What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New DOff Dilithium Costs

Comments

• levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just posted this in the second thread regarding this issue:
    levi3 wrote: »
    Most of you guys really are clueless - look they added a dilth sink to suck up lots of dilth and force people to buy more zen to convert to dilth.

Now there are thousands of people with 10's if not hundreds of million in EC - some with more than a billion - now this way duty officer prices will skyrocket(they are becoming to low now) and it will suck up a lot of peoples EC - even those with just a few million - but hey there is a solution - yes you can buy ZEN to purchase things to sell like Keys

Brilliant!!

If any of you people think feedback here will change the planned changes you are really smoking some good stuff and should really share!!
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Brilliant!!
    But is it, really?

Because in the long run you need to keep in mind that people are playing the game to have fun. And if more and more core gameplay content is going to require them to pay real money for or grind endlessly, then it's becoming a chore, not fun, and then you lose players. Both the ones that once were willing to pay real money for in-game currency, as well as the ones who were grinding all that dilithium to put it on the exchange.

I don't wish Cryptic anything bad, but I honestly would like players to finally show them that certain practices are unacceptable in terms of pure gameplay. A sudden drop in playerbase or customers willing to pay for certain items. Perhaps then Cryptic would consider keeping the balance between fun progressive gameplay and real life money.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited October 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    But is it, really?

Because in the long run you need to keep in mind that people are playing the game to have fun. And if more and more core gameplay content is going to require them to pay real money for or grind endlessly, then it's becoming a chore, not fun, and then you lose players. Both the ones that once were willing to pay real money for in-game currency, as well as the ones who were grinding all that dilithium to put it on the exchange.

I don't wish Cryptic anything bad, but I honestly would like players to finally show them that certain practices are unacceptable in terms of pure gameplay. A sudden drop in playerbase or customers willing to pay for certain items. Perhaps then Cryptic would consider keeping the balance between fun progressive gameplay and real life money.

This is what I mean: the only thing that will change anything is people stopping playing/paying - nothing said here will.

For every 1 person here complaing there could be 100 out there that will bend over and pay - that is all that matters - if this stops - then and only then will you see changes that some are suggesting.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If anything this will give rich people a chance to get even richer not the reversed.

This tax only hurts the poor

You have people who effectively spent a lot less on the purples they need and profited largely from it.

You will be competing with those people soon.. only you are paying more than they ever did

If they ever sold a single purple console, how many doff packs will you one able to farm prior to s7.
    Half you sell half you put into the fleet because you already have everything.
    And that's just the packs.

Whereas people coming into doff after elevated prices will have to pay excessive high prices and get locked out from ever getting to the useful ones.

It just builds a larger gap between rich and poor and if you are not in now good luck on the outside come season 7.
    edited October 2012
    vestereng wrote: »
    If anything this will give rich people a chance to get even richer not the reversed.

This tax only hurts the poor

You have people who effectively spent a lot less on the purples they need and profited largely from it.

You will be competing with those people soon.. only you are paying more than they ever did

If they ever sold a single purple console, how many doff packs will you one able to farm prior to s7.
    Half you sell half you put into the fleet because you already have everything.
    And that's just the packs.

Whereas people coming into doff after elevated prices will have to pay excessive high prices and get locked out from ever getting to the useful ones.

It just builds a larger gap between rich and poor and if you are not in now good luck on the outside come season 7.

your kidding right? Where do you think most of those greens on the exchange come from - doff packs? No the bulk come from me and several other guys like me who grind commons - you think that will continue after season 7?
    edited October 2012
    If we assume you personally is in charge of the full delivery of green doff for sto AND the fleet projects require all greens.

AND we assume there won't be a single green left when you stop putting them up what would that do to doff packs which usually drop 1 green ?
    That would put them as the no. 1 item to get, more so if we assume the above.

/edit

... which the rich will profit from by exploiting
    edited October 2012
    If we assume you personally is in charge of the full delivery of green doff for sto AND the fleet projects require all greens.

AND we assume there won't be a single green left when you stop putting them up what would that do to doff packs which usually drop 1 green ?
    That would put them as the no. 1 item to get, more so if we assume the above.

/edit

... which the rich will profit from by exploiting

I did not say just me - there are many like me who spend hours grinding - so yeah we profit from it? are you saying we shouldn't?

This is going to be worse than you expect because people like me will stop grinding the doffs.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Perhaps we should stop bickering and focus on the fact that no matter what way it may affect us personally as players it is pretty much universally something no one wants.

