What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Pegasus Galaxy Sector 45-C Grid 1, Old Forerunner world. There is a bon fire amid the ruins of the city as the crews of both ships are drinking and partying. Kenway sits there drinking a little bit as Ade comes over.*

Kenway: Not much of a party man are you?

Ade: No. I am curious as to what your plan is...

Kenway: This is a ruined galaxy Ade, from what I have heard happening in the Milky way it appears the same thing happened here twenty years ago. Plus for the Republic it is not so well known. There is value here in this galaxy and my guess is that if we sack an other vessel we can find some Iconian treasure or even whatever race this place belonged to.

Ade: What makes you think that?

Kenway: *Takes out a round keystone and tosses it to him..*

I doubt those where made just for show...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Dani: He does, I don't. He's decided that I'm leaving... and he's made up his mind.

*Dani sighs.*

I guess there's always the chance I'll see Tara again... There's that, I guess...

*She wipes a tear from her eye.*

...even if I never get to come home, or see my parents... or you...

*OOC: Just checking, you do realise that I intended for you to have the pirates capture Drake and Tara, right?*

*OOC: I was hoping for some parental defiance.. Just for a bit of interest..*

Terry: You control a lot more than he does. Especially your fate. Why else would your sister go..

I know this is odd but I want you to stay..

*OOC: I know had to show a little more of Kenway's overall desire right now.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: I was hoping for some parental defiance.. Just for a bit of interest..*

Terry: You control a lot more than he does. Especially your fate. Why else would your sister go..

I know this is odd but I want you to stay..

*OOC: The thing is, Dani knows why her father's sending her away. She also knows she can't change his mind. Also, unlike Tara, Dani likes to do what's expected of her. Besides, as you say, Tara's in Pegasus. It's a horrible place she's in. If she goes to Pegasus, she could be reunited with her little sister, but could be stranded away from everyone else she's ever loved. The idea behind her essentially going against her parents to help Tara run away was to illustrate how close she was to Tara. Essentially, she's trapped between family in Pegasus (her vulnerable baby sister, who she needs to take care of) and her love for Terry.*

Dani: So do I... but Dad's made up his mind. I can't just go against him...

And... what about Tara? If they Pegasus Colonies are cut off, I'll never see her again. She won't even have a chance to come home. She'll be stranded... alone.

She's my baby sister. I can't leave her behind. I'm sorry.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *A day or so later both ships are out and about in the sector and manage to pick up Drake's ship on long range scanners (jury rigged and stolen Republic sensors) *

Finneran: Captain we have something coming up..

Kenway: Good. Bring us about and set up our trap...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: I know had to show a little more of Kenway's overall desire right now.

OOC: Okay, I'll retcon the 'attack' then and repost it now.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: The thing is, Dani knows why her father's sending her away. She also knows she can't change his mind. Also, unlike Tara, Dani likes to do what's expected of her. Besides, as you say, Tara's in Pegasus. It's a horrible place she's in. If she goes to Pegasus, she could be reunited with her little sister, but could be stranded away from everyone else she's ever loved. The idea behind her essentially going against her parents to help Tara run away was to illustrate how close she was to Tara. Essentially, she's trapped between family in Pegasus (her vulnerable baby sister, who she needs to take care of) and her love for Terry.*

Dani: So do I... but Dad's made up his mind. I can't just go against him...

And... what about Tara? If they Pegasus Colonies are cut off, I'll never see her again. She won't even have a chance to come home. She'll be stranded... alone.

She's my baby sister. I can't leave her behind. I'm sorry.

*OOC: Alright but I do have something in mind that might bring her back around. Something to trigger that revisiting that flash forward we did with Sam... But really is Tara that helpless?*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *A day or so later both ships are out and about in the sector and manage to pick up Drake's ship on long range scanners (jury rigged and stolen Republic sensors) *

Finneran: Captain we have something coming up..

Kenway: Good. Bring us about and set up our trap...

*Drake hears the Elim's proximity alert go off.*

Drake: What the--?

