What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll have to see what I have to work with after my PC takes it out of the fraps format and puts it into .mp4.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited November 2012
    I haven't been able to attend the event, sorry. :(
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    verulerveruler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would it be possible to get an invite to the fleet :)

Katza@VERuler

:D
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    veruler wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get an invite to the fleet :)

Katza@VERuler

:D

If none have sent it by tomorrow, I shall get it as soon as I can. Usually I am on around 1:00 EST PM.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The last couple of days I've been wondering about something - What type of energy weapons are native to the Ferasans? The Caitians' Stalker fighter seems to indicate that they prefer Tetryon, so what do the Ferasans use?

I asked this question on CatPhone and got a few answers, but I'd like to see what the rest of you think?

(For those wondering the opinion on CatPhone was pretty much unanimously Polaron, but there were only four or five others on at the time)

Seeing as I'll be using this to build my Mirror Qin I'm also interested in what type of Kinetic weapons you think they'd use as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I've always been told Tetryon for Ferasans too. Honestly I think any will do since it's a STO created race and not from official Canon.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I've always been told Tetryon for Ferasans too. Honestly I think any will do since it's a STO created race and not from official Canon.

If we can choose anything, I don't see why it has to be one of the weakest in the game.

Real Ferasans use Phaser or Disruptor. Or anything else, but I'd prefer to think of it as one of those two because I use Disruptor, and Phaser is generally considered the best type. (My reason for choosing Disruptor is explained by not knowing what to choose thus leading to randomly picking something several months ago.)
    edited November 2012
    I'm back in-game full time so if any cats need STFS, let me know!
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ah, sweet oxygen.

It would appear my Bronchitis has ebbed. Yea!
    edited November 2012
    Ah, sweet oxygen.

It would appear my Bronchitis has ebbed. Yea!

We were all so worried that you had fallen off the planet. ;)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We're having issues with our starbase projects. The idea to slot 1000 xp projects only looked nice in theory, but in practice it's a disaster. They take 4-5 days to get filled, and we're always short on doffs. 500 xp projects wouldn't be such an issue, since they don't require specific doffs and are always filled in the next 6h. I don't know why this choice was made. If it's because only a handful of people could give that much dil, then it's an issue, otherwise we should choose some 500 xp projects.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I thought one of the Fleet leader-guys said something about it being in preparation for the release of Season 7 and not knowing exactly what kind of strain that advancing through the Rep System's tiers would put on everybody's available dilithium...maybe? I'm tired and a bit out of sorts of Cryptic's latest "**** you" to the player base's ability to obtain dilithium in a timely manner.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Remember this is not a race so if we lose a few days, ultimately its no big deal.

but yes we should switch back to the 500 projects. yes dilithium will be a bit harder to come buy, but we are a relatively sizable fleet and everyone only has to contribute small amounts if we all pull together.

its worked up till now, and even if it slows down a touch it should not be that much tougher.

the doff missions are way, way too long, so unless they get changed please avoid them.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know dil is going to be an issue, and I know it's not a race (it's something i say quite often on the forums), but seeing some progression is interesting too. At least we should aim to get to T4, to get purple doffs from our starbase vendor. This is something we all need, considering what season 7 is. :)

We're 150 players in the fleet and i'm pretty sure half of us log in at least once every two days, so we should be ok with dil. We're KDF, we have the pi canis sorties. :cool:
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dilithium grind = 10 minutes or less, two computers, two accounts, PvP mission, 1v1 yourself (ground is much faster) on a kill count of 5.

Boring but very effective.
    edited November 2012
    I have some bad news for you, Bob. And by bad news for you I really do mean for you. The Tide seems to have stopped rolling, my Aggies put the brakes on.

And you thought I was crazy.
    edited November 2012
    sirepical wrote: »
    I have some bad news for you, Bob. And by bad news for you I really do mean for you. The Tide seems to have stopped rolling, my Aggies put the brakes on.

And you thought I was crazy.

This is the game I have been worried about all year. It smelled like a trap game from the start. The Aggies played well. They are a fine addition to the SEC, and I think you'd agree that going undefeated in this league is freaking hard!

