What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1000 day Veteran Reward

Comments

• Options
    wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Let me start off by saying I am not pressing to get standard gold sub'ers bumped up on getting these ships. But at that rate, why not instantly upgrade anyone who is paying for a subscription? In a period of three years, with the reduced lifetime price, they still make more money off of yearly subscribers (future value of a dollar-wise). If a person has had or agreed to "x" time period in subscriptions, why not lump them in too?

I've had my life time sub for awhile now. I paid a subscription for the game for a couple of months while I saved up for the lifetime subscription, then a month or two after the game first launched I bought it.
    They might as well bump up the Gold subbers, the veteran rewards (A.K.A. Lifetime perks) don't mean much anyway anymore.
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Feds get an impractical transformer, KDF gets glorious space phallus.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There are some noteworthy things about the new shiny LTA Ship i would like to let you guys who have not yet got your hands on it to know about.

first some feedback to the visuals:

- NO Federation Pin Stripes or Starfleet Logos (at all)

- lack of running lights (only 2 on the side of the saucer, both red, no green) there should be more on such a big ship.

- oldschool 2010 style, Weapon Hardpoint Pimples are back (less ugly placed than on the old launchday Ships, but still obsolete, i'd suggest some clerasil to finally get rid of them)

- Shipname + Registry Number only on the Saucer section, no identification details on the nacelles / struts / belly or anywhere else where you would normally expect it

- No Fleet Emblem (at all)

so much for JamzJamz Shipyard.

Now to Geko's Engineering Section:

The Phaser Lotus power MISSFIRES ...a lot

let me explain the power first
    first you see some sort of loading sequence where the big huge orange *phaser banks* glow, as in heating up.
    then it rapid fires a few fat beams, really really fast (as you have probably seen by now).

so.

You need to have a target,
    that target needs to be and stay alive
    or the power will just STOP.

i had it like 10 times now that i targeted an NPC Ship that was about to explode and wanted to use the Phaser Lotus as a finishing move, only to see the NPC explode before the "loading" sequence of the power was even finished and it did not fire at any of the other NPC Ships around me after that either.
    You would expect it to work like Beam Fire at Will, so that it keeps shooting all other targets after the main target is gone, or without targeting any particular NPC, but it does not work out like that.

The good thing is that the power does usually not go into cooldown after missfiring, you just need to select the next target and fire again.

So its not like a huge issue, just slightly annoying because it's not a fire and forget power, you have to pay attention that it has enough time so it can do what it's supposed to do before the enemy explodes.

The Transformation Animation sometimes can get stuck.
    I had this problem before on other Ships like the MVAM-Prometheus, the Odyssey or the Bortas'qu when they use their separation powers that the animation got stuck in one mode after a cooldown ended, and the button in the Powertray only produced a cloud of fog but did neither start or end the power correctly again.
    (i have no reproduction steps for this, happens rarely and randomly)

In the last 2 days i have already seen this happening ONCE with the new 1000 day veteran Ship that it got stuck in attack mode and would not go back into regenerative mode but instead just make a sound, produce a white smoke cloud and the power did not do anything else, until i had to respawn.

Just thought some players might want to be aware of that before they jump on the lifetime sale.

Quality over Quantity and all that ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No pin stripes?

NO PIN STRIPES?!?!

Oh, that is it. :mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    lol... yeah... i know it seems silly, but hey do you know how much detail work goes into a Star Trek Ship to make it look somewhat believable on screen?

look at that Video
    http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/drex-tv-02/

Timeframe 9:30 - 11:50

then come back and tell me this stuff is not important :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Isn't this an "Art of Star Trek Online" post?
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »
    No pin stripes?

NO PIN STRIPES?!?!

Oh, that is it. :mad:

Forget that! I want RACING stripes on MY ship! And it had better be by default, too. I don't wanna have to waste all of the time to step over the customizer and select my stripes. :mad:
  • Options
    wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Feds get an impractical transformer, KDF gets glorious space phallus.

Sorry to laugh but LOL.
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Isn't this an "Art of Star Trek Online" post?

nope... i also wrote about the powers of the ship if you read the whole thing...

the pin stripes and stuff really just is to be complete about my feedback,
    still, anything that can be added fixed IF somebody is willing to do it would be appreciated.

and i placed it in general here so that people can see what is not written about the ship in the big PR Blog on the News page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    The Phaser Lotus power MISSFIRES ...a lot

let me explain the power first
    first you see some sort of loading sequence where the big huge orange *phaser banks* glow, as in heating up.
    then it rapid fires a few fat beams, really really fast (as you have probably seen by now).

so.

You need to have a target,
    that target needs to be and stay alive
    or the power will just STOP.

i had it like 10 times now that i targeted an NPC Ship that was about to explode and wanted to use the Phaser Lotus as a finishing move, only to see the NPC explode before the "loading" sequence of the power was even finished and it did not fire at any of the other NPC Ships around me after that either.
    You would expect it to work like Beam Fire at Will, so that it keeps shooting all other targets after the main target is gone, or without targeting any particular NPC, but it does not work out like that.