Hang on!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: Alright but I do have something in mind that might bring her back around. Something to trigger that revisiting that flash forward we did with Sam... But really is Tara that helpless?*

OOC: No, but Dani's her big sister and hasn't spoken with Tara in person for 2 years. It's not only her job to be protective, but Dani doesn't actually know that Tara can take care of herself.

And neither does Terry, hint hint. ;)

The idea is that Tara was sorta that helpless when she left but learned to take care of herself in Pegasus (which I'll get into when I start delving into the Tara/Samana flashbacks).

Also, anything further on the Gateway angle?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Drake hears the Elim's proximity alert go off.*

Drake: What the--?

Hang on!

*Both ships drop cloak and open fire on the ship a strange connected torpedo rounds at the ship knocking its engines offline. *

Kenway: Disable those weapons lads. We have a ship to take.

Ade: Fire the normal rounds and the little ellies

*The ships fire both weapons and riddle the ship as helpless...*

Kenway: Lets board and see what we got here...

Ade you have the comm..

*Kenway and two others beam board the ship armed with others ready in case something happens..*

Ade *on the comm* : If the worst should happen..

Kenway: Keep to the Code.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OOC: No, but Dani's her big sister and hasn't spoken with Tara in person for 2 years. It's not only her job to be protective, but Dani doesn't actually know that Tara can take care of herself.

And neither does Terry, hint hint. ;)

The idea is that Tara was sorta that helpless when she left but learned to take care of herself in Pegasus (which I'll get into when I start delving into the Tara/Samana flashbacks).

Also, anything further on the Gateway angle?

*OOC: Alright. But don't worry... If anything I am trying to find a good way to order the coming arcs ... As for the gateway the questions Holtz posed are answered for the most part but I do have something in mind for me to continue... if I can make something of it. *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Holtz: Move forward with it then.. Inform me when he arrives and I will need access to this technology... I wish to tinker with it...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Both ships drop cloak and open fire on the ship a strange connected torpedo rounds at the ship knocking its engines offline. *

Kenway: Disable those weapons lads. We have a ship to take.

Ade: Fire the normal rounds and the little ellies

*The ships fire both weapons and riddle the ship as helpless...*

Kenway: Lets board and see what we got here...

Ade you have the comm..

*Kenway and two others beam board the ship armed with others ready in case something happens..*

Ade *on the comm* : If the worst should happen..

Kenway: Keep to the Code.

Tara: Err... Drake...

Drake: Tara, don't do anything stupid.

*Drake puts his hands behind his head.*

We don't want a fight...

*OOC: Okay, I know I might be taking the pirate thing too far (especially after getting on your case about the stereotypical accent), but remember what I said about Tara learning to take care of herself? Well, I was just thinking, these guys have gotten their hands on (metaphorically speaking) this fairly attractive, apparently completely innocent 16 year-old girl...

But, it's your choice. I don't know if you want Kenway's rabble to be those kind of stereotypical pirates (i.e. scumbags).*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Holtz: Move forward with it then.. Inform me when he arrives and I will need access to this technology... I wish to tinker with it...

Iconian: You'll have access to the facility's old library and the tech lab. If Captain DeFalco returns from his mission, I will definitely request his presence for you.

As for activating the gate... we're waiting on personnel from the Republic before we go for a dial-up.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Tara: Err... Drake...

Drake: Tara, don't do anything stupid.

*Drake puts his hands behind his head.*

We don't want a fight...

*OOC: Okay, I know I might be taking the pirate thing too far (especially after getting on your case about the stereotypical accent), but remember what I said about Tara learning to take care of herself? Well, I was just thinking, these guys have gotten their hands on (metaphorically speaking) this fairly attractive, apparently completely innocent 16 year-old girl...

But, it's your choice. I don't know if you want Kenway's rabble to be those kind of stereotypical pirates (i.e. scumbags).*

*OOC: That is what is going to make him a bit interesting... But no I am not going to go that far with Kenway and Ade.. His men though will be needing to be corralled.. Gotta keep something for a bit of tension.. Plus for Tara to keep herself safe. *

Kenway: Neither do we per se but I do want the ship you have here.. It can go for some interesting amounts on the market.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

OOC: The channel is still open... Do you want to have some touching words from Terry in response?