But, one more SEC win and we face Georgia in the SEC title game. And a loss by two of the remaining three (Oregon, KSU, or Notre Dame) means we could still end up back in Miami.

But if there is a team I could stomach losing to, it would be Texas A&M. Congrats.
    edited November 2012
    This is the game I have been worried about all year. It smelled like a trap game from the start. The Aggies played well. They are a fine addition to the SEC, and I think you'd agree that going undefeated in this league is freaking hard!

But, one more SEC win and we face Georgia in the SEC title game. And a loss by two of the remaining three (Oregon, KSU, or Notre Dame) means we could still end up back in Miami.

But if there is a team I could stomach losing to, it would be Texas A&M. Congrats.

Thanks, and I do agree with all that.

If Texas A&M can't win the national championship this year (which is ridiculously unlikely, since several teams would have to completely fall apart first), I was hoping an SEC team could still win it to make the Aggies looks better, like, say ... Alabama. So from now on to the end of the year, Roll Tide!

But we still have 3 more years of Johnny Football. This should be fun....
    edited November 2012
    sirepical wrote: »
    Thanks, and I do agree with all that.

If Texas A&M can't win the national championship this year (which is ridiculously unlikely, since several teams would have to completely fall apart first), I was hoping an SEC team could still win it to make the Aggies looks better, like, say ... Alabama. So from now on to the end of the year, Roll Tide!

But we still have 3 more years of Johnny Football. This should be fun....

But I hope you realize you put a mark on yourself for next year. One does not simply beat Nick Saban. One pokes a sleeping lion with a whiffle bat.

Saban now has an entire year's worth of footage and an entire year to plan a defensive strategy. Ask Tebow how the rematch went. ;)

Seriously, I can see the Texas A&M/Bama game deciding the SEC West over the next couple years.
    edited November 2012
    The journey to the new STF sets begins tomorrow...
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I log into a new world, a reality twisted greatly from just a few hours prior. Whether it is for good or bad, I will see for myself in a few minutes.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ah. That dreaded and so far incurable loading screen CTD that rendered Tribble unusable for me has carried over to Holodeck with S7. I won't be seeing you guys in CatPhone until I get this solved. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Ah. That dreaded and so far incurable loading screen CTD that rendered Tribble unusable for me has carried over to Holodeck with S7. I won't be seeing you guys in CatPhone until I get this solved. :(

Hope it gets solved!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Hope it gets solved!

Only problem is, I don't even know how to solve it. The verify all files seems to also have kicked the bucket, as it sits there saying 'patching' and then after a while says 'ready' and the engage button lights up. And it will crash again when I try loading the game.
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome To Season Seven Shadowcats! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    So much for getting Zira's stf count to 300 quickly.The loss of dilithium in STFs killed my incentive to run more than is needed per day for reputation. Theres so much to do now and with the new methods needed for dilithium, I'm gonna have to focus on one cat at a time now :(.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What actually bugs me more is even the loss of loot like typical shields and engines, in other words, vendor trash lol. Cause I used EC for contraband turn ins and crafting mats for torpedo platforms selling around 30k/40k a peice. It all added up over time when I could earn reasonable sums per match at times and supply my manufacturing needs.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    What actually bugs me more is even the loss of loot like typical shields and engines, in other words, vendor trash lol. Cause I used EC for contraband turn ins and crafting mats for torpedo platforms selling around 30k/40k a peice. It all added up over time when I could earn reasonable sums per match at times and supply my manufacturing needs.

They've removed it because they want people playing the Fleet Actions...only the stuff in the Fleet Actions really is trash unless you happen to come in first through third. You'd occassionally get some useful stuff in the STF bags.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There has been some welcome changes to starbases though.

fleet doff vendor now gives a more balanced number of doffs out (so no 1 security officer to every 20 tacs anymore). also many of the harder missions that require blue and greens have been reduced down to just whites.

this should make the doff only ones much, much easier to fill. if anyone is sitting o huge quantities of fleet credits they dont use, then buying doffs for the projects is a great way to help.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Of all my times roaming the base I have never known of a doff vendor there? I'll have to check that out as I do sit on about 500k fc. I hope I can turn some good profit off a good number of doff packs I also sit on if the price shoots up soon, pretty much content with my roster.