test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New DOff Dilithium Costs

Comments

• thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    emperormak wrote: »
    Colony Mission 7/7 always gives a Blue. Never a Purple. 100% chance of a Blue. Crit means absolutely nothing. Failure means absolutely nothing. And you can only do it once, so being 15 minutes is not of any importance. As a "true doffer such as yourself", you should have known that.

If you're feeding a Starbase and sending those Purple DOFFs to several characters, 25/week isn't as much as you seem to think.

Besides, you claim to have 1500 Purple DOFFs. The DOFF system first appeared on December 1st, 2011. That was 47 weeks ago. Guess how many you've acquired per week. 31.9 purple DOFFs / week. Should I find your motives highly suspect ?

I'd ignore him on that he fabricated a number from a fundamental failure to parse my behaviour correctly.

Lol 31.9 DOFF's a week that is a little suspect I guess even for someone who grinds the dailies to death with like 15 alts, though it is doable, I suspect anything is doable if you have that much free time.

I didn't even know Purples were required for fleet stuff when all I ever hear is people moaning about commons and uncommons. Needless to say it's just pissed me off even more:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    He's known to have 11 alts.
    edited October 2012
    carl103 wrote: »
    He's known to have 11 alts.

Heheh maybe STO is his Job either that or he's uber rich :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited October 2012
    Well he made a fair few explicitlly to try a solo starbase. e's got his very own no one else in the fleet T3. Madman :P.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    More like extremely excessive.... I've read most of what Overlord posted in this and several other threads. He uses the compactor to mass-produce purples so he can sell them on exchange.

I'm not really sure why he feels the need to do that but... not my problem.

He's upset because the new changes will make it cost too much for him to keep doing that. Truthfully.... he's probably one of the reasons the devs added the increased cost.

He kept openning his mouth so much I knew eventually his true motives would slip out - admitting he was wanting to produce 10 purples every few hours at the grinder was the final nail in his coffin.

Many people - professional doffers and others who closely watch the numbers and make objective arguments like "stoleviathan99" have commented that there was someone or some players driving down the cost of purples on a mass scale - it seems like we have found at least 1 of those people.

unfortunately Overlord and others like him have forced Cryptic to take these drastic measures.

Take note Mr Stahl - the changes to grind up purples and blues are perfectly legitimate. But I would ask that you reconsider the cost to upgrade to greens due to the high demand for T3 upgrades and T4 progression - something like 100 dilth would be for more appropriate than 500.

Thanks

And for the rest - don't be fooled by Overlord he does not have your best interests in mind in his lenghtly arguements.
    edited October 2012
    Well he made a fair few explicitlly to try a solo starbase. e's got his very own no one else in the fleet T3. Madman :P.

I am the only one so fair that Cryptic is aware who has a Solo built Tier 3 starbase.

I do not have 11 alt - I don't know where that figure came from.

I have 25 characters.

10 are at max Cxp across the board which allowed me to game massive amounts of Fleet marks from the conversion.

They are also maxed to 400 slots - with most carrying only 300 - allowing space to fill up with whites - which i then provide to the exchange.

i provide hundreds of common doffs to the exchange every day

i also have all the purples that will allow me to run 33% crit success on the support colony mission

most of my Character can run the max 7 missions at one time of support colony with 33% crit - and turning in refugees, bluesw and purples.

I have spent a min 2000 hrs doffing - avg of 6 hrs a day every day

That is how i play the game.
    edited October 2012
    Colony Mission 7/7 always gives a Blue. Never a Purple. 100% chance of a Blue. Crit means absolutely nothing. Failure means absolutely nothing. And you can only do it once, so being 15 minutes is not of any importance. As a "true doffer such as yourself", you should have known that.

If you're feeding a Starbase and sending those Purple DOFFs to several characters, 25/week isn't as much as you seem to think.

Besides, you claim to have 1500 Purple DOFFs. The DOFF system first appeared on December 1st, 2011. That was 47 weeks ago. Guess how many you've acquired per week. 31.9 purple DOFFs / week. Should I find your motives highly suspect ?

