test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EU v US servers

why is it when I change servers from EU to US I can log on :(

but when using EU servers it times out?

I'm from the UK and have used the EU servers all the time (2 years), if I use the US servers the lag is so bad it's not woth playing...

what has changed? never had this problem before....

this is a seperate post as I'm woundering if other EU server players are having issues..

Khan.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm having the same problem and its not the first time its happened why is this???
  • grhymgrhym Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How did you change Servers? Or do you mean the Logon Proxy?
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here, the EU proxy seems to be down. And let it be just the only option that gives me lag-free gaming and low latency...
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lol never even noticed that proxy in the options... but I don't feel that I have lagged at all and playing from the UK.
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    grhym wrote: »
    How did you change Servers? Or do you mean the Logon Proxy?

yeah its the log in proxy's
    eiledon wrote: »
    lol never even noticed that proxy in the options... but I don't feel that I have lagged at all and playing from the UK.

its just at US peek times i get lag now and then but if i can play without the lag all the better u know.
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    still no good...:mad:

what is going on :confused:
    edited July 2012
    I have no idea I keep trying to connect to the EU proxy but it just hangs at connecting to server....
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    why is it when I change servers from EU to US I can log on :(

but when using EU servers it times out?
    There is only one STO server, which is located off of the Cogent Communication Backbone provider in the US...

What changing the 'Proxy' does, is that it forces a change in the Internet network path. And by chance, this change could bypass sections of the Internet that is causing problems... (such as local network congestion, or issues from upgrading to IPv6 support)

But changing the network path isn't always guaranteed to work... Sometimes the path change will direct you into a section of the Internet Network that has even more issues then the one you were using. So if a certain Proxy setting doesn't work, DON'T USE IT!!!

(and have you tried the 'direct' connection with No Proxy settings at all???)
    edited July 2012
    There is only one STO server, which is located off of the Cogent Communication Backbone provider in the US...

What changing the 'Proxy' does, is that it forces a change in the Internet network path. And by chance, this change could bypass sections of the Internet that is causing problems... (such as local network congestion, or issues from upgrading to IPv6 support)

But changing the network path isn't always guaranteed to work... Sometimes the path change will direct you into a section of the Internet Network that has even more issues then the one you were using. So if a certain Proxy setting doesn't work, DON'T USE IT!!!

(and have you tried the 'direct' connection with No Proxy settings at all???)

For me, the direct connection always caused me lagspikes. Using EU always redeemed that problem. Using US is also a bit better then no proxy at all, but its not that great as when I used the EU one.

It seems the EU proxy seems to work sometimes, mostly not. In some rare cases it still works now..... 5% of the time?