There is one problem... I thought we'd have more time when we did the flash forward with Sam before the Eblisi showed up. If you go back to the post... you can tell it was actually meant to be Tara with Terry in the flash forward...

Though I can always change it to be Dani... I just thought I'd have time to establish Tara's full character before the Eblisi showed up. At the time I assumed we'd do the Romulan War and then the Eblisi, but oh well.

Or we could hold off the forward flash until Tara's character is ready, but that is a LONG way off. It will probably just be easier for me to go back and change it to be Dani instead.

And no, I didn't plan for a romance between Tara and Terry. With Dani and Terry right now that would be... awkward...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: That is what is going to make him a bit interesting... But no I am not going to go that far with Kenway and Ade.. His men though will be needing to be corralled.. Gotta keep something for a bit of tension.. Plus for Tara to keep herself safe. *

Kenway: Neither do we per se but I do want the ship you have here.. It can go for some interesting amounts on the market.

Drake: Sorry. It's not for sale.

*OOC: Yeah... Drake's being a smartass. Kinda what I intended him to be. Kind of a Han Solo-esque character.*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    OOC: The channel is still open... Do you want to have some touching words from Terry in response?

There is one problem... I thought we'd have more time when we did the flash forward with Sam before the Eblisi showed up. If you go back to the post... you can tell it was actually meant to be Tara with Terry in the flash forward...

Though I can always change it to be Dani... I just thought I'd have time to establish Tara's full character before the Eblisi showed up. At the time I assumed we'd do the Romulan War and then the Eblisi, but oh well.

Or we could hold off the forward flash until Tara's character is ready, but that is a LONG way off. It will probably just be easier for me to go back and change it to be Dani instead.

And no, I didn't plan for a romance between Tara and Terry. With Dani and Terry right now that would be... awkward...

*OOC: That is the funny thing the charge forward is going to take time and I am thinking that the Romulans will be moving in on the Klingons given the problems right now.. Plus What I have in mind is for the powers right now to be only in name allies as we tackle deeper problems especially the Romulans. Plus How do you think Terry is going to get like that in the Flash forward. It is during the conflict with the Elibisi.

Plus I have a few things with Northman, Stane, and gyunei to do. Including Wax... Then Species 9042... So a Romulan War is not out of the question.. So trust me you do have time..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Drake: Sorry. It's not for sale.

*OOC: Yeah... Drake's being a smartass. Kinda what I intended him to be. Kind of a Han Solo-esque character.*

Kenway: *laughs and looks at his men who also laugh* A smart TRIBBLE huh? I am surprised your not dead yet. But seeing as I am in the business of taking it anyway.. I don't see how you can get out of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Kenway: *laughs and looks at his men who also laugh* A smart TRIBBLE huh? I am surprised your not dead yet. But seeing as I am in the business of taking it anyway.. I don't see how you can get out of it.

Drake: Well, I am deputised by Pegasus Colonial Security...

Tara: And even if he wasn't, we can get out of it very easily. Here, I'll show you.

*Tara quickly elbows the pirate behind her in the face, breaking his nose, before grabbing his phaser and shooting the other guard on stun, followed by a sharp elbow to the first guard's stomach before throwing him over her shoulder, pressing her foot on his neck.

Drake looks at her, stunned.*

Drake: I... didn't know she could do that... for the record.

*Tara smirks at the two.*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Drake: Well, I am deputised by Pegasus Colonial Security...

Tara: And even if he wasn't, we can get out of it very easily. Here, I'll show you.

*Tara quickly elbows the pirate behind her in the face, breaking his nose, before grabbing his phaser and shooting the other guard on stun, followed by a sharp elbow to the first guard's stomach before throwing him over her shoulder, pressing her foot on his neck.

Drake looks at her, stunned.*

Drake: I... didn't know she could do that... for the record.

*Tara smirks at the two.*

Kenway: *Gun pointed at her head the phaser is older he fires a stun blast which takes Tara off her feet...*

*Looking at the two guards...*

Get up!