See my last post for more details. I said I believe that is what you get as far as the 7/7 mission - I have not run one in over 6 months so I would need to investigate to find out for sure.

As i said there is a big difference - Overlord is claiming he has only a couple characters - until my last post I have never said just how many I have(25)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I am the only one so fair that Cryptic is aware who has a Solo built Tier 3 starbase.

I do not have 11 alt - I don't know where that figure came from.

I have 25 characters.

10 are at max Cxp across the board which allowed me to game massive amounts of Fleet marks from the conversion.

They are also maxed to 400 slots - with most carrying only 300 - allowing space to fill up with whites - which i then provide to the exchange.

i also have all the purples that will allow me to run 33% crit success on the support colony mission

most of my Character can run the max 7 missions at one time of support colony with 33% crit - and turning in refugees, bluesw and purples.

I have spent a min 2000 hrs doffing - avg of 6 hrs a day every day

That is how i play the game.

then they are proboly making this change because of you. thanks for that
    edited October 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    And I think I found some of the Exchange Profiteers ...

People trying to drive the prices down? what absurdity is this? Only reason anyone would ever do that is because they intend to sell then at a profit later ... its basically lowering the prices so when prices rise later due to either natural supply-demand or artificial means they can cash in.

Also I am not going to take lessons from someone that does not even know how Assignments work, I suspect those so called "professional doffers" are nothing but Exchange manipulators that having lost control over the DOFF prices are attempting to make Cryptic adopt changes so they can return to their profiteering ways.

Now ... Good day, Sir.

Your claiming I don't know doffing because I might have made a mistake over the exact figures or results for a mission that I have not done in over 6 months - great example. I used the words "I believe" for a reason - that being it has been so long. And prices are dropping because of suppy - and less demand. There are people flooding the market with purples and blues - but as of yet most starbase production only requires commons and greens for 99% of assignments. You should re-think your argument.

Regardless - i am confident that Cryptic will keep the new prices to grind intact - this is just a thread spinning wheels.

Edit: as a general rule I don't sell purples - i have no need - I doff : I like to have every possible doff i need - in addition I have no time to hussle them around between 25 characters - it would take weeks to organize them properly. Add to that I have over $700 million EC - and 1.5 million dilth - i am not overly concerned with any of these changes making me more resources that i have nothing that i need to spend it on. At fire sale prices I have another $2 billion is stored resources that i could sell - i have no time or need so they continue to build up in bank space - thankfully as a Gold sub I have lots of it.
    edited October 2012
    He kept openning his mouth so much I knew eventually his true motives would slip out - admitting he was wanting to produce 10 purples every few hours at the grinder was the final nail in his coffin.

Many people - professional doffers and others who closely watch the numbers and make objective arguments like "stoleviathan99" have commented that there was someone or some players driving down the cost of purples on a mass scale - it seems like we have found at least 1 of those people.

unfortunately Overlord and others like him have forced Cryptic to take these drastic measures.

Take note Mr Stahl - the changes to grind up purples and blues are perfectly legitimate. But I would ask that you reconsider the cost to upgrade to greens due to the high demand for T3 upgrades and T4 progression - something like 100 dilth would be for more appropriate than 500.

Thanks

And for the rest - don't be fooled by Overlord he does not have your best interests in mind in his lenghtly arguements.

I think your own "petitions" and besmerchment of a user that has only been playing for 2 months is all anyone needs to know about your comments and the veracity or lackof of your arguments which were discounted and discredited for their narrow outlook based on the experiences of someone who spends an inordinate amount of time on this game.

Furthermore you created the idea that I am producing purple doffs @ a rate of 25 a week, which as you know with 3 characters and little time would actually require more EC and Dlithium than would be rewarded in EC. Your false accusations are indicative though of someone who has lost an argument and has begun using personal attacks in an attempt to divert the ongoing dialogue.

As I have already said I am more than happy for restrictions on the creation of purple doffs in the grinder by using a Doff Marks system or something similar, I am and have been against more than anything else the imposition of a dilithium sink which already makes an incredibly expensive process for the average user in less plausible.

