test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online this Thursday, July 12th, at 6:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. We expect this maintenance to last for 7 hours, until around 1:00pm PDT (click here to view in your timezone).

UPDATE: Release Notes can be found here. Season 6 incoming, Captains!

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    7 hours omg thats a long time does this mean its season 6 launch ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    7 hours, whew. Hope your techs have enough coffee cups.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    will it not be when they get rip of c-points and not season 6 ? , i hope tribble will still be up lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    charon1charon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so 2PM-9PM London time. Plenty of time to make any necessary C-point/dil conversions, and buy up cheap Z on the return.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    guess s6 is coming out tomorrow so i win the "whens it coming out pool* lol:eek:

All we know for certain is that they're switching the C-Store from Cryptic Points to Zen. Until I see patch notes, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's also an hour earlier than usual.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    7 hours omg thats a long time does this mean its season 6 launch ?
    Season Patches are almost always Thursday/Friday. Since there's no news of patch notes, this is likely upkeeping to make the actual patch run smoother.
  • Options
    poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    guess s6 is coming out tomorrow so i win the "whens it coming out pool* lol:eek:

Not really, today's the 10th, the patch is on the 12th...
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    season 6 for sure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • Options
    cameltoe02cameltoe02 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    def season 6, pre patching has already begun.
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about it being 6am for GMT (ukers) instead of 6am USA timezones. See how you like it.

Also why 7 hrs. Can't your team manage it better by spitting the maintenance between 2 days to minimize down time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    why would they release it when testing is not done ?, it is still buggy so it still needs work
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    why would they release it when testing is not done ?, it is still buggy so it still needs work

They NEVER release a bug free season, no MMO does. They prob got all the info they needed and figured any problems left can get patched this week or shortly after.
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah i do not like the mentality of "release it if it doesnt crash the game or have game stopping bugs and any other bugs regardless of severity we can patch later on instead"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One would think that they learned from previous faild launches with tons of bugs in them. But I'm afraid that you're probably right and this is the Season 6 launch. 7 hours feels too long to be anything else then that.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No doubt Season 6 is launched on thursday.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It has to be season 6 because the Zen conversion is part of the new code branch that is season 6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well. this might be just for ZEN conversion. maybe it is godamn hard to make the whole conversion (though I highly doubt if it would cost them 7 hours, they would bother, so even if it is not S6, it must be prep for it)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    does that mean, tribble will be down too?
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If this isn't S6, I will be disappoint! 7hrs is a longly long long time! :D
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wilv wrote: »
    They NEVER release a bug free season, no MMO does. They prob got all the info they needed and figured any problems left can get patched this week or shortly after.

It's really sad when the norm is all MMOs release major updates with a ton of known bugs :(
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    one day they are going to ask where were you when season six hit im going to say:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah i do not like the mentality of "release it if it doesnt crash the game or have game stopping bugs and any other bugs regardless of severity we can patch later on instead"

But the fact remains, whenever it's released (and I'm betting this Thursday is the Season 6 launch date too - I have a feeling it'll be announvced tomorrow baring any last minute major hitches found by Cryptic QA [such as it is]); but remember, Tribble, even on a test weekend is in no way subjected to the same load as Holodeck - so even it they waited until it was 99% bug free and functional on Tribble - when they release it, it a 99.999% sure thing we'll see ogther bugs that NEVER showed up in any of the Tribble testinng.

Basically, the mentality is: get it as fully functional as you can, push it Live, pray, and be ready to quickly patch whatever problems arise once it's on the Live server under the real player load.

I have a feeling the Dev team has been pulling late nights and OT (authorized by PW) to get on the stuff reported on Tribble, and get it in the best shape they can for a Thursday launch. Remember that Brandon (our community rep) posted MAZNY tinmes the the CP -> Zen conversion would go Live along with Season 6. Cryptic waiting until the very last minute to announce Thursday an the launch date to give their QA asd much time as possible to test what they've done since tyhe Tribble test weekend.

Also, IF pre-patching had not been enabled, I'd agree that Thursdauy is just the CP --> Zen conversion - but pre-patching WAS enabled on Monday; so I really think Season 6 going to Live is immiment.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    More information would be nice. You should really stop posting about maintenance without some solid info about it. Season 6? Zen conversion? Hardware/Software? I don't know if you think making your player base play the guessing game is amusing...

...Because it's not. Remember the forum transition? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Pretty sure this is season 6. They've already started pre-patching the game, plus most seasons have gone live the week after the Tribble test weekends.

Also lets look at the last 2 years, almost every season has gone live with whilst the testers on tribble have been finding bugs and issues that wern't fixed (and some still arn't). When Cryptic wants to release something they do, regardless of what the Tribble Testers say. I'll admit the bugs on Tribble right now are no where near as bad as some bugs that have been found with seasons in the past, but lets see what happens Thursday :-P
  • Options
    ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    now i am realy confused,i have on demand patching disabled but i didnt see any prepaching,i play sto every day and after or during game or at start of the game i didnt see any paching,can somone elaborate please
  • Options
    jayfresh11jayfresh11 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ozujsko wrote: »
    now i am realy confused,i have on demand patching disabled but i didnt see any prepaching,i play sto every day and after or during game or at start of the game i didnt see any paching,can somone elaborate please

The pre patch occurs once you exit the game. After you quit the game, the launcher will pop up and start the pre patch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My favorite thing about the pre-patch is I know its there before I even get into the game.

How, you might ask... Well its because my Iolo Startup Guard force closes the launcher :rolleyes:

Ive done everything on my end to allow the program to run.... Since they've started the prepatch Ive had to disable a security measure :(
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    My favorite thing about the pre-patch is I know its there before I even get into the game.

How, you might ask... Well its because my Iolo Startup Guard force closes the launcher :rolleyes:

Ive done everything on my end to allow the program to run.... Since they've started the prepatch Ive had to disable a security measure :(

get better security software
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.