test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• rosharosha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There has been some welcome changes to starbases though.

fleet doff vendor now gives a more balanced number of doffs out (so no 1 security officer to every 20 tacs anymore). also many of the harder missions that require blue and greens have been reduced down to just whites.

this should make the doff only ones much, much easier to fill. if anyone is sitting o huge quantities of fleet credits they dont use, then buying doffs for the projects is a great way to help.

I'm glad to see that's changed, that imbalance was such a waste of FCs - I mean I could sell some on the exchange but not many :(
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Finally getting around to patching ... I should be there in just a few minutes to see all the changes.
    Loading screen looks ugly now. That's pretty much my only comment so far.
    I really hope I can get STO working, by the end of today I'll have not been on for two days straight. And that hasn't happened since June.

:(
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    they have modifed the dilithium again.

stf's are getting some dilithium put back in, and fleet actions are being reduced to compensate.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6581631&postcount=1
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    they have modifed the dilithium again.

stf's are getting some dilithium put back in, and fleet actions are being reduced to compensate.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6581631&postcount=1

STF cats rejoice!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited November 2012
    *Rejoices*

I'll be continuing my grindfest tomorrow!
    Now in day three without STO. :(
    Verify all files is not doing anything.
    What do I do? :confused:
    edited November 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Now in day three without STO. :(
    Verify all files is not doing anything.
    What do I do? :confused:

Tell us exactly what the problem is in as much detail as you can. EDIT - nevermind i saw your earlier posts.

so you can get into the game ok? have you switched on demand patching off, so it downloads the whole game before you log in. (in the launcher menu)

have you updated your computers drivers (graphics, audio, etc)

has there been a change to your firewall settings that is block the game.

have you tried changing the proxy (again in the launcher menu)

have you got a program called or sounding similar like 'pando media booster installed' if so uninstall it.

have you tried totally uninstalling and reinstalling?
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tell us exactly what the problem is in as much detail as you can.

Here is a step-by-step explanation of exactly what I do:

I click on the launcher.
    I enter my password.
    I wait for the patch bar to say 'ready'
    I click engage.
    It loads the Cryptic screen.
    I gets to the Starfleet logo screen and crashes to desktop.
    The submit error ticket box pops up.

Now, if I want to try verifying all files after a crash, it is slightly different:

I click on the launcher.
    I enter my password.
    It says 'An error was detected by the game, do you want to verify all files? Note: this may take 10-20 minutes.
    The patch bar says 'patching' for 10-20 minutes.
    It will eventually say 'ready'
    I click engage.
    It loads the Cryptic screen.
    I gets to the Starfleet logo screen and crashes to desktop.
    The submit error ticket box pops up.

That's all I can tell you that happens. It never says '<file> was corrupt' or anything like that.
    edited November 2012
    so you can get into the game ok? have you switched on demand patching off, so it downloads the whole game before you log in. (in the launcher menu)

have you updated your computers drivers (graphics, audio, etc)

has there been a change to your firewall settings that is block the game.

have you tried changing the proxy (again in the launcher menu)

have you got a program called or sounding similar like 'pando media booster installed' if so uninstall it.

have you tried totally uninstalling and reinstalling?

I'll answer them in order:

No, I can't get into the game at all, but I'll try turning off the on demand patching.

I've checked for updates on them, all as up to date as they can be right now.

I haven't touched firewall settings.

Pardon me for for my limited knowledge of computer stuff, I don't know what a proxy is.

I haven't heard of 'pando media booster' or anything similar, nor have I downloaded anything that sounds remotely like it.

Again, these problems happened on Holodeck and Tribble after the S7 patches on each, so I will try the last thing on your list and uninstall/reinstall.
    edited November 2012
    I turned off the on demand patching. Two hours and 3330.5 mb later, I finally got to press engage and... crash. At the exact same spot. I see no other option left to me than to just uninstall and reinstall STO. So, is there anything in particular I need to do to prepare, or anything I need to save before uninstalling it?
    edited November 2012
    At this point I might suggest a new computer since it sounds like yours may be rather old or something ... of course I don't know if that's an option for you or not, but usually problems like that (at least, ones I've had) makes me just realize that my computer is pretty old and its time is over.