How many views and pages does this thread have to be before it gets *any* acknowledgement even if it's no more than a "begone peons" :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited October 2012
    Perhaps we should stop bickering and focus on the fact that no matter what way it may affect us personally as players it is pretty much universally something no one wants.

How many views and pages does this thread have to be before it gets *any* acknowledgement even if it's no more than a "begone peons" :o

I think you got your "begone peons" answer by this thread and others going this far without response.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I did not say just me - there are many like me who spend hours grinding - so yeah we profit from it? are you saying we shouldn't?

This is going to be worse than you expect because people like me will stop grinding the doffs.

At least YOU get what you've always wanted, even less PvP, combined factions (via homoginized/cross faction gear) and more dilithium sinks. Almost forgot you want the e-mail system destroyed as well.

Soon you'll have all that, the exodus has already begun. A few months from now you'll have nobody to play with except yourself.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited October 2012

No I am saying you are arguing my point that the rich will get rich - you opened up saying this was all an elaborate scheme to get the EC's out of the hands of the rich folks.

I say no it's just going to give them more power.

Do I personally have a problem with you being rich and profiteering over elevated prices from a favorable position ? No not really, I have everything in the game I want and they are not releasing a single item in season 7 I like - I mainly doff now and so they force me away from that too.
    What would be the point of grinding for 200 million if there is nothing I want.

And naturally the developers could care less what EC you have aslong as they are getting their dil, zen, cash.

You could have the cash limit in the game for all I care doesn't change there being no content in the game to go after when season 7 hit.

/edit

... and the doff dismantle is the nail in the coffin for me with the new prices since it's all I (had) left
    edited October 2012
    No I am saying you are arguing my point that the rich will get rich - you opened up saying this was all an elaborate scheme to get the EC's out of the hands of the rich folks.

I say no it's just going to give them more power.

Do I personally have a problem with you being rich and profiteering over elevated prices from a favorable position ? No not really, I have everything in the game I want and they are not releasing a single item in season 7 I like - I mainly doff now and so they force me away from that too.
    What would be the point of grinding for 200 million if there is nothing I want.

And naturally the developers could care less what EC you have aslong as they are getting their dil, zen, cash.

You could have the cash limit in the game for all I care doesn't change there being no content in the game to go after when season 7 hit.

Don't mistake things - this will become a major problem come season 7 - do you think any of us doff grinders to fill the exchange will continue? Do you think we are going to be buying up the junior packs for manybe 1 random green - 1 usefull commons and 3 bartenders/traders/advisors - that will now cost 500 dilth to grind?

I believe that Cryptic thinks there are not only too much EC out there but too much FM - and that people will start using the Fleet vendor more - maybe - but I doubt it.

I will come back to my main point - this is going through - onlt after that will we see any possible modifications.
    edited October 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    At least YOU get what you've always wanted, even less PvP, combined factions (via homoginized/cross faction gear) and more dilithium sinks. Almost forgot you want the e-mail system destroyed as well.

Soon you'll have all that, the exodus has already begun. A few months from now you'll have nobody to play with except yourself.

If they are smart the marketing dept will put an upgraded video of this in the trailers playing a few minutes before the new Star Trek movie comes out in May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x6EOcxMaI7o

How do you think that will work - i bet at least a massive influx of players after they see the trailer for STO the right afterwards see the star trek movie.

Should be good for a big boost - at least for the rest of 2013
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    diafpwe wrote: »
    Exactly. This isn't a game design issue, this is PWE fishing for ways to stick it to their customers.

I have no problem with that. My concerns are more that they aren't doing it effectively or sustainably.

I mean, you have a market in the form of ZEN/Dilithium. And markets are strong diagnostic tools... and more buying power per dil would be an effective confidence yardstick if they avoided direct market control. But I feel like they're treating the game economy as a proprietary centrally planned economy rather than as a diagnostic which rewards good work.

It pains me to say this somewhat, knowing where people would take it, but... It's communism. Not in terms of any of the side issues with historical communist regimes (no players are REALLY being oppressed) but in terms of basic market construction. It's treating the market as a centrally planned resource to be tapped rather than a natural force which prospers when uncontrolled or indirectly controlled and which acts as a diagnostic yardstick of productivity.