The good thing is that the power does usually not go into cooldown after missfiring, you just need to select the next target and fire again.

So its not like a huge issue, just slightly annoying because it's not a fire and forget power, you have to pay attention that it has enough time so it can do what it's supposed to do before the enemy explodes.

So it functions like a big fat multi-shot spinal lance?

Wondrous..... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited October 2012
    maybe post this in bugs etc , might get somewhere
    that or ask jamjamz on his twitter maybe ?
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    maybe post this in bugs etc , might get somewhere
    that or ask jamjamz on his twitter maybe ?

just tweeted the link to JamzJamz and Geko ;)
    So it functions like a big fat multi-shot spinal lance?

Wondrous..... :rolleyes:

hmmm... i'd say
    spinal lance = beam overload
    phaser lotus = beam fire at will
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the KDF ship is the best kdf ship for a tac.
    Awesome ship.
    I haven't used the fed one because I dont' play fed.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    chalpen wrote: »
    Awesome ship.

That seems like a pretty good reason.
  • Options
    blackcreedblackcreed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    chalpen wrote: »
    Awesome ship.

As a Raptor captain this ship is a god sent. I know a lot hate it but i think its great since i can finaly remove that tier 1 tact slot that was worthless in my Raptor. That and adding the battle cloak and i'm happy no matter what others say.
  • Options
    mbomber2mbomber2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jaturnley wrote: »
    I'm not pissed that they did it, it makes complete sense. And it's great for the people buying today, and for the game. But it's completely disrespectful to the people who invested at launch. They at least owe us an apology.

I had 2 LTS that were around the 750 mark when the deal came. I really dont have strong feelings either way on this subject but i lean towards the waiting is silly side of the argument. When LTS came out the point of getting it was saving money in the long run; there were no rewards programs or F2P thoughts in mind when i got them anyways. Anyway, i bought a 3rd LTS during this sale and pop all the titles and rewards showed up shortly after i got through the tutorial. Interestingly, i cant even buy myself zen on the new account until i hit level 10. So you cant use many of the rewards or purchase other ones. No escape from grinding... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unclereekyunclereeky Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What kind of idiot would make a bullcrap move such as this? Buy a lifetime membership and get the 1000 day veterans awards. And....if you only got a few days left until your 1000 days..to bad..because if you don't buy a lifetime sub..your really out of luck.
    Been a member for 929 days...get online yesterday and hear the scuttlebut about the veterans awards and the lifetime sub purchase..but nothing about all the people who have paid 14.99, 29.99 or whatever .99..whatever they paid since they joined..doesn't that count for anything? Lets see..929 divided by 30..comes to at least 30 months..30 months x 14.99 = $449.70...What is the cost of the Lifetime subscription? $200..come on fellas..wake up and read the diplomas you got on the wall...you have tons of people who have payed for this lifetime subscription 2 times over..but your not going to let them have their rewards...even when they hit the 1000 day mark..without the lifetime sub? I think this is a really stupid move and your likely to lose a lot of players for it..a lot of paying members that have supported you monthly, quarterly, yearly..however they were doing it..they were doing it..now your just crapping on the ones who paid STO religiously. Shame on you..Shame on you.

Unclereeky
    106th Fleet
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    unclereeky wrote: »
    What kind of idiot would make a bullcrap move such as this? Buy a lifetime membership and get the 1000 day veterans awards. And....if you only got a few days left until your 1000 days..to bad..because if you don't buy a lifetime sub..your really out of luck.
    Been a member for 929 days...get online yesterday and hear the scuttlebut about the veterans awards and the lifetime sub purchase..but nothing about all the people who have paid 14.99, 29.99 or whatever .99..whatever they paid since they joined..doesn't that count for anything? Lets see..929 divided by 30..comes to at least 30 months..30 months x 14.99 = $449.70...What is the cost of the Lifetime subscription? $200..come on fellas..wake up and read the diplomas you got on the wall...you have tons of people who have payed for this lifetime subscription 2 times over..but your not going to let them have their rewards...even when they hit the 1000 day mark..without the lifetime sub? I think this is a really stupid move and your likely to lose a lot of players for it..a lot of paying members that have supported you monthly, quarterly, yearly..however they were doing it..they were doing it..now your just crapping on the ones who paid STO religiously. Shame on you..Shame on you.

Unclereeky
    106th Fleet

That is incorrect. Lifers get the rewards instantly. Subbers must wait until 1000 days but still receive them.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    *wooohooo* subspace anomaly thread merged

now who was i talking to?

conversation successfully disrupted :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    *wooohooo* subspace anomaly thread merged

now who was i talking to?

conversation successfully disrupted :rolleyes:

lmao nice :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why not make this ship acquirable with in game means? Like a Accolade score needed of 7500 to get it, or something like that.
    Maybe just a variant without that Lotus thing, i think it would still be better than just to be able to buy it, even its for 200$.
    I thought it was meant as a reward for loyal players.
    Is loyality so cheap to earn suddenly?