The sad thing about your attack on the average user is the very people you claim to oppose those that are ironically making some kind of profit from reducing the price of the very thing they are selling will still only stand to gain by this Dilthium sink.

It is clear that if these profiteers do infact exist that it is logical to assume that they have not only vast funds but a vast amount of purple doffs stored. Once ordinary people can no longer grind blues for purples due to being priced out these same profiteers you take issue with will have an even stronger position in a market under-supplied, then they will be able to sell their stored doffs for many times the price they currently are, these profiteers only benefit from this change.

The sad part is that you have used all this to distract from the overall dialogue in this thread where by a clear majority the average users have come out against this change fully seeing the damage it will do to their fleets and characters ability to progress in the doff system.

Thankyou though I believe your stance has actually convinced more people of the essential unfairness of these changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Maybe but its a fixed price, not counting the 5 Blue DOFFs being lost and also Lt. Ferra is a honest Kilrathi ... I mean Caitian and you see what you are getting, its not a LOL Random system ... you pay the Cat, you get the DOFF you picked.

The markup is understandable besides its 12k? I could have swore it was 8k that was the daily limit, perhaps I am mistaken it with Blues but still its one system with no input loss and no chance system.

And as I said, its not a issue because they are more that happy in drowning me with Purples if I go the DOFF pack route, even this route does nothing besides ... P2W since, again, they happily allow me to bypass the Refined Dilithium limits if I buy it from the exchange and no, dont bring up the "some player had to put it up" because we dont know, nothing stops Cryptic of adding Dilithium to the Exchange and we do know Cryptic developers have brought Golden Lockboxes before from the Exchange instead of letting the market "solve itself", I dont have a problem with that (as I am not a believer of the so called "player driven economy") but it certainly sets the notion they are not going to set in when its convenient to them.

If I am allowed to circumvent a "balance" system with money, its P2W ... if anything this prices rises exist only to drive people into spending real money in Zen Points so they can buy Dilithium or to buy DOFF packs.
    If you buy purple doffs from Ferra's store he charges 12k dil. Some are very useful. Others.... are meh. And yeah that's more than the 8k you can refine each day.

So the new compactor charges 5k and 5 blues for a purple. Hmm.... let's compare the doff store with the compactor hmm?

greens: 500 from compactor 1k from ferra
    blues: 2.5k vs 6k
    purples: 5k vs 12k

so... except for green, the prices are 5/12 what you would be charged if you could buy that doff in ferra's store.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited October 2012
    I think your own "petitions" and besmerchment of a user that has only been playing for 2 months is all anyone needs to know about your comments and the veracity or lackof of your arguments which were discounted and discredited for their narrow outlook based on the experiences of someone who spends an inordinate amount of time on this game.

Furthermore you created the idea that I am producing purple doffs @ a rate of 25 a week, which as you know with 3 characters and little time would actually require more EC and Dlithium than would be rewarded in EC. Your false accusations are indicative though of someone who has lost an argument and has begun using personal attacks in an attempt to divert the ongoing dialogue.

As I have already said I am more than happy for restrictions on the creation of purple doffs in the grinder by using a Doff Marks system or something similar, I am and have been against more than anything else the imposition of a dilithium sink which already makes an incredibly expensive process for the average user in less plausible.

The sad thing about your attack on the average user is the very people you claim to oppose those that are ironically making some kind of profit from reducing the price of the very thing they are selling will still only stand to gain by this Dilthium sink.

It is clear that if these profiteers do infact exist that it is logical to assume that they have not only vast funds but a vast amount of purple doffs stored. Once ordinary people can no longer grind blues for purples due to being priced out these same profiteers you take issue with will have an even stronger position in a market under-supplied, then they will be able to sell their stored doffs for many times the price they currently are, these profiteers only benefit from this change.

The sad part is that you have used all this to distract from the overall dialogue in this thread where by a clear majority the average users have come out against this change fully seeing the damage it will do to their fleets and characters ability to progress in the doff system.