Obviously that's pretty drastic. Maybe one of those PC clean-up things would work though I don't know much about that. If you're not having any problems remotely like that on other programs that you have, then I don't know. But I imagine that's pretty unlikely.
    sirepical wrote: »
    At this point I might suggest a new computer since it sounds like yours may be rather old or something ... of course I don't know if that's an option for you or not, but usually problems like that (at least, ones I've had) makes me just realize that my computer is pretty old and its time is over.

Obviously that's pretty drastic. Maybe one of those PC clean-up things would work though I don't know much about that. If you're not having any problems remotely like that on other programs that you have, then I don't know. But I imagine that's pretty unlikely.

Yeah, getting a new computer is out of the question right now, uninstalling is really my only option. I know that the problems lies somewhere in the S7 update - where? I have no idea.

P.S.: Alecto, the 'Post your best New Romulus screenshot - space and ground' thread needs moderating. Some guys are doing forum PvP, and I think you'll be surprised to see who the two rule-breakers are.

No, seriously. You'll be very surprised.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I turned off the on demand patching. Two hours and 3330.5 mb later, I finally got to press engage and... crash. At the exact same spot. I see no other option left to me than to just uninstall and reinstall STO. So, is there anything in particular I need to do to prepare, or anything I need to save before uninstalling it?

Had the same problem before, here is how I fixed:
    1. Load Launcher
    2. Options
    3. Force Verify
    4. Once Completed, ensure that in-game notifications for Steam are turned OFF.
    5. Restart PC
    6. Restart Launcher
    7. Game works
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Had the same problem before, here is how I fixed:
    1. Load Launcher
    2. Options
    3. Force Verify
    4. Once Completed, ensure that in-game notifications for Steam are turned OFF.
    5. Restart PC
    6. Restart Launcher
    7. Game works

I did this method exactly, really hoping it would solve my problem. But...

It didn't work!

:(

My game is hell bent on not letting me in.
    edited November 2012
    sorry to hear that.

those were my best guesses. there may be more acknowledged people in the techy sections.

the proxy is just an option in the launcher menu to change to EU, US, or none. i think each is set up to deal with the different regions to maximise performance depending where you come from.

i cant imagine it will help but it does affect internet connection. should not be enough to cause a crash though, and as you dont know it you would not have changed it.
    edited November 2012
    on a different note, if anyone wants omega marks and is not an stf fan, i can confirm that defera and the red alerts have them in small quantities.

defera offers a mix of fleet marks and omega marks.

red alerts offer omega marks and the option of loot or dilithium.

mathcing up with the flet hours and reputation hours will increase the rewards slightly.
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to reinstall the game. Do I just activate the uninstall file, then go and redownload the game once it's done, or is there any other stuff I need to do?
    edited November 2012
    The uninstal should do the job. i think the only thing you want to be careful of is it probably will lose your screenshots so if you want them, then copy them to a brand new folder.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Try to update your graphic card drivers.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited November 2012
    STO is installing again, and it can't decide how long it will take. It's bouncing around 2-3 hours. I had a gruesome picture of an Odyssey exploding from a self destruct when I ran the uninstaller.

This is gonna be a while, but a complete redo should fix my problem.
    edited November 2012
    No... no... it didn't work... it didn't work...

I have failed...

-bagpipes begin-
    edited November 2012

I have failed...

-bagpipes begin-

While I am no computer expert this has somewhat convinced me there is an issue with your computer in some fashion.

we all download the same game. we all use the same install files and if you have downloaded from scratch then you should have the same files as me, and everyone else.

there is something on your computer that is getting in the way of the game working. a corrupt file, a conflicting program, and out of date driver. something that is stopping the game from working as it should.

i know thats probably no help at all, but the only course of action is to log or wait for a ticket update and see what they think. they might be able to isolate the problem (the crash report should give a number that they hopefully track) and give you a reason as to why its happening.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I have failed...

-bagpipes begin-

Looks like you didn't read my post, most of the time the issue comes from your drivers.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Looks like you didn't read my post, most of the time the issue comes from your drivers.

he has already said he has updated his drivers in an earlier post.

but its possible he has missed something.
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No offence but this conversation should really continue over in the PC & Technical Issues section of the STO forum. There's only so much good advice fleet mates can give you. You should have created a thread in the appropriate section of the forum already but if you haven't please do so.
    edited November 2012
    important and mostly awesome changes are on the way.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457021
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Happy cat is happy about changes.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited November 2012
    New changes + Dan's communication with the playerbase = a happy Voporak