What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh yes, I saw it on my launcher. Version .8 (preceded by lots of other number and letters) is the patch as many other pointed out.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lostmoony wrote: »
    hi

with season 6 comes the new top tier "prestige set"and the all elite sets for EDCs into DS9 store anyone try out in tribble how much the elite sets cost?

On Tribble only the Mk X sets were for sale for EC and all the rest were still EDC, salvage and prototype gear. There is only the new Tholian Ground set from the Tholian event and unless they have been hiding something, there was no new STF gear.
  • Options
    firemedicneofiremedicneo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i hope they found a fix for the respawn glitch im tired of the random when i get blown up theres no respawn button and i have to close the game and relog . and the worst thing about it is if it happens in STF when i relog i blow up again having to use 2 componants for repairs and doubling my reswawn penilty , ive tried the crytic help/bug report but the messages i got back were very rude (alot of passing the buck) so i gave up , i hope they gotta fix for this in the update ive tried reinstalling the game but that didnt work . anyone else having this issue
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lostmoony wrote: »
    hi

with season 6 comes the new top tier "prestige set"and the all elite sets for EDCs into DS9 store anyone try out in tribble how much the elite sets cost?

i didnt even know about any of that stuff pal XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    and i sooooo hope they fix that patch from the 5th that was supposed to be a stability patch but crashes my game 3-5 times b4 it becomes stable XD

my game never crashed b4 that patch :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fyremousefyremouse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you can also look <install drive>\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\.patch\patch_trivia.txt it will show you the version number along witht he version name. for instance this one is called Season 6 (5)
    Proud to be a Lifer.
    I earned my 1000 days the hard way and I still come back...
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It seem my system have collected the entire patch in piecemeal, now it is just waiting for the server get back online
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    season 6 with only 14mb ? no chance!

unless there comes another final download later in day and it does not increase significantly in size, then it patched only the ZEN icons on the Store!
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My Launcher is patching up. Patch size: 3.616GB.

Most of it was already on my PC, but it has downloaded 11.5MB with 25% patched.

Edit: I'm at 41% with the 11.5MB being the only download. I'm guessing that's the Zen update.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited July 2012
    Only two hours, thirty-three minutes until the mystery is solved once and for all!
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Look at the version numbers, too. the new holodeck number is an increment higher than the current tribble version. Think we get season 6 today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    omniusexor wrote: »

unless there comes another final download later in day and it does not increase significantly in size, then it patched only the ZEN icons on the Store!

If you have Tribble updated, the files are copied from that directory to save you from redownloading everything. That's why you will see it say mirrored when patching at times.
  • Options
    gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On Tribble only the Mk X sets were for sale for EC and all the rest were still EDC. There is only the new Tholian Ground set from the Tholian event and unless they have been hiding something, there was no new STF gear.

well they are comming out with the new orange and violet items which are rarer than rare, plus they were talking on the pod that if you have sft set on idk which mk, i doubt all mk, you will actuall be able to enter nakura system without burining up but its only a talk cause people worked so hard just to get the stf gear. nothing really new i guess but i know there will be new kinds of rare
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My launcher just connected, and I'm patching...launching...

And NOW we'll know for sure. ;)
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mine must of taken most of it form tribble it only patched 480kb

also both my tribble and holodeck patched so who knows both say .8 for me
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Only two hours, thirty-three minutes until the mystery is solved once and for all!

lol, but some patch notes would have been nice dontcha think XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    darkravenxp32darkravenxp32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Most everyone is having 1GB+ patch sizes. Odd you don't.
  • Options
    omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you have Tribble updated, the files are copied from that directory to save you from redownloading everything. That's why you will see it say mirrored when patching at times.

the tribble donwload last weekend contained only 96 mb, btw. i hope you know that as well
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    gpgtx wrote: »
    mmine must of taken most of it form tribble it only patched 480kb

thats how it is supposed to work if you are current on tribble. It copies what it can from the playtest install over to the live install.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cptdavepilmcptdavepilm Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah I started doing the same lol
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can you imagine all the raging that would happen if after all this the patch notes said:

General server stability improvements.

The last patch seemed to only make it worse.
    This thread is great for getting my post count up.
  • Options
    painnnnnnpainnnnnn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012

um is 3gb man ........ der
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, well the launcher authenticated, patched, and launched, the the game said down for maintenance.

Still...looks like we're getting close!
  • Options
    stormangel2001stormangel2001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i alrdy downloaded all of tribble only had like 1111mb to download so far
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    the tribble donwload last weekend contained only 96 mb, btw. i hope you know that as well

Yes, but the initial release of season 6 on Tribble was 3 GB. So if you have been a good little tester and patched tribble up until today, the main part of your Holodeck update would be copied over fromyour tribble install and you would have a small little patch to account for the .7 (tribble) and .8 (holodeck) mismatch. I hope you know that as well. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    well i always keep tribble patched up and last nigh tas over 11k patch, and same on the holodeck server as of 5 min ago, but it was patching aswell everytime i shut the game down so....... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    with every patch it seems my ship gets neffed on survivability. lets hope this one is exception, can't wait to go 1 man army on a cube again during infected
This discussion has been closed.