Thankyou though I believe your stance has actually convinced more people of the essential unfairness of these changes.
    I'm gonna continue business as usual. I don't use it that much so it won't bother me. the only people it really hurts are those that overuse it. That is either people who want to sell purples or people who are new players and haven't figured out that the compactor is the expensive way to get doffs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited October 2012
    I'm gonna continue business as usual. I don't use it that much so it won't bother me. the only people it really hurts are those that overuse it. That is either people who want to sell purples or people who are new players and haven't figured out that the compactor is the expensive way to get doffs.

EC and Dilithium expensive but time is more important to me.

As you already say it is expensive enough as it is, adding this extra sink will simply push people onto buying direct from the exchange and play straight into the hands of these so-called profiteers who no doubt have been stockpiling doffs for a very long time.

If you buy purple doffs from Ferra's store he charges 12k dil. Some are very useful. Others.... are meh. And yeah that's more than the 8k you can refine each day.

So the new compactor charges 5k and 5 blues for a purple. Hmm.... let's compare the doff store with the compactor hmm?

greens: 500 from compactor 1k from ferra
    blues: 2.5k vs 6k
    purples: 5k vs 12k

so... except for green, the prices are 5/12 what you would be charged if you could buy that doff in ferra's store.

You under the misconception that people are willing to pay and actually even buy Doffs from Ferra. I think I've bought 1 from him. that's it. Any product is only worth what people are willing to pay.

Record companies may price a CD @ ?12.99 but most people are no longer willing to accept that as a price they are willing to pay so they don't.

Markup does not actually reflect true market value, and this discussion is a diversion from the main point the majority here feel it is an unfair and unaffordable dilithium sink that will push them away from doffing.

So lets stick to and focus on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited October 2012

I will go with is sound reasoning+your prior example since my posts tend to be much more dramatic.

People are using the grinder for blues or purples are either looking to make a massive profit and at the same time buy flooding the market are cheapening the value of doffs, or they are doing it to quickly get purples and are wasting blues.

If this issue IS really aboy starbases as some are claiming it is - then I have already stated Mr Stahl should lower the cost to convert to greens from 500 to 100.

That is all this thread should be about.

The good news is that I can continue with this thread while doffing at the same time:)
    edited October 2012
    EC and Dilithium expensive but time is more important to me.

As you already say it is expensive enough as it is, adding this extra sink will simply push people onto buying direct from the exchange and play straight into the hands of these so-called profiteers who no doubt have been stockpiling doffs for a very long time.

You under the misconception that people are willing to pay and actually even buy Doffs from Ferra. I think I've bought 1 from him. that's it. Any product is only worth what people are willing to pay.

Record companies may price a CD @ ?12.99 but most people are no longer willing to accept that as a price they are willing to pay so they don't.

Markup does not actually reflect true market value, and this discussion is a diversion from the main point the majority here feel it is an unfair and unaffordable dilithium sink that will push them away from doffing.

So lets stick to and focus on that.
    Only the desperate ones. If you're not desperate to get purples and blues immediately you don't have that problem. (guess who rarely buys doffs off exchange?)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited October 2012
    I will go with is sound reasoning+your prior example since my posts tend to be much more dramatic.

People are using the grinder for blues or purples are either looking to make a massive profit and at the same time buy flooding the market are cheapening the value of doffs, or they are doing it to quickly get purples and are wasting blues.

If this issue IS really aboy starbases as some are claiming it is - then I have already stated Mr Stahl should lower the cost to convert to greens from 500 to 100.

That is all this thread should be about.

The good news is that I can continue with this thread while doffing at the same time:)

The thread is about what the majority of people feel, that is that this is a Dilithium sink we do not want. That is all the thread should be about.

As I already said all this sink will do is play into the hands of the profiteers you seem to be obsessed with, they will have full run of the exchange after this and no doubt if they are anything like you they have 1000's of doffs in reserve whose value will multiple by 50x if this change stands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited October 2012
    The thread is about what the majority of people feel, that is that this is a Dilithium sink we do not want. That is all the thread should be about.

