What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Personal status: Currently listening to Genesis while playing and selling off many DOffs per charcter (making lots of ECs), why have I never listened to their albums previously I don't know. I love Phil Collins voice...

Also would anyone be interested if I created a facebook page for our fleet? We could upload pics, videos and stay in touch that way, the only issue some might have is that you'd have to connect via your personal account, unless of course you've created a "gaming account" with fake info, which could be a facebook account for a STO character (yes some people do that, I haven't).
    sirepical wrote: »
    I never choose projects because people just say I'm an idiot for doing so and I don't want to bother with all that. Clearly the focus is Military which I do not agree with but I decided to stop arguing it.

I'm absolutely open to hearing others opinions on why we should focus on a different project track.

Honestly now I'm not bothered if we stop focusing on a single track and just focus on the easiest projects for the fastest XP boosts.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Hmm not bad. I'll stick with the fleet uniform though. They released a massive update on Tribble yesterday... Season 7 draws ever closer. I'll be back full time when it does :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Hmm not bad. I'll stick with the fleet uniform though. They released a massive update on Tribble yesterday... Season 7 draws ever closer. I'll be back full time when it does :D.

I guess I'll go ahead and download the tribble to cut down on future download time.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited October 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    Yeah I would like the fleet to stay Ferasan only, that's what has always made this fleet unique.

I would appreciate some ideas to help attract more Ferasan players to the fleet though.

Do you think we need more slaves to work on the starbase? :D

Play more? I've joined because I saw a member and liked the fleet name.

We could also set up some silly in game events with as many members as possible. Some social ones on DS9 for instance, with party poppers, Ferasan trains, etc.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Please feel free to organise events!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'll post this to the calendar in-game later. But this coming saturday (November 3, 2012) I need as many cats as I can to help me make some promo videos for the fleet. I have a few ideas in mind and I have enough STO videos on my own channel to last me until next week so I can work on the timing of my shots.

Any ideas you wish to provide, post them here. Also, if you have an idea of a tagline, that would be useful too.

I want to make some that are on the humorous side. One idea I have is to have Twinkers walk a line of Shadowcats in the form of a uniform inspection. But near the end of the line will be one shadowcat dressed in a very colorful outfit. I'll have a voiceover of a drill sergeant talking about the importance of uniform that will be cut off the moment the "fruity" Shadowcat comes into screen. Twinkers will then give a /emote facepalm and then the bumper will run.

This is my one idea. Let me know if you have some more. I'd like to start blanketing the forum with ads for the fleet around the time Season 7 goes live.
    edited October 2012
    I have to make a small proposal,
    we are currently short on some hard to find green doffs and have a abudance of fleetships, we could sell some of these ships from our "surplus depot" (~100) to get some energy credits to accelerate these projects by buying these duty officers.
    What do the other 'cats think?
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Bob that sounds great, I will be there for sure!

Another thing we could do is have everyone who attends wear the Fleet Uniform I added a couple of weeks back, so that in your "inspection" most Shadowcats will look like they're wearing a fleet uniform, while another will be wearing as you say a "very colourful outfit". :)

Valenn, I approve of your idea though I'm interested to see what the others think, but I would like it to be your project should you decide to go forward with it as you know how to do it, and also have the permissions to do it.
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    I'm absolutely open to hearing others opinions on why we should focus on a different project track.

Honestly now I'm not bothered if we stop focusing on a single track and just focus on the easiest projects for the fastest XP boosts.

Well my main reason is simply because I'm way more interested in fleet ground gear than I am in fleet ships. As you all know I like ground a ton and over time, I have realized that most people that play STO aren't the same (pretty much the only one who agrees with me that I've met is Izzy).

So I would want to focus in Engineering or just be balanced. We also (to my knowledge) don't know exactly what items we'll be getting for Science and Engineering, but we do for Military, as we can see every unlockable ship before we get there. The idea of discovering what those items are is a lot more appealing to me than unlocking what I already know will be available.

Now, I realize that most people won't agree with that and it likely won't make a difference, but it is what I think.
    I'll post this to the calendar in-game later. But this coming saturday (November 3, 2012) I need as many cats as I can to help me make some promo videos for the fleet. I have a few ideas in mind and I have enough STO videos on my own channel to last me until next week so I can work on the timing of my shots.

Any ideas you wish to provide, post them here. Also, if you have an idea of a tagline, that would be useful too.

I want to make some that are on the humorous side. One idea I have is to have Twinkers walk a line of Shadowcats in the form of a uniform inspection. But near the end of the line will be one shadowcat dressed in a very colorful outfit. I'll have a voiceover of a drill sergeant talking about the importance of uniform that will be cut off the moment the "fruity" Shadowcat comes into screen. Twinkers will then give a /emote facepalm and then the bumper will run.

This is my one idea. Let me know if you have some more. I'd like to start blanketing the forum with ads for the fleet around the time Season 7 goes live.

I love that idea. I volenteer to be the colorful Ferasan (I know how shocking that must be). :P
    valenn1 wrote: »
    we are currently short on some hard to find green doffs and have a abudance of fleetships, we could sell some of these ships from our "surplus depot" (~100) to get some energy credits to accelerate these projects by buying these duty officers.

