test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1118 MB patch?!?! If this isn't Season 6, then what the hell is it!?!?

Just how big IS season six? :eek:

You probably have on demand patching on because its even bigger than that.
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I don't even want to think about how long that will take to download. :eek:
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mine was only 540 mb not gigs

um i think you quoted teh wrong person that time
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    omniusexor wrote: »
    wrong that, only "would" mean that i dont have to DL the "extra" 96 mb from last weekend and the 190mb from 2 weeks ago.
    but this still does not explain why ppl have do supposesly download the 1100mb, which is only the indicated files on HD.

at last, i hope that i am wrong and E6 comes out today... but i still dont see any proof for that.

Then look at the build numbers on Tribble and the newly patched Holodeck. The numbers are the EXACT same except holodeck is incremented one higher. Indicates that the current tribble build got an update and then pushed to Holodeck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if this turns out to be server improvements im really going to cry XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The size of the patch does not mean we'll see Season 6 now. This could be a pre-patch, instead.

Tipp to decrease the amount the next time: Patch the Tribble Server from time to time. The game will then copy data from the TTS to your Holodeck Server folder.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So your advice is to scroll through 49 pages of who called who what, who thinks what's going to happen? Sorry, I have a life and a job and a family. Hence my 2 posts (now 3) so far.

I'm just passing on what I saw, TRYING to be helpful.
    Which is apparently a rare thing... I'll shut up now. :-\

Whoa there. Scrolling back was only a *suggestion* (it wasn't that far back anyway). I say anything these days and it gets misunderstood. Well, well, I guess it doesn't matter as long as you understand that I meant no harm.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • phase325phase325 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if any of you are aware and I do not want to look though 50 pages of text, but keep loading the 'loader' every 30 minutes, I keep patching random amounts of MB's / GB's..... this may / may not help in a reduced download time when the 7 hours completes. you will not get in the game obviously, but the patching seems to get updated incrementally there end over the down time period. so keep up with it... :)

Just took another 3GB's on Holodeck, and now another 5Gb's on Tribble..
    HAMMER SQUADRON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shamwow420shamwow420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    season 6 hopefully... they have been advertising it now for 3 mth or more it needs to be out now no one advertises for that long.....and as far as the tribble shard is concerned there never any one on it so take it down and shove it as far as im concerned ty......
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This was a pre-launch patch. This means it is being implemented.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    gurren22 wrote: »
    um i think you quoted teh wrong person that time

yeah I think your right lol, oh well nevermind XD
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    phase325 wrote: »
    Not sure if any of you are aware and I do not want to look though 50 pages of text, but keep loading the 'loader' every 30 minutes, I keep patching random amounts of MB's / GB's..... this may / may not help in a reduced download time when the 7 hours completes. you will not get in the game obviously, but the patching seems to get updated incrementally there end over the down time period. so keep up with it... :)

<sarcasm>

Nope, you're the very first person to realise this! Well done!

</sarcasm>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if this turns out to be server improvements im really going to cry XD

*hands over box of tissues*
  • captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    FWIW, I'm 46% into a 3.6Gb download even though the servers are down.
    edited July 2012

already with ya on that one pal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormangel2001stormangel2001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

i believe you can patch the game but not play from what im seeing so maybe their being nice
    edited July 2012
    and i really wish they made it easier for people with out the extra funds to buy nice ships....cause i have no extra cash after bills are payed i cant get a carrier whats up with that...
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

No, FWIW you're 46% into a patch, which changes 3.6GB of content.

Your actual download size is pretty small...

.. It also means you haven't been keeping tribble up to date. tut tut!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited July 2012
    lol this reminds me of an old game vidictus when it was comming out. lord that was crazy with everyone clicking go cause the launch time was only 7 minutes overdue. funny when everyone gave up i tried with another 29 people and got in so just keep an eye out but we should be waiting another 2h and 15 min
  • wbgron1wbgron1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    If you are currently patched up on Tribble, it copies those to the live install, saving you from having to download the full patch.

I've never used the Tribble server yet..was only last night a joined a new fleet who knew what they were doing and told me were to look to join Tribble...:D

Though I've been 'pre-patching' the last dozen or so times I've logged off, so thats maybe why I've not had the full 3.6Gb hi like some of the players.

But a 3.6gb Patch, a 7 hours server shutdown and everyone getting excited...it has to be S6 roll out!

......Sh*t I've just tempted fate and now this was just 'routine long-haul maintenance' lol
  • phase325phase325 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    topset wrote: »
    <sarcasm>

Nope, you're the very first person to realise this! Well done!

</sarcasm>

Sarcasam or not, this is a forum to help each other, which is what I was doing... sorry that offended you in some way. :mad:
    HAMMER SQUADRON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    i wonder how long it will take for me to get my rewards from playing on tribble this time, on season 5 it took nearly a month to get my rewards XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • llunaukllunauk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope there isn't to many tears before bedtime! :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    shamwow420 wrote: »
    and i really wish they made it easier for people with out the extra funds to buy nice ships....cause i have no extra cash after bills are payed i cant get a carrier whats up with that...

make a KDF toon, and get a free carrier, problem solved.:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe this is what the patch is:

Added seven new types of lockboxes, continued Ferengi boxes, brought back Cardassian boxes.
    Made one-shot kill plasma torpedoes in stfs instantly kill all players within 10 km of the blast.
    Postponed S6 until next month.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited July 2012
    shamwow420 wrote: »

think of it like this, with people spending money on those kinda ships asap they won't have as much experience for teh struggle like you and i. in the end saving up dilitium you'll have better gear when you can afford that brand new atrox or some other nice ship :)
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wbgron1 wrote: »
    I've never used the Tribble server yet..was only last night a joined a new fleet who knew what they were doing and told me were to look to join Tribble...:D

Its great for season releases because when it hits live, you only have to do a small patch instead of the gigantic one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Now is a really good time for a full optomise defrag of ones hard drive. Ahh the thrill of watching that square cross the screen again and again...
    edited July 2012
    Sarcasam or not, this is a forum to help each other, which is what I was doing... sorry that offended you in some way. :mad:

dont sweat it pal, some people are just like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    yea good luck i sign into tribble every day and ive yet to see more then 4 people in there and usally its just me
This discussion has been closed.