As I already said all this sink will do is play into the hands of the profiteers you seem to be obsessed with, they will have full run of the exchange after this and no doubt if they are anything like you they have 1000's of doffs in reserve whose value will multiple by 50x if this change stands.
    Yeah well, a lot of people were unhappy about dilithium being added to the game..... they have all either gotten over it or left. Personally, I didn't care.

I think you're a bit paranoid about profiteers. But I am expecting to see prices rise.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Blue to purple should be pricey
    Green to blue not so much
    White to green should be borderline free, like it is now
    Doff recruitment packs should be free, like it is now

This is not for those of us who have been playing the doff system for a long time with more doffs than we know what to do with. It is for the new player starting from scratch having to put in a crapton more resources than we did in the past. Resources they do not have.
    edited October 2012
    Yeah well, a lot of people were unhappy about dilithium being added to the game..... they have all either gotten over it or left. Personally, I didn't care.

I think you're a bit paranoid about profiteers. But I am expecting to see prices rise.

Ah but you see I'm not paranoid about profiteers, that is Levi's main issue, I for one even question if such profiteers exist.

I see a far more likely scenario for the drop in purple doff prices, if people are creating purple doffs at the grinder it stands to reason that at times they will produce doffs they don't need, all it takes is a few thousand users doing this methods and posting uneeded doffs on the exchange.

It seems to me that it's similar to the console market where everyone producing consoles from alien artifacts and most Purple XII consoles are now worth hardly anything with only the more sort after items like Mag Regulators and Neutronium hulls that go for crazy prices.

Yet I see no proposal to "fix" the console assignment by bashing it full of dilithium.
    bareel wrote: »
    Blue to purple should be pricey
    Green to blue not so much
    White to green should be borderline free, like it is now
    Doff recruitment packs should be free, like it is now

This is not for those of us who have been playing the doff system for a long time with more doffs than we know what to do with. It is for the new player starting from scratch having to put in a crapton more resources than we did in the past. Resources they do not have.

Indeed resources already sorely taxed by the new STF dilithium sinks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited October 2012
    All you people need to focas on something that you have a hope in hell of getting changed:

My proposal to reduce the grinding costs of commons to greens from 500 to 100 dilth

Anything more and you are just wasting thread space.
    edited October 2012
    Markhawkman: I've allready pointed out how usless the Doff system is without a good roster. i've allready pointed out the limitations in how many doffs you can convert through the embassy's, i've allready pointed out the isues with failure and disaster chances on the chains leading upto them and with the poor quality rewards you'll see even once you complete them if your white doffs are not ideal.

To suggest that you can convert doffs as quickly as you can aquirre them from the academy missions, even without general recruitment is false. To Suggest that you can quickly or easily aquire acess to the alternate methods on a new character or for a new player is false. o suggest there is anything of any worth in the doff system beyond the contraband/colonist turn in's without a good doff roster is false.

The fact is for a new player with average playtime avalibiltity with only the outputs of the academy missions for doff sourcing it WILL be a multi-month grind to get all the various chains done, and another multi month grind, (or worrse), to actually get a roster capble of giving decent rewards.

I can tell you right now, most players will just go. "why bother". No player is willingly going to spend a half a year or more grinding away at the doff system, just to get somthing useful out of it. Especially given the rewards are at best equivelent to a single daily. Oh, wow. They're just not going to bother with it.

Thats the issue here. It might seem ok to you that it takes an age to get a decent roster. But your forgeting that most people are going to look at the rewards vs cost first. Right now your looking at a system that eitheir costs stupid amounts of dil, stupid amounts of EC, or stupid amlounts of time to even begin getting decent rewards out of it. Given there's so many other things they coudl be doing, all of wich give at least sme immiddiette benefit, they're not going to bother wit a system they have to invest in on a massive scale to get anything out of.
    edited October 2012
    All you people need to focas on something that you have a hope in hell of getting changed:

My proposal to reduce the grinding costs of commons to greens from 500 to 100 dilth

Anything more and you are just wasting thread space.

