Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ... I got a little over 800 Kb ...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gurren22 wrote: »
    well they are comming out with the new orange and violet items which are rarer than rare, plus they were talking on the pod that if you have sft set on idk which mk, i doubt all mk, you will actuall be able to enter nakura system without burining up but its only a talk cause people worked so hard just to get the stf gear. nothing really new i guess but i know there will be new kinds of rare

The ultraviolet color is only for the fleet shop gear and I do not think it will be a random drop in the game as I only saw it in the fleet stores on Tribble and never had any drop when I ran the Tholian event. You need an EV suit for Nukara, as I have the full MACO and would still burn if I was wearing it, the new Tholian Ground set includes an EV suit, Gun and PSG so maybe that is what they were talking about.
  • Options
    ferrus3ferrus3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi everyone, I didn't really pay attention to how much it downloaded vs. copied from my current Tribble build but it was a fairly big operation in additon to the pre-patch from earlier this week. So hopefully this means we are going live today.... :)
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have three hours left by PDT time before the server goes active again. I am on the East Coast
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, well the launcher authenticated, patched, and launched, the the game said down for maintenance.

Still...looks like we're getting close!

Yeah, sorry doc but people have already tried launching it. Go back several pages and you'll see taht we discussed this.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    cptdavepilmcptdavepilm Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the game version has changed from ST.17.xxxxxxxx to ST.20.20120705a.8
  • Options
    omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dont look at the "patch file" line, it only indicates the file on your HD that will be changed with the current patch.
    The actual patch size (and containing new data) is the download size! Try to use a DU meter to see you actual download on your pc and you will see that the download is not the 1 or 3.6 gb that your louncher.exe indicates, but a significant smaller data volume ... just a hint :P
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    omniusexor wrote: »
    dont look at the "patch file" line, it only indicates the file on your HD that will be changed with the current patch.
    The actual patch size (and containing new data) is the download size! Try to use a DU meter to see you actual download on your pc and you will see that the download is not the 1 or 3.6 gb that your louncher.exe indicates, but a significant smaller data volume ... just a hint :P

its called compression LOL
  • Options
    stormangel2001stormangel2001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i just wonder since stuff is now zen are they raising the prices on buying stuff from the store or keep it all the same price
  • Options
    graham6411graham6411 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just logged in via the launcher and a 3.6GB Patch is downloading (Wonder what it could be) :D
    Known as @graham6410 in game
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Right...but you do understand that if you have the current Season 6 build on Tribble, it copies those files to your holodeck install instead of downloading all of that again, right? A small download on holodeck for someone fully patched on tribble still could indicate season 6 goes live today. Check the version number in the launcher...just a hint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ok so. noob question but how can you guys tell how much GB the patch is when its in km or sumthin like that XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i just wonder since stuff is now zen are they raising the prices on buying stuff from the store or keep it all the same price

The conversion will be the same as a 2000 cpoint ship = $25 = 2500 Zen on the new store.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Right...but you do understand that if you have the current Season 6 build on Tribble, it copies those files to your holodeck install instead of downloading all of that again, right? A small download on holodeck for someone fully patched on tribble still could indicate season 6 goes live today. Check the version number in the launcher...just a hint.

ok so thats why i have no more to download lol
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    its called compression LOL

decompress a 14mb file into a 3.6 gb file ... lol indeed!
    sounds logical :P
  • Options
    gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The ultraviolet color is only for the fleet shop gear and I do not think it will be a random drop in the game as I only saw it in the fleet stores on Tribble and never had any drop when I ran the Tholian event. You need and EV suit for Nukara, as I have the full MACO and would still burn if I was wearing it, the new Tholian Ground set includes an EV suit, Gun and PSG so maybe that is what they were talking about.

listen, find the most recent podcast and near the end they talk about the idea but its a 50 50 percent chance cause ev suit has the oxygen pack on back but the maco and others also have the helmet and suit plus they are hard to earn so it was worth looking into. this pod came out a day or 2 ago so of course it wasn't on tribble cause idea was new and we will probably have to wait a few weeks-months before they say ye or ne
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The conversion will be the same as a 2000 cpoint ship = $25 = 2500 Zen on the new store.

ok wanted to make sure :)
  • Options
    cuse2015cuse2015 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012

The prices are going to get adjusted to reflect the conversion from cpoints to zen, but in actual money value, they are the same.
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I believe during DStah's interview recently he said that prices would be going up by 20%, to keep items in line with their value (as Zen is worth 20% less than C-Points)
  • Options
    wbgron1wbgron1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well just out of curiosity I tried logging on. I got me to the download screen and patched up a 1118MB patch in just under 5 mins, then booted me off lol

I would of thought S6 would be more in the GB not MB's?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ok so. noob question but how can you guys tell how much GB the patch is when its in km or sumthin like that XD

well 1024 kbytes to a Mbyte and 1024 Mbytes to a Gigabyte.

hope that helps
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    decompress a 14mb file into a 3.6 gb file ... lol indeed!
    sounds logical :P

See my earlier posts. It explains it. Not compression - but what occurs if you have Tribble currently fully patched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1118 MB patch?!?! If this isn't Season 6, then what the hell is it!?!?

Just how big IS season six? :eek:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    gurren22 wrote: »
    listen, find the most recent podcast and near the end they talk about the idea but its a 50 50 percent chance cause ev suit has the oxygen pack on back but the maco and others also have the helmet and suit plus they are hard to earn so it was worth looking into. this pod came out a day or 2 ago so of course it wasn't on tribble cause idea was new and we will probably have to wait a few weeks-months before they say ye or ne

mine was only 540 mb not gigs
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry doc but people have already tried launching it. Go back several pages and you'll see taht we discussed this.

So your advice is to scroll through 49 pages of who called who what, who thinks what's going to happen? Sorry, I have a life and a job and a family. Hence my 2 posts (now 3) so far.

I'm just passing on what I saw, TRYING to be helpful.
    Which is apparently a rare thing... I'll shut up now. :-\
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012

It has already been explained by PWE. The prices will go up, but it is because of the difference in value of cp/zen. It won't really affect anything, as the new prices will have the same value.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012

podcast said they will which rather ticks me off but it should only match price somewhere or another
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well 1024 kbytes to a Mbyte and 1024 Mbytes to a Gigabyte.

hope that helps

aaah thanx pal, lol, in not completely computer illiterate but some stuff im useless on mostly with those things called numbers XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »

wrong that, only "would" mean that i dont have to DL the "extra" 96 mb from last weekend and the 190mb from 2 weeks ago.
    but this still does not explain why ppl have to supposesly download the 1100mb, which is only the indicated files on HD.

at last, i hope that i am wrong and E6 comes out today... but i still dont see any proof for that.
This discussion has been closed.