test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    roth30 wrote: »
    Reading the CO forum seems the 100 is a typo and should be 1000 day vet reward.

Yeah... Noticed that myself after posting...

Still... That better be included in the STO Vet Rewards at some point.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    quick question to provide more intreage to this thred: does the release notes come out at start of downtime or end?

if at the biginning its out of the ordinary for them to not put up the release notes yet and its s6 today

if at the end it could be the conversion only or the convertion and s6 together

hmmmm, good question. i second that one.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    quick question to provide more intreage to this thred: does the release notes come out at start of downtime or end?

if at the biginning its out of the ordinary for them to not put up the release notes yet and its s6 today

if at the end it could be the conversion only or the convertion and s6 together

Before... has been the norm.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • kamblekamble Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I suspect that is the reason for some of the long completion times of starbase construction projects: to give the fleet time to farm and grind for future or concurrent projects.

To paraphrase a U.S. politician:

Grind, baby, grind!

;)

Yeah, the completion time is a nice way of making sure that the smaller fleets can progress at a speed relative to the larger fleets who may have better resources
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sooooooo still no patch notes?? stop keeping us in suspence XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kennardekennarde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wouldn't it be funny if the 7 hour downtime was for the company picnic?

Yeah...me either. :(
  • hcmarcel87hcmarcel87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah if you log on now, you'll find your user name works, they opened it early especially for you, 3 hours ahead of schedule
    Hey i want that to lol XD
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    3 hours left, time to build, maybe i can make a bride in 3 hours, i try it, take care and hope for S6 :o
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So I've taken the hours to read through all of this thread. The way I see it is this, and I think most people can agree:

There is obviously the CP-Zen conversion going on, and they might be trying to squeeze in S6 with it. Some of S6 will probably be put in, but may not be activated for a little while longer. No matter what happens, there will be complaining and raging:

#1 S6 does not come out. Mildest reaction from community.
    #2 S6 comes out littered with bugs. More complaining, lots of raging, and "I knew this would happen" from the community.
    #3 Or the worst case scenario that could happen whether option one or two occurs. Something goes wrong in the CP-Zen conversion, causing some people to lose cp/zen.

If that happens, all hands brace for impact.

I personally give it a 50/50 chance of S6 being released upon maintinence completion and a very, very low chance of option #3 happening. But who knows...
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • hcmarcel87hcmarcel87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    betayuya wrote: »
    3 hours left, time to build, maybe i can make a bride in 3 hours, i try it, take care and hope for S6 :o
    Wanna marry me then ? then we go to the party afterwords then the update will be done :P
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kennarde wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be funny if the 7 hour downtime was for the company picnic?
    (

Seeing as they are a California based operation, I don't know that BBQ Ribs @ 6am sounds good to me.....
  • nabbic1nabbic1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We can patch now :cool:

1gig
  • mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Based on what I saw of the version number when the patch started, looks like S6. Hope I'm wrong.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hcmarcel87 wrote: »
    Wanna marry me then ? then we go to the party afterwords then the update will be done :P

it might SOUND like a good idea at first, but then comes wedding that costs like 1000-2500L :eek: then the dredded land fees and then addoptions and evil kid avies :( and then they crash the sim, and then cube littler and they run away and and ... but ty for the thought :eek: lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • kamblekamble Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    pingahead wrote: »
    Seeing as they are a California based operation, I don't know that BBQ Ribs @ 6am sounds good to me.....

BBQ Ribs for breakfast.. nothing wrong wrong with that.. its just bacon on the bone!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • berniestompaberniestompa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My patch is saying 3.6gb :(

Had full client and no on demand patching active. Me is getting my hopes up a little :)

Lion.
    edited July 2012
    My game's patching now. How many MBs are in a GB? I'm not sure on that, can someone enlighten me?
  • jerlikinsjerlikins Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I'd do BBQ Ribs @ 6am...
    Any day, any time, anywhere. In the shower, on the can, on the roof, in the closet, in the movie, *nod nod*
  • darkravenxp32darkravenxp32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    BBQ ribs are good anytime!
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nabbic1 wrote: »
    We can patch now :cool:

1gig

Strange, i have all the tribble data on my system already, and i'm getting a 3gb patch, admittedly it's 40% through and i've only downloaded 11.1mb, but patched 1440mb.

Total for patch it's showing me: 3616mb
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited July 2012
    jerlikins wrote: »
    I'd do BBQ Ribs @ 6am...
    Any day, any time, anywhere. In the shower, on the can, on the roof, in the closet, in the movie, *nod nod*

1024 megabytes = 1 gigabyte

Edit: apprently i quoted the wrong person there
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • bookrackersbookrackers Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I patched 3 gigs on the back side when I logged the day before...that had to be S6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    I patched 3 gigs on the back side when I logged the day before...that had to be S6

also had that patch when the game closed down one night a couple of days ago, now another 3gb?

although i spose if an 11mb change was made to the previous 3gb patch, then it would still need to patch the whole 3gb, would just need to aquire the 11mb change first.
  • kheldornkheldorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    3616 MB patch for me as well. But already done after 3 Min or so.
    But i am pretty sure the game didn't patch in the last days either for me and i have tribble and on demand disabled. But oh well, i at least have the 3,6gb now. Lets hope for season 6^^
    edited July 2012
    It says the whole patch I'm downloading is 1118 MB. So then I'm having the same 1 Gig patch as everyone else coming in right now it seems. It's 66.8% done when I posted this reply.
  • jamesstarkerjamesstarker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lets hope it's season 6. I can't wait!
  • omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    the patch now is only 14 megabytes in size (download) and it patches a 1100mb file on your game dir.

It is not 1 gb in size! look at the "downloaded" line so see the actual size of the patch!
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1118 mb for me
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hiveman5 wrote: »
    You mean Holodeck? Its already on Tribble.

Oops! Yes, you're right. I meant holodeck. =P
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    My game's patching now. How many MBs are in a GB? I'm not sure on that, can someone enlighten me?

1 GB (gigabyte) = 1,024 MB (megabytes) = 1,048,576 kB (kilobytes) = 1,073,741,824 Bytes = 8,589,934,592 bits

This discussion has been closed.