*The two get up and take Tara over to the ship..*

Kenway: Now.. Deputy.. Will you come quietly? There is no need for you to die today..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Kenway: *Gun pointed at her head the phaser is older he fires a stun blast which takes Tara off her feet...*

*Looking at the two guards...*

Get up!

*The two get up and take Tara over to the ship..*

Kenway: Now.. Deputy.. Will you come quietly? There is no need for you to die today..

Drake: What are you going to do with us?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Drake: What are you going to do with us?

Kenway: Ransom.. Or whatever you choose. I only want to make my own way.. here free from everything..
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Kenway: Ransom.. Or whatever you choose. I only want to make my own way.. here free from everything..

Drake: What about the girl? You can't ransom someone without a name.

*OOC: Maybe kick in the fact that the Sela'ni Cartel likely have a bounty for her, alive, to be captured and handed over to them?*

Personally, I'd like to see you let us and our ship go on our merry way.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Drake: What about the girl? You can't ransom someone without a name.

*OOC: Maybe kick in the fact that the Sela'ni Cartel likely have a bounty for her, alive, to be captured and handed over to them?*

Personally, I'd like to see you let us and our ship go on our merry way.

Kenway: I can't do exactly that Deputy. But how about this I won't ransom her but you I will. Unless you have something better in mind.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Kenway: I can't do exactly that Deputy. But how about this I won't ransom her but you I will. Unless you have something better in mind.

*Then, one of Kenway's goons comes on the comm.*

Goon *comm*: Cap'n, that girl you had bought on board? Her face matched a face in the Republic ship's computer. Tara Allington-Forrester. There's a pretty price for her from the Sela'ni Cartel. I'm sure Samana Tr'ian would be... grateful... for our assistance in this matter.

*Drake swallows his fear at that remark.*

OOC: Seriously, I think handing her over to the Orions would be a good idea.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Then, one of Kenway's goons comes on the comm.*

Goon *comm*: Cap'n, that girl you had bought on board? Her face matched a face in the Republic ship's computer. Tara Allington-Forrester. There's a pretty price for her from the Sela'ni Cartel. I'm sure Samana Tr'ian would be... grateful... for our assistance in this matter.

*Drake swallows his fear at that remark.*

OOC: Seriously, I think handing her over to the Orions would be a good idea.

*OOC: Yeah but that is the thing Kenway has a dislike for them... *

Kenway: Put her in a cell til I come back... Well Deputy your call.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: good night lol I'm gone a few hours at look at you to go. Will post later tonight still have 5 hours left at work. Will hit the forerunners a little more and there involvement with the unsc tonight and might do something with bishop.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bishop walks along a catwalk in the Infinity as flash backs of there war comes to his mind.

Precursor Capital

General: they are breaking through outer lines we cant hold this off forever. If your going to do something it has to be now....

The channel fades as bishop stands in the halos control room the fate of the war and his people are in his hands.But to do this he must kill his own as well. He taps on a few controls as he forces himself to watch the views as the waves kill everyone and thing...

Present

Bishop: not again I wont go through that or put any one else through that again.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sinclaire walks up behind him

Sinclaire: are you alright

Bishop: yes just memories of an older time

Sinclaire: how did it fall

Bishop: the high council thought it could reason with them discuss what they wanted and help them. When they realized they have to fight they created mechanical warriors to exterminate the enemy. When that failed it became all out destruction.I had tried to help people affected by our war.I alone decided the fate of my people and my galaxy. It was the choice of letting the war continue to burn through time and space or stop it at great cost. The blood of all that galaxy is on me for stopping the war. And now it appears it was all for nothing. I will not let another galaxy lose its life to them again.

Sinclaire: but think of all those you saved by doing that

Bishop: imagine going to sleep each night hearing the screams of those who see what is coming knowing you are the cause of their screams? I was supposed to help people and i killed them all. I accept the burden but i will not allow that to happen again.

OOC: i have a few people im taking bishop off of allowing the broader aspects of things and kinda showing what hes been through
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: Yeah but that is the thing Kenway has a dislike for them... *

Kenway: Put her in a cell til I come back... Well Deputy your call.

Drake: Alright...

*He complies and allows Kenway to escort him to a cell.*