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are. ;)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yreodred wrote: »

For subscribers, it's always been a reward for loyal players. However, lifetime subs have always received it merely for having spent that money. If you bought an LTS during beta and then never played the game again after launch, you still got these rewards. So for LTS they never had anything to do with longevity, they were ALWAYS for having spent the money.

Making new LTS people wait for them is just silly, and doesn't provide anybody any benefit, except for elitists who derive pleasure from seeing other people not get rewards. I suspect they'll get over it.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    yreodred wrote: »
    Why not make this ship acquirable with in game means? Like a Accolade score needed of 7500 to get it, or something like that.
    Maybe just a variant without that Lotus thing, i think it would still be better than just to be able to buy it, even its for 200$.

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are. ;)

When a S. Korean F2P runs the show, you bet your credit card it is! :rolleyes: :( :cool:
    syberghost wrote: »
    For subscribers, it's always been a reward for loyal players. However, lifetime subs have always received it merely for having spent that money. If you bought an LTS during beta and then never played the game again after launch, you still got these rewards. So for LTS they never had anything to do with longevity, they were ALWAYS for having spent the money.

Making new LTS people wait for them is just silly, and doesn't provide anybody any benefit, except for elitists who derive pleasure from seeing other people not get rewards. I suspect they'll get over it.

So subscribers and LTS'ers from Beta/Headstart are elitists now? My goodness this BS excuse has been going around so much more now sinse that money grab began 3 days ago.

And to be honest if you want to start to throw down the elitist title, wouldn't that make the new LTS'ers who buy that option for all the former vet rewards make that group the "Oh look at me, I spent hundreds to get all the stuff you waited for 3 years nearly for! Sucks to be you, so shut up now child!"

This is the kind of TRIBBLE I see in chat now. I mean...who knows, at this point I might actually find out if STO has a /ignore cap or not...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    xenor002 wrote: »
    When a S. Korean F2P runs the show, you bet your credit card it is! :rolleyes: :( :cool:

What does that have to do with STO? It's currently owned by a Chinese company, and was previously owned by a French one.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    What does that have to do with STO? It's currently owned by a Chinese company, and was previously owned by a French one.

Different regions with different business mannerisms. PWE is a good example of money before anything else. Not trying to insult those guys, but that's the sad truth for that part of the world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    Come to think of it, its a bit insane to make someone wait 2yrs + just to acquire the new ship. Especially when we do not know the fate of STO in the upcoming years (Not implying its going under any time soon), but nobody knows.

Truth is, if any new customer purchase or UPGRADES to LIFER they should get these rewards instantly.

Here is the thing for those that continue to grind their teeth and complain about new LIFER's. I know many Gold subscribers and now silver players that have put their time in or are putting their time STO - Just because they do not have a VET Number in their account, does not mean they haven't invested in the game both in time and via monetary means.

Again I applaud Cryptic for a sound business decision. Reap the rewards now, play hard, socialize, and enjoy the game.

Enjoy the game.... Until its sunsetted. :P

Thanks new lifers for provin that may happen sooner rather than later now. (ie, they removed their 2 to 3 year obligation to keep it around for 1,000 more days for new LTS clients) :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I've had my life time sub for awhile now. I paid a subscription for the game for a couple of months while I saved up for the lifetime subscription, then a month or two after the game first launched I bought it.
    They might as well bump up the Gold subbers, the veteran rewards (A.K.A. Lifetime perks) don't mean much anyway anymore.

Totally in agreement with bumping this up for dedicated or multi-month purchasing Gold members(who are past the refund point). It's the only fair thing left to do people!
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yep - if they've paid more than $200 in subscriptions they should be upgraded to LTS for free.

And even if Cryptic/PWE are too cheap to do that, at the very least 1000-day subscription veterans should get upgraded to LTS for free.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    psymantis wrote: »
    The following video explains it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTL7SO-BoMU

Thanks for the video. That explains it perfectly! :D

And the Death Blossom from Last Starfighter. Awesomess x10!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I finally bothered to test it so I can criticise it fairly.

Chimera class/

Questions:
    Why on earth do the nacelles move down in tactical mode? To what end? It hardly changes anything yet the design effort necessary for this cannot conceivably worth it. What if it breaks down? We could fire at our own nacelles? Then just program the beams not to fire at them.

The whole process over the saucer section....wouldn't it just have been simpler to have the beams 'strut's or however you want to call them extend out of the ship rather than the over complicated transformation of the saucer section?
    No other ship pretends to be this complicated the closest would be a simple saucer separation, voyager's leg struts/nacelles (which was at least a temporay technology 'experiment' to reduce the effects of sub space damage or DS9's simply open shutters and extend weapon ports. None of these change the ship/base infastructure to suit a new purpose.

The deflector dish....oh boy.
    a/ By blocking it up how is a starship meant to use it? It's an essential part of flying a starship and you go and block it up?

Even if you explain away the first question...

b/ How are we meant to use our deflector dish abilities? Do we fire our gravity well through solid hull plating?

c/ If this could ever be a valid option then why don't all starships have this armoured deflector? Surely it would be a good thing right
    ?

Ahhhh, a true Trekkie. :D