test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1000 day Veteran Reward

Comments

• mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, I don't agree with him. I kept trying to see if there was a way to satisfy him. Ie. if he could get a prorated deal on the ship or something.

What I couldn't grasp was that he had no problem with lockbox ships. I insisted every one that exists generated two hundred and fifty dollars for Cryptic. He said he has no problem with expensive ships, just subscriptions. So I said, "Why not get a lifetime? It's cheaper than a lockbox ship." He replied that it would involve waiting and, again, that he objected to subs.

I dunno. We may lose him either way. I don't get his perspective really.

I will add though that I still think lifers should get all vet rewards without waiting and that Cryptic should have alternate ways to accrue vet status. So that every dollar spent adds a day to your timer or something.

Sounds like it would be better if he did leave.
    All i am hearing from him is "boohoo i did not get what i want NOW so i am going to throw my toys and leave"

I can't really afford lock boxes or $250 for a ship (and i really want the wells class etc) but i am not going to say "I am leaving because I can't get it"

Sounds like he is an only child with a grand old age of 12
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    https://twitter.com/STOJamesLee

"Tune in to see the Vesta an thousand day ships. "
  • jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok I won't make you wait guys, ill get a Vesta shot up today. The model is still work in progress so it's just all grey. So don't rage.

I will have to pull it from video so give me some time.

Bah.

Vesta schmesta. We know what that is.

What's in the 1000 day box? whats in the box whats in the box? *bounce*
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    As one who does not use Twitter, mirroring the sentiments of those who do:

When? And where? I've been watching CNN all day, but not even a hint!

Probably going to be part of their podcast describing their visit to Cryptic Studios.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    That 's the nature of freebies. You can use them or not.
    You could have said that a year ago. Now the veteran rewards are the main reason to pay for a subscription.

It's still applicable. I'm a Lifetime Subscriber to Champions Online as well. One of the rewards is a very nice set of Gladiator Armor. I've not made of any of the costume pieces at all. I may in the future if the inspiration strikes me. Or a I may not.

But I have made use of many of the rewards in CO and STO. But not every one of them. But I do care about that they are. For instance, I'm sitting on a Temporal Science Vessel Reward Pack. I'd resisting (and oh boy am I resisting) the temptation to unpack it and start to flying. Because I'm waiting to hear what the 1000 day ship reward will be.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    8 days and counting here.

Have to wait until next week just before it drops to find out what it is.

Feels almost like x-mas. ;)
  • jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pyryck wrote: »

Kinda.

Feels like x-mas but I have all the stuff I need, and can't imagine what my parents will get me, half dreading it will be a lesser or off-brand version of the cool thing I got myself last month.

So a grown-up x-mas.

Probably be socks or a decent sweater, which are useful, but you kinda hope its top-shelf booze, which is consumable, but always special, but you secretly hope its something you didnt know you needed.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • rohirrimrohirrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pyryck wrote: »

8 days here as well, I hope its something special.
    12th-Feet
    Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
  • dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

@anazonda no worries, your going to like all the new ships trust me. The boff stations are awesome to.
    @anazonda has a bit of a cruiser look but mor compact and armored.

So a destroyer not a cruiser?

https://twitter.com/STOJamesLee/stat...79142652624896
  • ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Man I stoped subbing after 700 days, I cannot wait to see what the 1k day ships are hopefully there will be a c-store version; unless these new 1k day destoryers are versions of the Temporal Destoryers either my mouth is wattering and we will find out next week.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5929841&postcount=35
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/sto/uploads/STO_DTNE_2nd_place_news.jpg

Gotta be this one. My guess is it's a destroyer refit of the T1 cruiser with this ship added and the Connie removed.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/sto/uploads/STO_DTNE_2nd_place_news.jpg

Gotta be this one. My guess is it's a destroyer refit of the T1 cruiser with this ship added and the Connie removed.

What makes you think that's it? Do you have a link?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What makes you think that's it? Do you have a link?

They said it's one of the contest entries, that it's cruiser-y, armored, and more compact.

And that entry got second place in the contest.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012

Nope :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Hmmm, I dunno. Up to this point, most original T5 designs are scaled pretty big. I suppose that premise could just as easily change this time around.

Unless this contest art inspires something scaled to the T2 (I assumed that was what you really meant) Vesper/Excalibur costumes, I can't see that design being customizable with either of them. The contest art suggests a larger Sovereign or Starcruiser shaped saucer. While Vesper has a round saucer. Excalibur's is mostly round.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is it Vektor's ship?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • shaunklshaunkl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I doubt this'll be it, but this design was my favorite from the contest.
    Number one on my wishlist: New FED transporter effect
    Number two: 22nd Century Excursion Jackets
    Number three: Handheld communicator animation for non-combadge uniforms
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2012
    They said it's one of the contest entries, that it's cruiser-y, armored, and more compact.

And that entry got second place in the contest.

Well if it's one of the contest entries, I hope it's this one:

http://chrismaddenart.com/ent-f_final.jpg

NM I didn't see someone else say the same thing. :p
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hope it's giant Q from the State of Q mission, and we just flick Borg ships away :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Come come now Brandon. You are not exactly going to give the game away early, so you saying "nope" means nothing :rolleyes: ;)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Come come now Brandon. You are not exactly going to give the game away early, so you saying "nope" means nothing :rolleyes: ;)

I was responding to someone asking if it was a design they linked. It wasn't it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Beautiful looking ship.
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    BREAKING SPECULATION:

Enterprise-F-Final-2.jpg
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Lord I hope so, but how would that one animate ... I've heard the animate in some way.

But this one you listed was ALWAYS my personal favorite. :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    8 days left and I can't wait...I have no idea what it is nor will I speculate but I do hope it's fun to fly. That's the only thing that matters.
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »

Curious, that's clearly a FED cruiser, yet feels different than the typical two nacelles, lower secondary hull, elevated saucer cruisers. I like it. :D

A classic reimagined, also lovely.

Shame there are so many cruisers in game already, those would otherwise be nice to see.

Lastly: Make Allegiance class (see sig) a skin for the assault cruiser!

Enough FED cruiser talk now. :P (Give us KDF: Klingon, Lethean, Ferasan, Gorn and other ships! Yay!)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's...

the NSEA Protector!!!

("Tripler Cylinder" included)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    BREAKING SPECULATION:

Enterprise-F-Final-2.jpg

Want./10char
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How can cryptic make a destroyer class for both factions that is good for all classes?

It bothers me. What would a engineering based destroyer look like?
    Destroyers are all tac based.
    "UNi slots"? I don't know. You will need a lot of uni slots to make it good. The only destroyer with unislots is the Jen hadar ship and it is still tac based.
    If it doesn't have 10 consoles there Is no point.

Also, since there is a Klingon ship, it will have cloak/canons?
    And for the Feds side a "Ilose" button?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    valenn1 wrote: »
    It's...

the NSEA Protector!!!

("Tripler Cylinder" included)

Shouldn't that be the Omega 13 Device?

And since it looks like the Tier 5 Connie is off the table, the Protector would be my next and only choice.

I hate to say it, but I think whatever Cryptic is going to deliver now is gonna be epic fail in my book - as a 1000 day reward I'd expect something awesome and canon - not a competition entry or some Cryptic-designed non-canon ship - after all, the 1000 day vets are this games staunchest supporters from the beginning - why palm them off with a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) place competition winner?

I hope in just under two weeks time I'm going to be eating these words but I suspect, as I have been for over two years now, I'll still be flying my Excelsior...
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012