Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wbgron1 wrote: »
    I've never used the Tribble server yet..was only last night a joined a new fleet who knew what they were doing and told me were to look to join Tribble...:D

Its great for season releases because when it hits live, you only have to do a small patch instead of the gigantic one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now is a really good time for a full optomise defrag of ones hard drive. Ahh the thrill of watching that square cross the screen again and again...
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    phase325 wrote: »
    Sarcasam or not, this is a forum to help each other, which is what I was doing... sorry that offended you in some way. :mad:

dont sweat it pal, some people are just like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shamwow420shamwow420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yea good luck i sign into tribble every day and ive yet to see more then 4 people in there and usally its just me
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Didn't DStahl indicate in the July Q&A that there might be some price adjustments in the C/Z-Store over-and-above/beyond the Percentage adjustment, during the C-to-Z conversion?

I took that as meaning that They might be Lowering/Raising some of the costs for items based on how well they are selling over all...

We might see some ship prices fall and some rise.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Maybe this is what the patch is:

Added seven new types of lockboxes, continued Ferengi boxes, brought back Cardassian boxes.
    Made one-shot kill plasma torpedoes in stfs instantly kill all players within 10 km of the blast.
    Postponed S6 until next month.

xD oh lord that would be rather hilarious. nice one, my fleets gonna have a ball with the ranting one zone chat
  • Options
    anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if this turns out to be server improvements im really going to cry XD

You'd cry from having BETTER server and performance? Ironic, huh?

Are we so desensitized to "problems" in the game (bugs, lag, glitches, misspellings), that we would endure bugs and poor performance just to have new content? :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am excited! :D
    Of course there will be post up and post down about whiners and their immersion breaking bugs for a while, but personally I always look forward to see the improvements. Not the bugs.

Really looking forward to Season 6, whenever it launches. Good fortune as it is, my new laptop arrived two days ago. Having the graphics upgraded from an anemic geforce 8600M to a brand spanking Radeon HD 7970M gave the game an incomparable boost.
    STO is very pretty.

Thank you so much all developers of this fine game.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Its great for season releases because when it hits live, you only have to do a small patch instead of the gigantic one.

By the way, great signature, Boglejam :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    u know what man u are absolutely right i never looked at it that way... ty...
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    shamwow420 wrote: »
    and i really wish they made it easier for people with out the extra funds to buy nice ships....cause i have no extra cash after bills are payed i cant get a carrier whats up with that...

I sympathise, friend - I'm in the same boat. That said, if you're patient and know what you're doing, you can make the C-points via Dilithium. Granted, I'm a student without a summer job in the holidays, but in 3 weeks I earned 1600C just by using the Earn Zen function and buying a LOT of contraband.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, here's my 2 Cents, and it's a pretty damn logical one:

There are going to be different amounts people are seeing for the patch, although these are technically only 2 different sizes.

1) 1gb you have been on tribble recently but have on demand patching enabled

2) 3.6gb you have been on triblle recently but have on demand patching disabled

this is the odd one and not technically the patch size but the download size.

3) very small mb: You have been on tribble recently and have all the files required for season 6 already on your system excpet those for the usage of the Zen Store and Zen Exchange. This patch would be the same if you have ondemand patching or not.

Season 6 appears to be coming i conclude this by the version numbers changing from 17 to 20, if this was just a zen store update and nothing else, then the change wouldn't be so big. also, there were 3 or 4 updates to tribble during the season 6 testing phase and this would explain the jump from 17 to 20.

EDIT: options 1 and 2 should be the same regardless of weather you have been on tribble

option 3 would change if you haven't been on tribble recently, to i imagaine a 1gb download with ondemand enabled and a 3.6gb download with download with ondemand disabled.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    By the way, great signature, Boglejam :)

Thanks. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Didn't DStahl indicate in the July Q&A that there might be some price adjustments in the C/Z-Store over-and-above/beyond the Percentage adjustment, during the C-to-Z conversion?

I took that as meaning that They might be Lowering/Raising some of the costs for items based on how well they are selling over all...

We might see some ship prices fall and some rise.

price drop idk, hopefully true but there will be a rise. also they buffing lock box ships to keep on par with new fleet ships but not sure if it'll be much.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    You'd cry from having BETTER server and performance? Ironic, huh?