That would seem to be a logical choice of action.
    edited October 2012

Aww man, I'm going to be doing something all day Saturday. I was hoping Fluffy could be the technicolor kitty at the end of the line. Maybe if I get a chance, I could stand him there when I have a moment to be online, then since it doesn't log me out for an hour you could just film the video with Fluffy there (without me actually being there).

Given 30 minutes or so, I could come up with the strangest uniform you've ever laid eyes on. :D
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    valenn1 wrote: »

Well we discussed it earlier and I still approve that. That's what we need not to be stucked with op asset projects. 100 ships would be clearly enough for a long, long time, and we need to sell our surpluses quickly because many fleet will reach T3 soon.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Oh, BTW, I need everyone who wants to be in the video to arrive at 12:00PM (noon) US Central Standard Time. That's 10:00AM for you Left Coasters and 1:00PM for you East Coasters. EU, um, click here.

Everyone needs to be wearing the official fleet uniform (the one we unlocked). Color doesn't matter. 1st, if you are on, were a TOS uniform in the brightest colors you can find.
    edited November 2012
    Oh, BTW, I need everyone who wants to be in the video to arrive at 12:00PM (noon) US Central Standard Time. That's 10:00AM for you Left Coasters and 1:00PM for you East Coasters. EU, um, click here.

Everyone needs to be wearing the official fleet uniform (the one we unlocked). Color doesn't matter. 1st, if you are on, were a TOS uniform in the brightest colors you can find.

I checked the uniform colors for the KDF, not very bright. (I also found out that nothing I sell on Fluffy is giving me ec. lol) However, even though I couldn't buy it I did create a hideous uniform concoction, so it still is possible to make something bright and nasty. :rolleyes:
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Not saying I'll make it, but in case I do: When you say in the Fleet Uniform do you mean just the fleet uniform or can we have things like shoulder pads, sashes, etc on top of the uniform?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    canis36 wrote: »
    Not saying I'll make it, but in case I do: When you say in the Fleet Uniform do you mean just the fleet uniform or can we have things like shoulder pads, sashes, etc on top of the uniform?

You can have accessories. But the base uniforms needs to be the fleet uniform.
    edited November 2012

I meant the FSF fleet uniforms I added which everyone has access too, not the fleet uniform which costs 16k dilithium, I haven't unlocked that yet and there's no guarantee that everyone else has.

I've been grinding my back side off to get dilithium and use it to purchase keys ever since the last lock box was released. About 60 keys later and still no Temporal Science Vessel for my character Chronos.

I can make 16k dilithium over the next 2 days, but can everyone else if they haven't unlocked the uniform already.

Has anyone even bothered to look at the fleet uniforms I added? They're simply labelled as follows.

Engineer Uniform.
    Science Uniform.
    Tactical Uniform.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I shall try to be there for the event.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited November 2012

I've been amazingly busy but I'll do what I can to make it, which I should. I'll set timers and everything.
    edited November 2012
    Okay, I'm going to make a uniform for this weekend and will title it "Commadore".

Wear it as the base uniform but with the following guidelines:
    Black and X1 Career Colors only (So A1 or B1 or C1, etc)
    Leave the Gold trim.
    Armor must enhance the look, not overtake it. (So no Honor Guard, etc)
    All players need a Bat'leth of any type and should be visible.
    Turn armor and kits visibility to "Off".
    Shoes should be solid black. So leave them as the default.
    Belts should either be black or the exact color of the Career color from above (so no bright pinks with the red)

If I think of anything else once the game finishes patching, I'll add it here. The uniform looks generic, but that is what I want.
    edited November 2012
    Armor must enhance the look, not overtake it. (So no Honor Guard, etc)

By the way, you know how there's a thing where you select the type of outfit you want to wear, usually greyed out for KDF, with the options on Fed being Uniform, Off-Duty, and Formal ... well, there's also (once you unlock the outfit from the accolades) an option for Honor Guard, M.A.C.O. and Omega. So it's impossible to mix that with regular outfits in the Uniform category. Not a big deal, just letting you know.
    edited November 2012
    Just made the outfit I plan on using. It is located:

A little further down....

Getting close....

Right here.
    edited November 2012
    Just made the outfit I plan on using. It is located:

A little further down....

Getting close....

Right here.
    A cat in blue jeans... lol:P.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    A cat in blue jeans... lol:P.

That was the idea. ;)
    edited November 2012
    That was the idea. ;)

I love it. Though, pink jeans would have also been acceptable.
    edited November 2012
    My gosh season 7 is looking awesome. I'm ready for it to come so I can get back into the game. Making Zira my main toon now :D. Caitians will just have to wait for all the goodies.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd say it sure is, although one huge concern about the doff system, but that's for another topic. I look forward especially to running the new STF's with you all and checking out the new additions to the omega shop. I have been steadily getting stronger and working to get even more so, I'll be ready for it =^.^= roar!

I also just signed up for tribble recently and will be checking some stuff out over the weekend!
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks like they are making the chef starbase mission easier from the tribble patch notes, and should just cost normal food. so hopefully once we get to it there wont be any need to collect a thousand targ hearts.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    We succesfullized the video! Now Bob just has to make it look good.
    edited November 2012
    Sorry I was unable to attend, some things came up. Looking forward to it :D.