for 5 minutes and did it again now I get the launcher error, it's been like that for almost 3 hours now, I just tried again and I'm still getting the launcher error.

Eh. I'd like to have it up too, but **** happens on occasion. And it's not like it's a F2P vs. Gold issue. I'm a gold member, and I can't log on either.

*shrugs* what can you do?
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • joeljohnstonjoeljohnston Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kreuge wrote: »
    Would all of these players be in the U.S.? Sounds like Romulan treachery to me!
    Canadian Myself
  • shaitan100shaitan100 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    especially tonight w/nothing on the tube but election TRIBBLE
    edited November 2012
    Nope, I'm in the UK. Maybe the Undine?
    edited November 2012
    Well. I tried the VPN trick and it didn't work. I kind of gathered it wouldn't. So far, nothing has worked. Seems like it's not just Europeans not getting in.
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to guess that Cryptic just rerouted the direction the patch server goes as my 15th hop I've mentioned just changed to a different address...
    Old hop: te4-2.ccr01.bos06.......[66.28.4.254]
    new hop: te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]

I don't understand is why their patch server address is 208.95.185.32 when the address specified in patch_trivia says "Trivia PatchRedirectServer 208.95.184.117"....wait...thats the redirectServer. nvm. The patch is "Trivia HttpServer stohttppatch.crypticstudios.com" I love looking at txt. files that I can understand in game files. Helps with looking into problems on my end. It also gives me entertainment when I'm bored...
    edited November 2012
    Made no difference at my end.
This discussion has been closed.