I think not. Until we get answers, I see no need to stop asking questions and displaying our dislike of this change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited October 2012
    I think not. Until we get answers, I see no need to stop asking questions and displaying our dislike of this change.

Who will you get answer from? So far I am 2 and 0 with Mr Stahl on his last blog.

Who got him to post the Dilth reward changes? I did.

Who got him to change the payout structure for fleet missions removing the 2x reward for 1st/2nd place which would have collapsed any team this game had? I did.

I will make this suggestion to you guys again - focas on the common to green conversion.
    edited October 2012
    Markhawkman: I've allready pointed out how usless the Doff system is without a good roster. i've allready pointed out the limitations in how many doffs you can convert through the embassy's, i've allready pointed out the isues with failure and disaster chances on the chains leading upto them and with the poor quality rewards you'll see even once you complete them if your white doffs are not ideal.

To suggest that you can convert doffs as quickly as you can aquirre them from the academy missions, even without general recruitment is false. To Suggest that you can quickly or easily aquire acess to the alternate methods on a new character or for a new player is false. o suggest there is anything of any worth in the doff system beyond the contraband/colonist turn in's without a good doff roster is false.

The fact is for a new player with average playtime avalibiltity with only the outputs of the academy missions for doff sourcing it WILL be a multi-month grind to get all the various chains done, and another multi month grind, (or worrse), to actually get a roster capble of giving decent rewards.

I can tell you right now, most players will just go. "why bother". No player is willingly going to spend a half a year or more grinding away at the doff system, just to get somthing useful out of it. Especially given the rewards are at best equivelent to a single daily. Oh, wow. They're just not going to bother with it.

Thats the issue here. It might seem ok to you that it takes an age to get a decent roster. But your forgeting that most people are going to look at the rewards vs cost first. Right now your looking at a system that eitheir costs stupid amounts of dil, stupid amounts of EC, or stupid amlounts of time to even begin getting decent rewards out of it. Given there's so many other things they coudl be doing, all of wich give at least sme immiddiette benefit, they're not going to bother wit a system they have to invest in on a massive scale to get anything out of.
    LOL! if you think that's all doffing is good for you suck at it. :D

My doffs manufacture a wide variety of equipment items for me. They also acquire an array of various commodities for me. you can also get fleet marks if you know what you're doing. :D (and I do those regularly)

Beleive it or not, you aren't the average doffer. You have very specific goals in doffing, mainly the acquisition of dilithium.

Officer exchanges work quite nicely as long as you use a white or green with at least 1 + trait. you can even use greens bought from Ferra! It's a bit expense but it works nicely.

You seem to be expecting low level players to compact to get decent rosters, yeah right... Players with only 15 doffs are unlikely to feel the need to compact them. You can't do much with only 15 doffs, but you can't do much of anything with less than that.

Like I've said before.... it's an MMO they don't do instant gratification, at least not for free. If you want instant gratification, pay for it! :p Getting a good doff roster is like leveling a character from 1 to 50. If you can do it quickly there's no sense of accomplishment. And more to the point, the game has little interest if you can easily get everything you want.

But I have to agree with Overlord on wanting to know why the devs changed it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012

And that makes you a massive hypocrite.

How can you criticize someone for using the grinder to make VR DOFFs for the purpose of selling them on the exchange. And then admit that you sell your Common DOFFs on the exchange. There is no difference. You act as if there's something inherently wrong about selling VR DOFFs. Yet it's perfectly fine for you to sell hundreds of Common DOFFs each day.

You accuse other people of manipulating the VR DOFF market. Yet you are almost certainly manipulating the Common DOFF market to a greater degree than those people selling 10 VR DOFFs each day. Not only that, but your profits are significantly higher than someone selling a dozen VR DOFFs from the grinder.

But go ahead. Continue criticizing people for doing in a very minor way what you are doing on a much greater scale.
    edited October 2012
    And that makes you a massive hypocrite.

