test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will we be commanding Very Rare Federation ships.

Alright to make things very interesting will there be newer ships arriving via Lobi store, Zen Store and Starship Customization? Ships like the Discovery Era Class-III Freighter, TNG Freedom Class and the 2x Extra Nacelle Nebula Class (from Wolf 359). Or for the Summer event will it be a Federation ship or the Doomsday machine (joking) but what I really would like is the original Shangri-La Class light cruiser.

Also will there be a Starfleet Museum at Athan Prime somewhere in-between the Alpha and Beta Quadrant its one of many things that's missing from STO.

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    New ships are coming all the time. 🤨🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I wouldn't be surprised if the TNG Freedom comes in at some point as we do have the model for it. I was surprised that it wasn't included in the Wolf 359 Bundle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    edited April 18
    I would like to see another rare Federation ship type that they have the model for already (since they used it for an April Fool's joke) is the Yeager class kitbash from DS9. Theoretically it could use the extra room in the large secondary hull to make a good tactical torpedo ship or carry some sort of auxiliary generators for extra power to the weapons or shields.

With its fixed engines it is probably not as fast as the Intrepid class its primary hull is from but having the freighter secondary hull is realistic for a war where the Allies were desperate for more ships quickly just like back in WWII and used the same solution of building warships on (often) beefed up civilian hulls.

In WWII the US even had yacht manufacturers building wooden hulled warships (not just boats, the SC Subchaser corvettes) and aircraft companies building fighter aircraft out of plywood, and Germany's only long-range bomber type in that war was a quick modification of a civilian airliner.

Since the Yeager class would make a good, quickly built, picket and patrol class (and probably be more economical on resource use without the exotic bleeding-edge tech of the Intrepid class engineering section) it seems reasonable that they would have made a bunch of them (like the "jeep" carriers of WWII) and that after the Dominion war they could have ended up as system defense ships in Federation member and associate member worlds' defensive fleets (similar to how Saber class ships are used in the Sol system according to a line of throwaway dialog in the show), ready for redeployment if needed.

They are also something some bureaucrats might squirrel away in out of the way locations for a rainy day since auxiliary cruisers or destroyers could reasonably be assumed to "fall off the books" easier than a mainline warship, and some off those could come to light in a time of need (which is pretty much the norm in STO).

Another good one to have would be the four-engined Excelsior proposal model. It only appeared in the mothball yard Unification II way in the background, but it was recognizable. It had variable-geometry warp nacelle struts, the first time such a thing was proposed (behind the scenes anyway, apparently the S31 ship had variable geometry warp drives too though I don't remember seeing it do anything like that in the show):

ztoke9hu3teo.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    I just wish they made the S31 Hou-Yi class. In fact, I wish they made the Hou-Yi instead of the Shiva, since the latter is just a dark emo Miranda.
    umv8r8tm4x9u.png

And where are the XCV 330 Enterprise and Phoenix-class (the SS Eleos)?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    Probably gonna be lockbox or promo pack ships...again. In that case, probably you're going to need to paint a pentagram on the floor in sacrificial blood, then.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    I know that feeling. I've only won... 4 ships that I can recall from lockboxes, and 0 promos.
    • Tarantula
    • Crossfield x2
    • T6 choice pack (Praetor Warbird)

I'm no whale, but my luck is E rank either way. Most of what I got was ground out and bought off the Exchange back when prices were far more reasonable, or given as gifts. Think I've won more T5s than I have T6s.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    I just wish they made the S31 Hou-Yi class. In fact, I wish they made the Hou-Yi instead of the Shiva, since the latter is just a dark emo Miranda.
    umv8r8tm4x9u.png

I kind of like the Eleos design, but given the size where would it fit in.
    It would estimate the size between a runabout and the Raven.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    umv8r8tm4x9u.png

I kind of like the Eleos design, but given the size where would it fit in.
    It would estimate the size between a runabout and the Raven.

They can do what they did with the Jellyfish and la Sirena: scale it up enough.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Well we also have the Maquis Raider, which in some cases was a rather small ship.
    The Elos would make a pretty good frigate type ship.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well we also have the Maquis Raider, which in some cases was a rather small ship.
    The Elos would make a pretty good frigate type ship.

The Maquis Raider size is rather inconsistent between TNG, DS9 and Voyager.
    The size varied between shuttle/runnabout sized, small cargo vesse to Frigate/Defiant sized.

But since the specs were not mention on screen and we lack a Technical Manual entry for the Elios Class.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.