test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    We can't say that for certain, same for saying it will come out. This whole thread has been back and forth on it, and honestly there is a whole bunch of things supporting release today/not release today. We won't know for a while longer.

yup, i know what cha mean. i came here not expecting s6 to come out and with some small logic like the server numbers i thing it is. no way they would be same if it's just for cz conversion and maintainance. btw ty for helpin keep place in order
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    in a rare occasion the patch notes didnt come up on certain patches till after the maintanance was done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    HEY, never said they dont release things early and with bugs. Just saying something as big as a new season, would warrant some release notes would be around by now.

On 2 hour patches i have seen the notes be up to 30mins late sometimes after the server went down, but not posted in the last 30 mins.

Yeah I agree, I don't think it's S6 either. At least I hope not. They haven't had a chance to fix hardly anything from the test server.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And they had the release notes posted about it though...i doubt they would wait till the last hour or 2 to put up the release notes on a patch that would require a 7 hour downtime.

We have known for over a week, today was the day for the conversion.

They may very well launch it another day. -I'll propably be offline due to RL appointments anyways :rolleyes:
    /Floozy
  • cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Spock: "There are two possibilities. They are unable to respond, they are unwilling to respond."

Seems to apply to the devs in this case.

Put another way, there are two possibilities. It is Season 6, it is not Season 6.

50/50 sounds like pretty good odds to me.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    HEY, never said they dont release things early and with bugs. Just saying something as big as a new season, would warrant some release notes would be around by now.

On 2 hour patches i have seen the notes be up to 30mins late sometimes after the server went down, but not posted in the last 30 mins.

Are we going to have to copy/paste what the devs said on every page of this to stop the fruitless argument? :P

Posted last night...
    Tomorrow's release is a big timed integration update that requires multiple teams across Cryptic Studios and Perfect World to be in synch. We all have to release simultaneously in order for the integration between account services and billing to update properly. This is the reason for the extended downtime and why CO, STO, and some parts of the PW and Cryptic Web teams are involved. As some have deduced, it may also mean the release of Season 6, but we have not announced anything as of yet. We realize there are still a few reported bugs from Tribble. The team is working pretty much around the clock addressing issues as quickly as possible. If you see an announcement or release notes that Season 6 is being put on Holodeck tomorrow, then you can expect several updates over the next week to address any remaining or newly found issues. We appreciate all of the testing we've had on TRIBBLE over the last 6 weeks. The entire STO team is focused on addressing both reported bugs as well as individual feedback. Thank you for your patience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Patch is up.
    Belief manifests reality
  • l3luntman1138l3luntman1138 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah sorry chief but like people have said, check the version numbers m8, this is quite poss season 6, no way would it take 7 hours just for a conversion

And you know that how?

DO you understand it s more than just replacing numbers?
  • llunaukllunauk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Must be 'Soon' soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cdnhawk wrote: »
    Spock: "There are two possibilities. They are unable to respond, they are unwilling to respond."

Seems to apply to the devs in this case.

Put another way, there are two possibilities. It is Season 6, it is not Season 6.

50/50 sounds like pretty good odds to me.

Normally I would agree, but the version numbers shown in the launcher makes me think we are getting Season 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anyone have make screenshots from the prestige set, to see the setbonus?
    edited July 2012
    malan29 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, I don't think it's S6 either. At least I hope not. They haven't had a chance to fix hardly anything from the test server.

well i'm not sayin much but since they have everything on tribble they just gotta gather code and throw in into right spots on holodeck then test it after the copy and load then they should be done. still season 6 or not waiting is enevitable
    edited July 2012
    And you know that how?

i know that because the servers were down this ammount of time for season 3,4, and 5, so......yeah, thats how, but....then again i might bewrong and its not season 6, if it isnt ill gladly swallow my pride and admit i was wrong XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    topset wrote: »
    Are we going to have to copy/paste what the devs said on every page of this to stop the fruitless argument? :P.

Thanks for posting that, I didn't get around to reading that quote.
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sooooo how nuch longer?
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And you know that how?

I think its safe to say we all understand its not replacing numbers.

The current build on holodeck is now sharing the same build number as the season 6 build on tribble, incremented by .1 at the very end. Looks to me like that means everything on Tribble is now on Holodeck, plus a patch that hasn't been pushed to tribble yet. (thats why the holodeck is now .1 higher revision number)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And they had the release notes posted about it though...i doubt they would wait till the last hour or 2 to put up the release notes on a patch that would require a 7 hour downtime.

We have known for over a week, today was the day for the conversion.
    Well I would. I would patch everything and post release notes on those things that they worked on and hopefully fixed before it went live. The other stuff will come from us, the players. That's when they'll start fixing all the other bugs (I hope).

I know they haven't fixed some of the bugs with S5 but still...
  • slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its back guys, get dl'ng
    edited July 2012
    well on podcast they did say season 6 was comming really(x alot) soon
    edited July 2012
    faethore wrote: »
    sooooo how nuch longer?

Hour and a half, just enough time for me to make lunch! :D
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sit back, relax and enjoy the game.

I can't, it's down atm :(
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    2. My Windows developed an artifical Intelligence that made his way from my PC in a Laboratory of a genius Scientist who created a working Android Body, that, somehow, the AI could use to upgrade my Backwood-Connection.

Wait is that possible or plausible F*** knows, but it sounds scary.
  • slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i wonder how many are trying right now......lol
  • gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    slurmer wrote: »
    its back guys, get dl'ng

The server is still down, but the patch is now available. Get it while it's hot :-p
    Belief manifests reality
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    faethore wrote: »
    sooooo how nuch longer?
    slurmer wrote: »
    its back guys, get dl'ng

Confirmed, patching as we speak, but servers are still down...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please can some1 tell how much time left to finish this amazingly long maintenance??????
  • llunaukllunauk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wonder if we'll hit 100 pages before the game goes back up. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faethorefaethore Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2012

great.and ya,time for lunch then
    edited July 2012
    gamerjosh wrote: »
    The server is still down, but the patch is now available. Get it while it's hot :-p

well mines still patched up lol, lucky for me my tribble was up to date XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkravenxp32darkravenxp32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What the heck are you eating that takes an hour and a half to make?! Full 3 course turkey lunch with all the trimmings?
This discussion has been closed.