How can you criticize someone for using the grinder to make VR DOFFs for the purpose of selling them on the exchange. And then admit that you sell your Common DOFFs on the exchange. There is no difference. You act as if there's something inherently wrong about selling VR DOFFs. Yet it's perfectly fine for you to sell hundreds of Common DOFFs each day.

You accuse other people of manipulating the VR DOFF market. Yet you are almost certainly manipulating the Common DOFF market to a greater degree than those people selling 10 VR DOFFs each day. Not only that, but your profits are significantly higher than someone selling a dozen VR DOFFs from the grinder.

But go ahead. Continue criticizing people for doing in a very minor way what you are doing on a much greater scale.

Perhaps English is not your first language - look up the term "Hypocrite"

If I were telling people not to grind purples, but instead was doing it myself - then I would be a "Hypocrite"

Instead what i am doing is providing a item to the market which is in HIGH demand, thereby keeping the price from rising - which most people want.

By grinding purples, which are a LOW demand item, and placing them on the market this drives down the price - which most people don't want(including Cryptic from my understanding)

Example I can place 100 commons at 74k and have them sold in a few minutes - this is because there is a massive demand for them.

A purple grinder comes along and because they don't sell as fast keeps undercutting the other guys - this drops the prices and value of these "end game" items to where they lose core value as something to work for - and that part of the system collapse.

On top of that we are also due for another high end doff pack promo which guarentees a high end doff - do you think Cryptic wants to have the prices of high end doffs depressed on the exchange for this coming doff pack sale? It is almost certain that there will be one next month. This is just one of the reasons for the grinder changes in my mind.

Because these promos are not announced too far in advance you people here demanding an answer for the changes will most likely get nothing.

I don't like to go into what I know as people put it down as rumor or my various mental problems.

I will say 1 last time - don't waste your time focasing on getting changes to the blues and purples - it's not going to happen. Focus on the common to green conversion.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just noticed this and my response is Whaaaaat the Heeeell Man??!?! Have ye no standards!??!
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Perhaps English is not your first language - look up the term "Hypocrite"

If I were telling people not to grind purples, but instead was doing it myself - then I would be a "Hypocrite"
    the grinder is being used by people to PROFITEER - by supplying the market with toons cheap to produce blues and purples...

HYPOCRITE -- "a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings."

It's not much of a distinction. Selling Blues/Purples for a profit is profiteering, but selling whites for even greater profit is perfectly acceptable. Method of acquisition is not really relevant to the issue that you are just as "guilty" of profiteering as people selling Blues/Purples.
    Instead what i am doing is providing a item to the market which is in HIGH demand, thereby keeping the price from rising - which most people want.

By grinding purples, which are a LOW demand item, and placing them on the market this drives down the price - which most people don't want(including Cryptic from my understanding)

Example I can place 100 commons at 74k and have them sold in a few minutes - this is because there is a massive demand for them.

I find it funny that you believe most people want the price of Common DOFFs to stay low, but also want the price of Purple DOFFs to rise. The average player would love to see Purple DOFFs go lower. That way, they might actually be able to afford one. The number of players with hundreds of millions of EC is quite small. Most players are happy to have 2 million EC. There is a large demand for Purple DOFFs. Most players just don't have the resources to actually purchase them in large quantities.
    On top of that we are also due for another high end doff pack promo which guarentees a high end doff - do you think Cryptic wants to have the prices of high end doffs depressed on the exchange for this coming doff pack sale? It is almost certain that there will be one next month. This is just one of the reasons for the grinder changes in my mind.

Now that actually has some logic to it. Though you're conceding that the entire purpose to raising the dilithium cost is greed and has nothing to do with balance. Which is exactly what this entire thread has been about.
    I will say 1 last time - don't waste your time focasing on getting changes to the blues and purples - it's not going to happen. Focus on the common to green conversion.

They're brilliant when it comes to the other conversions, but when it comes to the White--->Green grinder, they're wrong. Everyone who is unhappy about the Green--->Blue or Blue--->Purple grinder are playing the game wrong, but the White--->Green is totally different. Great logic there.