What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does this downtime mean I will finally get my free upgrade from Miranda class to Jupiter class dreadnought? <troll mode = ON> :D
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    So S6 comes when the down time is over. Everyone gets into their new starbase, only to find that due to the rush and bugs leftover, the inside of the SB is covered in Borg alcoves. Then a map transfer glitch occurs, not letting them out.

Let's hope this doesn't happen... saying that S6 comes out at all today.

HAHAHAHAHA! thats too funny
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jerlikinsjerlikins Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the devs are reading these posts and laughing evilly as they sip their whiskey and tweak their starbases while we wait to get in.
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cuatela wrote: »
    1 GB (gigabyte) = 1,024 MB (megabytes) = 1,048,576 kB (kilobytes) = 1,073,741,824 Bytes = 8,589,934,592 bits

Wrong, 1GB=1.000MB=1.000.000KB=1.000.000.000 Byte

No exceptions since late 90s ;)

What you are talking are Gibibytes.

Got only several MBs for download, prepatch ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    So S6 comes when the down time is over. Everyone gets into their new starbase, only to find that due to the rush and bugs leftover, the inside of the SB is covered in Borg alcoves. Then a map transfer glitch occurs, not letting them out.

Season 6: Resistance is futile :-D
  • Options
    llunaukllunauk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Are we there yet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vesphavespha Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My assumption is that they are not going to confirm it is released until it is actually on the servers and working.

That way, if something goes screwy, they are not going to get, "Cryptic failed to meet their promises again," threads from now until eternity.

That would be the logical thing to do, but no one ever said the human race was logical. ;)
    "We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
  • Options
    cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thoroon wrote: »

Gibibytes???
  • Options
    alaskantruckeralaskantrucker Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jerlikins wrote: »
    I think the devs are reading these posts and laughing evilly as they sip their whiskey and tweak their starbases while we wait to get in.

oh im sure u r 100% rite lol
  • Options
    gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    SLOW DOWN, I LOAD UP A PAGE AND THERE ALREAD A NEW ONE lol
  • Options
    malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    60 pages and counting debating whether or not S6 is coming or not, why the hell do we care? It'll come when it comes, I'd rather it release and be right, than release with bugs. Sit back, relax and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    ripp62ripp62 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    3.6 gb niceeeeee season 6 pls
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    lol i know huh. they type faster then i can reload lol
  • Options
    osiraelosirael Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Figures the first day in a week that I have time to play we are down all day. Just the way things fall in my life. Looking forward to seeing the changes they added!
  • Options
    aile41aile41 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i beleve that it is season 6, this is what wikipedia says:

Season 6: Under Siege

July 12, 2012 (estimated)/Released to Test Server Jun 22nd, 2012

Season 6 brings new content and game mechanics for fleets. Fleets become more central part of Star Trek Online, they can develop their own starbases, which they improve and advance. [26] The new game mechanics include Colony Invasion, in which you defend a colony against an invading force [27] and No Win Scenario, in which you defend a defenseless transport against increasing enemy attacks.
    I am Omega, resistance is stupidy workable.
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nabbic1 wrote: »
    The version number is a date with the .8 and .7 refering to the build release of the 20120705 (july 5th) client.

This is why i dont think it will be season 6 with this patch (even though the patch file says season 6 release 5) i would think with such a major client update they would change it to a different client version 20120712.XX

Your logic is a little off. Holodeck now has the same version number as tribble except it has been incremented .1 higher. That indicates (to me, at least) that it contains everything on the current Tribble build (season 6) plus some fixes that haven't been pushed to tribble yet. Its the 5th revision of the build that was released to tribble on 7/5/12.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    llunauk wrote: »
    Are we there yet!

Nope, just another 1 hour 42 minutes.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    1hr 45 min to go!!!!
  • Options
    l3luntman1138l3luntman1138 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, since the downtime is EXACTLY the same on Champions online, so it is the C=point/ Zen changeover.

It is NOT season 6. Otherwise we would have a long list of release notes to read as well.

I mean seriously, it was put just on tribble last weekend. No way it is coming this soon.
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, since the downtime is EXACTLY the same on Champions online, so it is the C=point/ Zen changeover.

It is NOT season 6. Otherwise we would have a long list of release notes to read as well.

I mean seriously, it was put just on tribble last weekend. No way it is coming this soon.

aaaaand was you here for season 5 release? that came out not long after it was on tribble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Your logic is a little off. Holodeck now has the same version number as tribble except it has been incremented .1 higher. That indicates (to me, at least) that it contains everything on the current Tribble build (season 6) plus some fixes that haven't been pushed to tribble yet.

now there's some logic, fn volcan lol jkjk
  • Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

have you paid attention at all to the version? LIVE server has season 6 patched onto it, in fact its one version ahead of tribble now.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

I agree it's too soon, but surely you aren't trying to say they'd NEVER release something early and bugged.. say like a new ship that costs $25 and you can't stf with it?
  • Options
    jerlikinsjerlikins Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thoroon wrote: »
    Wrong, 1GB=1.000MB=1.000.000KB=1.000.000.000 Byte

No exceptions since late 90s ;)

Got only several MBs for download, prepatch ftw!

Wrong, both are right, though, the 1024 standard generally applies to RAM. Computer software and operating systems tend to use the 1024 methodology, but the standard mostly accepted by hard drive manufacturers is the 1k standard, as it's more easily related to by the general public.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabyte#Consumer_confusion
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    malan29 wrote: »
    I agree it's too soon, but surely you aren't trying say they'd NEVER release something early and bugged.. say like a new ship that costs $25 and you can't stf with it?

lol true, i completely forgot about that, man was i gutted when i got that ship on relese day XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    l3luntman1138l3luntman1138 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aaaaand was you here for season 5 release? that came out not long after it was on tribble

And they had the release notes posted about it though...i doubt they would wait till the last hour or 2 to put up the release notes on a patch that would require a 7 hour downtime.

We have known for over a week, today was the day for the conversion.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    lol true, i completely forgot about that, man was i gutted when i got that ship on relese day XD

Haha same! :D
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012

We can't say that for certain, same for saying it will come out. This whole thread has been back and forth on it, and honestly there is a whole bunch of things supporting release today/not release today. We won't know for a while longer.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ok if you look at top of chatbar where is says # (number) and under says time, wait till time says 12:00 and it SHOULD be done with.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jerlikins wrote: »
    Wrong, both are right, though, the 1024 standard generally applies to RAM. Computer software and operating systems tend to use the 1024 methodology, but the standard mostly accepted by hard drive manufacturers is the 1k standard, as it's more easily related to by the general public.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabyte#Consumer_confusion

I think that's stupid logic on their part anyway. If you get a 1TB drive (where they do the same thing, it's 1000gb not 1024gb) you don't get 1000gb anyway, you get like 950 (thanks to stupid formatting issues) so they should make it 1024GB so you get closed to the actual 1,000GB you were promised :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
This discussion has been closed.