In general, I think a smarter method would be to limit dilithium taxation to demonstrable externalities in game behavior. Consumption of content is not, itself, an externality.
    edited October 2012
    Don't mistake things - this will become a major problem come season 7 - do you think any of us doff grinders to fill the exchange will continue? Do you think we are going to be buying up the junior packs for manybe 1 random green - 1 usefull commons and 3 bartenders/traders/advisors - that will now cost 500 dilth to grind?

I believe that Cryptic thinks there are not only too much EC out there but too much FM - and that people will start using the Fleet vendor more - maybe - but I doubt it.

I will come back to my main point - this is going through - onlt after that will we see any possible modifications.

Mistake what exactly

Didn't you already say the rich will get richer and that you are rich and control half the exchange ? And you will profit from it all. You also said that this was all planned to take the EC's away from the rich folk.. well I still don't see it.

Also I thought a doff pack would cost you more than 500 dil ?

And remember we are assuming here that all fleet projects require greens exclusively - which is your assumption, not mine.
    The projects up right now in my fleet are 2 x whites 1 x greens..

Anyway so in this here proposed scenario the question is how much would people be willing to spend on yes 1 green officer pr pack for their fleet projects ?
    In your proposal there are no greens left on the exchange outside packs.

Initially I'd say well how great is the EC pr. x dilithium value ?
    But then you also have to include the fact that getting it done as fast as possible is the actual value you are selling.
    And since by your admission you have a monopoly I'd speculate that prices are going to go up.

But in addition to the whole fleet thing you have to add "normal" people who are just looking for doff albeit I doubt that majority of the demand will come from there I actually think those people are going to be pushed out of doff'ing entirely.

And another thing I Just noticed is I use whites for officers exchanges so if nothing else I am going to stack up doff packs just for those.

All that being sad I kind of like the whole thing now the unknown outcome and seeing what is going to happen.
    Probably the most interactive part of season 7 is far :D
  • docroadie69docroadie69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    If I am going to take that much of an upcharge, then I want no randomness whatsoever regarding specialization. I want to be able to buy the EXACT specialization I need - not take a risk that if I need a biochemist out of the medical department, I end up with a doctor.

I don't care which biochemist I get, but for that kind of money, I expect a biochemist and not a doc!

I agree. Wouldn't Lt. Ferra help you buy the specific purple doff? Albeit that his doffs are pricey anyways. I think that's what Cryptic wants or are going to do. If you want to exchange to get a purple doff it'll cost you a total of 8,000-9000 dilith(if you start with commons) but you'll get a random purple. Or you can pay 12,000 Dilith and get the specific doff.

Either way is still too expense in my book. I'd say eliminate or triple the daily dilith cap. Or make it so that it shouldn't take a day and a half of dilithium for one purple officer or a whole month of dilithium to actually equip a ship using the crafting store.
    edited October 2012
    Mistake what exactly....

snip

this is so full of inaccuracies and "mistakes" about what I said - why don't you pull my own quotes to back up what you are saing.
    edited October 2012
    Couldn't you answer what I was mistaken ?

If you have any knowledge I don't I wouldn't mind getting it ;P

Just so far that wouldn't seem to be the case but it'd be great if it were.

Saying "you are mistaken" isn't bringing up anything new neither would quoting your old posts so bring up a point or arguement or I guess stop replying
    edited October 2012
    Mistake what exactly

Didn't you already say the rich will get richer and that you are rich and control half the exchange ?

Did not say this
    Also I thought a doff pack would cost you more than 500 dil ?

did not comment on this
    And remember we are assuming here that all fleet projects require greens exclusively - which is your assumption, not mine.
    The projects up right now in my fleet are 2 x whites 1 x greens..

did not say this
    Anyway so in this here proposed scenario the question is how much would people be willing to spend on yes 1 green officer pr pack for their fleet projects ?
    In your proposal there are no greens left on the exchange outside packs.

did not say this
    And since by your admission you have a monopoly I'd speculate that prices are going to go up.

did not imply this

Get the picture yet?
    edited October 2012
    I think you are trolling yourself now

Bring up a point or information about the doff or go home
    edited October 2012
    I think you are trolling yourself now

Bring up a point or information about the doff or go home

Short term memony problems? you specifically asked me to do this in the post before. Maybe you need to take a break.
    Couldn't you answer what I was mistaken ?

If you have any knowledge I don't I wouldn't mind getting it ;P

Just so far that wouldn't seem to be the case but it'd be great if it were.

