What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1000 day Veteran Reward

Comments

• Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm among those with 37 days and counting. :)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Since I'm at 48 days can I fly one of your guys' next month to test it out? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Since I'm at 48 days can I fly one of your guys' next month to test it out? :)
    :P maaaaaybe, I'll actually be on holiday when i get mine so i might not get to play with it until days later.

I just realised with the ford pickup reference earlier, we're currently the 37's!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The more I think about it, the more I think it'll be Odyssey/Bortas variants...

And that we'll see the support craft get C-Store versions.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited September 2012
    What ever it is, I can almost guarantee it'l be a cruiser.

This is after all, Cruiser Trek Online! :P ;)
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Grmbl, 37 days, that means around 5 weeks until we get the information about the ships.

I don't think so, that would annoy even more people than a T5 TOS-Constitution.

If it would be as strong as the C-Store flagships the people who bought them would complain (because they don't get anything really new and they paid while others get it for free), alongside those who never wanted an Odyssey/Bortas. If it would be less strong people would complain that they either already bought the good one or are supposed to etc.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2012
    Personally I wouldn't mind if we were given a choice of one of the ships from both the C-Store and the lock box ships. Some people might take a C-Store ship, others might take one of the lock box ships (including the old ones.)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Grmbl, 37 days, that means around 5 weeks until we get the information about the ships.

I don't think so, that would annoy even more people than a T5 TOS-Constitution.

If it would be as strong as the C-Store flagships the people who bought them would complain (because they don't get anything really new and they paid while others get it for free), alongside those who never wanted an Odyssey/Bortas. If it would be less strong people would complain that they either already bought the good one or are supposed to etc.

I assume the costume will be the bigger perk of the vet reward and the ship itself will be inferior to a C-Store ship or equal and capable of using one or more C-Store consoles.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    azerdraco wrote: »
    In other words you are getting:

A starship variant (most likely cosmetic)
    A free starship slot (For those of you that just HAVE to collect them all)
    An exclusive Forum Title

Cryptic and PWE, please note that these types of rewards do NOT encourage people to shell out 300 USD for a lifetime membership, or the equivalent of $0.50 daily in monthly membership fees.

Please find better ways to reward your Gold members than with beads and trinkets. This is not Manhattan and we are not naieve natives that you can fool forever.

Some possibilities for Gold member rewards, since I believe anyone who denegrates a system should have an idea how it can be fixed:

GOLD Master Keys - one free per month to all Gold Members - allows you to open 10 lockboxes of your choice.
    Latinum Series Master Keys - available only to Gold members with 500 days or more - allows you to open any number of lockboxs of a particular series (Each series key sold seperately) - available for the price of a 10 pack of regular keys in the Z Store
    Latinum Master Key - K Series - A reward at 1000 days - Bound to Account, so it can be traded across characters - Allows unlimited opening of all lockboxes released up to and including the 1000 day mark of the game. (This means that the K1 series released with the 1000 day rewards would open Cardassian, Ferengi, and Tholian Lockboxes.)

The Latinum Series Keys are purchaseable, but the Gold and K Series keys are not.
    The Gold Keys have a limited use, but neither of the Latinum Keys do (They are permanent keys)

If you were to implement this in some form, you would ensure that your PAYING MEMBERS would be the ones actually grabbing lockboxes in the hopes of winning the top prizes.

Do as you will, but realize that the longer that these Veteran rewards are left as purely Cosmetic, the fewer new subscribers you will attract.

you wait for a sale on lifetime

gon't think they will add anything else to it
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Iam hoping for w/e type ship it is.. (wells class I hope) itll contain the first ever ship to have all universal bof layout to allow any sort of combinations for a cpt to use.. would be a bad TRIBBLE 1000 day gift for us old timers :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Based on the combats we've seen the Wells in we know it's a Science Vessel - as it only has 6 weapon slots.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012

omg i realy hope not i got 4 odysseys now the free one and the three variant pack lol what would i need a 5th one for lol
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    omg i realy hope not i got 4 odysseys now the free one and the three variant pack lol what would i need a 5th one for lol

This. I have 3 Odysseys and 3 Bortas. Obviously on different characters. I am hoping for a completely new ship not some type of variation of an existing playable ship. So no retrofits and no T5 Constitution.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No to more Odysseys.

YES to T5 Connie.

If we remove all Connie references from this game then all the ships with the classic saucer/ hull and nacelles would have to be reworked so everything looked like a Defiant.

I'll never understand those that hate on the Connie while worshipping the ships and series that stand on the backs of THE Enterprise and TOS.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    No to more Odysseys.

YES to T5 Connie.

If we remove all Connie references from this game then all the ships with the classic saucer/ hull and nacelles would have to be reworked so everything looked like a Defiant.

I'll never understand those that hate on the Connie while worshipping the ships and series that stand on the backs of THE Enterprise and TOS.

Cause its over a hundred years out of date. Having it be on par with Tier 5 ships makes no sense.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,507 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ody / Bortas Real T6 Dreadnough

With 3 Narcells (on the Ody at least) and inbuild phaser / disruptor lance :D
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ody / Bortas Real T6 Dreadnough

With 3 Narcells (on the Ody at least) and inbuild phaser / disruptor lance :D

That would be interesting.