Are we so desensitized to "problems" in the game (bugs, lag, glitches, misspellings), that we would endure bugs and poor performance just to have new content? :eek:

i would cry pal, cause so far everytime they bring out "server stability" and/or stability improvemets my game crashes loads before it becomes stable, sooo yeah XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jerlikinsjerlikins Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am excited! :D
    Of course there will be post up and post down about whiners and their immersion breaking bugs for a while, but personally I always look forward to see the improvements. Not the bugs.

Really looking forward to Season 6, whenever it launches. Good fortune as it is, my new laptop arrived two days ago. Having the graphics upgraded from an anemic geforce 8600M to a brand spanking Radeon HD 7970M gave the game an incomparable boost.
    STO is very pretty.

Thank you so much all developers of this fine game.

I fail to see how a switch to an ATI graphics card is an improvement over ANY Nvidia product >.>
  • Options
    ferrus3ferrus3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This was a pre-launch patch. This means it is being implemented.

I've come to trust your instincts Bob, so I'm getting more and more excited, waiting for the servers to go back up. :D
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woerligen wrote: »
    The size of the patch does not mean we'll see Season 6 now. This could be a pre-patch, instead.

I realize that... which only makes it more intimidating....
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Whoa there. Scrolling back was only a *suggestion* (it wasn't that far back anyway). I say anything these days and it gets misunderstood. Well, well, I guess it doesn't matter as long as you understand that I meant no harm.

Gotcha. No harm no foul. Sorry for jumping on you like that.

Blame it on my experiences in the chat... itchy troll-slamming fingers and all. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    @teklionbenrasha........... earn zen function???????
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    shamwow420 wrote: »
    u know what man u are absolutely right i never looked at it that way... ty...

YW. hey if you need a fleet join Dominion-X. we are a helpful fleet with external chat and accept all members, no real requirements except don't be annoying or an A hole. contact me and i'll get cha in if your interested, names wolf@maxxe
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Blame it on my experiences in the chat... itchy troll-slamming fingers and all. ;)

lol yeah yeah any excuse XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kheldornkheldorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe this is what the patch is:

Added seven new types of lockboxes, continued Ferengi boxes, brought back Cardassian boxes.
    Made one-shot kill plasma torpedoes in stfs instantly kill all players within 10 km of the blast.
    Postponed S6 until next month.

Aren't the cardassian boxes still in anyway?;)
    At least i think i got a couple or so a few days ago in an episode-mission. made a new char and leveled it with episodes to lvl8 or 9 and had a few of the card.Boxes in my inventory in the end
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I was once in Kerrat warzone. Someone on the chat complained that their 1v1 match had been messed up by another person decloaking to disrupt it. I said into the chat as usual (and this was the first thing I had said since entering it that day), "Welcome to Kerrat." (It's usual and expected to have your 1v1 messed up) Some guy then shouted on the chat "Voporak you're a (bad word)!"

People just aren't nice, I've had the same experiences as you. Ignore them, it always works. :)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    pyrophilepyrophile Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    No need, we've got commands that just give us a T5 right off the bat if we really wanted to abuse the system. . .

Dangit tacofangs, you just started the urban legend of the starbase hyper-cheat codes.
  • Options
    terryanders25terryanders25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How much longer are we looking at the sever being down?
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jerlikins wrote: »
    I fail to see how a switch to an ATI graphics card is an improvement over ANY Nvidia product >.>

Being a dedicated nvidia fan myself since they first started producing their stuff, I'll be the first one to admit I was a skeptic.
    This one rocks the socks off most things out there. It is on par, and better than the Geforce GTX 680M.
    (ref: test of those two cards)
    /Floozy
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

2 hours. Maybe more, maybe less. Maybe less? Sorry, scratch that one. Maybe more :P :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

1 hour and 58 min
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    pyrophile wrote: »
    Dangit tacofangs, you just started the urban legend of the starbase hyper-cheat codes.

Shh! We've already got everyone to forget about that, don't get them started again...

No no random forum people asking me, there's no way you're going to get a T5 SB off the bat!

Now look what you did! lol :)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
This discussion has been closed.