Saying "you are mistaken" isn't bringing up anything new neither would quoting your old posts so bring up a point or arguement or I guess stop replying
    edited October 2012
    Lets not fill this thread up with inane flaming and arguing, it only plays into their hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited October 2012
    Lets not fill this thread up with inane flaming and arguing, it only plays into their hands.

Well said - you have my support.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    this is so full of inaccuracies and "mistakes" about what I said - why don't you pull my own quotes to back up what you are saing.
    Yeah, your perspective is of someone who makes purples because they want to sell them for EC. what makes you think the Devs like that?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Look, I think you are highly aggitative and at least boardline trolling and to be honest I don't care enough about your posts to read them again.

Just like if you have no new information to add I don't want to hear it.

And I am risking penalty for even replying to you at this point so one last time, add a point or some information and I will get back to you
  • xenovitaxenovita Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It doesn't cease to amaze me how the DEVs are avoiding commenting on this thread...

Like someone said here, they will start charging us for beaming to a planet...

Like the ferengis, putting strips of latinum when entering into a home or office.

Wanna load a map? 1000 dil
    Wanna start playing a mission? 2000 dil
    Wanna enter an STF queue? 3000 dil
    Wanna enter PvP queue 1000 dil (hey, is cheaper, we are promoting PvP!!!!!)
    Wanna visit your own bridge? 1500 dil
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    xenovita wrote: »
    Wanna visit your own bridge? 1500 dil
    Um... Not quite.
    That's with -33% off during Xmas holidays. :)

Still, the thread almost 40 pages long is about one thing - DoFF dil prices.
    Since devs never replied, we should accept that we're getting that on Holodeck no matter what we say more.
    I'm already thinking of skipping the whole DoFF part of the game, in the end I can always buy them on exchange for EC and not dil.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    HORRIBLE CHANGE :mad:

devs: **** YOU PLAYER BASE, YOU NEED TO BE CONVERTING REAL MONEY INTO DILITHIUM TO EVEN GET HALF OF THE CURRENT GAME EXPERIENCE

oh, the new omega reputation is just a small additional grind

oh, the new romulan reputation is just a small additional grind

oh, the new embassy is just a small additional grind

oh, we just gated your ability to gather doffs, so now grinding all this is INFINITELY more expensive

oh, wait till you get to tier 4 base stuff, its 10 times more expensive

so you see players, everything is just a very small increase in what you have to grind. except thats the biggest lie we have ever told, and this is actually an exponential, incalculable amount of new grind.

i'll do my best to ignore all this TRIBBLE and just pvp, the only thing they haven't ruined yet, mostly because they haven't done a single thing to it since day 1
    edited October 2012
    HORRIBLE CHANGE :mad:

devs: **** YOU PLAYER BASE, YOU NEED TO BE CONVERTING REAL MONEY INTO DILITHIUM TO EVEN GET HALF OF THE CURRENT GAME EXPERIENCE

oh, the new omega reputation is just a small additional grind

oh, the new romulan reputation is just a small additional grind

oh, the new embassy is just a small additional grind

oh, we just gated your ability to gather doffs, so now grinding all this is INFINITELY more expensive

oh, wait till you get to tier 4 base stuff, its 10 times more expensive

so you see players, everything is just a very small increase in what you have to grind. except thats the biggest lie we have ever told, and this is actually an exponential, incalculable amount of new grind.

i'll do my best to ignore all this TRIBBLE and just pvp, the only thing they haven't ruined yet, mostly because they haven't done a single thing to it since day 1

Lol as I have said before all the "improvements" are just a cover for the true intent which is to create dilithium sinks in every facet of the game... usually this intensity of monetization over just one update is the tipping point between the ascent of a game and it's decline.

Season 7: Dilithium Apocalypse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This should be interesting. I'm sure they are doing this to stop people from profiting from the DOff exchange. It's going to work, no question about it.

But it's going to drop dilithium exchange rates again, force DOff exchange prices to skyrocket, and make it once again impossible to upgrade starbases. This will effectively kill the only feature Cryptic released in S6.

Wait a minute, you mean they will release something one day... and then make it pointless the next? They've never done that before! (Kerrat war zone/take away the dilithium mission) (Fleet Events/Add fleet marks to investigate officer reports and commendation reports) (Add new Nukara ground zone/Take away the only reason anyone ever did it by adding a timer to the missions) Oh sorry about that, my inner monologue must be broke