And I mainly think it's an Oddy/Bortas because I th the primary value of the 1000 day vet reward will be that it unlocks a costume for an existing ship or group of ships.

There are quite a few Oddy/Bortas ships. (4 versions of each.) nd yet only one costume. So an extra costume would synergize well with that.

In particular, for the Oddy, I can see:

Round saucer (frequently requested)
    Single neck (frequently requested)
    Forward nacelles (like the Sovvie C-Store ship)
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oddy variants. A Wells variant. An Undyne ship that takes the forms of three different variants. All veteran rewards that I can't use.

Guess I should start preparing myself for disappointment.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I assume the costume will be the bigger perk of the vet reward and the ship itself will be inferior to a C-Store ship or equal and capable of using one or more C-Store consoles.

Since I didn't get warm with the flagship classes (friggin' bathtub turn rate) it would be the most useless veteran reward possible for me.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Cause its over a hundred years out of date. Having it be on par with Tier 5 ships makes no sense.

The D'kyr ist 200 years out of date. The Excelsior is around 100 years old too.

While the Constitution (or Excalibur/Vesper for all I care) would be my personal favourite, I would really love to see the Wells with a bird of prey boff setup. It already has the same number of weapon slots. Maybe that could even lure me out of my Excelsior.:D
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I assume the Wells/Korath are the next Lockbox ships.

An interesting Vet Reward would be to just give everyone a free C-Store or Fleet Store token per character. So you can choose 1 free C-Store ship for the character or 1 free Fleetbase Ship. That way everyone gets what they want.
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A free c-store purchase would be cool. I know lots of players would love that.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Not exactly an exclusive then, is it?

Granted, I have a fleetmate who says he'll quit if 1000 day vets get an exclusive ship but I think it kinda defeats the point of vet rewards if the high end ones don't have some kind of exclusive access to something desirable, in order to draw people into subs or lifetimes.

Granted, I also think vet rewards should change to paid time if the goal is to make sales. That way folks with some progress aren't waiting around. They can just pay off the balance up to 1000 days or buy a lifetime.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not exactly an exclusive then, is it?

Granted, I have a fleetmate who says he'll quit if 1000 day vets get an exclusive ship but I think it kinda defeats the point of vet rewards if the high end ones don't have some kind of exclusive access to something desirable, in order to draw people into subs or lifetimes.

Granted, I also think vet rewards should change to paid time if the goal is to make sales. That way folks with some progress aren't waiting around. They can just pay off the balance up to 1000 days or buy a lifetime.

they already said the 1000 days reward was a new ship. something that will never be in a lockbox or on the c-store, or else its not "exclusive". they said its nto a refit/retrofit or a new skin. yet he's still playing.

as for "paying off" i dont think someone who joins the game tommorow and buys a lifetime sub should get access to everything on the reward list on day 1.
  • Options
    madmikedkmadmikedk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    my account says 950 days as a liftimer so 50 more days then we all will know :P
  • Options
    angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I assume the Wells/Korath are the next Lockbox ships.

An interesting Vet Reward would be to just give everyone a free C-Store or Fleet Store token per character. So you can choose 1 free C-Store ship for the character or 1 free Fleetbase Ship. That way everyone gets what they want.

A free C-Store ship or choice from any of the lock box ships.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lock Box Ship Reward - I like it but I don't. I would like a D'Kora for my Ferengi as well as a Galor, but if I would claim it now and later on a Chel Grett came out I would be disappointed. The other edge of that sword is - What if I retain my claim and the Chel Grett never makes it to a lockbox? So no thanks for me, I'd rather have something unique/original.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Almost like a certain even older Vulcan ship at Tier 5?

If you're in a Fleet you can even get Tier 2 ships at Tier 5 now.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Almost like a certain even older Vulcan ship at Tier 5?

If you're in a Fleet you can even get Tier 2 ships at Tier 5 now.

The design might have come from the 22nd Century, but since it is a Vulcan ship, then their technology had centuries to be further refined so a Vulcan ship from the 22nd Century is better designed than a human ship from the 23rd Century. There is also less room for changes in Vulcan ship design since they are not known for rapid changes to their society.

For Fleet ships, all the original designs come from the 24th or 25th Century so they don't have such a long time between when the ship was designed and the start of the game as the TOS Enterprise.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The design might have come from the 22nd Century, but since it is a Vulcan ship, then their technology had centuries to be further refined so a Vulcan ship from the 22nd Century is better designed than a human ship from the 23rd Century.

You are overlooking one teensy little thing. While it shared many design features with the NX-class the Constitution was a Federation starship, not an Earth starship. There's no reason that the Vulcans would prefer using and having their borders guarded by inferior ships. Also: The Defiant blows up your point.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm gonna preface this by reminding everybody once again I don't work for PWE, and don't have any inside info. So this is entirely made up by me, and if it later turns out to be the actual case, it's solely because I'm psychic and win and awesome and stuff:

Maybe they'll finally take the plunge and 1000 day vets will open all lockboxes free like DCUO.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".